Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So we know who each Flight is warring w/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think for Wind, the idea is that they're always traveling by air. They don't want plague to start to take over wind territories, naturally-but they probably don't see any barriers to visiting any of the other regions.

I do find it interesting that the water dragon's territory's now kind of landlocked. There's no way for the water dragons to have territory/homes in say, any of the other massive ocean lands. they just have the ones in that one ocean, in the middle of the map.
Edit: even underwater theres pretty much nothing but walls around them. Though there is a mysterious cave on the upper part of that map, and a lot of 'fogginess' that I suppose means there might be routes but it would be difficult for a dragon to use them.
I think for Wind, the idea is that they're always traveling by air. They don't want plague to start to take over wind territories, naturally-but they probably don't see any barriers to visiting any of the other regions.

I do find it interesting that the water dragon's territory's now kind of landlocked. There's no way for the water dragons to have territory/homes in say, any of the other massive ocean lands. they just have the ones in that one ocean, in the middle of the map.
Edit: even underwater theres pretty much nothing but walls around them. Though there is a mysterious cave on the upper part of that map, and a lot of 'fogginess' that I suppose means there might be routes but it would be difficult for a dragon to use them.
Plague/Arcane
experiment you-
Plague/Arcane
experiment you-
[url][/url]Untitled-Artwork.gif
geez,plague really mad.
unlike fire,who seems to be in the middle with only three or four neighbors
I said it once,and I will say it again.Fire and water seem to be getting along like bread and butter,lol.Why else would water make a beach RIGHT NEXT to fire?
geez,plague really mad.
unlike fire,who seems to be in the middle with only three or four neighbors
I said it once,and I will say it again.Fire and water seem to be getting along like bread and butter,lol.Why else would water make a beach RIGHT NEXT to fire?
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif

It took me a while to realize, but Plague's border with the Water region can be seen extending onto the underwater layer. You can see some of the bones!

It took me a while to realize, but Plague's border with the Water region can be seen extending onto the underwater layer. You can see some of the bones!
7zcCDc4.png[/center]

zHJbm3H.png
[quote name="GlitchedAway" date="2021-03-08 19:35:24" ] Plague/Arcane experiment you- [/quote] Now [i]there's[/i] a disturbing thought.
GlitchedAway wrote on 2021-03-08 19:35:24:
Plague/Arcane
experiment you-
Now there's a disturbing thought.
HzGpUHb.png
Yo thanks for pointing out the Plague/Arcane border! I wrote into my clan lore at some point that one of my Arcane progens got attacked by plague mirrors but never really figured out how that would happen... this map update is genius!
Yo thanks for pointing out the Plague/Arcane border! I wrote into my clan lore at some point that one of my Arcane progens got attacked by plague mirrors but never really figured out how that would happen... this map update is genius!
1xcX4j2.gif
I love that no one's particularly angry with Earth, there's no historical beef there, we were just the ones left behind when everyone else felt they had to go.

Maybe the lore reason Earth does so well in Dominance is that we start from a place of neutrality while the other flights are all starting from places of conflict - if no one's grudge is especially volatile on a given week, we win by default?

Catch us carving our pile of gemstones into BFF necklaces for all the other flights - they're kinda jagged and dumpy but everyone takes them because they feel guilty.
I love that no one's particularly angry with Earth, there's no historical beef there, we were just the ones left behind when everyone else felt they had to go.

Maybe the lore reason Earth does so well in Dominance is that we start from a place of neutrality while the other flights are all starting from places of conflict - if no one's grudge is especially volatile on a given week, we win by default?

Catch us carving our pile of gemstones into BFF necklaces for all the other flights - they're kinda jagged and dumpy but everyone takes them because they feel guilty.
excuse me, i love lore and saw this post and got really excited-

so, as we can see and know, Wind has really high territories because they use breezes to fly high, and they prefer the air, so it makes sense for them to have to tall areas. Which is why, i think it's so interesting that the Wind/Plague border is so steeply cut off by both huge cliffsides and (compared to other territories,) a large river/expanse of water. My point in case:

You may point out that's just their borders since they have, as mentioned before, steep cliffs for their residence. But also consider this spot on the border for the wind/fire border:

maybe it's natural that there's the closeness with the cliffs, but i also would point out the hot air balloons. I think that's a way to help bring over fire dragons ho wish to visit.

We already know that wind and water get along well, seeing as the coliseum venue Bamboo Falls and the Singer's Brook coincide with each other. I feel like they would get along well and treat each other fairly.

Another point I want to make: Plague doesn't have anything to welcome them. So, in the end, we know that wind dragons are pretty tolerant and like the other flights. We know that they have the naturally high borders, but they usually accommodate each flight as well as they can. Except Plague. I personally think that wind dragons wouldn't straight up shun plague dragons, due to their tolerable nature, but they may not be as kind or accommodating to them.

Take it all with a grain of salt though, this thread has been a joy to read through so far :)
excuse me, i love lore and saw this post and got really excited-

so, as we can see and know, Wind has really high territories because they use breezes to fly high, and they prefer the air, so it makes sense for them to have to tall areas. Which is why, i think it's so interesting that the Wind/Plague border is so steeply cut off by both huge cliffsides and (compared to other territories,) a large river/expanse of water. My point in case:

You may point out that's just their borders since they have, as mentioned before, steep cliffs for their residence. But also consider this spot on the border for the wind/fire border:

maybe it's natural that there's the closeness with the cliffs, but i also would point out the hot air balloons. I think that's a way to help bring over fire dragons ho wish to visit.

We already know that wind and water get along well, seeing as the coliseum venue Bamboo Falls and the Singer's Brook coincide with each other. I feel like they would get along well and treat each other fairly.

Another point I want to make: Plague doesn't have anything to welcome them. So, in the end, we know that wind dragons are pretty tolerant and like the other flights. We know that they have the naturally high borders, but they usually accommodate each flight as well as they can. Except Plague. I personally think that wind dragons wouldn't straight up shun plague dragons, due to their tolerable nature, but they may not be as kind or accommodating to them.

Take it all with a grain of salt though, this thread has been a joy to read through so far :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7