Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | collecting familiars ?
1 2 3
Chests mostly and from coli when I go to level teams. I did have to save for festival familiars that I didn't get as well as some gem market ones, but otherwise I'm patient to wait for the even the boss familiars to drop.
Chests mostly and from coli when I go to level teams. I did have to save for festival familiars that I didn't get as well as some gem market ones, but otherwise I'm patient to wait for the even the boss familiars to drop.
Y02PS6v.png
It can get overwhelming to collect them all because new ones keep coming (waiting impatiently for the WW fams price spike!)
It can get overwhelming to collect them all because new ones keep coming (waiting impatiently for the WW fams price spike!)
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Just some cactus crazy person
Birb_Cult.gif
[nextcol]eSHXerd.png[/columns]
I used to grind for all of them but it was burning me out, so I bought almost all of the ones I was missing. (I'm still grinding for the Waterway rat bosses and the Forbidden Portal froggos, using a variant of the Long Drop challenge rules: if I hit 99 of each boss drop and the familiar hasn't dropped, I'll just buy the familiar. Did that for the goldenbeast/silverbeast, they never dropped so I finally bought them. I have so much charged tungsten.)
I used to grind for all of them but it was burning me out, so I bought almost all of the ones I was missing. (I'm still grinding for the Waterway rat bosses and the Forbidden Portal froggos, using a variant of the Long Drop challenge rules: if I hit 99 of each boss drop and the familiar hasn't dropped, I'll just buy the familiar. Did that for the goldenbeast/silverbeast, they never dropped so I finally bought them. I have so much charged tungsten.)
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
I made it a quest to get everything I could via RNG! All my coli fams came from the coli (I'd say the bosses took an average of 120 kills each to get, not counting the GW bosses) and all but two of the chest/mp fams came from bonding or trading chests! I also gathered all the rare gathering fams.

It took a lot longer that way - like, a LOT longer - but I made loads of money along the way from all that grinding and most of the HD quests were insta-complete.
I made it a quest to get everything I could via RNG! All my coli fams came from the coli (I'd say the bosses took an average of 120 kills each to get, not counting the GW bosses) and all but two of the chest/mp fams came from bonding or trading chests! I also gathered all the rare gathering fams.

It took a lot longer that way - like, a LOT longer - but I made loads of money along the way from all that grinding and most of the HD quests were insta-complete.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I go the RNG/coli route as well. The only ones I allow myself to purchase are the ones that can't be acquired otherwise, like the MP exclusive or retired ones.

It takes a lot of time and patience and can be pretty tedious, but it feels very rewarding to know that I've collected the majority of them through hard work over time :)
I go the RNG/coli route as well. The only ones I allow myself to purchase are the ones that can't be acquired otherwise, like the MP exclusive or retired ones.

It takes a lot of time and patience and can be pretty tedious, but it feels very rewarding to know that I've collected the majority of them through hard work over time :)
vFTfdcr.png
FR +9
She/her
i buy them or i open chests... i do not have the patience for coli bc of rng and impatience but to those who do i envy you!!
i buy them or i open chests... i do not have the patience for coli bc of rng and impatience but to those who do i envy you!!
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
[quote name="PsyberConqueror" date="2021-10-16 19:30:56" ] Passively collect them through coli or chests. Although, some familiars you do have to buy from the marketplace treasure and gem or get them rarely through Gathering. [/quote] same i hardly give my dragons familiars unless i see one that i think matches them or their lore [s]which i havent even written yet bc im lazy[/s]
PsyberConqueror wrote on 2021-10-16 19:30:56:
Passively collect them through coli or chests. Although, some familiars you do have to buy from the marketplace treasure and gem or get them rarely through Gathering.
same i hardly give my dragons familiars unless i see one that i think matches them or their lore which i havent even written yet bc im lazy
I'm definetly not buying coli familiars. As i plan to hunt down the bosses il'l get ALL of the regular ones in multiples eventualy. I plan to hoard only all easily accesible in-game familiars, as the kickstarters and retirees is just too much money and i rather spend that on skins for my veils.
Also hope to gather all the gathering ones as I have the luxury to gather wherever I want.
I'm definetly not buying coli familiars. As i plan to hunt down the bosses il'l get ALL of the regular ones in multiples eventualy. I plan to hoard only all easily accesible in-game familiars, as the kickstarters and retirees is just too much money and i rather spend that on skins for my veils.
Also hope to gather all the gathering ones as I have the luxury to gather wherever I want.
Coli primarily, occasionally gem/AH purchases.

I'm only missing 2 Swipp familiars (Driftwood Baron and Duskrat) and have the materials for both, I just keep missing the trades.
I'm still leveling my cauldron but plan to get the Baldwin's familiars the 'traditional' way.
I aggressively shake my fist at the Rainsong bosses. Drop, dang it!
Coli primarily, occasionally gem/AH purchases.

I'm only missing 2 Swipp familiars (Driftwood Baron and Duskrat) and have the materials for both, I just keep missing the trades.
I'm still leveling my cauldron but plan to get the Baldwin's familiars the 'traditional' way.
I aggressively shake my fist at the Rainsong bosses. Drop, dang it!
@JoJoBean You can do it! The sprites are attainable!

I've hunted the coli actively, spent gems and treasure over time, and I'm missing 12 familiars myself.
@JoJoBean You can do it! The sprites are attainable!

I've hunted the coli actively, spent gems and treasure over time, and I'm missing 12 familiars myself.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
1 2 3