Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone else mildly bothered by...
1 2 3
@keet, to me it looks like the mane is affected the same way across all four current breeds of maned moderns? (Imperial, Tundra, Skydancer, Pearlcatcher).

I know a lot of people adore the polkadots and want them on moderns, and I get that, but I'd also really just like a nice way to darken and lighten the manes of ancient breeds while keeping them simple and basic-looking...
@keet, to me it looks like the mane is affected the same way across all four current breeds of maned moderns? (Imperial, Tundra, Skydancer, Pearlcatcher).

I know a lot of people adore the polkadots and want them on moderns, and I get that, but I'd also really just like a nice way to darken and lighten the manes of ancient breeds while keeping them simple and basic-looking...
> White Sclera Eye Type
> Let Level 25 Dragons Equip Two Energy Stones
> Area-of-Effect Spell for Mages
> Black Blood variants of Scratch, Shred, and Eliminate
> NPC Abilities (Pollen!Meditate and Bite!Scratch) for Dragons
> Elemental Curses (guaranteed debuff, no damage) for Coli
> Add The Unused Upgrades for Scratch and Meditate
@Rogue
lollllllllll you are not alone 100%

I just saw that and was like ?????????????????? OLD?????

@schafpanda

my impression may be from how those breeds have different poses which affects how I see gene layout on them and for some reason hex might be more noticable to me, at the bare minimum I always see tundras as an outliar due to how their coat works, but you may be right
@Rogue
lollllllllll you are not alone 100%

I just saw that and was like ?????????????????? OLD?????

@schafpanda

my impression may be from how those breeds have different poses which affects how I see gene layout on them and for some reason hex might be more noticable to me, at the bare minimum I always see tundras as an outliar due to how their coat works, but you may be right
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
choccy chip icecream
choccy chip icecream
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="keet" date="2021-01-22 19:40:38" ] [quote name="Cruelty" date="2021-01-22 19:25:04" ] since modern giraffe/hex are so [b]old[/b] [/quote] me who still thinks of giraffe/hex as a new gene cuz I remember when they came out: [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/044/032/heart-attack.jpg[/img] [/quote] Oh god, how long have I been on this site... That said, given Ancient genes can only work on that one Ancient breed, I don't think the genes have to look as uniform as they do across Modern breeds. The breeds are supposed to have more varied interpretations, so I would assume the genes would need to as well.
keet wrote on 2021-01-22 19:40:38:
Cruelty wrote on 2021-01-22 19:25:04:
since modern giraffe/hex are so old

me who still thinks of giraffe/hex as a new gene cuz I remember when they came out:
heart-attack.jpg
Oh god, how long have I been on this site...

That said, given Ancient genes can only work on that one Ancient breed, I don't think the genes have to look as uniform as they do across Modern breeds. The breeds are supposed to have more varied interpretations, so I would assume the genes would need to as well.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="keet" date="2021-01-22 19:40:38" ] [quote name="Cruelty" date="2021-01-22 19:25:04" ] since modern giraffe/hex are so [b]old[/b] [/quote] me who still thinks of giraffe/hex as a new gene cuz I remember when they came out: [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/044/032/heart-attack.jpg[/img] [/quote] Me, responding to this thread without it even registering that Giraffe/Hex is new to Veilspuns.
keet wrote on 2021-01-22 19:40:38:
Cruelty wrote on 2021-01-22 19:25:04:
since modern giraffe/hex are so old

me who still thinks of giraffe/hex as a new gene cuz I remember when they came out:
heart-attack.jpg

Me, responding to this thread without it even registering that Giraffe/Hex is new to Veilspuns.
lGriifT.png
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-01-22 19:35:38" ] [quote name="snugglebug" date="2021-01-22 19:18:07" ] this exists on all gaoler hatchling genes. its a a fade where the body/wing genes mix, like the gradient fade on guardian female's shoulders. [/quote] While that is a thing on guardians I just dont think thats intentional because that part is their chest fluff which is not near the start of their wings [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=91&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=64&auth=75d585b422f12b9fc39b8423a4d2cd2964fa7cc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] edit: it might be but if it is on purpose, thats still really weird looking, this pose is hard to make sense of visually, As a sillhouette it looks like a sack of potatoes why would they put a gradient there at all? its all fur [/quote] It's a gradient between primary and secondary genes, since they don't have a distinct "mane"- they're all fur.
Kapow wrote on 2021-01-22 19:35:38:
snugglebug wrote on 2021-01-22 19:18:07:
this exists on all gaoler hatchling genes. its a a fade where the body/wing genes mix, like the gradient fade on guardian female's shoulders.
While that is a thing on guardians
I just dont think thats intentional because that part is their chest fluff which is not near the start of their wings
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=91&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=64&auth=75d585b422f12b9fc39b8423a4d2cd2964fa7cc5&dummyext=prev.png
edit: it might be but if it is on purpose,
thats still really weird looking,
this pose is hard to make sense of visually,
As a sillhouette it looks like a sack of potatoes
why would they put a gradient there at all? its all fur
It's a gradient between primary and secondary genes, since they don't have a distinct "mane"- they're all fur.
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
yeah, I am annoyed by inconsistencies in genes. I get it, veils have long mane and you gotta do somethig with it... but idk make gene that suits it? like web? rather than changing existing one
yeah, I am annoyed by inconsistencies in genes. I get it, veils have long mane and you gotta do somethig with it... but idk make gene that suits it? like web? rather than changing existing one
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
[quote name="Stormhawke" date="2021-01-22 19:08:43" ]whatever Hex is doing to the Veilspun mane just doesn't make sense to me. It's long flowing hair, and giving it spots just doesn't compute in my brain. I'd much rather see some variation in strands, or something that flows with the hair.[/quote] I feel the same way--I have the same problem with the veil genes hypnotic, loop, and web.
Stormhawke wrote on 2021-01-22 19:08:43:
whatever Hex is doing to the Veilspun mane just doesn't make sense to me. It's long flowing hair, and giving it spots just doesn't compute in my brain. I'd much rather see some variation in strands, or something that flows with the hair.
I feel the same way--I have the same problem with the veil genes hypnotic, loop, and web.
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
1 2 3