Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on the new Koi gene?
1 2 3 4 5
I love it... pethaps too much as I went and bought 4 dragonsd and immediately koi'd them up <_<
I love it... pethaps too much as I went and bought 4 dragonsd and immediately koi'd them up <_<
[quote name="After" date="2021-02-28 21:15:20" ] i love it and i'm SUPER stoked that we finally have a tert that throws in some completely new accent colors! [/quote] Shame it's a gem gene so it's super expensive and slightly more fiddly to breed. Also I'm still struggling with not scrying veils for the first time since release.
After wrote on 2021-02-28 21:15:20:
i love it and i'm SUPER stoked that we finally have a tert that throws in some completely new accent colors!

Shame it's a gem gene so it's super expensive and slightly more fiddly to breed. Also I'm still struggling with not scrying veils for the first time since release.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
I love it. We needed more two tone terts. It also grants a long time want. Fun fact about Piebald and Paint: the reason it's a primary/secondary pair is because the choice of what type of gene it should be was put up to a poll in 2015. Tert lost. I voted for tert. I've been wanting something in the shape of Koi for years. Though what exactly Koi is isn't what I was expecting.

And you know what? I don't mind. It's very versatile. It can be used to create a wide range of looks. It's pretty and just a little sparkly. It saved my custom progen from becoming a scatter project. Koi has just been around for a day and it's already one of my favorite genes.
I love it. We needed more two tone terts. It also grants a long time want. Fun fact about Piebald and Paint: the reason it's a primary/secondary pair is because the choice of what type of gene it should be was put up to a poll in 2015. Tert lost. I voted for tert. I've been wanting something in the shape of Koi for years. Though what exactly Koi is isn't what I was expecting.

And you know what? I don't mind. It's very versatile. It can be used to create a wide range of looks. It's pretty and just a little sparkly. It saved my custom progen from becoming a scatter project. Koi has just been around for a day and it's already one of my favorite genes.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I like it! I'm sad it can't salvage my custom progen's bubblegum tert, but I've found one dragon it looks perfect on, and I'm sure I'll find more. I'm looking forward to its spread through the dragon population!
I like it! I'm sad it can't salvage my custom progen's bubblegum tert, but I've found one dragon it looks perfect on, and I'm sure I'll find more. I'm looking forward to its spread through the dragon population!
LOVE IS INEFFICIENT. GET BACK TO WORK.
Very hot. Love it
Very hot. Love it

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

shiny.. colorful... love it so much
shiny.. colorful... love it so much
I like that it's a tert with accent colours, which was sorely needed (we really only had peacock and filigree if you count the gems)

I don't *dislike* it, but I can't say I love it either. I feel like it's heavily situational. It would definitely look better on XXY dragons, I think.

However I'm really glad that it looks good on dragons with a basic primary and secondary. Maybe it'll encourage people to appreciate the simplicity of basic!
I like that it's a tert with accent colours, which was sorely needed (we really only had peacock and filigree if you count the gems)

I don't *dislike* it, but I can't say I love it either. I feel like it's heavily situational. It would definitely look better on XXY dragons, I think.

However I'm really glad that it looks good on dragons with a basic primary and secondary. Maybe it'll encourage people to appreciate the simplicity of basic!
Stix | he/him | FR+3 | Avatar
it's very very good, can be used for plague dragons as mold/scabs, nature dragons as moss, as snow for ice dragons, Oilslick looks like lava, and there are many pink/purple/blue shinies for arcane and shadow. not to mention the eyeburner potential is hOoo0OoO
it's very very good, can be used for plague dragons as mold/scabs, nature dragons as moss, as snow for ice dragons, Oilslick looks like lava, and there are many pink/purple/blue shinies for arcane and shadow. not to mention the eyeburner potential is hOoo0OoO
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
It's alright.
It's alright.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
First impression had me thinking it looked pretty bad and weird on a dragon but I've seen some examples and it's a pretty cool gene! I'll probably get a couple dragons with it eventually :)
First impression had me thinking it looked pretty bad and weird on a dragon but I've seen some examples and it's a pretty cool gene! I'll probably get a couple dragons with it eventually :)
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
1 2 3 4 5