Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | if you could change any color's name
[quote name="Verdurous" date="2023-01-19 15:53:18" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2023-01-17 19:08:30" ] Phthalo to Pffffbllllthalo [/quote] okay but I genuinely do not know how to pronounce this word, I've been saying puh-tow-low [/quote] "They-low" is the one I've heard most professional artists in the USA use, and a Google search says that's what it's supposed to be, along with "Tha-low" for British pronunciation
Verdurous wrote on 2023-01-19 15:53:18:
Natron wrote on 2023-01-17 19:08:30:
Phthalo to Pffffbllllthalo

okay but I genuinely do not know how to pronounce this word, I've been saying puh-tow-low
"They-low" is the one I've heard most professional artists in the USA use, and a Google search says that's what it's supposed to be, along with "Tha-low" for British pronunciation
This is an interesting thread!

I agree with what others said about Stonewash, Goldenrod, and Sanddollar versus Stone, Gold, and Sand.

As for my personal picks, Metals has always been a weird name for me, just because it's plural. I would just call it Metal. All the other names based on objects are singular (I'm pretty sure), so this one bothers me sometimes. Then again, a lot of things bother me haha.

Also I would change Thistle. If the name is based on the plant and you look at pictures of them, it's a much more vibrant purple most of the time. Although I'm not sure what I'd change it to.

And yes I agree Spring needs to be changed too. Maybe to Phlegm. Because...that's what it looks like.
This is an interesting thread!

I agree with what others said about Stonewash, Goldenrod, and Sanddollar versus Stone, Gold, and Sand.

As for my personal picks, Metals has always been a weird name for me, just because it's plural. I would just call it Metal. All the other names based on objects are singular (I'm pretty sure), so this one bothers me sometimes. Then again, a lot of things bother me haha.

Also I would change Thistle. If the name is based on the plant and you look at pictures of them, it's a much more vibrant purple most of the time. Although I'm not sure what I'd change it to.

And yes I agree Spring needs to be changed too. Maybe to Phlegm. Because...that's what it looks like.
wsC9LP4.jpg
either change pear to apple/grannysmith, or pearl to uh... idk pastel? I just don't like that when im looking for pearl in the search tab i gotta type the whole thing
either change pear to apple/grannysmith, or pearl to uh... idk pastel? I just don't like that when im looking for pearl in the search tab i gotta type the whole thing
iO2X60T.png
I'd change Obsidian to Black and Black to Pitch
I'd change Obsidian to Black and Black to Pitch
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2023-01-18 03:20:03" ] [quote name="WolfTears" date="2023-01-17 20:55:48" ] Spring to "Snot". Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert. [/quote] this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that. [/quote] [holds my spring dragons very close to protect them from this SLANDER]
Wildthyme wrote on 2023-01-18 03:20:03:
WolfTears wrote on 2023-01-17 20:55:48:
Spring to "Snot".
Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert.

this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that.

[holds my spring dragons very close to protect them from this SLANDER]
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • nothing's new...
@Churrell I can see where you're coming from, but we have Brussels Sprouts and Yorkshire Terriers, so this isn't the first time where a place that doesn't exist in Sornieth gets referenced. [item=brussels sprouts][item=yorkshire terrier]
@Churrell
I can see where you're coming from, but we have Brussels Sprouts and Yorkshire Terriers, so this isn't the first time where a place that doesn't exist in Sornieth gets referenced.
Brussels Sprouts Yorkshire Terrier
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
Avocado specifically irks me for some reason. Not totally sure what I'd change it to though... Maybe wet leaf lol
Avocado specifically irks me for some reason. Not totally sure what I'd change it to though... Maybe wet leaf lol
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif