Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed. Thank you!
1 2
[b]Unable to delete thread.[/b] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/j55YgLc.png[/img][nextcol][font=century gothic][size=7][color=#365a1e]Calling All Merry Munchkins[/size][/font][/color][/columns] ------- Hello again Merry Munchkins! You are summoned here to view the new games, activities, and contests that might* be available for the 2022 Merry Munchkin Festival. I know this is a lot to read, but please consider giving it at least a quick skim because I am in desperate need of assistance and feedback. Thank you! As of right now, the event is planned for December 4th-10th. The [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wmJf788tkeNpOHaJ8L44gEW0GNi2NVsP-dROiwUsKhc/edit]ping list[/url] is once again open for anyone that would like to add/remove their name from it. Merry Munchkin Lore and the map are in development now. I am looking for artists to help with some projects. If you'd be interested in helping in the art department, or know someone that might be interested please let me know. Have questions about what all this Merry Munchkin junk is? You can find answers [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3135245#post_3135245]here[/url]. You can also ask me, I'm happy to help with your questions. -------------------- [size=6][font=century gothic][color=#46354f]Contests[/size][/font][/color] Contests will run from the 4th to the 7th with public voting being held between the 8th and 9th. Winners will be announced on the 10th. [b]NEEDS[/b]: I am looking for someone/s that can create some badges for me. I need first, second, third, and participation badges that are unique to each contest. I will pay for any work selected for the event. I would also like to outsource the achievements this year. If anyone would like to make achievements for each of the contests please let me know. ------- [LIST] [*][b]Writing Contest[/b]: Calling all writers! Do you enjoy telling your tall tales to an excited audience? Well, this contest is for you. A short story contest all about the holiday season and the Merry Munchkins. The word count limit would likely be around 250. There will be a first, second, and third prize winner. One entry per player. [*][b]Art Contest[/b]: Calling all artists! We need the works of your imagination. Our Mighty Merry Munchkin is said to take on many different forms when they visit dragons that call on them. Can you show us your visions of the Great One? One entry per artist. There will be a first, second, and third prize winner. [*][b]Outfit Contest[/b]: Like to play dress-up do you? GREAT! We're looking for your best festive outfit. How do you like to dress up for the holidays? Theme: Holiday Attire. First, second, and third place winners. One entry per player. [*][b]Pageant Contest[/b]: Like last year we will be looking for the face of the 2022 Merry Munchkin Festival. There is only one winner of this contest and they will hold the title of Merry Munchkin Mascot for the year. One entry per player. [/LIST] ---------------- [size=6][font=century gothic][color=#46354f]Games[/size][/font][/color] Gifts galore! The fun part of the holidays. Most games will run between 1-3 days before another game is introduced. Some games will overlap each other and some will run the entire week. There will be big prizes for each game. [b]NEEDS[/b]: Donations are needed for this. I'll be looking for things like clothes, skins, vistas, scenes, familiars, battle items, special items you might want to get rid of, hibden upgrade items, those sorts of things. Please hold on alchemy items for now. Please send anything you wish to donate via CR so I can keep a record of everyone and thing associated with the donation. Achievements will be needed here as well. If anyone would like to make achievements for each game, please let me know. ------------ [LIST] [*][b]Go Fish[/b]: An old favorite is returning. This year it will include vistas, scenes, and scrolls. Runs from 4th-7th. Once a day. [*][b]Fortune Telling Game ([i]tentative name[/i])[/b]: Pick a number, any number, and tell the fortune teller. You will get a fortune... and maybe something else. Runs the whole week. Everyone is guaranteed a fortune. Once a day. [*][b]Narmod's Workshop[/b]: Everyone knows if you offer Narmod a gift he'll offer you something special in return. Just make sure you are not on the naughty list, who knows what you might get if you are. Runs from the 8th-10th. Once a day. [*][b]Guess the Goop[/b]: The Merry Munchkin alchemist is here and they are providing their services to everyone at the festival. They put a twist on their alchemy, by letting you guess the outcome of the process. If you guess right you get the goop and a prize as well. Runs from the 6th-8th. Once a day. [/LIST] --------------- [size=6][font=century gothic][color=#46354f]Activities[/size][/font][/color] Activities are just for fun, so no prizes will be given out for activities. Each will run the entire week or until supplies run out. [b]NEEDS[/b]: I need badges for the gift-giving and food bank activities, if anyone is interested in helping me get some of those made, please let me know. Any work chosen for the event will be paid for. Achievements! Also, I am horrible with spreadsheets, if anyone would be willing to help with making some up for gift-giving activities I would really appreciate it! Also, food donations. --------------- [LIST] [*][b]Gift Giving[/b]: Remember, as you are receiving gifts, you can give them as well. This is the time of year for kindness. Drop by and offer a friend -- or a complete stranger-- something that will make their day. A gift doesn't have to be something big or fancy, sometimes all it takes is a hug to brighten someone's day. Badges will be awarded for your gift bombs (the item doesn't matter so long as it's not hurtful or a scrap of trash you found somewhere). A special badge will be made for Merry Munchkin Hugs, which can be sent out to anyone as a gift. [*][b]Food Bank[/b]: No one should go hungry this time of year-- or ever! Those in need of food can come to the food bank to get their much-needed nourishment. It will last until supplies run out. Donators will get a special badge. [*][b]Mystery Theater[/b]: This activity is in development. It will take the player away from FR. Your job will be to solve the mystery of the missing presents! Can you help Lady Night recover the important packages before it's too late to deliver them? Or something like that, I'm still working out the details. Also, when this (if this) is ready I will be looking for players to test it. If you are interested in testing the game, please let me know. [*][b]Keep the Hatchling Clean[/b]: The nursery is in need of your help. They have their hands full and they need you to take care of one hatchling for a little while. Careful though, the hatchling just had a bath and it would be dreadful if it got dirty. I saw this game some time ago, the goal is to make the hatchling as dirty as possible, which is achieved by giving the blank hatchling color, genes, an entirely new body, etc. It goes until the 10th. [*][b]Consignment Boutique[/b]: Have extra apparel laying about? No worries, throw something together and bring it down to the boutique. You can sell your outfit to eager Merry Munchkins looking to refresh their wardrobe. If you are interested in selling your old outfits, please let me know. [*][b]Alchemist R Us[/b]: Part of the warehouse is hosting various alchemists from around Sornieth. There are ample bays for talented alchemists to set up a temporary shop. Help out your fellow Merry Munchkins by helping create brews they can't make and earn some monies in the process. If you are interested in a bay, please let me know. [/LIST] ------------------ [size=6][font=century gothic][color=#46354f]Shops[/size][/font][/color] It would be awesome if shopkeepers would like to open shop for the festival. I wouldn't ask anyone to make anything new for it, but coming in and offering what you already have ([i]maybe at a small discount-- meh, maybe not[/i]) that would be amazing. It could generate a bit of business for you and the Merry Munchkins would have ample shopping opportunities for the holidays. All shops would be welcome. You can sell anything from dragons, to apparel, to art... you get the idea. ------------ [size=6][font=century gothic][color=#46354f]Any Ideas[/size][/font][/color] Do you have an idea for your own game or activity? I'd love to hear them [emoji=coatl happy size=1] [right][size=2][i]Pinglist Removed[/i][/size][/right] *[i]These are in the planning phase, and there is no guarantee they will make it to the actual event[/i]
Unable to delete thread.
j55YgLc.png Calling All
Merry Munchkins

