Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why is shadow the largest flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="@Sylvandyr" date="2021-11-27 08:19:27" ] Back when the Dominance board had the old look with the detailed flight backgrounds for the flight that was currently in first for the week, Shadow's one with the glowing mushrooms was also my favorite. I found it very pretty and soothing. [/quote] interesting! I've never heard of this, do you happen have any screenshots or anything like that?
@Sylvandyr wrote on 2021-11-27 08:19:27:
Back when the Dominance board had the old look with the detailed flight backgrounds for the flight that was currently in first for the week, Shadow's one with the glowing mushrooms was also my favorite. I found it very pretty and soothing.
interesting! I've never heard of this, do you happen have any screenshots or anything like that?
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
absolutely edge
absolutely edge
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

@SovereignFives I went digging for the old Light vs. Shadow 2 battle in early August of 2014, which I guessed had the highest chance of showing a screenshot of Shadow on top of the old Dominance board. It's a bit difficult because Dom Watch did not exist until December 2014 Lightning vs. Plague, so people had less incentive to post screenshots of the Dominance board in public. (There were definitely posts in flight forums, but I no longer have access to those.) The posts started around ~page 4356 or so (though obviously that number will change as more new posts appear in FRD). I wasn't successful finding screenshots with the Light and Shadow 2 battle, BUT I found someone else's screenshot of a different week [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3014860/3#post_47755678]here[/url]. Judging by the standings, it may have been taken during November of 2013, where Earth had their festival and Shadow was going for first the next week (Shadow ended up winning that week). Copying their image to this post for convenience. It's been many years, and it looks like I misremembered the glowshrooms (maybe it was part of the nest?) but l still find the forest pretty. You can see the other flight banners too, just not in full color. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/e94e0f454d369c203dba85e21aea9401.png[/img]
@SovereignFives I went digging for the old Light vs. Shadow 2 battle in early August of 2014, which I guessed had the highest chance of showing a screenshot of Shadow on top of the old Dominance board. It's a bit difficult because Dom Watch did not exist until December 2014 Lightning vs. Plague, so people had less incentive to post screenshots of the Dominance board in public. (There were definitely posts in flight forums, but I no longer have access to those.) The posts started around ~page 4356 or so (though obviously that number will change as more new posts appear in FRD).

I wasn't successful finding screenshots with the Light and Shadow 2 battle, BUT I found someone else's screenshot of a different week here. Judging by the standings, it may have been taken during November of 2013, where Earth had their festival and Shadow was going for first the next week (Shadow ended up winning that week).

Copying their image to this post for convenience. It's been many years, and it looks like I misremembered the glowshrooms (maybe it was part of the nest?) but l still find the forest pretty. You can see the other flight banners too, just not in full color.

e94e0f454d369c203dba85e21aea9401.png
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
idk but i picked it as a joke because it looked edgy n i went "haha that's funny edge brrr" and not like 3 years into the game no other flight really appeals to me
idk but i picked it as a joke because it looked edgy n i went "haha that's funny edge brrr" and not like 3 years into the game no other flight really appeals to me
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
Purple is my least favorite color. I joined for the dark forest and glowing mushroom aesthetic.
Purple is my least favorite color. I joined for the dark forest and glowing mushroom aesthetic.
Z1RkWWM.png
As someone who is in Shadow and have never left, the forums are like the absence of edge. So anyone who comes here specifically for the edge has to either make it themselves or go to plague lol. The atmosphere feels alot more "Yay! Glowing mushrooms" than "Oooo! Spooky dark creepy forest". There's a reason why the second highest population in Shadow is the mushroom patch (first being just the starter zone). Personally tho, I like living in Shadowmama's drool pile.
As someone who is in Shadow and have never left, the forums are like the absence of edge. So anyone who comes here specifically for the edge has to either make it themselves or go to plague lol. The atmosphere feels alot more "Yay! Glowing mushrooms" than "Oooo! Spooky dark creepy forest". There's a reason why the second highest population in Shadow is the mushroom patch (first being just the starter zone). Personally tho, I like living in Shadowmama's drool pile.
My babies!
s.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.png
they have cookies....

they almost got me with that...if i ever change flights it would be shadow, (followed by some others)....
they have cookies....

they almost got me with that...if i ever change flights it would be shadow, (followed by some others)....
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
I can’t speak for anybody else but hear me out:
Glowing. Mushrooms. That plus the dom community is super nice <3
I can’t speak for anybody else but hear me out:
Glowing. Mushrooms. That plus the dom community is super nice <3
Fox_base_updated_20-06-2021.pngFox_base_updated_20-06-2021-1.png
the aesthetic? maybe even bc of the primal eyes? Cause they have one of the coolest in my opinion
the aesthetic? maybe even bc of the primal eyes? Cause they have one of the coolest in my opinion
p3jdzi4.png
As someone who was Shadow for years...I love the night. The forest, the glowing mushrooms, it made for a really pretty lair. 'Edge' for me had nothing to do with it, nor the circus theme. But blues and purples are my favorite colors and lightning was mehhh and I had trouble picturing my dragons living under water so...shadow as the only option that fit for me.
As someone who was Shadow for years...I love the night. The forest, the glowing mushrooms, it made for a really pretty lair. 'Edge' for me had nothing to do with it, nor the circus theme. But blues and purples are my favorite colors and lightning was mehhh and I had trouble picturing my dragons living under water so...shadow as the only option that fit for me.

OVmZor1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8