Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | clan names
Cthonic Conclave

Cthonic or chthonic means something like "relating to under the ground" or "relating to the underworld." I think it's a cool sounding word, and both parts of the double meaning are applicable to my clan.

Conclave was then chosen for the alliteration, and because it suggests a group of coming together to make decisions.
Cthonic Conclave

Cthonic or chthonic means something like "relating to under the ground" or "relating to the underworld." I think it's a cool sounding word, and both parts of the double meaning are applicable to my clan.

Conclave was then chosen for the alliteration, and because it suggests a group of coming together to make decisions.
cDDSaqc.png
Shambling Hollow

of you like reading ..haha my lairs back story

The lair is a very large beast that can house 1000 dragons in the city built in its exposed rib cage. This creature was brought to life by accident when nature and plague were at war in the beginning. neither of the gods wanted it and even hated it. finally the plague bringer got tired of teh scare on her land and decided to destroy it , but found out it could not die. This creature felt betrayed as he loved the plague bringer as she gave him life so sought to find and confront her. he traveled long and far but never found her. finally the plague bringer came up with a spell, that would continuously cause him to decay as to at least render him not a threat. but he was also always regenerating so at the edge of were the bone stops and flesh begins there is healthy tissue in a slowly loosing battle of decay and regeneration. The creature was loosing its battle and became all but a wandering aimless beast just clinging on to teh need to find something but no clue what it is anymore. Now that our clan has taken refuge in teh creature they have stopped additional decay with constant magical intervention but can not repair the damage done... just maintain .... after that they planted a forest on its back and have imported 1000 exotic birds .. I collect slight eyewings(780) and macaws (100) and insist they be in my lore. they also built a city in teh ribs maid of leather and bone and flexible wood to accommodate the fact that their home moves and lays down.

At this point it has drive but not true consciousness . I feel it has the possibility for it , however the pain of its flesh rotting and even loosing part of the brain has shocked it into just a wondering monster. The dragons try to influence the movement, but only when necessary, like to avoid crashing or falling which may damage the lair. it takes a lot of energy and focus for a direction change so they only do it on few occasions. The lair is called the shambling Hallows and most believe its just a myth , until they see it. Its also called a wandering trading post or a wandering Oasis , but if you leave it you may never find it again. This creature has magical powers and sometimes something triggers it to teleport to a random new location . this means that living in it, visiting it or being off for to long can leave you stranded in the middle of no where.

So why a lair here you say... the spinal fluid is great for magic and forced mutation. The creature has the essence of the gods in it , in its purest form and though no dragon can harness it yet , studying it is a must .. its volatile and aggravating it can have chaotic and unpredictable affects... like grow a whole forest in the middle of the desert , to summoning beasts from other dimensions. Like I said it can not be controlled even a little , most interactions that have happened were by accident but studied to this day. Ya, there are risks to living here , but the benefit for each dragon and aid in survival way out ways the bad. On the ground in the plague land 1/3 dragon dies young. in the shambling hallows 1/50 dragons die young or get lost somehow..hahah This is because the lair is set high above the toxic smog, almost nothing wants to attack this creature , most keep a vast distance and you are always moving so its hard to make enemies and/or impossible for them to find you. Most that do come to the hallows do in 2 ways, 1 by accident /stumble upon it and 2 its mostly annual trip past Hellwell Undercraft (map location in plague). it tends to rest here for a bit every year or so , this means that it can be approached by the brave or those that seek it /believe in it.
Shambling Hollow

of you like reading ..haha my lairs back story

The lair is a very large beast that can house 1000 dragons in the city built in its exposed rib cage. This creature was brought to life by accident when nature and plague were at war in the beginning. neither of the gods wanted it and even hated it. finally the plague bringer got tired of teh scare on her land and decided to destroy it , but found out it could not die. This creature felt betrayed as he loved the plague bringer as she gave him life so sought to find and confront her. he traveled long and far but never found her. finally the plague bringer came up with a spell, that would continuously cause him to decay as to at least render him not a threat. but he was also always regenerating so at the edge of were the bone stops and flesh begins there is healthy tissue in a slowly loosing battle of decay and regeneration. The creature was loosing its battle and became all but a wandering aimless beast just clinging on to teh need to find something but no clue what it is anymore. Now that our clan has taken refuge in teh creature they have stopped additional decay with constant magical intervention but can not repair the damage done... just maintain .... after that they planted a forest on its back and have imported 1000 exotic birds .. I collect slight eyewings(780) and macaws (100) and insist they be in my lore. they also built a city in teh ribs maid of leather and bone and flexible wood to accommodate the fact that their home moves and lays down.

At this point it has drive but not true consciousness . I feel it has the possibility for it , however the pain of its flesh rotting and even loosing part of the brain has shocked it into just a wondering monster. The dragons try to influence the movement, but only when necessary, like to avoid crashing or falling which may damage the lair. it takes a lot of energy and focus for a direction change so they only do it on few occasions. The lair is called the shambling Hallows and most believe its just a myth , until they see it. Its also called a wandering trading post or a wandering Oasis , but if you leave it you may never find it again. This creature has magical powers and sometimes something triggers it to teleport to a random new location . this means that living in it, visiting it or being off for to long can leave you stranded in the middle of no where.

So why a lair here you say... the spinal fluid is great for magic and forced mutation. The creature has the essence of the gods in it , in its purest form and though no dragon can harness it yet , studying it is a must .. its volatile and aggravating it can have chaotic and unpredictable affects... like grow a whole forest in the middle of the desert , to summoning beasts from other dimensions. Like I said it can not be controlled even a little , most interactions that have happened were by accident but studied to this day. Ya, there are risks to living here , but the benefit for each dragon and aid in survival way out ways the bad. On the ground in the plague land 1/3 dragon dies young. in the shambling hallows 1/50 dragons die young or get lost somehow..hahah This is because the lair is set high above the toxic smog, almost nothing wants to attack this creature , most keep a vast distance and you are always moving so its hard to make enemies and/or impossible for them to find you. Most that do come to the hallows do in 2 ways, 1 by accident /stumble upon it and 2 its mostly annual trip past Hellwell Undercraft (map location in plague). it tends to rest here for a bit every year or so , this means that it can be approached by the brave or those that seek it /believe in it.
A5i3AHB.png
My lair goes by Clan Acamar! Acamar is the formal name of Eridani 1 in the Theta Eridani binary system. As an Arcanite, I wanted to lean into the space thing we have going on! What better than a neat little binary system?
My lair goes by Clan Acamar! Acamar is the formal name of Eridani 1 in the Theta Eridani binary system. As an Arcanite, I wanted to lean into the space thing we have going on! What better than a neat little binary system?
LEpJMnn.png
mTAp2ld.png
qjxrAwx.png
bYt72YT.png
1YB0OjO.png
EB9jVcQ.png

I call my main clan Frostfall (Or the Frostfall Clearing). There's also a small group of dragons I have which are known as the Wispers
I call my main clan Frostfall (Or the Frostfall Clearing). There's also a small group of dragons I have which are known as the Wispers
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
My clan's name is Trinacria cause it's inspired by Sicily, so ye could use a real-life place's old name too !
My clan's name is Trinacria cause it's inspired by Sicily, so ye could use a real-life place's old name too !
UDy41Fx.png
My clan is Nameless or The Nameless ^D^, lore wise they got called it so much they figured they might as well keep it! In reality I just couldn't think of anything good XD

tbh I figure theres probably a lot of nameless clans out there causing a lot of confusion for registrations and such XD

"What clan did you say you were a part of again?"

"Nameless"

Holding out list of names, "Same as these other six dragons right?"

"...nope"
My clan is Nameless or The Nameless ^D^, lore wise they got called it so much they figured they might as well keep it! In reality I just couldn't think of anything good XD

tbh I figure theres probably a lot of nameless clans out there causing a lot of confusion for registrations and such XD

"What clan did you say you were a part of again?"

"Nameless"

Holding out list of names, "Same as these other six dragons right?"

"...nope"
AlYFj1w.png
rUoKR6y.png
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
sQngrHp.png
[emoji=skull size=1] the starwood clan bc they live in the starwood strand
the starwood clan bc they live in the starwood strand
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
Shishugou. It's a formation with dinosaur fossils. A holdover from when I named all my dragons after dinosaurs, I have no real reason to change it.
Shishugou. It's a formation with dinosaur fossils. A holdover from when I named all my dragons after dinosaurs, I have no real reason to change it.
Sleep5454.pngfjQZ4.gifcK1e6.gif
my lair name is The Currents, which is less of a name for each of the clans but the general area that everyone is based in. i named it that because The Currents is a series of tunnels that power various parts of the Shifting Expanse (lightning territory), and its like electric current... so i feel smart... [emoji=bogsneak tongue size=2]
my lair name is The Currents, which is less of a name for each of the clans but the general area that everyone is based in.

i named it that because The Currents is a series of tunnels that power various parts of the Shifting Expanse (lightning territory), and its like electric current... so i feel smart...
My clan has gone through a couple name changes- it started as Kokudo Takusan, which was supposed to mean something along the lines of "World Clan" in Japanese but it doesn't. Then it was Kuran no Sekai, which was supposed to mean "Clan of Worlds" in Japanese but also doesn't. -_-

For the past year or so it's been Clan Tellatale, and I'm much happier with it now. All three names are meant to reference how I have dozens of dragons from different worlds with different stories to tell, because my clan lore heavily incorporates my fandragons, who were brought to Sornieth by unknown forces.
My clan has gone through a couple name changes- it started as Kokudo Takusan, which was supposed to mean something along the lines of "World Clan" in Japanese but it doesn't. Then it was Kuran no Sekai, which was supposed to mean "Clan of Worlds" in Japanese but also doesn't. -_-

For the past year or so it's been Clan Tellatale, and I'm much happier with it now. All three names are meant to reference how I have dozens of dragons from different worlds with different stories to tell, because my clan lore heavily incorporates my fandragons, who were brought to Sornieth by unknown forces.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif