Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | aberrations: the most beloved breed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
The design is good, not great or outstanding if we go off uniqueness, but good! What really makes me love the breed is the skins. Good golly the skins!! I am so excited to finish some projects after their skins are printed, I think I ordered 3 abbie skins so far but maybe more! ^^''
The design is good, not great or outstanding if we go off uniqueness, but good! What really makes me love the breed is the skins. Good golly the skins!! I am so excited to finish some projects after their skins are printed, I think I ordered 3 abbie skins so far but maybe more! ^^''
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
@LilLegendary
Conjoined twins in humans do occur, sometimes with a shared brain and sometimes with two separate brains. Can't say I've ever met anyone like that but I'm sure twins with separate brains are individual people (every story I've heard has had that thesis statement). As for twins with a connected brain, well my speculation is much less valuable than the real lived experience.

Anyway, yes! Best Breed, Most Plague, Most Heads Currently, basically everything I've ever wanted :D
@LilLegendary
Conjoined twins in humans do occur, sometimes with a shared brain and sometimes with two separate brains. Can't say I've ever met anyone like that but I'm sure twins with separate brains are individual people (every story I've heard has had that thesis statement). As for twins with a connected brain, well my speculation is much less valuable than the real lived experience.

Anyway, yes! Best Breed, Most Plague, Most Heads Currently, basically everything I've ever wanted :D
I do love them- they don't top obbys for me, but I do think that multi-head/multi-limb were definitely a very popular want for a lot of players, and I'm not surprised for the hype for them. Other ancients, as much as I love a lot of them, either kinda fit with the general body plan that moderns do already (gaolors and veilspuns) or really aren't that different in design (while banescales do break the mold, they could have easily been made to fit the modern form as well). I'm excited to see how the team will break the mold for future ancients- I'd love to see things like a nature ancient with many rooted limbs, or a water ancient leviathan with not limbs at all to more easily cut through the depths.
I do love them- they don't top obbys for me, but I do think that multi-head/multi-limb were definitely a very popular want for a lot of players, and I'm not surprised for the hype for them. Other ancients, as much as I love a lot of them, either kinda fit with the general body plan that moderns do already (gaolors and veilspuns) or really aren't that different in design (while banescales do break the mold, they could have easily been made to fit the modern form as well). I'm excited to see how the team will break the mold for future ancients- I'd love to see things like a nature ancient with many rooted limbs, or a water ancient leviathan with not limbs at all to more easily cut through the depths.
CVX0Ylh.png
I don’t want to jump to conclusions because they’ve still got the “new thing” hype and I want to wait for the novelty to wear off to be sure, but… I might like them more than wildclaws. Which is seriously saying something for anyone who knows me or has looked at my lair since 2015. I’m here for plague lore and I just really like their poses and genes.
I don’t want to jump to conclusions because they’ve still got the “new thing” hype and I want to wait for the novelty to wear off to be sure, but… I might like them more than wildclaws. Which is seriously saying something for anyone who knows me or has looked at my lair since 2015. I’m here for plague lore and I just really like their poses and genes.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
[quote name="LilLegendary" date="2022-03-05 18:33:32" ] im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". its very overdone and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? on top of me just not enjoying ancient mechanics, im kind of over them already. was over them before they released. pre-over? prover? [/quote] Can you elaborate on that "not how it would biologically work" part? Since, two heads are a thing that happens in reptiles all the time, and is something that HAS happened in people before.
LilLegendary wrote on 2022-03-05 18:33:32:
im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". its very overdone and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? on top of me just not enjoying ancient mechanics, im kind of over them already. was over them before they released. pre-over? prover?

Can you elaborate on that "not how it would biologically work" part? Since, two heads are a thing that happens in reptiles all the time, and is something that HAS happened in people before.
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
[quote name="LilLegendary" date="2022-03-05 18:33:32" ] im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". [...] and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? [...] [/quote] I am pretty sure conjoined twins in the past have absolutely been two individuals sharing one body. Which you could argue is different from naturally being a two-headed animal, but then I don't think Earth has any examples of animals who naturally have two heads as an evolutionary advantage and not a mutation. Not saying you need to like them, that's not what I'm focusing on. Just pretty certain there's human examples of this being the case. Just look up Abby and Brittany Hensel. ----------- Anyway, just so I'm contributing... I think they might be one of my new favourite breeds! It's too early to tell if they'll swamp my love for Banes (which only win out against Veils because their scrolls are cheaper), but honestly they get super close. I'll have to see how I feel as I go, but they definitely make me contemplate making my lair predominantly Ancients lol I'd probably save so much on apparel that way
im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". [...] and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? [...]

