Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on the new Koi gene?
1 2 3 4 5
I like the glitters, but the gene looks a bit awkward in its placement and execution.
I like the glitters, but the gene looks a bit awkward in its placement and execution.
It might be nice if it took up a little less of the dragon, but that is a minor fault in something I otherwise ADORE.

It’s not just big colour splotches; there’s a nice colour variation within each patch. I love the sparkle and the unexpected accent colours (such as the coral-stonewash gradient patches in Ivory). It’s beautiful and several of my dragons need it. Definitely deserves to be a gem gene, unlike underwhelming terts like Stained and Glowtail.
It might be nice if it took up a little less of the dragon, but that is a minor fault in something I otherwise ADORE.

It’s not just big colour splotches; there’s a nice colour variation within each patch. I love the sparkle and the unexpected accent colours (such as the coral-stonewash gradient patches in Ivory). It’s beautiful and several of my dragons need it. Definitely deserves to be a gem gene, unlike underwhelming terts like Stained and Glowtail.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Nice.
Nice.
I like it, but I feel like it looks better/more natural on some breeds/poses. On m-pose wildclaws for example it looks like there's a glittery cloud sticker on their wings and I can't say I'm a fan of that look, but that's great for the people who've been buying uma's with that effect for years. Most of the accent color matching scries look really good though no matter the breed. Like XXY copper with spruce koi and some of the new actual koi scries people are putting together.
I like it, but I feel like it looks better/more natural on some breeds/poses. On m-pose wildclaws for example it looks like there's a glittery cloud sticker on their wings and I can't say I'm a fan of that look, but that's great for the people who've been buying uma's with that effect for years. Most of the accent color matching scries look really good though no matter the breed. Like XXY copper with spruce koi and some of the new actual koi scries people are putting together.
Like a lot of people were saying, we were desperately lacking in two-toned tert options and I appreciate this gene for that reason. I'm not sure if I'd agree with the name they picked for it, since I've had trouble matching it with that classic orange-white-black koi appearance. The scale texture also threw me off at first but now it's growing on me. I can see myself buying this gene if I wasn't on a tight budget.
Like a lot of people were saying, we were desperately lacking in two-toned tert options and I appreciate this gene for that reason. I'm not sure if I'd agree with the name they picked for it, since I've had trouble matching it with that classic orange-white-black koi appearance. The scale texture also threw me off at first but now it's growing on me. I can see myself buying this gene if I wasn't on a tight budget.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
i really love it! i've wished for two-toned terts before so i'm super hyped we finally got one. maybe its because i collect g1s and it means more g1 color combos can be saved lol? i can imagine how this might be annoying for breeding because the two-toned aspect makes it unpredictable

only con for me is i wish it was a baldwin gene instead of gem u.u
i really love it! i've wished for two-toned terts before so i'm super hyped we finally got one. maybe its because i collect g1s and it means more g1 color combos can be saved lol? i can imagine how this might be annoying for breeding because the two-toned aspect makes it unpredictable

only con for me is i wish it was a baldwin gene instead of gem u.u
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

I love it. Two toned terts with sparkle...gimme! I think it works particularly well with fade and blend.
I love it. Two toned terts with sparkle...gimme! I think it works particularly well with fade and blend.
It's very, very situational, but still well made and has its (few) good uses. Far from Keel or Glowtail, it's closer to Ringlets in that you'll need a gene project to make it work.
It's very, very situational, but still well made and has its (few) good uses. Far from Keel or Glowtail, it's closer to Ringlets in that you'll need a gene project to make it work.
QYzhmAi.png
[quote name="Luce" date="2021-03-01 03:47:52" ] Like a lot of people were saying, we were desperately lacking in two-toned tert options and I appreciate this gene for that reason. I'm not sure if I'd agree with the name they picked for it, since I've had trouble matching it with that classic orange-white-black koi appearance. The scale texture also threw me off at first but now it's growing on me. I can see myself buying this gene if I wasn't on a tight budget. [/quote] "Scabs" didn't sound right ;-D (I can't see the koi-ness, honestly, but it makes wicked scabs, lichen, moss, vitiligo, clouds etc.)
Luce wrote on 2021-03-01 03:47:52:
"Scabs" didn't sound right ;-D (I can't see the koi-ness, honestly, but it makes wicked scabs, lichen, moss, vitiligo, clouds etc.)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[center]I've found it to look pretty great on Star/Con dragons, and already suckered myself into getting two copies for these beauties: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67515139][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/675152/67515139_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67490493][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674905/67490493_350.png[/img][/url] I've found that it's kinda difficult to make a lot of scries that I like with it, but I think with time, people will come up with some really sick combos that I'll have to have. I enjoy how the gene is...glittery(?), and man, does it make some of the less-used colors pop and shine.[/center]
I've found it to look pretty great on Star/Con dragons, and already suckered myself into getting two copies for these beauties:

67515139_350.png

67490493_350.png

I've found that it's kinda difficult to make a lot of scries that I like with it, but I think with time, people will come up with some really sick combos that I'll have to have. I enjoy how the gene is...glittery(?), and man, does it make some of the less-used colors pop and shine.
ZhydIqY.png
1 2 3 4 5