Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite genes and why?
1 2 3 4
PinTrail, because the colors and pattern are just so gorgeous.

Skink, because I love that stripey accent color line so much.

Savannah, because it's got a great pattern and is wonderful to use when you don't want to bring in accent colors.

Python for when you don't want the underside of the dragon to look different, or when you need to darken down a color. Looks equally great on everyone, excellent.

FadeBlend, for times when you want an accent color but also simplicity.

RaggedTear, because the pattern is gorgeous and the accent colors sometimes bring out a look that no other genes will.

Skeletal, Diaphanous, Branches, Blossom, and Flecks are my favorite Ancient terts.

Scales and Crackle, because they add such great texture when it works; I almost always try scrying with Scales and Crackle first these days, and while I don't always end up sticking with it, I've found some beautiful scries that way.

Bee, goes with everything. Glimmer/Underbelly same, incredibly versatile. Capsule for when Glimmer and Underbelly just won't quite work, but I'm pickier about which breeds I'll use it for.

Noxtide, absolutely beautiful, great, wonderful accent colors.

Striation, good for beautiful simplicity, but I love it most when there are color changes and accents brought in.

Opal and Peacock are the tert-savers of the new generation. Bringing in those accent colors saves a whole lot of terts and makes great designs.

Runes, simple and glowy. I like glowy, and it's very versatile with tert color.

There are plenty more that I like a lot but this list is way too long already.
PinTrail, because the colors and pattern are just so gorgeous.

Skink, because I love that stripey accent color line so much.

Savannah, because it's got a great pattern and is wonderful to use when you don't want to bring in accent colors.

Python for when you don't want the underside of the dragon to look different, or when you need to darken down a color. Looks equally great on everyone, excellent.

FadeBlend, for times when you want an accent color but also simplicity.

RaggedTear, because the pattern is gorgeous and the accent colors sometimes bring out a look that no other genes will.

Skeletal, Diaphanous, Branches, Blossom, and Flecks are my favorite Ancient terts.

Scales and Crackle, because they add such great texture when it works; I almost always try scrying with Scales and Crackle first these days, and while I don't always end up sticking with it, I've found some beautiful scries that way.

Bee, goes with everything. Glimmer/Underbelly same, incredibly versatile. Capsule for when Glimmer and Underbelly just won't quite work, but I'm pickier about which breeds I'll use it for.

Noxtide, absolutely beautiful, great, wonderful accent colors.

Striation, good for beautiful simplicity, but I love it most when there are color changes and accents brought in.

Opal and Peacock are the tert-savers of the new generation. Bringing in those accent colors saves a whole lot of terts and makes great designs.

Runes, simple and glowy. I like glowy, and it's very versatile with tert color.

There are plenty more that I like a lot but this list is way too long already.
Depends on the dragon honestly.

I love smoke. Fade/blend is great for what they are. Noxtide. Poi/tox. Skink/spin. Iri/shim and mettalloy. Clown. Runes. Capsule. Giraffe/hex. There’s just so many good ones for modern breeds. Pretty much any that features accent colors is a shoo-in.

I tend to be more specific for ancients. I tend to lean towards phantom/spirit or mosaic with blossom, ghost, shardflank for gaos. Chev/arrow, ragged/tear, poi/tox or skink/spin with trimmings or wraith for banes. Veils have such an amazing variety but I tend to lean towards star/con, fade, edged, skin/spin, loop, sphinx/hawk, and shell/web with branches or flecks. Again preference for accent colors.

It’s actually far far easier for me to list the ones I don’t like. Lol
Depends on the dragon honestly.

I love smoke. Fade/blend is great for what they are. Noxtide. Poi/tox. Skink/spin. Iri/shim and mettalloy. Clown. Runes. Capsule. Giraffe/hex. There’s just so many good ones for modern breeds. Pretty much any that features accent colors is a shoo-in.

I tend to be more specific for ancients. I tend to lean towards phantom/spirit or mosaic with blossom, ghost, shardflank for gaos. Chev/arrow, ragged/tear, poi/tox or skink/spin with trimmings or wraith for banes. Veils have such an amazing variety but I tend to lean towards star/con, fade, edged, skin/spin, loop, sphinx/hawk, and shell/web with branches or flecks. Again preference for accent colors.

It’s actually far far easier for me to list the ones I don’t like. Lol
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
My favourite genes are: Iridescent, Crystal, Shimmer, Facet, Underbelly, and Glimmer. I like really simple dragons.

Some other ones I really like are the genes that have an accent colour in them, so Skink and Spinner, Poison and Toxin, Jaguar and Rosette, Pinstripe and Trail, and Petals and Butterfly.

I also really like Giraffe and Hex, and Fade and Blend.
My favourite genes are: Iridescent, Crystal, Shimmer, Facet, Underbelly, and Glimmer. I like really simple dragons.

Some other ones I really like are the genes that have an accent colour in them, so Skink and Spinner, Poison and Toxin, Jaguar and Rosette, Pinstripe and Trail, and Petals and Butterfly.