Hello again Merry Munchkins! You are summoned here to view the new games, activities, and contests that might* be available for the 2022 Merry Munchkin Festival. I know this is a lot to read, but please consider giving it at least a quick skim because I am in desperate need of assistance and feedback. Thank you!

As of right now, the event is planned for December 4th-10th.

The ping list is once again open for anyone that would like to add/remove their name from it.

Merry Munchkin Lore and the map are in development now. I am looking for artists to help with some projects. If you'd be interested in helping in the art department, or know someone that might be interested please let me know.

Have questions about what all this Merry Munchkin junk is? You can find answers here. You can also ask me, I'm happy to help with your questions.
Contests
Contests will run from the 4th to the 7th with public voting being held between the 8th and 9th. Winners will be announced on the 10th.

NEEDS: I am looking for someone/s that can create some badges for me. I need first, second, third, and participation badges that are unique to each contest. I will pay for any work selected for the event. I would also like to outsource the achievements this year. If anyone would like to make achievements for each of the contests please let me know.
  • Writing Contest: Calling all writers! Do you enjoy telling your tall tales to an excited audience? Well, this contest is for you. A short story contest all about the holiday season and the Merry Munchkins. The word count limit would likely be around 250. There will be a first, second, and third prize winner. One entry per player.
  • Art Contest: Calling all artists! We need the works of your imagination. Our Mighty Merry Munchkin is said to take on many different forms when they visit dragons that call on them. Can you show us your visions of the Great One? One entry per artist. There will be a first, second, and third prize winner.
  • Outfit Contest: Like to play dress-up do you? GREAT! We're looking for your best festive outfit. How do you like to dress up for the holidays? Theme: Holiday Attire. First, second, and third place winners. One entry per player.
  • Pageant Contest: Like last year we will be looking for the face of the 2022 Merry Munchkin Festival. There is only one winner of this contest and they will hold the title of Merry Munchkin Mascot for the year. One entry per player.

