Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any chance of other "dragons"?
1 2
Not sure if this has been talked about a lot since I don't usually frequent anything other than Dragon Share, but this has been on my mind for a while.

When I say "dragons", I mean anything that doesn't follow the "four legs two wings" rule. Like Banescales being Wyverns. Any addition like that would likely have to be an Ancient bc wing/leg apparel, but I'm curious if there's any solid chance of seeing Drakes, Amphiteres, Wyrms or even Lindwyrms in the future?

I don't have too many solid ideas on the subject,, but I think a Drake would be a good candidate for an Earth Ancient, since I guess Earthshaker could classify as one himself? I'd like to hear your thoughts!
Not sure if this has been talked about a lot since I don't usually frequent anything other than Dragon Share, but this has been on my mind for a while.

When I say "dragons", I mean anything that doesn't follow the "four legs two wings" rule. Like Banescales being Wyverns. Any addition like that would likely have to be an Ancient bc wing/leg apparel, but I'm curious if there's any solid chance of seeing Drakes, Amphiteres, Wyrms or even Lindwyrms in the future?

I don't have too many solid ideas on the subject,, but I think a Drake would be a good candidate for an Earth Ancient, since I guess Earthshaker could classify as one himself? I'd like to hear your thoughts!
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
I imagine we'll eventually get a few ancient breeds that fit these categories.
I imagine we'll eventually get a few ancient breeds that fit these categories.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
I'm VERY happy to tell you [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3042688]that the devs announced a new ancient coming out in the next few months![/url] They only released the silhouette, but it's definitely got multiple heads and tails. Look forward to that! [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/newstuffforthisyear.png[/img] As for other types, I'd love to see a leviathan/wyrm type dragon! There's been some great mockups on the suggestions forums for these types of breeds
I'm VERY happy to tell you that the devs announced a new ancient coming out in the next few months! They only released the silhouette, but it's definitely got multiple heads and tails. Look forward to that!

newstuffforthisyear.png

As for other types, I'd love to see a leviathan/wyrm type dragon! There's been some great mockups on the suggestions forums for these types of breeds
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
If the devs didn't take this opportunity with the ancients to make weird and wacky dragons, I'd be quite sad!
If the devs didn't take this opportunity with the ancients to make weird and wacky dragons, I'd be quite sad!
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
@Aikka

Ohh man I totally forgot about the new Ancient!! Very excited to see its release!! Iirc two headed dragons were smth the devs have confirmed were going to happen eventually, so it makes me excited for their plans for the other Ancients!

Also yesss I would love to see their take on a Leviathan dragon :0
@Aikka

Ohh man I totally forgot about the new Ancient!! Very excited to see its release!! Iirc two headed dragons were smth the devs have confirmed were going to happen eventually, so it makes me excited for their plans for the other Ancients!

Also yesss I would love to see their take on a Leviathan dragon :0
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
I'm really hoping we get some more 'dragons' that actually fit into the subspecies of.. dragons.
Seeing Spirals are like Wyrms, I am unsure if we would get something more similar - but it would be awesome.
I'm really hoping we get some more 'dragons' that actually fit into the subspecies of.. dragons.
Seeing Spirals are like Wyrms, I am unsure if we would get something more similar - but it would be awesome.
ooSuhor.png
@Orcalot
Multi-headed dragons weren't confirmed before afaik (though a lot of people asked for them). What they did say was that breeds after Veilspun were going to break the mould a lot more!
@Orcalot
Multi-headed dragons weren't confirmed before afaik (though a lot of people asked for them). What they did say was that breeds after Veilspun were going to break the mould a lot more!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Most likely, considering the new Ancient appears to have more than one head.
Most likely, considering the new Ancient appears to have more than one head.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
They most likely won't do dragons with no wings (as they have to shove secondary genes somewhere, and fins/crests/manes work pretty bad at showing secondaries), but dragons with no leggies are totally possible I believe! (But I'd actually prefer a centipede derg over a no-legged one just for lulz <D )
They most likely won't do dragons with no wings (as they have to shove secondary genes somewhere, and fins/crests/manes work pretty bad at showing secondaries), but dragons with no leggies are totally possible I believe! (But I'd actually prefer a centipede derg over a no-legged one just for lulz <D )

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
My dream would be a giant snake-like ancient!
My dream would be a giant snake-like ancient!
Designated Ridgeback Smoocher
I'm on a quest to get every forum vista I can!
Icon Dragon | Sales Tab
1 2