Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The thing with Ancient Dragons
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Bogsneaky" date="2020-11-28 13:21:03" ] [quote name="helsy" date="2020-11-28 10:15:29" ] pretty sure the plague one is gonna break the mould a lot, since thats what was in plans for mirrors initially [/quote] I will literally die if ours isn’t super freaky [/quote] Yeah, Plagues Ancient should be super freaky^^
Bogsneaky wrote on 2020-11-28 13:21:03:
helsy wrote on 2020-11-28 10:15:29:
pretty sure the plague one is gonna break the mould a lot, since thats what was in plans for mirrors initially
I will literally die if ours isn’t super freaky

Yeah, Plagues Ancient should be super freaky^^
egg.gif
@AoiNoRyuu

I think they make ancients so they can release new dragon breeds, imagine making all the apparel fitting a new breed and making it for two genders, also I guess it's just your opinion, I don't see anything bad with a hydra, wyrm,drake or wyvern and a lot of people don't mind at all too. The only thing that makes me feel weird is like, why gaolers have fur ? This just doesn't seem right, reptile with a fur ? ;O
@AoiNoRyuu

I think they make ancients so they can release new dragon breeds, imagine making all the apparel fitting a new breed and making it for two genders, also I guess it's just your opinion, I don't see anything bad with a hydra, wyrm,drake or wyvern and a lot of people don't mind at all too. The only thing that makes me feel weird is like, why gaolers have fur ? This just doesn't seem right, reptile with a fur ? ;O
Be a solid, good person, and help raise these poor babs !
Ignore if you are a bad person and want them to DIE painfully
svC4I.gifcfmE4.gifBPHOV.gifaIyoK.gif
A click is all they need ! ^ω^
Also waiting for a thunder flight ancient ! ARGH ITZ GONNA BE SO KOOL
Also waiting for a thunder flight ancient ! ARGH ITZ GONNA BE SO KOOL
Be a solid, good person, and help raise these poor babs !
Ignore if you are a bad person and want them to DIE painfully
svC4I.gifcfmE4.gifBPHOV.gifaIyoK.gif
A click is all they need ! ^ω^
[quote name="CrystalDragon14" date="2020-11-27 00:46:16" ] [quote name="MaskofKeter" date="2020-11-26 01:37:43" ] Plus, they also have unique outline-breaking genes which no Modern will ever have, so there's that. [/quote] [i]spines[/i] [/quote] Spines barely comes out of the body. People wanted the spines to be longer (something akin to Porcupine), and staff said they couldn't because it would break apparel too much. Spines as it is already breaks some apparel a bit. Firefly is also outline-breaking, as is Gembond, but Firefly is so faint and is supposed to represent bugs so it's not a deal breaker for apparel, and Gembond also barely leaves the lines (like Spines). Ancient line-breaking terts [b]really[/b] break the outline. Porcupine [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=49&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=221a6e342c0b82cad163039d17dc774f35cad983&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Spines [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=29&tertgene=8&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=2b9823137364a4fd81453fe4f73274444dca02e8&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
CrystalDragon14 wrote on 2020-11-27 00:46:16:
MaskofKeter wrote on 2020-11-26 01:37:43:
Plus, they also have unique outline-breaking genes which no Modern will ever have, so there's that.
spines

Spines barely comes out of the body. People wanted the spines to be longer (something akin to Porcupine), and staff said they couldn't because it would break apparel too much. Spines as it is already breaks some apparel a bit. Firefly is also outline-breaking, as is Gembond, but Firefly is so faint and is supposed to represent bugs so it's not a deal breaker for apparel, and Gembond also barely leaves the lines (like Spines). Ancient line-breaking terts really break the outline.

Porcupine
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=49&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=221a6e342c0b82cad163039d17dc774f35cad983&dummyext=prev.png

Spines
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=29&tertgene=8&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=2b9823137364a4fd81453fe4f73274444dca02e8&dummyext=prev.png
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Another thing to consider is that the dragons don't have to be lacking limbs to be mold-breaking. Veilspuns? Sure, they have all legs and wings accounted for, but the freedom from needing to wear apparel means that their poses and designs can be completely different. One of the other limitations of modern breeds is that not only do they have to have 2 legs/2 arms/2 wings, those all have to be visible enough for apparel to look decent on them. Imagine trying to draw neck apparel for a veilspun. It would be disastrous! So the artists get more freedom in pose and extras, not just in the amount of legs.

Realistically, there aren't an overwhelmingly large amount of limb-related things that can be done. You can remove the legs, the wings, the arms, or something in between, or you can add more wings. We've got a wyvern (banes). How many more ancient wyverns could we get before it becomes 'meh, seen that already'?

Personally, a completely limbless dragon would get a 'meh' from me, at best, because I can already get limbless reptiles in RL. I prefer the legs/arms/wings model.
Another thing to consider is that the dragons don't have to be lacking limbs to be mold-breaking. Veilspuns? Sure, they have all legs and wings accounted for, but the freedom from needing to wear apparel means that their poses and designs can be completely different. One of the other limitations of modern breeds is that not only do they have to have 2 legs/2 arms/2 wings, those all have to be visible enough for apparel to look decent on them. Imagine trying to draw neck apparel for a veilspun. It would be disastrous! So the artists get more freedom in pose and extras, not just in the amount of legs.

Realistically, there aren't an overwhelmingly large amount of limb-related things that can be done. You can remove the legs, the wings, the arms, or something in between, or you can add more wings. We've got a wyvern (banes). How many more ancient wyverns could we get before it becomes 'meh, seen that already'?

Personally, a completely limbless dragon would get a 'meh' from me, at best, because I can already get limbless reptiles in RL. I prefer the legs/arms/wings model.
mkpoaHZ.png
1 2 3 4 5