Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Your Flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
So I've put a lot of thought into my flight, and recently I changed from Plague to Arcane. As someone who has always loved magic and learning, I feel like the aesthetic just fits me. It was a hard choice between Light and Arcane.

So why did you choose yours? Was it based purely off of aesthetic? dom? community? eye color/breeding? What were your reasons for switching flights (if you have)?
So I've put a lot of thought into my flight, and recently I changed from Plague to Arcane. As someone who has always loved magic and learning, I feel like the aesthetic just fits me. It was a hard choice between Light and Arcane.

So why did you choose yours? Was it based purely off of aesthetic? dom? community? eye color/breeding? What were your reasons for switching flights (if you have)?
pixil-frame-067.png2sdjCmT.pngpixil-frame-068.pngQq78qBr.png
I was in shadow at first solely for the aesthetic.

But then I moved to plague and fell in love with the lore. I was going through a lot at the time and thought the survival even under harsh conditions motif suited me.

And while things have not really improved, what has improved is my mental condition and ability to face my problems. So I didn't feel I needed plague anymore and moved back to shadow. At first I really missed plague, but the aesthetic and lore of shadow were perfect for what I wanted from my clan. So I think I'll be staying here a while!
I was in shadow at first solely for the aesthetic.

But then I moved to plague and fell in love with the lore. I was going through a lot at the time and thought the survival even under harsh conditions motif suited me.

And while things have not really improved, what has improved is my mental condition and ability to face my problems. So I didn't feel I needed plague anymore and moved back to shadow. At first I really missed plague, but the aesthetic and lore of shadow were perfect for what I wanted from my clan. So I think I'll be staying here a while!

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
I fell in love with simple aesthetic and chunky deity. It was a toss with Nature, but seeing as I'm an Earth dragon according to the Chinese calendar... yeah, pebble it is :D
I fell in love with simple aesthetic and chunky deity. It was a toss with Nature, but seeing as I'm an Earth dragon according to the Chinese calendar... yeah, pebble it is :D
I've always been in Nature, and honestly it was such an incredibly hard decision. I still contemplate moving to Plague all the time (and sometimes Shadow), but I just love the cozy and nurturing vibes of Nature. I love the green eyes because I so often keep dragons whose colors compliment green nicely.

Despite being a long time post-scene edgy emo kid, I am just a hippie and outdoors enthusiast at heart. I love swamps, mushrooms, overgrown cityscapes, and gnarly tree trunks. So I find my own way to bring my goblin-like aesthetics into Nature!
I've always been in Nature, and honestly it was such an incredibly hard decision. I still contemplate moving to Plague all the time (and sometimes Shadow), but I just love the cozy and nurturing vibes of Nature. I love the green eyes because I so often keep dragons whose colors compliment green nicely.

Despite being a long time post-scene edgy emo kid, I am just a hippie and outdoors enthusiast at heart. I love swamps, mushrooms, overgrown cityscapes, and gnarly tree trunks. So I find my own way to bring my goblin-like aesthetics into Nature!
eP65k0J.png
Fire has always been something I've been fascinated with, and the aesthetic of if never hurt with its beautiful oranges and unpredictable movements! What really sold me was the personality descriptors of Fire Flight. Passionate and temperamental is a way to boil down my personality, and when you think about metalworkers they can be described as creatives, too! Fitting for an artist. Small things like how the festival landed on my birthday month and the personality summing up the Leo zodiac (still weeping over no fire Leo familiar /lh) just solidified everything for me. Haven't moved from it ever. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] I also feel my love for Coatl might be because of my heritage, so maybe I was also drawn to Fire because of that, haha! Just feels meant to be.
Fire has always been something I've been fascinated with, and the aesthetic of if never hurt with its beautiful oranges and unpredictable movements!

What really sold me was the personality descriptors of Fire Flight. Passionate and temperamental is a way to boil down my personality, and when you think about metalworkers they can be described as creatives, too! Fitting for an artist.

Small things like how the festival landed on my birthday month and the personality summing up the Leo zodiac (still weeping over no fire Leo familiar /lh) just solidified everything for me. Haven't moved from it ever.

I also feel my love for Coatl might be because of my heritage, so maybe I was also drawn to Fire because of that, haha! Just feels meant to be.
Banner_2.png
SKIN SHOP
tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png
Lol I never tire of saying why I love Plague!

So, many many years ago, back when registration week was a thing, I was made aware of this site but didn’t know when registration week was so I couldn’t sign up, but I did spend time poking around the world map! Then some year(s) later, my friend got me to sign up when it actually WAS registration week, and when it came time to pick an element, I knew with very little thought that the Plague territory had impressed me the most! A giant cauldron of disease and disease encroaching on the other lands, just was a concept that stuck with me way more than any of the other elemental regions. Sometimes I wish I’d signed up for Flight Rising earlier, but I guess this way lets me know for sure that I picked the right element :D Every day I am so happy to be in Plague!
Lol I never tire of saying why I love Plague!

So, many many years ago, back when registration week was a thing, I was made aware of this site but didn’t know when registration week was so I couldn’t sign up, but I did spend time poking around the world map! Then some year(s) later, my friend got me to sign up when it actually WAS registration week, and when it came time to pick an element, I knew with very little thought that the Plague territory had impressed me the most! A giant cauldron of disease and disease encroaching on the other lands, just was a concept that stuck with me way more than any of the other elemental regions. Sometimes I wish I’d signed up for Flight Rising earlier, but I guess this way lets me know for sure that I picked the right element :D Every day I am so happy to be in Plague!
although my lore is based around light and has been for a very long time, i can't really say why i joined it outside of it just being the most appealing choice at the time :'D i did end up loving the aesthetic though. lightweaver is one my favorites deities as well!
although my lore is based around light and has been for a very long time, i can't really say why i joined it outside of it just being the most appealing choice at the time :'D i did end up loving the aesthetic though. lightweaver is one my favorites deities as well!
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
My current flight, Ice, I chose for aesthetic purposes. My favorite color is light blue and I've always loved the eyes! Also the icy world map is cool.

My main flight, Wind, I choose because I relate to it a lot, I'm an artist myself and the Wind flight seems very artistically inclined, it's fun, playful, loves traveling, you get the idea. I love Wind flight. :)
My current flight, Ice, I chose for aesthetic purposes. My favorite color is light blue and I've always loved the eyes! Also the icy world map is cool.

My main flight, Wind, I choose because I relate to it a lot, I'm an artist myself and the Wind flight seems very artistically inclined, it's fun, playful, loves traveling, you get the idea. I love Wind flight. :)
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

Earth! I like the aesthetic and the idea of an exploration mining guild works very well with the flight!
Earth! I like the aesthetic and the idea of an exploration mining guild works very well with the flight!
ryE2w5W.png

Beau
Any/all
2D/3D artist and animator
about

0K30XFq.png

The cosmic horror aspect of Arcane was the main thing for me personally. The fact that the arcane element and the Arcanist were not supposed to exist in the first place and bring upon horrors (such as the Shade or otherwise) for the sake of knowledge was the perfect inspiration for me and what I plan for lore!

Not at all the reason a lot of other people choose Arcane haha but its what I love best.
The cosmic horror aspect of Arcane was the main thing for me personally. The fact that the arcane element and the Arcanist were not supposed to exist in the first place and bring upon horrors (such as the Shade or otherwise) for the sake of knowledge was the perfect inspiration for me and what I plan for lore!

Not at all the reason a lot of other people choose Arcane haha but its what I love best.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12