Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gentle reminder to-
1 2 3 4
get oFF your butts and get down to lore writing!!! If you needed a sign, this is it.

Yes, I am sinful and I admit that I've been proKarstinating for 5 years on writing my lore but it's mainly because it takes a lot of time for me to do proper research for everything. Sure, I can easily write lore for my dragons but when it comes to my clan lore.....everything needs to be perfect. That means geology, hydrogeology, ecology, zoology, botany, climatology, geography, history, history of art, language, theology and fashion ALL need to be accounted for, and you can imagine how much time and effort that actually requires. I just downloaded like 20 new books on Egypt.

Down below are some of my personal notes that I use for thorough research of the biota of Egypt but you can easily go through the databases and look up any part of the world. Gods, I love knowledge, especially when it's available, and it should be available more often.

>help with navigation

get oFF your butts and get down to lore writing!!! If you needed a sign, this is it.

Yes, I am sinful and I admit that I've been proKarstinating for 5 years on writing my lore but it's mainly because it takes a lot of time for me to do proper research for everything. Sure, I can easily write lore for my dragons but when it comes to my clan lore.....everything needs to be perfect. That means geology, hydrogeology, ecology, zoology, botany, climatology, geography, history, history of art, language, theology and fashion ALL need to be accounted for, and you can imagine how much time and effort that actually requires. I just downloaded like 20 new books on Egypt.

Down below are some of my personal notes that I use for thorough research of the biota of Egypt but you can easily go through the databases and look up any part of the world. Gods, I love knowledge, especially when it's available, and it should be available more often.

>help with navigation

Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Thank you! *salutes*
My lore is based off North Florida in climate and aminals, but I look at your guides and like them! I think your lore and worldbuilding are intricate and just plain neat!
Thank you! *salutes*
My lore is based off North Florida in climate and aminals, but I look at your guides and like them! I think your lore and worldbuilding are intricate and just plain neat!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Bold of you to assume that I plan to write lore.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="buggy101" date="2021-02-04 19:22:39" ] Bold of you to assume that I plan to write lore. [/quote] [color=indigo] Me after deciding to yeet my overly complex lore out a window. But I really like your lore Natron, you're really great at worldbuilding.
buggy101 wrote on 2021-02-04 19:22:39:

Me after deciding to yeet my overly complex lore out a window.

But I really like your lore Natron, you're really great at worldbuilding.
jCVhFoZ.gif
The problem is I have other things to write. More pressing stuff, because it's for roleplaying and stuff.

...what do you mean I should be writing those too
The problem is I have other things to write. More pressing stuff, because it's for roleplaying and stuff.

...what do you mean I should be writing those too
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Gods, you are all so valid. Don't worry, if you haven't actually been planning on making any lore whatsoever, that's completely fine. Loreless clans are totally valid!!

Also @wyraj AAAAAA thank you so much, that means a lot to me! It is an ever-evolving WIP that somehow just keeps growing instead of getting better.
Gods, you are all so valid. Don't worry, if you haven't actually been planning on making any lore whatsoever, that's completely fine. Loreless clans are totally valid!!

Also @wyraj AAAAAA thank you so much, that means a lot to me! It is an ever-evolving WIP that somehow just keeps growing instead of getting better.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Thankyou so much! I should probably reference those somewhat as my clan is in a desert, though its based more on Australian deserts. Idk if its that much different between the two deserts (besides plants and animals) but i better check just incase!

Thankyou so much! I should probably reference those somewhat as my clan is in a desert, though its based more on Australian deserts. Idk if its that much different between the two deserts (besides plants and animals) but i better check just incase!

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
ooh resources!!

i'll finish the cultists' lore... eventually.... i mean hey, i did complete the main part of one cultist's bio a week or so ago! thanks for reminding me to finish it instead of getting distracted by drawing :p (and then once i finish his, i have to start on the cult leader's side of the story, because the two are connected... sigh)

i also want each important lair/den tab to have a different bio format for its lore-bearing dragons! i've got it all figured out for the cult tab, and i know the way i want the info for the blasters to be presented, but i need to find a nice bio layout to house it. perhaps the lightning tab could take a page out of the clan leader's book, and a journal-entry style could work for all the space dragons instead of just the planned five...

(cue "and here's where i'd put my lore - IF I HAD ANY")
ooh resources!!

i'll finish the cultists' lore... eventually.... i mean hey, i did complete the main part of one cultist's bio a week or so ago! thanks for reminding me to finish it instead of getting distracted by drawing :p (and then once i finish his, i have to start on the cult leader's side of the story, because the two are connected... sigh)

i also want each important lair/den tab to have a different bio format for its lore-bearing dragons! i've got it all figured out for the cult tab, and i know the way i want the info for the blasters to be presented, but i need to find a nice bio layout to house it. perhaps the lightning tab could take a page out of the clan leader's book, and a journal-entry style could work for all the space dragons instead of just the planned five...

(cue "and here's where i'd put my lore - IF I HAD ANY")
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
yee es this i must do
yee es this i must do
FOR EXAMPLE, I am currently making a comprehensive list of all plants of Egypt with pretty images which I will use as a reference to create a believable ecosystem and the file sort of looks like this [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730766440210235492/807107773841932349/unknown.png[/img]
FOR EXAMPLE, I am currently making a comprehensive list of all plants of Egypt with pretty images which I will use as a reference to create a believable ecosystem and the file sort of looks like this

unknown.png
1 2 3 4