Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | --
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="@Variable" date="2021-04-05 15:54:11" ] @/Mystiek /shrug the dice roll differently for everyone. and primal vials are just too simple. they would have to cycle in once every few years and stay in gem mp for a week or so, around wildclaw price, to gain some sort of worth. i, for one, just don't want to see an increasingly oversaturated g1 primal market. [/quote] I do believe you are more likely to hatch a primal via mass hatching unhatched eggs than through breeding. Or at least it’ll feel like it. Say you hatch 200 eggs your more likely to get a primal in a single day than through breeding. And you actually can acquire an unhatched egg every few days if you grind the coli and hoardsell, max fairgrounds daily, flip fodder, or exalt leveled fodder. And you can get more eggs in a month from that than you would breeding in a imperial mono lair in a month. So in a sense yes primals will lose their value faster than you think. And besides primals were never said to be more important in lore. The only thing that make them more “special” is the fact you have a lower chance of getting them..
@Variable wrote on 2021-04-05 15:54:11:
@/Mystiek /shrug
the dice roll differently for everyone. and primal vials are just too simple. they would have to cycle in once every few years and stay in gem mp for a week or so, around wildclaw price, to gain some sort of worth. i, for one, just don't want to see an increasingly oversaturated g1 primal market.

I do believe you are more likely to hatch a primal via mass hatching unhatched eggs than through breeding. Or at least it’ll feel like it.

Say you hatch 200 eggs your more likely to get a primal in a single day than through breeding. And you actually can acquire an unhatched egg every few days if you grind the coli and hoardsell, max fairgrounds daily, flip fodder, or exalt leveled fodder. And you can get more eggs in a month from that than you would breeding in a imperial mono lair in a month.

So in a sense yes primals will lose their value faster than you think. And besides primals were never said to be more important in lore. The only thing that make them more “special” is the fact you have a lower chance of getting them..
4xTBSTZ.png
@Mystiek no matter the odds, natural, random eye types shouldn't be shunned just because a select group has a distaste, and sadly too much of the playerbase has either outright complained or made staff feel cornered on the situation, i'm sure. perhaps it's for this reason too, that we haven't seen another eye type release.

@Mystiek no matter the odds, natural, random eye types shouldn't be shunned just because a select group has a distaste, and sadly too much of the playerbase has either outright complained or made staff feel cornered on the situation, i'm sure. perhaps it's for this reason too, that we haven't seen another eye type release.

sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
Nope. I love random eyes. I wish horns were random.

EDIT: Also, I feel there really isn't any solution to the eye issue other than having Vials of scattersight come back in some form. Devs won't ever do it, so it's pointless discussion really, but if they just had a way to reset eyes when it came out the update probably would have been well-recieved.
Nope. I love random eyes. I wish horns were random.

EDIT: Also, I feel there really isn't any solution to the eye issue other than having Vials of scattersight come back in some form. Devs won't ever do it, so it's pointless discussion really, but if they just had a way to reset eyes when it came out the update probably would have been well-recieved.
I'm going to preface this with: I enjoy the new eye colors! They offer far more options for me in terms of creating fandragons, and, for the most part, I am not affected much by the change on "legacy" dragons. If I'm extremely picky about certain eyes, I'll breed for them, but other than that I don't have a negative opinion on the colors themselves, or the dragons not affected by the implementation.

ON THE OTHER HAND: I absolutely loathe how the staff went about introducing the new eyes. Scattersight vials shouldn't have been retired, and I stand by that opinion. They should've been put in the gem marketplace for a set price and left at that so this ridiculous price inflation didn't happen.

Other than that? The random eyes are fine.
I'm going to preface this with: I enjoy the new eye colors! They offer far more options for me in terms of creating fandragons, and, for the most part, I am not affected much by the change on "legacy" dragons. If I'm extremely picky about certain eyes, I'll breed for them, but other than that I don't have a negative opinion on the colors themselves, or the dragons not affected by the implementation.

ON THE OTHER HAND: I absolutely loathe how the staff went about introducing the new eyes. Scattersight vials shouldn't have been retired, and I stand by that opinion. They should've been put in the gem marketplace for a set price and left at that so this ridiculous price inflation didn't happen.

Other than that? The random eyes are fine.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10