Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | --
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You're absolutely not alone, I think eye types also make for cool lore ideas, and I love the excitement of seeing which eyes I get from my nests (Wind rare is my favorite). Though I do with scattersights would return at least as a cycling item, it seems kind of unfair to retire them and makes a few of the natural eye types impossible to obtain without breeding.
You're absolutely not alone, I think eye types also make for cool lore ideas, and I love the excitement of seeing which eyes I get from my nests (Wind rare is my favorite). Though I do with scattersights would return at least as a cycling item, it seems kind of unfair to retire them and makes a few of the natural eye types impossible to obtain without breeding.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
i love it! its always exciting to hatch a nest and see if any of my dragons hatched with special eyes. i primarily hatch fodder and dont pay much attention to the process, but its rekindled my interest in hatching dragons. i'm a huge fan of lightning's primal eyes, and enjoy the rarity associated with hatching one myself. i had my FIRST hatched lightning primal a few weeks ago, which was awesome!!
i love it! its always exciting to hatch a nest and see if any of my dragons hatched with special eyes. i primarily hatch fodder and dont pay much attention to the process, but its rekindled my interest in hatching dragons. i'm a huge fan of lightning's primal eyes, and enjoy the rarity associated with hatching one myself. i had my FIRST hatched lightning primal a few weeks ago, which was awesome!!
wLNPkA3.png
The anticipation of getting something rare is always exciting, sometimes for bad timing where I get a rare type on a dragon with the wrong colors that match (most of my fodder breeders are blue shades). Nonetheless, I love random eyes!
The anticipation of getting something rare is always exciting, sometimes for bad timing where I get a rare type on a dragon with the wrong colors that match (most of my fodder breeders are blue shades). Nonetheless, I love random eyes!
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
[quote name="@MistFury0" date="2021-04-04 14:46:03" ] [quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2021-04-04 14:43:04" ] I enjoy the RNG, but it makes me sad that it's unreasonably difficult to acquire dream dragons with specific very rare eyes. If I want a dream dragon with a certain breed/color/gene combination, I can start up a breeding project to get it, even if no dragon even close exists on the site. If I want that dream dragon to have multi/primal, good luck. [/quote] [quote] I'd also like to mention that the odds behind the Primal Imp of a particular gender is even worse- a single pair breeding nonstop for a little over 10 years has only a 50% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender in that timeframe. It takes nearly 71 years for a pair breeding nonstop to hit a 99% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender; meaning an unfortunate 1% of the playerbase could breed their pair for basically their entire lifespan and never hatch the right dragon.[/quote] Staff never intended for people to project after this stuff or they would have done the math for it. [b]In fact staff made anyone who doesn’t breed in the wrong.[/b] [/quote] I do breed, and that's my whole point (I currently have four active breeding projects, and I've finished more in the past). I *cannot* reasonably achieve a dream dragon with eyes, even if I breed for it. In order to get rare eyes in a reasonable amount of time, I'd have to structure my entire lair around rotating pairs with perfect colors in order to keep nests going at all times. Like I said, I enjoy the RNG. It's a fun surprise. What I don't enjoy is being unable to reasonably work toward a goal that includes a major site mechanic.
@MistFury0 wrote on 2021-04-04 14:46:03:
LordJeanliness wrote on 2021-04-04 14:43:04:
I enjoy the RNG, but it makes me sad that it's unreasonably difficult to acquire dream dragons with specific very rare eyes. If I want a dream dragon with a certain breed/color/gene combination, I can start up a breeding project to get it, even if no dragon even close exists on the site. If I want that dream dragon to have multi/primal, good luck.

Quote:
I'd also like to mention that the odds behind the Primal Imp of a particular gender is even worse- a single pair breeding nonstop for a little over 10 years has only a 50% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender in that timeframe. It takes nearly 71 years for a pair breeding nonstop to hit a 99% chance of producing a Primal of the right gender; meaning an unfortunate 1% of the playerbase could breed their pair for basically their entire lifespan and never hatch the right dragon.

Staff never intended for people to project after this stuff or they would have done the math for it. In fact staff made anyone who doesn’t breed in the wrong.

I do breed, and that's my whole point (I currently have four active breeding projects, and I've finished more in the past). I *cannot* reasonably achieve a dream dragon with eyes, even if I breed for it. In order to get rare eyes in a reasonable amount of time, I'd have to structure my entire lair around rotating pairs with perfect colors in order to keep nests going at all times.

Like I said, I enjoy the RNG. It's a fun surprise. What I don't enjoy is being unable to reasonably work toward a goal that includes a major site mechanic.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
I love the random element of eyes and that's a great element, I love how it gives a little boost to hatching, I just have problems with the lack of accessibility and availability of any sort of eyes on already-existing dragons without gambling.

That's it.
I love the random element of eyes and that's a great element, I love how it gives a little boost to hatching, I just have problems with the lack of accessibility and availability of any sort of eyes on already-existing dragons without gambling.

That's it.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I really don't care about the tints of my dragons eyes, so most natural eye types I have no care for, including multigaze. The only natural eye types I get excited for are Goat, Facet, and Primal, but the first two are common enough that I can pick em up super cheap, and the last is pretty easy to get ugly fodder for to then scatterscroll.

Unnatural eye types though? Hell yeah! Dark sclera is my one true love, and Glowing and Spiral are also pretty nice to slap on projects. I honestly really wish they'd release more of them! They're all so incredibly cool, and bypass a lot of the saltiness that most people have about the current eye system, which is also nice when I'm reading through update threads.
I really don't care about the tints of my dragons eyes, so most natural eye types I have no care for, including multigaze. The only natural eye types I get excited for are Goat, Facet, and Primal, but the first two are common enough that I can pick em up super cheap, and the last is pretty easy to get ugly fodder for to then scatterscroll.

Unnatural eye types though? Hell yeah! Dark sclera is my one true love, and Glowing and Spiral are also pretty nice to slap on projects. I honestly really wish they'd release more of them! They're all so incredibly cool, and bypass a lot of the saltiness that most people have about the current eye system, which is also nice when I'm reading through update threads.
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
I really like the randomness of eyes. it makes dragon searching a lot of fun.
I really like the randomness of eyes. it makes dragon searching a lot of fun.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
You're not alone, I like them too. I hope we get more, because there's a lot of possibilities. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
You're not alone, I like them too. I hope we get more, because there's a lot of possibilities.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
It can ruin some things, and it's frustrating then, but overall I really do like them.
It can ruin some things, and it's frustrating then, but overall I really do like them.
hehe hiiii
I like it too, it's like how hoards of non-shiny pokemon make the shiny ones special. It causes me to do impulse buys that I could otherwise resist, haha :P And it makes breeding more exciting!

I get why it might not be everyone's favorite method, but it does it for me
I like it too, it's like how hoards of non-shiny pokemon make the shiny ones special. It causes me to do impulse buys that I could otherwise resist, haha :P And it makes breeding more exciting!

I get why it might not be everyone's favorite method, but it does it for me
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10