Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Colors you absolutely despise
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I don't there is a single colour I could 100% say I'd never use, partially because all the time I think I have found the one shade I can't stand I see it in a fantastic combo that completely changes my mind.
That said the one that does always come to mind whenever this topic is brought up is Maize. I have seen some people make it work but I find most of the time the weird yellow-green hue it has is just off-putting and makes me think of spoiled milk.
I don't there is a single colour I could 100% say I'd never use, partially because all the time I think I have found the one shade I can't stand I see it in a fantastic combo that completely changes my mind.
That said the one that does always come to mind whenever this topic is brought up is Maize. I have seen some people make it work but I find most of the time the weird yellow-green hue it has is just off-putting and makes me think of spoiled milk.
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
F E R N

Kill it
F E R N

Kill it
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
As with every time threads like these appear, I have to say how much I hate Maize. It's a fine color by itself, but why is it THERE? I'd like it so much more if it was near Flaxen.
As with every time threads like these appear, I have to say how much I hate Maize. It's a fine color by itself, but why is it THERE? I'd like it so much more if it was near Flaxen.
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
Coral, coral, coral. It reminds me of the meat clown.
Coral, coral, coral. It reminds me of the meat clown.
AqaqXxe.png
Maize :( Antique and Ivory are so much better in most instances

Also have a personal grudge against lemon
Maize :( Antique and Ivory are so much better in most instances

Also have a personal grudge against lemon
9.pngC4op4pY.png9.png
I truly don't think there's such a thing as an unsalvageable color, but it sure is true that some color combinations can never manage better than "just okay."

With that said, I really struggle to make Coral work.
It's even a color I want to like, but there's a kind of dusty quality to the shade that is really hard not to make seem faded out or fleshy.

...Ngl, I'm sad to see so much Maize hate in this thread. It gets some unflattering yellow-brown accents on some breeds in basic, but I love using it for creamy bellies or for delicate spring green shades with iri/shim...
I truly don't think there's such a thing as an unsalvageable color, but it sure is true that some color combinations can never manage better than "just okay."

With that said, I really struggle to make Coral work.
It's even a color I want to like, but there's a kind of dusty quality to the shade that is really hard not to make seem faded out or fleshy.

...Ngl, I'm sad to see so much Maize hate in this thread. It gets some unflattering yellow-brown accents on some breeds in basic, but I love using it for creamy bellies or for delicate spring green shades with iri/shim...
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=16&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=16&auth=2c051404fd2deb5eea4cb338ca0ea342c8908923&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [size=1]i can't remember if I've posted here yet but last night I realized I absolutely hate purple
dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=16&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=16&auth=2c051404fd2deb5eea4cb338ca0ea342c8908923&dummyext=prev.png

i can't remember if I've posted here yet but last night I realized I absolutely hate purple
xx
xx
qYzjE0OH_o.gif xx ROLYO / FR +2 / blood in the water, my love
ABOUT COMMISSIONS LINKS
Spring is like... the Worst tert to work with.
Spring is like... the Worst tert to work with.
BVY1Ftg.png
Algae and swamp are just the worst greens to me and can ruin G1s
Algae and swamp are just the worst greens to me and can ruin G1s
dvUDhuR.png
Eldritch sucks. Go to the greens where you belong, you stupid not-black. :P
Eldritch sucks. Go to the greens where you belong, you stupid not-black. :P
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16