I am pretty sure conjoined twins in the past have absolutely been two individuals sharing one body. Which you could argue is different from naturally being a two-headed animal, but then I don't think Earth has any examples of animals who naturally have two heads as an evolutionary advantage and not a mutation.

Not saying you need to like them, that's not what I'm focusing on. Just pretty certain there's human examples of this being the case. Just look up Abby and Brittany Hensel.

Anyway, just so I'm contributing... I think they might be one of my new favourite breeds! It's too early to tell if they'll swamp my love for Banes (which only win out against Veils because their scrolls are cheaper), but honestly they get super close. I'll have to see how I feel as I go, but they definitely make me contemplate making my lair predominantly Ancients lol I'd probably save so much on apparel that way
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
As for the topic at hand, I'd have to say I love them. I've loved every Ancient so far, but these ones knocked the others out of the ballpark. Aberrations are my favorite, and are currently vying for top spot as favorite dragon breed in general (competing with mirrors).
As for the topic at hand, I'd have to say I love them. I've loved every Ancient so far, but these ones knocked the others out of the ballpark. Aberrations are my favorite, and are currently vying for top spot as favorite dragon breed in general (competing with mirrors).
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
[quote name="LilLegendary" date="2022-03-05 18:33:32" ] im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". its very overdone and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? on top of me just not enjoying ancient mechanics, im kind of over them already. was over them before they released. pre-over? prover? [/quote] @LilLegendary I can't say that I've seen it enough to call it overdone but you're entitled to that opinion. However, it's not like FR specifically has had any dragon remotely similar to how the Aberrations look, so it's hard to call it 'overdone' on a site that [i]doesn't have anything like it[/i]. Also, I don't understand the confusion over how it would work? Not only does it not really matter because it's simply flight rising lore that you can fully choose to wholly ignore and just make up yourself, not only is this a fictional dragon game that is not at all beholden to biological accuracy (because it's [b]fictional[/b] {there is literally a giant zombie made up of fused dragon corpses in the lightweaver's domain, canonically}), not only does the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=114]Encyclopedia literally answer your question[/url], but [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjoined_twins]conjoined twins exist [i]in real life[/i][/url], providing a literal real-world answer to your question.
im not a fan of "two heads = two people one body". its very overdone and from a design standpoint just... not how it would biologically work??? on top of me just not enjoying ancient mechanics, im kind of over them already. was over them before they released. pre-over? prover?

@LilLegendary

I can't say that I've seen it enough to call it overdone but you're entitled to that opinion. However, it's not like FR specifically has had any dragon remotely similar to how the Aberrations look, so it's hard to call it 'overdone' on a site that doesn't have anything like it.

Also, I don't understand the confusion over how it would work? Not only does it not really matter because it's simply flight rising lore that you can fully choose to wholly ignore and just make up yourself, not only is this a fictional dragon game that is not at all beholden to biological accuracy (because it's fictional {there is literally a giant zombie made up of fused dragon corpses in the lightweaver's domain, canonically}), not only does the Encyclopedia literally answer your question, but conjoined twins exist in real life, providing a literal real-world answer to your question.
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
[quote name="Dreadnoughtus" date="2022-03-05 18:45:23" ] I do love them- they don't top obbys for me, but I do think that multi-head/multi-limb were definitely a very popular want for a lot of players, and I'm not surprised for the hype for them. Other ancients, as much as I love a lot of them, either kinda fit with the general body plan that moderns do already (gaolors and veilspuns) or really aren't that different in design (while banescales do break the mold, they could have easily been made to fit the modern form as well). I'm excited to see how the team will break the mold for future ancients- I'd love to see things like a nature ancient with many rooted limbs, or a water ancient leviathan with not limbs at all to more easily cut through the depths. [/quote] @Dreadnoughtus Oh i LOVe that idea for a water ancient. Like a sea serpent-type dragon or something. Also I have to agree obelisks do top Aberrations for me if only because I can actually dress them </3
Dreadnoughtus wrote on 2022-03-05 18:45:23:

@Dreadnoughtus Oh i LOVe that idea for a water ancient. Like a sea serpent-type dragon or something. Also I have to agree obelisks do top Aberrations for me if only because I can actually dress them </3
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
I'm not really interested in getting any myself at the moment, but I think aberrations really uses its ancient status to the full potential. The design is so out of the box compared to modern breeds--if ancients weren't a thing, I can't ever see something like this getting released, since wearing apparel would be way too complicated. There are such good line-breaking terts to choose from as well.
I'm not really interested in getting any myself at the moment, but I think aberrations really uses its ancient status to the full potential. The design is so out of the box compared to modern breeds--if ancients weren't a thing, I can't ever see something like this getting released, since wearing apparel would be way too complicated. There are such good line-breaking terts to choose from as well.
lmBVOQT.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14