I also really like Giraffe and Hex, and Fade and Blend.
Please click them!
WWa6x.gif
B7ExU.gif
7XUOU.gif
I love many genes, but iri/shim/stained is physically incapable of looking bad. Like pick literally any colour combo and iri/shim/stained will look good in it.

Also blend/fade is super pretty, as well as star/cons!
I love many genes, but iri/shim/stained is physically incapable of looking bad. Like pick literally any colour combo and iri/shim/stained will look good in it.

Also blend/fade is super pretty, as well as star/cons!
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
The butterfly gene or whatever you call it. I just love slapping it on random dragons!
The butterfly gene or whatever you call it. I just love slapping it on random dragons!
SHADOWBINDER_sig.png
striation because the colors just get so incredibly nice sometimes

capsule, also because it has nice colors & is prettier than underbelly/glimmer

stained bc there's just so much you can do with it, i love coming up with funky combos

metalloy bc they play really nicely with stained, they're super versatile & alloy on f faes is especially cool
striation because the colors just get so incredibly nice sometimes

capsule, also because it has nice colors & is prettier than underbelly/glimmer

stained bc there's just so much you can do with it, i love coming up with funky combos

metalloy bc they play really nicely with stained, they're super versatile & alloy on f faes is especially cool
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Pin/Trail, Stained, and Capsule are my favorites. I also really like Star/Con, Ghost, and Stri/Tapir :)
Pin/Trail, Stained, and Capsule are my favorites. I also really like Star/Con, Ghost, and Stri/Tapir :)
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
Keeping in mind that I'm a gen1 collector..

Primaries:

Python because of the contrast it gives to so many colors
Cherub due to the patterns and contrast
Wasp due to its shininess and flow of color
Jaguar because I like how it highlights the face

Secondaries:

Bee because of how it darkens or lightens the color depending on the breed (especially coatls and wildclaws)
Morph for the same reason as python- I like the contrast
Butterfly due to the pretty colors that can appear. I love how it flows on coatls

Tertiaries:

Stained due to the the unique colors and tones that can be created (esp with green primaries)
Capsule because it often alters the color enough to match the rest of the dragon's colors and/or brings out a hidden hue. It's also more shiny than underbelly but less solid than glimmer (like on horns)

I will always have some exceptions. Although I really love python bee/morph stain combos. Why? Often the dark counterparts brought out through the genes end up looking like a faux double with stains. This creates an even color palette I can use to add apparel onto while giving a more unique coloration!
Keeping in mind that I'm a gen1 collector..

Primaries:

Python because of the contrast it gives to so many colors
Cherub due to the patterns and contrast
Wasp due to its shininess and flow of color
Jaguar because I like how it highlights the face

Secondaries:

Bee because of how it darkens or lightens the color depending on the breed (especially coatls and wildclaws)
Morph for the same reason as python- I like the contrast
Butterfly due to the pretty colors that can appear. I love how it flows on coatls

Tertiaries:

Stained due to the the unique colors and tones that can be created (esp with green primaries)
Capsule because it often alters the color enough to match the rest of the dragon's colors and/or brings out a hidden hue. It's also more shiny than underbelly but less solid than glimmer (like on horns)

I will always have some exceptions. Although I really love python bee/morph stain combos. Why? Often the dark counterparts brought out through the genes end up looking like a faux double with stains. This creates an even color palette I can use to add apparel onto while giving a more unique coloration!
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
Metallic/alloy, starmap/constellation, wasp/bee, crystal/facet, capsule, Opal, thylacine, stained & firefly, basically the majority/only genes you’ll see in my lair. I love a lot of genes, but these are my favs
Metallic/alloy, starmap/constellation, wasp/bee, crystal/facet, capsule, Opal, thylacine, stained & firefly, basically the majority/only genes you’ll see in my lair. I love a lot of genes, but these are my favs
Untitled_Artwork.png
Pin/Trail!!!!!!! I LOVE these genes, they look so good on just absolutely any dragon any color. A life safer of so many dragons....

Python/Morph can be pretty nice too, typically in darker colors.
Skink is nice! I like Skink, lizard gene.... Spinner not so much.
Capsule is also a really good tert saver, it just always kinda looks good tbh? Never seen a bad capsule use.
Constellation but ONLY on Veilspun. I LOVE it so so so much.... the long glittery hair is to die for and looks gorgeous every time.
Pin/Trail!!!!!!! I LOVE these genes, they look so good on just absolutely any dragon any color. A life safer of so many dragons....

Python/Morph can be pretty nice too, typically in darker colors.
Skink is nice! I like Skink, lizard gene.... Spinner not so much.
Capsule is also a really good tert saver, it just always kinda looks good tbh? Never seen a bad capsule use.
Constellation but ONLY on Veilspun. I LOVE it so so so much.... the long glittery hair is to die for and looks gorgeous every time.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4