Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Over five thousand users online
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="MoonlitCacti" date="2021-07-03 14:25:30" ] [quote name="Psiuser" date="2021-07-03 14:08:01" ] I'm not sure if anyone has said it here or not, but someone on a discord server mentioned this could be partly due to an influx of people coming from art fight to draw people's dragons. Though over 4.5k would probably still be too high for it to be the explanation, but there's definitely a least a handful from there. [/quote] Right… I totally forgot about art fight. [/quote] i don’t think this many would be here though…. what else could it be though?
MoonlitCacti wrote on 2021-07-03 14:25:30:
Psiuser wrote on 2021-07-03 14:08:01:
I'm not sure if anyone has said it here or not, but someone on a discord server mentioned this could be partly due to an influx of people coming from art fight to draw people's dragons. Though over 4.5k would probably still be too high for it to be the explanation, but there's definitely a least a handful from there.

Right… I totally forgot about art fight.
i don’t think this many would be here though…. what else could it be though?
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
[quote name="Mercurythewolf" date="2021-07-03 14:26:35" ] [quote name="MoonlitCacti" date="2021-07-03 14:25:30" ] [quote name="Psiuser" date="2021-07-03 14:08:01" ] I'm not sure if anyone has said it here or not, but someone on a discord server mentioned this could be partly due to an influx of people coming from art fight to draw people's dragons. Though over 4.5k would probably still be too high for it to be the explanation, but there's definitely a least a handful from there. [/quote] Right… I totally forgot about art fight. [/quote] i don’t think this many would be here though…. what else could it be though? [/quote] [i]beastclan invasion[/i] jkjkjk. bots maybe?
Mercurythewolf wrote on 2021-07-03 14:26:35:
MoonlitCacti wrote on 2021-07-03 14:25:30:
Psiuser wrote on 2021-07-03 14:08:01:
I'm not sure if anyone has said it here or not, but someone on a discord server mentioned this could be partly due to an influx of people coming from art fight to draw people's dragons. Though over 4.5k would probably still be too high for it to be the explanation, but there's definitely a least a handful from there.

Right… I totally forgot about art fight.
i don’t think this many would be here though…. what else could it be though?
beastclan invasion
jkjkjk. bots maybe?
sus
sus
ohh the artfight thing makes sense! that's interesting
ohh the artfight thing makes sense! that's interesting
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
also what are bots? (sorry for posting so much in this thread i’m just confused :>)
also what are bots? (sorry for posting so much in this thread i’m just confused :>)
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
[quote name="Mercurythewolf" date="2021-07-03 14:34:31" ] also what are bots? (sorry for posting so much in this thread i’m just confused :>) [/quote] bots are things that are used to overload things like spamming the comments or forums.
Mercurythewolf wrote on 2021-07-03 14:34:31:
bots are things that are used to overload things like spamming the comments or forums.
l5KIkf4.png
[quote name="Totsugeki" date="2021-07-03 15:17:52" ] [quote name="Mercurythewolf" date="2021-07-03 14:34:31" ] also what are bots? (sorry for posting so much in this thread i’m just confused :>) [/quote] bots are things that are used to overload things like spamming the comments or forums. [/quote] more specifically, they're programs meant to act like humans who sign up for accounts specifically to post in forums and spam their products in the hopes someone will fall for it, click their links, and either get malware or get scammed you usually see them on much more standard forums though, i haven't seen many spam bots on FR at all...? i don't know the logistics so i could be SUPER wrong, take my opinion with a grain of salt, but: i figure it might be more difficult for a standard bot to get through flight rising than normal forums due to all the extra stuff? of course if it just looks for certain accessible terms and clicks them then that's probably easy to bypass, but... regardless, shouldn't they be actual active users instead of guests in that case? or is there something i'm missing regarding how bots like that work? i'm genuinely curious
Totsugeki wrote on 2021-07-03 15:17:52:
Mercurythewolf wrote on 2021-07-03 14:34:31:
bots are things that are used to overload things like spamming the comments or forums.

more specifically, they're programs meant to act like humans who sign up for accounts specifically to post in forums and spam their products in the hopes someone will fall for it, click their links, and either get malware or get scammed

you usually see them on much more standard forums though, i haven't seen many spam bots on FR at all...? i don't know the logistics so i could be SUPER wrong, take my opinion with a grain of salt, but: i figure it might be more difficult for a standard bot to get through flight rising than normal forums due to all the extra stuff? of course if it just looks for certain accessible terms and clicks them then that's probably easy to bypass, but...

regardless, shouldn't they be actual active users instead of guests in that case? or is there something i'm missing regarding how bots like that work? i'm genuinely curious
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
4.5k guests... weird. the artfight thing would definitely make sense, and i'm sure some of the guests are just normal players with accounts set to invisible. still that's quite a lot; would be interesting to track it and see how that guest number changes. never really paid attention to it before.
4.5k guests... weird. the artfight thing would definitely make sense, and i'm sure some of the guests are just normal players with accounts set to invisible. still that's quite a lot; would be interesting to track it and see how that guest number changes. never really paid attention to it before.
udj6wT1.png
It just went down to 3804 users right now. 2097 users, 1676 guests.
It just went down to 3804 users right now. 2097 users, 1676 guests.
dIMtL1H.png
he him AND she her OwO
thomas.png
i like touhou
Coming back to this I'm wondering if someone tried to overload the site with bots. It does start to lag a lot after a certain point like we saw with the introduction of obelisks. A bit like something along the lines of a DDOS

I see no other reason why there could be so many guests (above users) on at one time when there's no event
Coming back to this I'm wondering if someone tried to overload the site with bots. It does start to lag a lot after a certain point like we saw with the introduction of obelisks. A bit like something along the lines of a DDOS

I see no other reason why there could be so many guests (above users) on at one time when there's no event
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7