Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ror skin idea
1 2 3 4 5
Seeing as the 'Cut Skin and Accent Makers some Slack' thread has gone on for like 6 years with no reply... Yeah, you're prob better off with Mushrooms if you want a skin to get accepted during RoR.
Mushrooms are cool though so it's not all bad.
Seeing as the 'Cut Skin and Accent Makers some Slack' thread has gone on for like 6 years with no reply... Yeah, you're prob better off with Mushrooms if you want a skin to get accepted during RoR.
Mushrooms are cool though so it's not all bad.
TOW2n3q.png
@TenderVulture no harm done! mushrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea :) i personally am not a fan of pseudo-gore (i wish staff would let there be blood) but i find the pustules and stuff just not my style :)

@SCB that sounds gorgeous! i'd love to see elegantly done rot, i like a lot of silks and shiny things so plague skins don't tickle my fancy, but that sounds great!! sorry that you feel it wastes your time, i totally get that. also, punk dragons please!!! give me a mohawk and bone jewelry and ugh yes
@TenderVulture no harm done! mushrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea :) i personally am not a fan of pseudo-gore (i wish staff would let there be blood) but i find the pustules and stuff just not my style :)

@SCB that sounds gorgeous! i'd love to see elegantly done rot, i like a lot of silks and shiny things so plague skins don't tickle my fancy, but that sounds great!! sorry that you feel it wastes your time, i totally get that. also, punk dragons please!!! give me a mohawk and bone jewelry and ugh yes
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
@starshiny I made this one

It's hard to find a balance.. I was sure that one was too much, yet.. here we are. I actually submitted two versions, one hue shifted.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2541672/1#post_35656917

My entry from last year was a big no. There was no saving it. And I understand it. It was a zombie skin, with two hatchlings peeking out, living in their zombie mom. Like, she was their home. I thought it was cute, tons of people wanted a copy, but no dice. But I get that one.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2917662/10#post_44975496

I may yet get back to this year's idea.. it's been hard for me to be motivated for anything honestly.
@starshiny I made this one

It's hard to find a balance.. I was sure that one was too much, yet.. here we are. I actually submitted two versions, one hue shifted.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2541672/1#post_35656917

My entry from last year was a big no. There was no saving it. And I understand it. It was a zombie skin, with two hatchlings peeking out, living in their zombie mom. Like, she was their home. I thought it was cute, tons of people wanted a copy, but no dice. But I get that one.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2917662/10#post_44975496

I may yet get back to this year's idea.. it's been hard for me to be motivated for anything honestly.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@SCB yeah, i get the mother one, but that occult priestess was great!!!
@SCB yeah, i get the mother one, but that occult priestess was great!!!
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
Ooh, I'm always down for those kinds of interesting themes!

A bit similar to cordyceps (and I don't know how exactly one might translate it) but an accent based on how snails that infected with the leucochloridium paradoxum parasite look. I won't link a picture just in case that kinda stuff icks people out but it gives them changing bands of colour that looks real strange
Ooh, I'm always down for those kinds of interesting themes!

A bit similar to cordyceps (and I don't know how exactly one might translate it) but an accent based on how snails that infected with the leucochloridium paradoxum parasite look. I won't link a picture just in case that kinda stuff icks people out but it gives them changing bands of colour that looks real strange
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
@Aprycus

woah, just searched it up, that is super interesting!! like you said, i'm not sure how anyone would make that into an accent, but it's super cool.
@Aprycus

woah, just searched it up, that is super interesting!! like you said, i'm not sure how anyone would make that into an accent, but it's super cool.
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
Oh, I WANT some cordyceps! Regrettably the one we have is for fae… gimme some skydancer mushrooms. Or! Some plague jewelry. Hear me out: scavenger-ish jewelry with pieces of bone and teeth or claws.

I mostly want mushrooms since I used to study mushrooms and love them. Funky little beings!
Oh, I WANT some cordyceps! Regrettably the one we have is for fae… gimme some skydancer mushrooms. Or! Some plague jewelry. Hear me out: scavenger-ish jewelry with pieces of bone and teeth or claws.

I mostly want mushrooms since I used to study mushrooms and love them. Funky little beings!
unknown.png
Honestly, what are cordyceps? I only know them as expensive gifts Chinese families like to give during events to show off how rich they are (yes, it's true. I'm Chinese). Apparently they have some health benefits or something?

Edit: I just searched it up and OH BOY is my skin ever tingling.
Honestly, what are cordyceps? I only know them as expensive gifts Chinese families like to give during events to show off how rich they are (yes, it's true. I'm Chinese). Apparently they have some health benefits or something?

S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[quote name="Jxckal" date="2021-10-11 20:31:17" ] Honestly, what are cordyceps? I only know them as expensive gifts Chinese families like to give during events to show off how rich they are (yes, it's true. I'm Chinese). Apparently they have some health benefits or something? Edit: I just searched it up and OH BOY is my skin ever tingling. [/quote] Wait. Wait you're telling me chongcaohua is cordyceps? The same mushroom that grows on ants and takes over their brains? That's what I've been eating this whole time? HAH?!
Jxckal wrote on 2021-10-11 20:31:17:

Wait.

Wait you're telling me chongcaohua is cordyceps? The same mushroom that grows on ants and takes over their brains? That's what I've been eating this whole time? HAH?!

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

@Coincidence Yes. Yes it is. Enjoy your parasite mushroom snack :)
@Coincidence Yes. Yes it is. Enjoy your parasite mushroom snack :)
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2 3 4 5