Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thinking of Changing my UN
I've grown out of my username. I made it on a whim when I first signed up to FR, after a doodle of a snake I'd made. But I've changed since then - I want my UN to reflect me and my lair more, and my tastes. I love aquatic things, so I want it to relate to that somehow. But now for the issue - I don't know what to choose! I have a few ideas (and I've been checking to see what names are taken and what are free), and I can't decide! I guess I'm looking for opinions, and maybe even suggestions? There's too many fish and aquatic-creatures to choose from. [LIST=1] [*]Hippotang (Not my favourite fish, but I like the sound of it!) [b]2 vote[/b] [*]something involving 'Carcharodon' (just 'Carcharodon' has been taken by a dead account) [*]Tilapia (okay, I know that it's a fish usually eaten as food, but I met a pet tilapia in a store once and he had so much personality!) [b]1 vote[/b] [*]SlickSalmon (there's [i]a lot[/i] of users with 'salmon' in their names, but I'm trying to be unique lol I also love salmon) [*]CobraGuppy (akin to my current UN, but also green cobra guppies are so cool looking and it reflects my tastes more) [*]PeaPuffer (a super interesting and cute fish) [b]1 vote[/b] [*]SilverArowana (another cool fish) [*]TriopsKing (something unique, but again kind of akin to my current UN) [*]Hippocampi (mythological Greek horses of the sea) [*]Ogopogo (think Loch Ness Monster, except it's Canadian. And since I'm Canadian, I actually really like the idea of using this name... There's a dead account with this name already, so I might have to play with it a bit unfortunately) [/LIST] I might add more if I think of any... This just feels like a big change, and I want to be certain I'll be happy with it. Edit: Added some more names, and I think I'll make note of how many people like the different names... might help bring me to a decision [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
I've grown out of my username. I made it on a whim when I first signed up to FR, after a doodle of a snake I'd made. But I've changed since then - I want my UN to reflect me and my lair more, and my tastes. I love aquatic things, so I want it to relate to that somehow. But now for the issue - I don't know what to choose! I have a few ideas (and I've been checking to see what names are taken and what are free), and I can't decide! I guess I'm looking for opinions, and maybe even suggestions? There's too many fish and aquatic-creatures to choose from.
  1. Hippotang (Not my favourite fish, but I like the sound of it!) 2 vote
  2. something involving 'Carcharodon' (just 'Carcharodon' has been taken by a dead account)
  3. Tilapia (okay, I know that it's a fish usually eaten as food, but I met a pet tilapia in a store once and he had so much personality!) 1 vote
  4. SlickSalmon (there's a lot of users with 'salmon' in their names, but I'm trying to be unique lol I also love salmon)
  5. CobraGuppy (akin to my current UN, but also green cobra guppies are so cool looking and it reflects my tastes more)
  6. PeaPuffer (a super interesting and cute fish) 1 vote
  7. SilverArowana (another cool fish)
  8. TriopsKing (something unique, but again kind of akin to my current UN)
  9. Hippocampi (mythological Greek horses of the sea)
  10. Ogopogo (think Loch Ness Monster, except it's Canadian. And since I'm Canadian, I actually really like the idea of using this name... There's a dead account with this name already, so I might have to play with it a bit unfortunately)

I might add more if I think of any... This just feels like a big change, and I want to be certain I'll be happy with it.

Edit: Added some more names, and I think I'll make note of how many people like the different names... might help bring me to a decision
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
You want a fishy new name? How about "Feeesh", lol.

On a serious note: I haven't checked any of these to see if they are taken in any sort of variant, but they might also be fun...

BlueMarlin
Whaleshark (my favorite sea creature~)
Rhincodon (the genus whale sharks are in)
Maybe pick up a name relating to a water themed god or mythology like Poseidon or one of these: water deities
You want a fishy new name? How about "Feeesh", lol.

On a serious note: I haven't checked any of these to see if they are taken in any sort of variant, but they might also be fun...

BlueMarlin
Whaleshark (my favorite sea creature~)
Rhincodon (the genus whale sharks are in)
Maybe pick up a name relating to a water themed god or mythology like Poseidon or one of these: water deities
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I kinda like hippotang! It runs off the tongue smoothly
Pea puffer is my runner up because it’s really cute lol
I kinda like hippotang! It runs off the tongue smoothly
Pea puffer is my runner up because it’s really cute lol
Tilapia is my fave personally. its cute and fun and I think it'd stand out while also being easily recognizable. I know I personally don't tend to remember people with long usernames unless I can shorten it in a fun way for myself.
Tilapia is my fave personally. its cute and fun and I think it'd stand out while also being easily recognizable. I know I personally don't tend to remember people with long usernames unless I can shorten it in a fun way for myself.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
@WolfTears Oh no, so many good ideas!... 'BlueMarlin' and 'Rhincodon' are free, though Poseidon appears to be taken. However, I'll be giving those other deities a look [emoji=guardian star size=1] There's a few on there that I could see myself using, assuming they're not already taken! @Darragons It was one of my first choices :3 It's just a neat-sounding word to me @Sablekey That's absolutely one of the things I thought about with it - no other names on-site use it, so I would probably stand out! And I really did like that fish - I now want tilapia as pets one day haha
@WolfTears Oh no, so many good ideas!... 'BlueMarlin' and 'Rhincodon' are free, though Poseidon appears to be taken. However, I'll be giving those other deities a look There's a few on there that I could see myself using, assuming they're not already taken!

@Darragons It was one of my first choices :3 It's just a neat-sounding word to me

@Sablekey That's absolutely one of the things I thought about with it - no other names on-site use it, so I would probably stand out! And I really did like that fish - I now want tilapia as pets one day haha
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Hippotang is my favorite out of all those choices, that word does definitely have a nice sound to it.
Hippotang is my favorite out of all those choices, that word does definitely have a nice sound to it.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.