Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Luminax gives off Lady Dimitrescu vibes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="jordanosphere" date="2021-05-19 21:38:17" ] [quote name="ChickenEntendre" date="2021-05-19 21:10:09" ] I really, honestly, do not think so. People, uh, find Lady Dimitrescu a bit, you know, very pretty; [b]I doubt many view luminax in a similar fashion.[/b] [/quote] You underestimate these heathens. Luminax is like a puppy to me [/quote] You know, maybe you're right, lol. People might view just about anything in that manner, excuse my naiveté, haha.
jordanosphere wrote on 2021-05-19 21:38:17:
ChickenEntendre wrote on 2021-05-19 21:10:09:
I really, honestly, do not think so. People, uh, find Lady Dimitrescu a bit, you know, very pretty; I doubt many view luminax in a similar fashion.
You underestimate these heathens.
Luminax is like a puppy to me

You know, maybe you're right, lol. People might view just about anything in that manner, excuse my naiveté, haha.
IeBhKII.png
People simp for both but in very different ways.
People simp for both but in very different ways.
7ec4d967d09d92be1cbc5502b91700b20e05d1c0.gif 16446.png
+ Nags +
Amateur Artist
Professional Procrastinator
Fandragon Fanatic
16438.png 1eb8ba3e2a6af91adc647d6307f1cc30fa2e6290.gif
I kinda see where you are coming from here, both are big dangerous scary undead villains that ended up being well-liked and treated somewhat like they aren't villains by their fanbase, so to speak. Luminax is Big Puppy and Lady Dimitrescu is Pretty Lady, rather than the intimidating terrifying beings they are supposed to be.
I kinda see where you are coming from here, both are big dangerous scary undead villains that ended up being well-liked and treated somewhat like they aren't villains by their fanbase, so to speak. Luminax is Big Puppy and Lady Dimitrescu is Pretty Lady, rather than the intimidating terrifying beings they are supposed to be.
MdXUaPI.png ePOliyb.png
92n1dwB.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
T429jqB.pngT429jqB.png Be careful typing my username
for pings: there are two o's!

He/They
[quote name="brightmyth" date="2021-05-19 20:56:18" ] I don't think people think about luminax, uh, quite the same way they think about lady dimitrescu. [/quote] This right here. One the other side ... there are fans for everything out there.
brightmyth wrote on 2021-05-19 20:56:18:
I don't think people think about luminax, uh, quite the same way they think about lady dimitrescu.
This right here. One the other side ... there are fans for everything out there.
cdpykkvcrkou.png
[quote name="Snapdragoon" date="2021-05-20 01:16:26" ] I kinda see where you are coming from here, both are big dangerous scary undead villains that ended up being well-liked and treated somewhat like they aren't villains by their fanbase, so to speak. Luminax is Big Puppy and Lady Dimitrescu is Pretty Lady, rather than the intimidating terrifying beings they are supposed to be. [/quote] I thought Vampire Lady's appeal was the fact that she [i]is[/i] intimidating. But otherwise, couldn't the same argument be made for any popular villains...? The size is hardly consequential, because an abnormally tall person is big in a different way than a giant creature, and as for being undead... I mean, I think they're also both undead in very different ways. Like Chewbacca to a Xenomorph as examples of aliens.
Snapdragoon wrote on 2021-05-20 01:16:26:
I thought Vampire Lady's appeal was the fact that she is intimidating.

But otherwise, couldn't the same argument be made for any popular villains...? The size is hardly consequential, because an abnormally tall person is big in a different way than a giant creature, and as for being undead... I mean, I think they're also both undead in very different ways. Like Chewbacca to a Xenomorph as examples of aliens.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-05-20 02:12:52" ] [quote name="Snapdragoon" date="2021-05-20 01:16:26" ] I kinda see where you are coming from here, both are big dangerous scary undead villains that ended up being well-liked and treated somewhat like they aren't villains by their fanbase, so to speak. Luminax is Big Puppy and Lady Dimitrescu is Pretty Lady, rather than the intimidating terrifying beings they are supposed to be. [/quote] I thought Vampire Lady's appeal was the fact that she [i]is[/i] intimidating. But otherwise, couldn't the same argument be made for any popular villains...? The size is hardly consequential, because an abnormally tall person is big in a different way than a giant creature, and as for being undead... I mean, I think they're also both undead in very different ways. Like Chewbacca to a Xenomorph as examples of aliens. [/quote] Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense. I'm honestly not too familiar with the source material myself, and was just trying to see if I could figure out what OP might've been going for, haha.
Drakessis wrote on 2021-05-20 02:12:52:

But otherwise, couldn't the same argument be made for any popular villains...? The size is hardly consequential, because an abnormally tall person is big in a different way than a giant creature, and as for being undead... I mean, I think they're also both undead in very different ways. Like Chewbacca to a Xenomorph as examples of aliens.

Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense. I'm honestly not too familiar with the source material myself, and was just trying to see if I could figure out what OP might've been going for, haha.
MdXUaPI.png ePOliyb.png
92n1dwB.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
T429jqB.pngT429jqB.png Be careful typing my username
for pings: there are two o's!

He/They
Aha

What
Aha

What
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
As someone who has seen all of RE8. They are not at all similar in lore or fandom reception dfhgdf.

The only main thing they have in common is (RE8 spoilers) that they both have big undead dragon forms but that's about it.
As someone who has seen all of RE8. They are not at all similar in lore or fandom reception dfhgdf.

The only main thing they have in common is (RE8 spoilers) that they both have big undead dragon forms but that's about it.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
[quote name="Snapdragoon" date="2021-05-20 04:04:23" ] [quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-05-20 02:12:52" ] [quote name="Snapdragoon" date="2021-05-20 01:16:26" ] I kinda see where you are coming from here, both are big dangerous scary undead villains that ended up being well-liked and treated somewhat like they aren't villains by their fanbase, so to speak. Luminax is Big Puppy and Lady Dimitrescu is Pretty Lady, rather than the intimidating terrifying beings they are supposed to be. [/quote] I thought Vampire Lady's appeal was the fact that she [i]is[/i] intimidating. But otherwise, couldn't the same argument be made for any popular villains...? The size is hardly consequential, because an abnormally tall person is big in a different way than a giant creature, and as for being undead... I mean, I think they're also both undead in very different ways. Like Chewbacca to a Xenomorph as examples of aliens. [/quote] Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense. I'm honestly not too familiar with the source material myself, and was just trying to see if I could figure out what OP might've been going for, haha. [/quote] Yeah, this is spot on with what I was thinking when I compared the two. Tbh, I was using Markipliers idea of Lady Dimitrescu if anything. The whole memes of an undead giant “guardian” wanting to murder you to no end and the fandom being like; “I would 100% accept the death in the hands of Lady Dimitrescu”
Snapdragoon wrote on 2021-05-20 04:04:23:
Drakessis wrote on 2021-05-20 02:12:52:

Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense. I'm honestly not too familiar with the source material myself, and was just trying to see if I could figure out what OP might've been going for, haha.

Yeah, this is spot on with what I was thinking when I compared the two. Tbh, I was using Markipliers idea of Lady Dimitrescu if anything. The whole memes of an undead giant “guardian” wanting to murder you to no end and the fandom being like;
“I would 100% accept the death in the hands of Lady Dimitrescu”
I mean in her real form? I could see it.
I mean in her real form? I could see it.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
1 2 3 4 5 6 7