Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fr has the neatest forums..
1 2 3 4
The forums here really are great~ <3

They're simple but nice to look at and easy to figure out. If the system was set up any different chances are I wouldn't be nearly as active as I am :p

slightly unrelated but I went into the toyhouse forums the other day for the first time and immediately noped out of there because of how complicated it was lol. It's too overwhelming compared to the forums here
The forums here really are great~ <3

They're simple but nice to look at and easy to figure out. If the system was set up any different chances are I wouldn't be nearly as active as I am :p

slightly unrelated but I went into the toyhouse forums the other day for the first time and immediately noped out of there because of how complicated it was lol. It's too overwhelming compared to the forums here
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
I haven’t gone onto forums on any other pet site I’ve ever been on beside FR, and I love FR’s forum system. My small gremlin brain understood it very quickly as a newbie. Another reason why I’ve been on here for years instead of just days or weeks like many other sites I’ve found.
I haven’t gone onto forums on any other pet site I’ve ever been on beside FR, and I love FR’s forum system. My small gremlin brain understood it very quickly as a newbie. Another reason why I’ve been on here for years instead of just days or weeks like many other sites I’ve found.
l9szmFh.jpg
Also, FR has forums that are actually findable as well! The amount of times I've been on another game and simply cannot find the forums, get bored and nope out of there is far too many.

Then I look at various videos and find that either:
a) I can't see the forums as I haven't been on the game long enough for them to be unlocked, apparently.
b) I have to make a separate account just to access the forums
c) They're hidden behind three (3) menus, all of which have names which seem nothing to do with the forums
Or d) They're found by clicking an icon which does not look like it represents the forums, or really anything to do with writing

Seriously, how hard is it to just have the forums easy to get to?
Also, FR has forums that are actually findable as well! The amount of times I've been on another game and simply cannot find the forums, get bored and nope out of there is far too many.

Then I look at various videos and find that either:
a) I can't see the forums as I haven't been on the game long enough for them to be unlocked, apparently.
b) I have to make a separate account just to access the forums
c) They're hidden behind three (3) menus, all of which have names which seem nothing to do with the forums
Or d) They're found by clicking an icon which does not look like it represents the forums, or really anything to do with writing

Seriously, how hard is it to just have the forums easy to get to?
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
FR's forums are aight I guess, I miss chicken smoothie's post drafts and how the forum topic color changes once you already clicked on it, and I miss chicken smoothie's own art program, and pet "diaries" and wishlist/trading system....
I miss chicken smoothie overall lmao
FR's forums are aight I guess, I miss chicken smoothie's post drafts and how the forum topic color changes once you already clicked on it, and I miss chicken smoothie's own art program, and pet "diaries" and wishlist/trading system....
I miss chicken smoothie overall lmao
lets EXPAND this praising of fr to not just the forums, but the site as a whole. i can find e v e r y t h i n g. im never lost! thats not just because im used to it, but also because the design is just so well!! most pet sites look so cluttered but fr is just ~sleek~
lets EXPAND this praising of fr to not just the forums, but the site as a whole. i can find e v e r y t h i n g. im never lost! thats not just because im used to it, but also because the design is just so well!! most pet sites look so cluttered but fr is just ~sleek~
skydancer_done.png
Agreed! The forums are so neat, though I didn't realise they existed at first but that's mostly because I'm blind to these things.
Agreed! The forums are so neat, though I didn't realise they existed at first but that's mostly because I'm blind to these things.
They're nice, but I hate how small the title field is. I can never fit all I want to say, and other people title things super vaguely. I loathe going over threads like "a thought" "here's the thing" "this is funny" "I need help with this". If at least there was a pop-up preview of the post when you mouse over!
They're nice, but I hate how small the title field is. I can never fit all I want to say, and other people title things super vaguely. I loathe going over threads like "a thought" "here's the thing" "this is funny" "I need help with this". If at least there was a pop-up preview of the post when you mouse over!
I agree! I really like the forums too, and I do feel like people stick to using the right forum usually. There is also a nice level of engagement, and that is quite special for a game this old and in the era of Discord I do feel
I agree! I really like the forums too, and I do feel like people stick to using the right forum usually. There is also a nice level of engagement, and that is quite special for a game this old and in the era of Discord I do feel
I really like the forums on here far more than on other (pet) sites, they're so simple for me to look at and are currently my favorite ones. I've never posted so much elsewhere.
I really like the forums on here far more than on other (pet) sites, they're so simple for me to look at and are currently my favorite ones. I've never posted so much elsewhere.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
The only other petsite forum I've been on is Pokefarm and their forums are awful. Everything is the same color, with thin lines boxing each forum thread in, and the posts within the forums are only delineated by thin lines as well. People's signatures are delineated by almost the same line, and can be any size they want, making it hard to find the actual posts in a thread between all the huge sigs. It probably partly has to do with the players' ability to make CSS site skins, but that's really not an excuse.
The only other petsite forum I've been on is Pokefarm and their forums are awful. Everything is the same color, with thin lines boxing each forum thread in, and the posts within the forums are only delineated by thin lines as well. People's signatures are delineated by almost the same line, and can be any size they want, making it hard to find the actual posts in a thread between all the huge sigs. It probably partly has to do with the players' ability to make CSS site skins, but that's really not an excuse.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 3 4