Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | if you could change any color's name
[quote name="WolfTears" date="2023-01-17 20:55:48" ] Spring to "Snot". Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert. [/quote] this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that.
WolfTears wrote on 2023-01-17 20:55:48:
Spring to "Snot".
Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert.

this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that.
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2023-01-18 03:20:03" ] [quote name="WolfTears" date="2023-01-17 20:55:48" ] Spring to "Snot". Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert. [/quote] this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that. [/quote] [font=Comic Sans MS]Maybe it's not about spring as a season but it's inspired by hot springs instead? Especially considering Shell/Web has colors [i]extremely[/i] similar to most likely most known one of them... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=2&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=66&tertgene=0&winggene=71&wings=40&auth=481834daf4b1e11980b1c515f461e82fe239e711&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Aerial_view_of_Grand_Prismatic_%2823428929375%29.jpg/398px-Aerial_view_of_Grand_Prismatic_%2823428929375%29.jpg[/img]
Wildthyme wrote on 2023-01-18 03:20:03:
WolfTears wrote on 2023-01-17 20:55:48:
Spring to "Snot".
Nothing about that color evokes "spring" to me, but it sure do look like Shrek boogers, especially as a tert.

this is literally what I came here to post. Spring is a gross colour. Plants are only that shade when they're dying, there's nothing springy about that.
Maybe it's not about spring as a season but it's inspired by hot springs instead?

Especially considering Shell/Web has colors extremely similar to most likely most known one of them...
dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=2&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=66&tertgene=0&winggene=71&wings=40&auth=481834daf4b1e11980b1c515f461e82fe239e711&dummyext=prev.png
398px-Aerial_view_of_Grand_Prismatic_%2823428929375%29.jpg

Ace Flag
_
Statue of Wolfe
Maize is now Vanilla.
Maize is now Vanilla.
cottoncandy to candyfloss or just candy. because the lack of a space has always bothered me [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
cottoncandy to candyfloss or just candy. because the lack of a space has always bothered me
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
*silenty makes note of all of your color names to drop in the new colors suggestion thread*
*silenty makes note of all of your color names to drop in the new colors suggestion thread*
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
I would change Cottoncandy in a heartbeat because cotton candy is supposed to be two words!!!!! The color could be called Sweet or Candy but Cottoncandy has always bothered me so much I'm discouraged from having dragons with the color.
I would change Cottoncandy in a heartbeat because cotton candy is supposed to be two words!!!!! The color could be called Sweet or Candy but Cottoncandy has always bothered me so much I'm discouraged from having dragons with the color.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
Any of the colours that have similar names to each other where the longer name is above it on the colour wheel, e.g. goldenrod and gold, sanddollar and sand.

I type in the colour name and get the wrong colour, so i have to scroll down to find it.

(also periwinkle and peridot, i type in 'peri' and it sends me to periwinkle. i know all i have to do is type 'perid' to get to peridot but it annoys me just a bit because i look for peridot dragons wayyy more than periwinkle lol)

Any of the colours that have similar names to each other where the longer name is above it on the colour wheel, e.g. goldenrod and gold, sanddollar and sand.

I type in the colour name and get the wrong colour, so i have to scroll down to find it.

(also periwinkle and peridot, i type in 'peri' and it sends me to periwinkle. i know all i have to do is type 'perid' to get to peridot but it annoys me just a bit because i look for peridot dragons wayyy more than periwinkle lol)

Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
Pixel plasma frigate animation (art by me) Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
I would instead switch the names of Vermillion and Chartreuse, just to be evil
I would instead switch the names of Vermillion and Chartreuse, just to be evil
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Thistle- the flower is way more purple than the color
No idea what else it should be called
Thistle- the flower is way more purple than the color
No idea what else it should be called
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-01-17 17:44:20" ] Specific, but I think I would change Tangerine because the color does not make me think of Tangerines. I would call it 'Salmon' instead, it makes me think of that way more. [/quote] Oh I like this a lot! took a peek at the color list and maybe watermelon? it just does not match the color in my brain (I mean, I'm used to it now but it seems like it should be red(der) or green..)
Recallback wrote on 2023-01-17 17:44:20:
Specific, but I think I would change Tangerine because the color does not make me think of Tangerines. I would call it 'Salmon' instead, it makes me think of that way more.
Oh I like this a lot!

took a peek at the color list and maybe watermelon? it just does not match the color in my brain (I mean, I'm used to it now but it seems like it should be red(der) or green..)
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread