Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When do YOU scatter?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I like the fun of scattering but the costs are suuuuuuper hard to justify, so I do it really rarely and almost always with a gened g1 I picked up for cheap, often something with a gem gene. Then I feel a little less wasteful. Tiny bit.
And even then I tend to test the dragon with some scrying workshop fake scatters to see what the chances are I'll be able to work with random colors while still keeping the genes I want to save. If the odds really seem bad I won't do it. I'm just not able to sink dozens of scatters on a dragon without hating myself for the waste so I try to be careful about starting something that'll fail a lot of rolls.

That said, if I like the original pri/sec on a dragon I wouldn't scatter because of the tert, I'd hold out for a gene that works for it, stay basic, or get rid of the dragon if it really bothers me that much.
I like the fun of scattering but the costs are suuuuuuper hard to justify, so I do it really rarely and almost always with a gened g1 I picked up for cheap, often something with a gem gene. Then I feel a little less wasteful. Tiny bit.
And even then I tend to test the dragon with some scrying workshop fake scatters to see what the chances are I'll be able to work with random colors while still keeping the genes I want to save. If the odds really seem bad I won't do it. I'm just not able to sink dozens of scatters on a dragon without hating myself for the waste so I try to be careful about starting something that'll fail a lot of rolls.

That said, if I like the original pri/sec on a dragon I wouldn't scatter because of the tert, I'd hold out for a gene that works for it, stay basic, or get rid of the dragon if it really bothers me that much.
We never scatter. We don't own any dragons that we both want to keep enough and hate enough to justify spending huge amounts of gems on trying to get a nice combo. The ugly ones we want to keep get thrown in the den. The ugly ones we don't want we either don't buy or just exalt them :D

We did it a few times in the past when gems were cheaper but never ended up with anything cool so much like hatching eggs we gave up.
We never scatter. We don't own any dragons that we both want to keep enough and hate enough to justify spending huge amounts of gems on trying to get a nice combo. The ugly ones we want to keep get thrown in the den. The ugly ones we don't want we either don't buy or just exalt them :D

We did it a few times in the past when gems were cheaper but never ended up with anything cool so much like hatching eggs we gave up.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
When I find a special ID or dragon that I can't replicate or find a replacement for, so I scatter. Either a low digit or a G2 Imp.
When I find a special ID or dragon that I can't replicate or find a replacement for, so I scatter. Either a low digit or a G2 Imp.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
ive scattered my random progen, she made it to a nice black/red/pearl so I just stopped since she’s gonna be kept basic anyways, now she matches my regular progen and im happy
ive scattered my random progen, she made it to a nice black/red/pearl so I just stopped since she’s gonna be kept basic anyways, now she matches my regular progen and im happy
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
I've scattered my birthday G1 girl, got xyx double of perfectly matching colors which I hate and never scattered anyone again.
I've scattered my birthday G1 girl, got xyx double of perfectly matching colors which I hate and never scattered anyone again.
TIobTkz.png
I really care for scattering as you could buy something else for far less than those things. But I also have no issue just getting rid of old dragons and just slapping their lore into a new one. I don't consider the original pixels to be a thing that matters, only the idea of the thing you created in your mind.

The only time I've done it was for a specific number hatch, 60666666. That I managed to get six sixes called for a bit of what I normally consider throwing money away.
I really care for scattering as you could buy something else for far less than those things. But I also have no issue just getting rid of old dragons and just slapping their lore into a new one. I don't consider the original pixels to be a thing that matters, only the idea of the thing you created in your mind.

The only time I've done it was for a specific number hatch, 60666666. That I managed to get six sixes called for a bit of what I normally consider throwing money away.
4QFtgPW.png
I came back to the site only to realize that one of my old pairs had the same tertiary. I wanted more colors, so I scattered the mate. I only did it twice. Another dragon I scattered just for the fun of it. At one point I owned an older dragon that was not selling, so I sold her along with a sc.
I came back to the site only to realize that one of my old pairs had the same tertiary. I wanted more colors, so I scattered the mate. I only did it twice. Another dragon I scattered just for the fun of it. At one point I owned an older dragon that was not selling, so I sold her along with a sc.
Y02PS6v.png
i did it once for my random progen. he's gone now

otherwise i don't scatter because i only buy dragons i like
i did it once for my random progen. he's gone now

otherwise i don't scatter because i only buy dragons i like
I have a dragon I plan on scattering 1000 times, all because she was hatched on the day that chapter 1000 of One Piece came out. I also have some older dragons I would like to scatter into doubles one day. I just find scattering fun.
I have a dragon I plan on scattering 1000 times, all because she was hatched on the day that chapter 1000 of One Piece came out. I also have some older dragons I would like to scatter into doubles one day. I just find scattering fun.
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
I've only ever scattered once, and it was one of my progen dragons. The prim and second colors worked well (platinum/splash is underrated) but then the tert was jungle, so there was a dark pukish green sitting on top of him. I scattered and he turned into a GORGEOUS blue/storm/navy guardian.
I've only ever scattered once, and it was one of my progen dragons. The prim and second colors worked well (platinum/splash is underrated) but then the tert was jungle, so there was a dark pukish green sitting on top of him. I scattered and he turned into a GORGEOUS blue/storm/navy guardian.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9