Games
Gifts galore! The fun part of the holidays. Most games will run between 1-3 days before another game is introduced. Some games will overlap each other and some will run the entire week. There will be big prizes for each game.

NEEDS: Donations are needed for this. I'll be looking for things like clothes, skins, vistas, scenes, familiars, battle items, special items you might want to get rid of, hibden upgrade items, those sorts of things. Please hold on alchemy items for now. Please send anything you wish to donate via CR so I can keep a record of everyone and thing associated with the donation. Achievements will be needed here as well. If anyone would like to make achievements for each game, please let me know.
  • Go Fish: An old favorite is returning. This year it will include vistas, scenes, and scrolls. Runs from 4th-7th. Once a day.
  • Fortune Telling Game (tentative name): Pick a number, any number, and tell the fortune teller. You will get a fortune... and maybe something else. Runs the whole week. Everyone is guaranteed a fortune. Once a day.
  • Narmod's Workshop: Everyone knows if you offer Narmod a gift he'll offer you something special in return. Just make sure you are not on the naughty list, who knows what you might get if you are. Runs from the 8th-10th. Once a day.
  • Guess the Goop: The Merry Munchkin alchemist is here and they are providing their services to everyone at the festival. They put a twist on their alchemy, by letting you guess the outcome of the process. If you guess right you get the goop and a prize as well. Runs from the 6th-8th. Once a day.

Activities
Activities are just for fun, so no prizes will be given out for activities. Each will run the entire week or until supplies run out.

NEEDS: I need badges for the gift-giving and food bank activities, if anyone is interested in helping me get some of those made, please let me know. Any work chosen for the event will be paid for. Achievements! Also, I am horrible with spreadsheets, if anyone would be willing to help with making some up for gift-giving activities I would really appreciate it! Also, food donations.
  • Gift Giving: Remember, as you are receiving gifts, you can give them as well. This is the time of year for kindness. Drop by and offer a friend -- or a complete stranger-- something that will make their day. A gift doesn't have to be something big or fancy, sometimes all it takes is a hug to brighten someone's day. Badges will be awarded for your gift bombs (the item doesn't matter so long as it's not hurtful or a scrap of trash you found somewhere). A special badge will be made for Merry Munchkin Hugs, which can be sent out to anyone as a gift.
  • Food Bank: No one should go hungry this time of year-- or ever! Those in need of food can come to the food bank to get their much-needed nourishment. It will last until supplies run out. Donators will get a special badge.
  • Mystery Theater: This activity is in development. It will take the player away from FR. Your job will be to solve the mystery of the missing presents! Can you help Lady Night recover the important packages before it's too late to deliver them? Or something like that, I'm still working out the details. Also, when this (if this) is ready I will be looking for players to test it. If you are interested in testing the game, please let me know.
  • Keep the Hatchling Clean: The nursery is in need of your help. They have their hands full and they need you to take care of one hatchling for a little while. Careful though, the hatchling just had a bath and it would be dreadful if it got dirty.
    I saw this game some time ago, the goal is to make the hatchling as dirty as possible, which is achieved by giving the blank hatchling color, genes, an entirely new body, etc. It goes until the 10th.
  • Consignment Boutique: Have extra apparel laying about? No worries, throw something together and bring it down to the boutique. You can sell your outfit to eager Merry Munchkins looking to refresh their wardrobe. If you are interested in selling your old outfits, please let me know.
  • Alchemist R Us: Part of the warehouse is hosting various alchemists from around Sornieth. There are ample bays for talented alchemists to set up a temporary shop. Help out your fellow Merry Munchkins by helping create brews they can't make and earn some monies in the process. If you are interested in a bay, please let me know.

Shops
It would be awesome if shopkeepers would like to open shop for the festival. I wouldn't ask anyone to make anything new for it, but coming in and offering what you already have (maybe at a small discount-- meh, maybe not) that would be amazing. It could generate a bit of business for you and the Merry Munchkins would have ample shopping opportunities for the holidays.

All shops would be welcome. You can sell anything from dragons, to apparel, to art... you get the idea.
Any Ideas
Do you have an idea for your own game or activity? I'd love to hear them
Pinglist Removed

*These are in the planning phase, and there is no guarantee they will make it to the actual event
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I would like to test the mystery theater game :)

Giving a month in advance for the accent contest sounds like you said sounds like a good idea.

