Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | aberrations: the most beloved breed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[quote name="closedcaptioning" date="2022-03-05 18:16:36" ] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/927795985030213672/949728966200148008/unknown.png[/img] I found this announcement so funny because this implies that Aberrations have been [i]so[/i] well received and [i]so instantly beloved[/i] that even users who had completely left Flight Rising and wanted nothing to do with it anymore were dragged back to the dragon pet game [i]just[/i] for these guys. To test this theory, I'd love to hear your thoughts? Love em, hate em, 'meh' on them? I didn't think I would like them because I don't often like the plague aesthetic but if my pfp is any indication that changed quickly... [/quote] Not to imply that Aberrations aren't very beloved— they are!— but this is also the first gene release since Flight Rising's upgraded security, which is probably why it's relevant that they need to extend Galore's gift date specifically for account recovery. Breed releases in general tend to bring a lot of users back to the site, sometimes temporarily and sometimes to stay, which is great! That said, Aberrations are such a unique design that hopefully some of that hype will stick! But I was surprised Banescale hype died down as fast as it did; wyvern-style dragons were also a common ask alongside multiple heads, and Banescales had so much activity that they caused mega-lag, but these days I find it hard to find Banescale-centric stuff for my Banes. I hope that doesn't happen for Aberrations, they're a treasure.
closedcaptioning wrote on 2022-03-05 18:16:36:
unknown.png

I found this announcement so funny because this implies that Aberrations have been so well received and so instantly beloved that even users who had completely left Flight Rising and wanted nothing to do with it anymore were dragged back to the dragon pet game just for these guys.

To test this theory, I'd love to hear your thoughts? Love em, hate em, 'meh' on them? I didn't think I would like them because I don't often like the plague aesthetic but if my pfp is any indication that changed quickly...

Not to imply that Aberrations aren't very beloved— they are!— but this is also the first gene release since Flight Rising's upgraded security, which is probably why it's relevant that they need to extend Galore's gift date specifically for account recovery. Breed releases in general tend to bring a lot of users back to the site, sometimes temporarily and sometimes to stay, which is great!

That said, Aberrations are such a unique design that hopefully some of that hype will stick! But I was surprised Banescale hype died down as fast as it did; wyvern-style dragons were also a common ask alongside multiple heads, and Banescales had so much activity that they caused mega-lag, but these days I find it hard to find Banescale-centric stuff for my Banes. I hope that doesn't happen for Aberrations, they're a treasure.
I personally ADORE them. I'm glad Plague finally got some love and they gave us an amazing Ancient that everyone can share in, since it's Plague enough but not so much where it upsets people.
They have a wonderful set of genes (most of my favorite modern genes got paralleled!) and I'm sure future releases of new genes will be just as great.

I just only wish they could wear apparel.. The art already has so much personality and skins/accents are great and there are already some stunning ones out there, but they would be so great if you could slap some apparel pieces on them.
I personally ADORE them. I'm glad Plague finally got some love and they gave us an amazing Ancient that everyone can share in, since it's Plague enough but not so much where it upsets people.
They have a wonderful set of genes (most of my favorite modern genes got paralleled!) and I'm sure future releases of new genes will be just as great.

I just only wish they could wear apparel.. The art already has so much personality and skins/accents are great and there are already some stunning ones out there, but they would be so great if you could slap some apparel pieces on them.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
@Eviscerate I imagine adding apparel would just be an incredible amount of work for a dragon with two heads, so that's probably why it didn't happen </3 alas at least we have those amazing line-breaking terts
@Eviscerate I imagine adding apparel would just be an incredible amount of work for a dragon with two heads, so that's probably why it didn't happen </3 alas at least we have those amazing line-breaking terts
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
100% one of my favourite breeds!! I'll never love the ancients as much as modern breeds, and I wish there were more terts with undertones, but the design in general is just amazing.
they're also one of the few breeds where I enjoy the male, female, AND hatchling poses, which makes making g1s into them that much easier :)
100% one of my favourite breeds!! I'll never love the ancients as much as modern breeds, and I wish there were more terts with undertones, but the design in general is just amazing.
they're also one of the few breeds where I enjoy the male, female, AND hatchling poses, which makes making g1s into them that much easier :)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I thought they would be too gross for me, based on the silhouette, but I like the final product! (not the hatchlings...)

I love their pointy little faces, they remind me of skeksis.
I thought they would be too gross for me, based on the silhouette, but I like the final product! (not the hatchlings...)

I love their pointy little faces, they remind me of skeksis.
Breed Every (Primary) Color Checklist [Guardian/Nocturne Rainbow Challenge]
The Rainbow Swarm Checklist [Veilspun Rainbow Challenge]
Bogshot [Longshot Basic-to-Rare Challenge]
Weekly egg until no more egg

zOT9E44.pngNcJZJ06.pngWjJZ2Rn.pngmlHpBMC.png
I love them. I want them. I never had a favorite breed until now. Gorgeous. Everything I had hoped for with a Plague ancient. Perfect. Fluffie
I love them. I want them. I never had a favorite breed until now. Gorgeous. Everything I had hoped for with a Plague ancient. Perfect. Fluffie
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
@Stroctoperry aw u don't like the hatchlings ? </3 but they're so goofy looking how could u not love their dumb lil faces

also oh my god you're 100% right abt the skeksis thing
@Stroctoperry aw u don't like the hatchlings ? </3 but they're so goofy looking how could u not love their dumb lil faces

also oh my god you're 100% right abt the skeksis thing
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
I mean, they're not my personal cup of tea, but I'm happy for all the Plague-y people who've been hoping for something gross for a while now.
I mean, they're not my personal cup of tea, but I'm happy for all the Plague-y people who've been hoping for something gross for a while now.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
@closedcaptioning the hatchlings are horrid gremlins in my opinion but I don't mind waiting for them to grow up. And I'm glad other people can enjoy them!
@closedcaptioning the hatchlings are horrid gremlins in my opinion but I don't mind waiting for them to grow up. And I'm glad other people can enjoy them!
Breed Every (Primary) Color Checklist [Guardian/Nocturne Rainbow Challenge]
The Rainbow Swarm Checklist [Veilspun Rainbow Challenge]
Bogshot [Longshot Basic-to-Rare Challenge]
Weekly egg until no more egg

zOT9E44.pngNcJZJ06.pngWjJZ2Rn.pngmlHpBMC.png
As somebody who normally has no use for ancients: I LOVE THEM. I want three! Somehow! I love two headed spooky things and this is exactly what I like.
As somebody who normally has no use for ancients: I LOVE THEM. I want three! Somehow! I love two headed spooky things and this is exactly what I like.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14