Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | MODERN WON CONGRATS ON BRAGGING RIGHTS
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27
[quote name="panzerhaus" date="2021-06-15 08:41:14" ] Modern! With regard to the statues, though, I think they're intentionally supposed to look ambiguous so the final reveal isn't totally spoiled. If there are new moderns encased in them, that's probably not a totally accurate reflection of what they look like. [/quote] This, because they [i]do[/i] look similar to Tundras... Yeah! Modern, because of all the buildup. We no longer need an epic anniversary party to unleash a new Ancient upon the world. I'm so excited [emoji=tundra laughing size=2]
panzerhaus wrote on 2021-06-15 08:41:14:
Modern! With regard to the statues, though, I think they're intentionally supposed to look ambiguous so the final reveal isn't totally spoiled. If there are new moderns encased in them, that's probably not a totally accurate reflection of what they look like.

This, because they do look similar to Tundras...
Yeah! Modern, because of all the buildup. We no longer need an epic anniversary party to unleash a new Ancient upon the world.
I'm so excited
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
If the devs are smart, Modern. I'm sick and tired of ancients with normal body plans. I still make mistakes in my head about whether I can put apparel on Gaolers or Veils. These dragons clearly the usual single-headed hexapodal shape, and they're even kinda boring compared to the dragon types we already have.

If the statues are not of the new breed, then Ancient could be just as likely. The petrified dragons look a whole lot like a collection of existing modern dragons. The standing ones look like Tundras and the lying ones look like Coatls just a bit.

If the devs are absolutely insane, we're getting TWO new breeds, one of each type.
If the devs are smart, Modern. I'm sick and tired of ancients with normal body plans. I still make mistakes in my head about whether I can put apparel on Gaolers or Veils. These dragons clearly the usual single-headed hexapodal shape, and they're even kinda boring compared to the dragon types we already have.

If the statues are not of the new breed, then Ancient could be just as likely. The petrified dragons look a whole lot like a collection of existing modern dragons. The standing ones look like Tundras and the lying ones look like Coatls just a bit.

If the devs are absolutely insane, we're getting TWO new breeds, one of each type.
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
I want to say modern. We know a new breed's been in development for a while, and it feels too soon after the release of Veilspuns to drop another ancient.
I want to say modern. We know a new breed's been in development for a while, and it feels too soon after the release of Veilspuns to drop another ancient.
[quote name="XerxesTexasToast" date="2021-06-15 08:58:41" ] If the devs are absolutely insane, we're getting TWO new breeds, one of each type. [/quote] That would make a build up so worth it! Also would kinda make sense with the Water/Earth collab for the event.
XerxesTexasToast wrote on 2021-06-15 08:58:41:

That would make a build up so worth it! Also would kinda make sense with the Water/Earth collab for the event.
cowfish.gif
I have no idea what to expect but I'm hope for a new modern
I have no idea what to expect but I'm hope for a new modern
Modern because I’m desperate ;-;
Modern because I’m desperate ;-;
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
I say Ancient... i saw a thread (but did not find it again) where someone pointed out that in the earth domain scene are 4 statues....3 are veilspun, gaoler and banescale...the fourth is missing a head (maybe something broke free was a theorie i saw)...so if in the picture of the earthshaker domain are only ancients then the statue 4 could have been a hidden clue from the devs... for earth getting the next ancient...

also why is the water flight there in this event? the guardian said that the river got redirected some time ago(wich hints that tidelord went by at some time ago...maybe on his way to make the next modern)...while the magic from the earthshaker was casted not long ago...maybe to wake up his old ancient breed? If these "statues that are not statues" contain really a high ammount of earth magic that could mean that earthshaker used his "alarm clock power" to wake them up.
I say Ancient... i saw a thread (but did not find it again) where someone pointed out that in the earth domain scene are 4 statues....3 are veilspun, gaoler and banescale...the fourth is missing a head (maybe something broke free was a theorie i saw)...so if in the picture of the earthshaker domain are only ancients then the statue 4 could have been a hidden clue from the devs... for earth getting the next ancient...

also why is the water flight there in this event? the guardian said that the river got redirected some time ago(wich hints that tidelord went by at some time ago...maybe on his way to make the next modern)...while the magic from the earthshaker was casted not long ago...maybe to wake up his old ancient breed? If these "statues that are not statues" contain really a high ammount of earth magic that could mean that earthshaker used his "alarm clock power" to wake them up.
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
A long-forgotten modern breed... perhaps the first one made. Maybe.

Ancient makes sense lore-wise, but as many others here have said, this feels like too much hype and buildup for an ancient breed.

Though I really do enjoy the idea of there being not just one but TWO new breeds?? Ancient AND modern? Oh yes please.
A long-forgotten modern breed... perhaps the first one made. Maybe.

Ancient makes sense lore-wise, but as many others here have said, this feels like too much hype and buildup for an ancient breed.

Though I really do enjoy the idea of there being not just one but TWO new breeds?? Ancient AND modern? Oh yes please.
KxKYUel.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date="2021-06-15 08:48:07" ] I'm still banking on Adventure Mode in my little corner over here. [/quote] Same. Maybe a breed tied with adventure mode ;u;
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2021-06-15 08:48:07:
I'm still banking on Adventure Mode in my little corner over here.
Same. Maybe a breed tied with adventure mode ;u;
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
I'm gonna say Ancient, because this all seems like "ancient" stuff - old civilizations, deep underground stuff, old bones from the earth BotE story... if there is a breed involved at all, it's probably an Earth or un-aligned Ancient with some spooky abilities.

A lot of people seem to want a Modern so that we "get something big" for the anniversary. And while we still might, the main part of anniversaries is always something completely new - Tomo, colourwheel expansion, the Dressing Room, the eye update, the first introduction of Ancients, the dragon profile revamp which gave us Scenes... these are all completely new things to the site. A new Modern won't be completely new, since we have over a dozen moderns already. But what is new? The event itself - we've never had anything like it! THAT'S the new thing, and we'll probably get more in the future.

This is assuming we get a breed at all. I know people are like "but staff haven't said no breed!" but can they really do that every time people speculate new breeds? At that point, why hide a new breed release at all, if people expect to be told when it's not?

Anyway, yeah... Ancient is my vote lol
I'm gonna say Ancient, because this all seems like "ancient" stuff - old civilizations, deep underground stuff, old bones from the earth BotE story... if there is a breed involved at all, it's probably an Earth or un-aligned Ancient with some spooky abilities.

A lot of people seem to want a Modern so that we "get something big" for the anniversary. And while we still might, the main part of anniversaries is always something completely new - Tomo, colourwheel expansion, the Dressing Room, the eye update, the first introduction of Ancients, the dragon profile revamp which gave us Scenes... these are all completely new things to the site. A new Modern won't be completely new, since we have over a dozen moderns already. But what is new? The event itself - we've never had anything like it! THAT'S the new thing, and we'll probably get more in the future.

This is assuming we get a breed at all. I know people are like "but staff haven't said no breed!" but can they really do that every time people speculate new breeds? At that point, why hide a new breed release at all, if people expect to be told when it's not?

Anyway, yeah... Ancient is my vote lol
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27