Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | give me ur plague-y headcanons!
1 2 3 4
I'd argue that they're great scrap mechanics, making do with what they have. Plague Flight would definitely be the best to fit in a Mad Max-style universe, complete with makeshift traps and weapons.
I'd argue that they're great scrap mechanics, making do with what they have. Plague Flight would definitely be the best to fit in a Mad Max-style universe, complete with makeshift traps and weapons.
We make the best breads and brews too! You want something preserved? You got it. Jellies, pickles, yogurts and cheeses? That's our jam! (not sorry) Jerky and cured meats more your fancy over our more raw delicacies? Can do!
We make the best breads and brews too! You want something preserved? You got it. Jellies, pickles, yogurts and cheeses? That's our jam! (not sorry) Jerky and cured meats more your fancy over our more raw delicacies? Can do!
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="2BD" date="2021-10-08 06:56:36" ] Plague dragons know better than anyone of adaptations. When it comes to matters they find important, the studious nature of a Plague dragon can put Arcane and Lignt dragons to shame. They will track creatures for miles on end, the ecology of the Plague domain ever changing, and see what makes them… WORK. From there, they learn to copy it. We survive for a reason, and it is from learning what works and discarding what doesn’t. [/quote] Oh I love this
2BD wrote on 2021-10-08 06:56:36:
Plague dragons know better than anyone of adaptations. When it comes to matters they find important, the studious nature of a Plague dragon can put Arcane and Lignt dragons to shame. They will track creatures for miles on end, the ecology of the Plague domain ever changing, and see what makes them… WORK. From there, they learn to copy it.

We survive for a reason, and it is from learning what works and discarding what doesn’t.

Oh I love this
Arcane and plague and lightning have this whole race to see who can make and study bacteria, diseases, and other ailments. Plague will make some new virus, and lightning will come up with a cure as arcane comes up with magical ways to prevent it spreading. Arcane will make some magical ailment, and plague will find a way to built a resistance while lightning deconstructs the spell work behind it. Lightning will come up with some new medicine, arcane makes something magically better and plague finds a different disease that can sneak past the magic and the medicine’s barriers.

In other news, plague has a stereotype of being unfriendly, but they’re actually pretty welcoming to travelers. I wouldn’t think that Plague likes big, organized communities or governments (seeing them as susceptible to ‘rot’ or ‘corruption’), but they’re welcoming to wandering travelers and such! Snappers often make it a point to travel through the scarred wasteland for the hospitality of random mirror packs alone. Some plaguelings think of it as a way to ‘test’ how well they can handle suddenly having another mouth to feed, how creative they can get with food stores, etc.
Arcane and plague and lightning have this whole race to see who can make and study bacteria, diseases, and other ailments. Plague will make some new virus, and lightning will come up with a cure as arcane comes up with magical ways to prevent it spreading. Arcane will make some magical ailment, and plague will find a way to built a resistance while lightning deconstructs the spell work behind it. Lightning will come up with some new medicine, arcane makes something magically better and plague finds a different disease that can sneak past the magic and the medicine’s barriers.

In other news, plague has a stereotype of being unfriendly, but they’re actually pretty welcoming to travelers. I wouldn’t think that Plague likes big, organized communities or governments (seeing them as susceptible to ‘rot’ or ‘corruption’), but they’re welcoming to wandering travelers and such! Snappers often make it a point to travel through the scarred wasteland for the hospitality of random mirror packs alone. Some plaguelings think of it as a way to ‘test’ how well they can handle suddenly having another mouth to feed, how creative they can get with food stores, etc.
s037-d01-Saronai.png608803-CD-5-BDC-4-DE3-AED4-F46-DA50-A4843.png
When a plague dragon (or any dragon) recovers or heals from a sickness or injury, plague dragons set up celebrations and parties, and depending on the severity of the injury or disease, they can range from huge to small.

For example, when a dragon recovers from a broken bone, plague dragons will celebrate by exercising or play sports based around what ever bone was broken, like kick ball if their legs were broken. They do that to prove and celebrate that they have healed, and relish in the things they may have took for granted.

And if it’s an injury they can’t exactly heal from, they have a large celebration because even though they may have lost something, they are still alive, and it proves that they survived.
(I apologize if this is a bit morbid, but I think it’s fine? ;-;)
When a plague dragon (or any dragon) recovers or heals from a sickness or injury, plague dragons set up celebrations and parties, and depending on the severity of the injury or disease, they can range from huge to small.

For example, when a dragon recovers from a broken bone, plague dragons will celebrate by exercising or play sports based around what ever bone was broken, like kick ball if their legs were broken. They do that to prove and celebrate that they have healed, and relish in the things they may have took for granted.

And if it’s an injury they can’t exactly heal from, they have a large celebration because even though they may have lost something, they are still alive, and it proves that they survived.
(I apologize if this is a bit morbid, but I think it’s fine? ;-;)
Hello, call me Crackers! | He/him

Feel free to ping me whenever!
Plague has invented Natto beans.
Plague has invented Natto beans.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
[quote name="2BD" date="2021-10-08 06:56:36" ] When many dragons think of Plague, they decide they know what to expect plenty well. A shambling, sickly beast with trophies of gore placed haphazardly, nothing more than a mindless and wild foe. This is anything but the truth. Plague dragons know better than anyone of adaptations. When it comes to matters they find important, the studious nature of a Plague dragon can put Arcane and Lignt dragons to shame. They will track creatures for miles on end, the ecology of the Plague domain ever changing, and see what makes them… WORK. From there, they learn to copy it. Bones arranged on one’s flank in such a way that a claw strike against them will be trapped in the web of sharpened skeletal remains, perfect for a counterattack. An injury perfect for a cheap shot was in fact a masterfully “painted” clump of bacteria or toxins. They can mimic other injuries such as broken bones, including those any dragon not from Plague would assume to be fatal. This is all gained through individual study of the Scarred Wasteland, making no two dragon’s strategies quite alike. We survive for a reason, and it is from learning what works and discarding what doesn’t. [/quote] I LOVE the idea of Plague dragons feigning injury to draw in reckless opportunists!
2BD wrote on 2021-10-08 06:56:36:
When many dragons think of Plague, they decide they know what to expect plenty well. A shambling, sickly beast with trophies of gore placed haphazardly, nothing more than a mindless and wild foe. This is anything but the truth.

Plague dragons know better than anyone of adaptations. When it comes to matters they find important, the studious nature of a Plague dragon can put Arcane and Lignt dragons to shame. They will track creatures for miles on end, the ecology of the Plague domain ever changing, and see what makes them… WORK. From there, they learn to copy it.

Bones arranged on one’s flank in such a way that a claw strike against them will be trapped in the web of sharpened skeletal remains, perfect for a counterattack. An injury perfect for a cheap shot was in fact a masterfully “painted” clump of bacteria or toxins. They can mimic other injuries such as broken bones, including those any dragon not from Plague would assume to be fatal. This is all gained through individual study of the Scarred Wasteland, making no two dragon’s strategies quite alike.

We survive for a reason, and it is from learning what works and discarding what doesn’t.

I LOVE the idea of Plague dragons feigning injury to draw in reckless opportunists!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Plague dragons are most likely the best healers in the Sornieth with their knowledge about all or most of diseases.
They can also turn that knowledge against enemies of course, making them one of the dangerous, if not *the* most dangerous dragons.

Plague's elemental attack is basically a bite that works like Komodo dragon bite, meaning that they do not have actual venom.
Plague dragons are most likely the best healers in the Sornieth with their knowledge about all or most of diseases.
They can also turn that knowledge against enemies of course, making them one of the dangerous, if not *the* most dangerous dragons.

Plague's elemental attack is basically a bite that works like Komodo dragon bite, meaning that they do not have actual venom.
W6LdAlV.gif
A Plague dragons favorite video game is ark:survival evolved

Specifically official pvp servers.

Specifically on the scorched earth, extinction, and aberration maps.
A Plague dragons favorite video game is ark:survival evolved

Specifically official pvp servers.

Specifically on the scorched earth, extinction, and aberration maps.
another is what my Plague reps are kind of based around, where they might create or purposely infect themselves with diseases/infestations that could have side benefits to the symptoms. that might be canonical considering the Runaway Rotclaw?

relevant lore of Madness of Beasts, and Blade Blood.
another is what my Plague reps are kind of based around, where they might create or purposely infect themselves with diseases/infestations that could have side benefits to the symptoms. that might be canonical considering the Runaway Rotclaw?

relevant lore of Madness of Beasts, and Blade Blood.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
1 2 3 4