Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | At what point do you exalt G1s?
1 2 3
If I hatch something I don't like more often than not it's instantly exalted right there.
If I hatch something I don't like more often than not it's instantly exalted right there.
I've never been able to exalt a G1 I hatched myself, so if I can't find a gene/breed combo that makes me love them, they chill in my hibden until I can be bothered to level them up and sell them on as battlers. But I don't hatch many eggs, and I have a load more rando g1s that I picked up at fodder price - it's taken me until this year to be okay with just exalting them like any other fodder.
I've never been able to exalt a G1 I hatched myself, so if I can't find a gene/breed combo that makes me love them, they chill in my hibden until I can be bothered to level them up and sell them on as battlers. But I don't hatch many eggs, and I have a load more rando g1s that I picked up at fodder price - it's taken me until this year to be okay with just exalting them like any other fodder.
If it's ungened and has absolutely unforgivable colours - and I need space.

I usually just give mine away if I can't sell them but if I'm running out of room ol' ginger tert is saying goodbye.
If it's ungened and has absolutely unforgivable colours - and I need space.

I usually just give mine away if I can't sell them but if I'm running out of room ol' ginger tert is saying goodbye.
Heart.gif
I tend to go looking on the forums, and if I haven't found a home for them by the time I've trained them up to lvl 25, I either exalt or send em to another flight during dom pushes
I tend to go looking on the forums, and if I haven't found a home for them by the time I've trained them up to lvl 25, I either exalt or send em to another flight during dom pushes
nTa2yPT.png
if your first priority is giving a G1 a shot at not getting exalted and you don't mind giving them away for free, the 'share dragons on exalt row' thread in dragon share is a good hail mary sometimes? i've picked up a couple of really stunning dergs from there, including a xyy g1 who i gened up and lored and will be keeping forever :> there's no profit and no guarantee though ofc! so if you're super attached it's probably not the best option
there are G1 rescues too, i can't think of any off the top of my head but if i run across one i'll come back ~
if your first priority is giving a G1 a shot at not getting exalted and you don't mind giving them away for free, the 'share dragons on exalt row' thread in dragon share is a good hail mary sometimes? i've picked up a couple of really stunning dergs from there, including a xyy g1 who i gened up and lored and will be keeping forever :> there's no profit and no guarantee though ofc! so if you're super attached it's probably not the best option
there are G1 rescues too, i can't think of any off the top of my head but if i run across one i'll come back ~
tumblr_pm57dgUmg91x46ojxo8_250.png iii
calypso
she/her
fr +2
At what point do I exalt? When I look at the dragon and feel nothing + need lair space that they're taking up. I don't bother selling any dragon I didn't breed myself (and even then I'm more than willing to exalt them if they don't sell).

G1s are cool, some of my favorite types of dragons on-site, but ultimately most of them aren't super special.
At what point do I exalt? When I look at the dragon and feel nothing + need lair space that they're taking up. I don't bother selling any dragon I didn't breed myself (and even then I'm more than willing to exalt them if they don't sell).

G1s are cool, some of my favorite types of dragons on-site, but ultimately most of them aren't super special.
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
If it has colors that I have a really difficult time scrying and it doesn't sell even at a cheap price, then it's time to yeet that baby. That being said, I'm not sure if I've ever exalted a gen1? If I have it certainly wasn't very many of them.
If it has colors that I have a really difficult time scrying and it doesn't sell even at a cheap price, then it's time to yeet that baby. That being said, I'm not sure if I've ever exalted a gen1? If I have it certainly wasn't very many of them.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I usually don't wait more than a few months (at most) and that's also after dropping the price throughout.

I've literally exalted an XYX unbred gen 1 before because despite me lowering and lowering the price no one cared.

At least I made some treasure by leveling and exalting. I'd rather have lair space than wait for them to sell. Special/nice color combos are lucky they get that long. Usually I'll level and exalt the less desirable looking ones asap.
I usually don't wait more than a few months (at most) and that's also after dropping the price throughout.

I've literally exalted an XYX unbred gen 1 before because despite me lowering and lowering the price no one cared.

At least I made some treasure by leveling and exalting. I'd rather have lair space than wait for them to sell. Special/nice color combos are lucky they get that long. Usually I'll level and exalt the less desirable looking ones asap.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
If I buy it as fodder, I'll exalt. If it's a project I fell out of love with, I'll post it on a giveaway thread.
If I buy it as fodder, I'll exalt. If it's a project I fell out of love with, I'll post it on a giveaway thread.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
If they're not doubles/rare-eyed or very close to doubles and they don't sell on the first listing, they're fodder.

there's enough G1's available at this time that the market is oversaturated, and most G1 collectors that I've interacted with end up contacting the hatcher if they have interest, or being okay with waiting until they've finished up a few of their many projects before trying to find another.
If they're not doubles/rare-eyed or very close to doubles and they don't sell on the first listing, they're fodder.

there's enough G1's available at this time that the market is oversaturated, and most G1 collectors that I've interacted with end up contacting the hatcher if they have interest, or being okay with waiting until they've finished up a few of their many projects before trying to find another.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts