Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why is shadow the largest flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
For me? Aesthetic, like others have said. I love bioluminescence, I love dark forests, I love the ruins and the mysterious vibes, and marshes are pretty good as well.
For me? Aesthetic, like others have said. I love bioluminescence, I love dark forests, I love the ruins and the mysterious vibes, and marshes are pretty good as well.
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
[center][img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/medium/000/031/925/What_if_it_was_Purple__0-15_screenshot.png[/img] purple good :) [/center]
What_if_it_was_Purple__0-15_screenshot.png

purple good :)
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
honestly dont see shadow as edgy. i think plague is the real edgy flight. i switched from water bc the aesthetic of glowing mushrooms in a dark forest and large thorny vines are like, super comforting. the background on my profile is also really nice imo. super pretty. a very dark faerie tale-esque vibe.

also i adore the primal. it looks so cool. better than waters
honestly dont see shadow as edgy. i think plague is the real edgy flight. i switched from water bc the aesthetic of glowing mushrooms in a dark forest and large thorny vines are like, super comforting. the background on my profile is also really nice imo. super pretty. a very dark faerie tale-esque vibe.

also i adore the primal. it looks so cool. better than waters
2CnjrDd.png
9hqcHsy.png
Mrw4w2X.png
HdmxfuE.png
WTRVHVo.png
I adore the whole "Glowy cyan cave" vibes and shadow owns that aesthetic! I haven't changed flights once since joining 5 years ago and I keep finding things in here that link back to me all the time!

Fav animal of mine? Foxes. What animal does shadow use often for adopts? Foxes!
Birthday month? February. Trickmurk? February!! the list goes on and on for me!
I adore the whole "Glowy cyan cave" vibes and shadow owns that aesthetic! I haven't changed flights once since joining 5 years ago and I keep finding things in here that link back to me all the time!

Fav animal of mine? Foxes. What animal does shadow use often for adopts? Foxes!
Birthday month? February. Trickmurk? February!! the list goes on and on for me!
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
Purple eyes for my purple dragons. As you can see from my progens, I started in Wind - and was crushed when I realized my pretty purple dragons would have green eyes. Off to Shadow I went as soon as flight changes were released.
Purple eyes for my purple dragons. As you can see from my progens, I started in Wind - and was crushed when I realized my pretty purple dragons would have green eyes. Off to Shadow I went as soon as flight changes were released.
100% lore for me, although my individuality complex says it's annoying that we're such a big flight. :/
100% lore for me, although my individuality complex says it's annoying that we're such a big flight. :/
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
The aesthetic is great, I love the trickster faerie vibes and mythos. Shadow eyes have nice colors, and Shadow primal is super cool. It's probably my favorite primal, despite not being a Shadow lair. [quote name="PeacefulPyro" date="2021-11-28 06:39:04" ] [quote name="WolfTears" date="2021-11-26 22:48:53" ] Maybe because Shadow and Arcane are not elements you typically see in games or other medias very often? [/quote] Speaking about shadow here, the element is seen pretty often but isnt [i]playable[/i] in most media. Most of the time shadow is just the evil in the story that you have no choice but to slay. I myself get pretty excited when i see shadow or an ‘evil’ element be playable (hence why i always play cynder LOS: Dawn of the dragon). So i think that may partly be why people are joining it in FR too? [/quote] This part of the conversation is also a good observation. Pure shadow magic-aligned creatures are not generally playable in other games, they're usually the villain or such. People LOVE the aesthetic from games like Epic Mickey or Bendy and the Ink Machine. Even if not directly playable, this kind of aesthetic is clearly distinct and attractive to lots of people. also: cool glowing mushrooms and mysterious forest. I'd consider living in the Driftwood Drag if I wasn't already attached to Water.
The aesthetic is great, I love the trickster faerie vibes and mythos. Shadow eyes have nice colors, and Shadow primal is super cool. It's probably my favorite primal, despite not being a Shadow lair.
PeacefulPyro wrote on 2021-11-28 06:39:04:
WolfTears wrote on 2021-11-26 22:48:53:
Maybe because Shadow and Arcane are not elements you typically see in games or other medias very often?

Speaking about shadow here, the element is seen pretty often but isnt playable in most media. Most of the time shadow is just the evil in the story that you have no choice but to slay.

I myself get pretty excited when i see shadow or an ‘evil’ element be playable (hence why i always play cynder LOS: Dawn of the dragon). So i think that may partly be why people are joining it in FR too?

This part of the conversation is also a good observation. Pure shadow magic-aligned creatures are not generally playable in other games, they're usually the villain or such. People LOVE the aesthetic from games like Epic Mickey or Bendy and the Ink Machine. Even if not directly playable, this kind of aesthetic is clearly distinct and attractive to lots of people.

also: cool glowing mushrooms and mysterious forest. I'd consider living in the Driftwood Drag if I wasn't already attached to Water.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8