I can make various donations as I'm able, just let me know when you're ready to start taking them :)

Also, idea for an additional game/contest/activity/however you see fit, maybe cookie decorating? Have a few simple bases (round, square, heart, etc) and have munchkins design (draw on the base and give a brief description) what they would want to put on/in the cookie. Potential awards could be most merry, most delicious, and most ??? for the cookie that you wouldn't want to eat
I would like to test the mystery theater game :)

Giving a month in advance for the accent contest sounds like you said sounds like a good idea.

I can make various donations as I'm able, just let me know when you're ready to start taking them :)

Also, idea for an additional game/contest/activity/however you see fit, maybe cookie decorating? Have a few simple bases (round, square, heart, etc) and have munchkins design (draw on the base and give a brief description) what they would want to put on/in the cookie. Potential awards could be most merry, most delicious, and most ??? for the cookie that you wouldn't want to eat
If you ping me and I don't respond, try again. I might just not have seen it.
@NBW
I can really bite into your cookie idea (haha... sorry, couldn't help it). Honestly though, it sounds great. I've seen this sort of game/contest before. For this event, I believe it would fit best in contests.

Next question, would you be interested in creating the thread and managing it? If not that's good too.
@NBW
I can really bite into your cookie idea (haha... sorry, couldn't help it). Honestly though, it sounds great. I've seen this sort of game/contest before. For this event, I believe it would fit best in contests.

Next question, would you be interested in creating the thread and managing it? If not that's good too.
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Oh the games, activities and contests sounds fun! I can probably donate some stuff, though I can't say yet with what else I can participate
Oh the games, activities and contests sounds fun! I can probably donate some stuff, though I can't say yet with what else I can participate
918d3067284ef190697e582e4f1c6104694416ce.png[/ur]
UM for sale/trade ~Dragons for sale~
@Jaypaw Thank you [emoji=coatl happy size=1]! I'll put you on the donation ping list. No worries, just come to have fun [emoji=coatl laughing size=1].
@Jaypaw

Thank you ! I'll put you on the donation ping list. No worries, just come to have fun .
buffer text
Coming
Soon
this sounds like a lot of fun! i'd like to help out with testing stuff if i can, and could i please be added to the donation pinglist? thank you!
this sounds like a lot of fun! i'd like to help out with testing stuff if i can, and could i please be added to the donation pinglist? thank you!
T12.pngo250-d01-Auralyx.pngo250-d02-Auralyx.pngo116-d01-Auralyx.pngo116-d02-Auralyx.pngo250-d03-Auralyx.pngo116-d03-Auralyx.pngo250-d04-Auralyx.pngo116-d04-Auralyx.pngo250-d05-Auralyx.pngo116-d05-Auralyx.pngT11.png
Hex0gCq.png
@Auralyx Done and done [emoji=coatl happy size=1] Thank you!
@Auralyx

Done and done Thank you!
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I added myself to all three pinglists; would love to help out as it gets closer!
I added myself to all three pinglists; would love to help out as it gets closer!
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Oooo! Exciting to see planning for the next Merry Munchkin event!

I can't art, but may be able to help with a spreadsheet (as long as you're not looking for something super complicated). I will start collecting some things to donate!
Oooo! Exciting to see planning for the next Merry Munchkin event!

I can't art, but may be able to help with a spreadsheet (as long as you're not looking for something super complicated). I will start collecting some things to donate!
w8o0xW1.pngSaronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.WXOu4H0.pngt4yhov0.png1Up793k.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
@Kothra *[i]drops to knees in praise[/i]* Thank you! I am absolutely horrible with spreadsheets, making and using, so the simpler the better. I need a spreadsheet for the food drive and donations. I would just need player name, CR #, and what they donated so I could keep track. If you'd be interested in doing one of those spreadsheets that would be awesome. I wouldn't need it until about September, when I'll start taking in the donations. Also, please let me know your fee for this awesome, brilliant, and beautiful service [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@Kothra

*drops to knees in praise* Thank you! I am absolutely horrible with spreadsheets, making and using, so the simpler the better. I need a spreadsheet for the food drive and donations. I would just need player name, CR #, and what they donated so I could keep track.

If you'd be interested in doing one of those spreadsheets that would be awesome. I wouldn't need it until about September, when I'll start taking in the donations. Also, please let me know your fee for this awesome, brilliant, and beautiful service
buffer text
Coming
Soon
1 2