Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The manes were changed back
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
[quote] I could definitely see the second option winning if people actually voted for what they wanted, rather than how they thought other people wanted it to be [/quote] I wasn't directly affected. But I do have project dragons that I have spent a ton of time, treasure, and/or gems on, and I would hate to have those changed out from under me. If this were a brand new gene, I would have voted based on aesthetics alone. But with this being several months old, I voted on principle instead. That's still voting for what I wanted, I just wanted stability more than I wanted any of the aesthetic options for their own sake.
Quote:
I could definitely see the second option winning if people actually voted for what they wanted, rather than how they thought other people wanted it to be

I wasn't directly affected. But I do have project dragons that I have spent a ton of time, treasure, and/or gems on, and I would hate to have those changed out from under me.

If this were a brand new gene, I would have voted based on aesthetics alone. But with this being several months old, I voted on principle instead. That's still voting for what I wanted, I just wanted stability more than I wanted any of the aesthetic options for their own sake.
cDDSaqc.png
I'm glad this was the outcome. Interesting as it would've been to have sparkles alone in other breeds, changing the colours of other breeds' manes would just loop us back around to what kicked off the whole fiasco. I think this probably saved a lot of "oh, that wasn't what I was expecting" for a lot of colours and breeds, and a lot of surprises for people who avoid the forums or weren't active in the last few days

A sparkly treasure tert is definitely something that would be great. Possibly focusing around maned areas, or otherwise around focal points of that particular breed

Dusted would be a cool name. Or stardust
I'm glad this was the outcome. Interesting as it would've been to have sparkles alone in other breeds, changing the colours of other breeds' manes would just loop us back around to what kicked off the whole fiasco. I think this probably saved a lot of "oh, that wasn't what I was expecting" for a lot of colours and breeds, and a lot of surprises for people who avoid the forums or weren't active in the last few days

A sparkly treasure tert is definitely something that would be great. Possibly focusing around maned areas, or otherwise around focal points of that particular breed

Dusted would be a cool name. Or stardust
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
[quote name="Lonin" date="2022-01-01 11:51:36" ] Poll results here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3090293 [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/flairpoll.png[/img] Very close between just Obelisks and everything getting sparkles. [/quote] ohh wow. i thought it would be way more skewed
Lonin wrote on 2022-01-01 11:51:36:
Poll results here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3090293
flairpoll.png
Very close between just Obelisks and everything getting sparkles.
ohh wow. i thought it would be way more skewed
66.png
For the record as someone who wanted sparkle manes, while a sparkle tert would be nice, it’s not the same thing as the Secondary having interesting effects on the mane by itself. I’ll just hope for future Secondaries to have effects like that on all breeds.

I’m happy for the people who got to keep their existing dragons/projects how they wanted them, though!
For the record as someone who wanted sparkle manes, while a sparkle tert would be nice, it’s not the same thing as the Secondary having interesting effects on the mane by itself. I’ll just hope for future Secondaries to have effects like that on all breeds.

I’m happy for the people who got to keep their existing dragons/projects how they wanted them, though!
Thank you, staff, for listening to the playerbase and being very transparent about all of this!
Thank you, staff, for listening to the playerbase and being very transparent about all of this!
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'm kinda sad my dragons will be unable to get sparkles, but also happy for people who had planned their dragons with a broken gene.

*whispers* This is a great opportunity to release a tert that changes manes, fins etc.
I'm kinda sad my dragons will be unable to get sparkles, but also happy for people who had planned their dragons with a broken gene.

*whispers* This is a great opportunity to release a tert that changes manes, fins etc.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
Thank you so much for the transparency, the userbase-poll, and finally, the reversion. It is much appreciated and I'm super happy to have my 'old' Obelisk boy back :)
Thank you so much for the transparency, the userbase-poll, and finally, the reversion. It is much appreciated and I'm super happy to have my 'old' Obelisk boy back :)
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Thanks Staff! I'm so glad that my obby looks normal now!
Thanks Staff! I'm so glad that my obby looks normal now!
WEtoEVH.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=119&auth=072e969823a7fd727cc001a96a7ee50e36baf9a6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Wisteria is purple. This dragon is now 50% [b]neon green[/b]. Not purple. Green. I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't see how this is an improvement...
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=119&auth=072e969823a7fd727cc001a96a7ee50e36baf9a6&dummyext=prev.png
Wisteria is purple. This dragon is now 50% neon green. Not purple. Green. I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't see how this is an improvement...
[quote name="GrandKarkistIon" date="2022-01-01 13:37:15" ] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=119&auth=072e969823a7fd727cc001a96a7ee50e36baf9a6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Wisteria is purple. This dragon is now 50% [b]neon green[/b]. Not purple. Green. I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't see how this is an improvement... [/quote] Showcasing the accent color so prominently really saves a lot of color combos.
GrandKarkistIon wrote on 2022-01-01 13:37:15:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=119&auth=072e969823a7fd727cc001a96a7ee50e36baf9a6&dummyext=prev.png
Wisteria is purple. This dragon is now 50% neon green. Not purple. Green. I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't see how this is an improvement...

Showcasing the accent color so prominently really saves a lot of color combos.

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13