Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i hope new breed hates Plaguebringer
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2022-03-01 08:52:54" ] the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j [/quote] "Swear at me again and I'll make your words a dead language."
mistywolf96 wrote on 2022-03-01 08:52:54:
the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j

"Swear at me again and I'll make your words a dead language."
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2022-03-01 08:53:45" ] [quote name="mistywolf96" date="2022-03-01 08:52:54" ] the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j [/quote] [emoji=banescale deadpan size=2] [/quote] Sorry about that...!
Aequorin wrote on 2022-03-01 08:53:45:

Sorry about that...!
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
they were described as 'cantankerous' so being angry at everyone feels like it would be fitting enough.

screaming at the gods, life and everything in general intensifies.
they were described as 'cantankerous' so being angry at everyone feels like it would be fitting enough.

screaming at the gods, life and everything in general intensifies.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2022-03-01 08:52:54" ] the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j [/quote] That would be one heck of a wholesome breed. Like, Elephant Man kind of stuff (because I doubt being soaked in pestilence for who knows how long will make you prettier), with the outside looking horrible, but the dragon actually being the most pure on the inside.

That would be one heck of a wholesome breed. Like, Elephant Man kind of stuff (because I doubt being soaked in pestilence for who knows how long will make you prettier), with the outside looking horrible, but the dragon actually being the most pure on the inside.
I read "She didn’t know WE SURVIVED" as being really gleeful.
I read "She didn’t know WE SURVIVED" as being really gleeful.
On topic, though, yeah, they sounded like they were just left to die, but they lived anyway and are pretty miffed that they were, well...left to die. Could be a "we're stronger than you think" but I think it's just "Mom, you left us TO DIE that's bad parenting. ... And what are these fin-headed things? Mom, you... You didn't... You REPLACED US?!!"

So, they might hate Mirrors or get a spiteful superiority complex and be all "We survived the cauldron for eons. What did YOU do, CHUMP?!"
On topic, though, yeah, they sounded like they were just left to die, but they lived anyway and are pretty miffed that they were, well...left to die. Could be a "we're stronger than you think" but I think it's just "Mom, you left us TO DIE that's bad parenting. ... And what are these fin-headed things? Mom, you... You didn't... You REPLACED US?!!"

So, they might hate Mirrors or get a spiteful superiority complex and be all "We survived the cauldron for eons. What did YOU do, CHUMP?!"
[quote name="LemonySnaket" date="2022-03-01 08:52:15" ] [quote name="Await" date="2022-03-01 08:46:53" ] what if plaguemom hated the ancients, threw them into the soup, and they ended up living so plaguemom was like “ok i guess i’ll un-disown you now”? [/quote] I think it’s less she hated them, and more they weren’t able to survive in her harsh conditions and she decided to scrap them and start again on a breed that could survive in the wasteland However, what she didn’t know, is that her efforts to destroy them failed and they’ve been slowly gaining strength until they are ready to emerge again At least, that’s what I’m guessing! [/quote] it would make sense if in the zoop they mutated violently, maybe fused into the multi headed creatures we got a teaser for....
LemonySnaket wrote on 2022-03-01 08:52:15:
Await wrote on 2022-03-01 08:46:53:
what if plaguemom hated the ancients, threw them into the soup, and they ended up living so plaguemom was like “ok i guess i’ll un-disown you now”?
I think it’s less she hated them, and more they weren’t able to survive in her harsh conditions and she decided to scrap them and start again on a breed that could survive in the wasteland

However, what she didn’t know, is that her efforts to destroy them failed and they’ve been slowly gaining strength until they are ready to emerge again

At least, that’s what I’m guessing!

it would make sense if in the zoop they mutated violently, maybe fused into the multi headed creatures we got a teaser for....
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Oh I absolutely read it as threatening. Same cadence as a dun-dun-DUNNN plot twist.

She tried to kill us, but we're not dead, and we're about to make that everyone's problem. Or at least hers. Someone's.

While these guys could totally be 100% hardcore Plague and not really mind something trying to kill them (hey, free survivability test!), anything less and I'd imagine a certain amount of not-so-good feelings, a la how imperials might've felt on learning Lightweaver views them as a mistake to be corrected. I mean a test, sure, but a test that seemingly wipes out your entire species? And your god doesn't even care enough to double-check whether you made it? Plus whatever they had to endure to recover and survive to this point which, given the Wyrmwound was involved, can't have been pleasant. And they've had a lot of time to ruminate...

Plus it'd be thematic as hell. I mean, if Plaguebringer's really devoted to the idea that only the strongest should survive, then having her ancient breed rebel against her, maybe even try to off her, should be right up her alley.
Oh I absolutely read it as threatening. Same cadence as a dun-dun-DUNNN plot twist.

She tried to kill us, but we're not dead, and we're about to make that everyone's problem. Or at least hers. Someone's.

While these guys could totally be 100% hardcore Plague and not really mind something trying to kill them (hey, free survivability test!), anything less and I'd imagine a certain amount of not-so-good feelings, a la how imperials might've felt on learning Lightweaver views them as a mistake to be corrected. I mean a test, sure, but a test that seemingly wipes out your entire species? And your god doesn't even care enough to double-check whether you made it? Plus whatever they had to endure to recover and survive to this point which, given the Wyrmwound was involved, can't have been pleasant. And they've had a lot of time to ruminate...

Plus it'd be thematic as hell. I mean, if Plaguebringer's really devoted to the idea that only the strongest should survive, then having her ancient breed rebel against her, maybe even try to off her, should be right up her alley.
cL9yafY.gif
@Orantha

You're totally right. Oddly, I wonder if the ancients screaming at her and wanting to kill their deity would actually move Plaguebringer, perhaps to tears, being so proud of her little blender blades?
@Orantha

You're totally right. Oddly, I wonder if the ancients screaming at her and wanting to kill their deity would actually move Plaguebringer, perhaps to tears, being so proud of her little blender blades?
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2022-03-01 08:44:57" ] To be fair I doubt they’d hate her. Survival against all odds is HER ideal after all, so why care so much about it when it’s culture of a deity you despise? I’d like to think she thought they were wiped out by some sort of threat (perhaps they died to the first seed). Regardless, they’re making mama proud [/quote] Yeah that's fair! In my mind the key reason for continuing to go along with the survival theme would be a sort of "Well you didn't think we could do it so we're doing it but in a [i]better[/i] way than you out of SPITE". but like, either way, you're right (and so are the other people who've brought it up, too) that Plaguebringer probably would care less about what they think of her, positive or negative, and more that they DID survive- which is also reallllly interesting imo! There's a lot of potential for lore drama with that idea for both possibilities. If they don't like her, I imagine it'd be frustrating to be "tossed aside" by your own deity, survive anyways, decide you don't like her, but know she's probably just going "oh neat" from the distance anyways. If they do like her, I imagine being presumed dead but then coming back still kicking to your deity's vague approval would still be a bit bittersweet. And obviously there's more potential than just those two ideas (including the sillier lore ideas, which are also super fun!)
mistywolf96 wrote on 2022-03-01 08:44:57:
To be fair I doubt they’d hate her. Survival against all odds is HER ideal after all, so why care so much about it when it’s culture of a deity you despise? I’d like to think she thought they were wiped out by some sort of threat (perhaps they died to the first seed). Regardless, they’re making mama proud

Yeah that's fair! In my mind the key reason for continuing to go along with the survival theme would be a sort of "Well you didn't think we could do it so we're doing it but in a better way than you out of SPITE". but like, either way, you're right (and so are the other people who've brought it up, too) that Plaguebringer probably would care less about what they think of her, positive or negative, and more that they DID survive- which is also reallllly interesting imo!

There's a lot of potential for lore drama with that idea for both possibilities. If they don't like her, I imagine it'd be frustrating to be "tossed aside" by your own deity, survive anyways, decide you don't like her, but know she's probably just going "oh neat" from the distance anyways. If they do like her, I imagine being presumed dead but then coming back still kicking to your deity's vague approval would still be a bit bittersweet. And obviously there's more potential than just those two ideas (including the sillier lore ideas, which are also super fun!)
bogsneaks are the best breed
1 2 3 4 5 6