Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinion: My dragons aren't their apparel
1 2 3 4 5
Definitely agree. I like the familiar placement, though I do wish they weren't so massive relative to both the dragon AND the scene behind, but the apparel is just, cluttered, distracting, and really not the first thing I want to see when I click on someone else's dragon. Particularly when considering buying one, I'd much rather see the old info about their birthday, genes, and colors etc up top (i can take or leave battle info) than what clothes they [don't, if up on AH] have on.
Definitely agree. I like the familiar placement, though I do wish they weren't so massive relative to both the dragon AND the scene behind, but the apparel is just, cluttered, distracting, and really not the first thing I want to see when I click on someone else's dragon. Particularly when considering buying one, I'd much rather see the old info about their birthday, genes, and colors etc up top (i can take or leave battle info) than what clothes they [don't, if up on AH] have on.
Wishful list of stuff
I'm always willing to trade for

WE DO NOT HATCH EGGS IN THIS LAIR NOT EVER (BUT OPENING CHESTS FEELS SO GOOD) AND ALSO WE LOVE CATS SO MUCH
(She/Her)
skycatpixels1.png
I kind of wished we can leave dragons in scenic mode, with a discreet bond with familiars button since that's about the only daily activity a dragon has. And agree on the removal of the apparel section from the top of the page. Also, being able to see the scenic mode of the default element background. Maybe limit the scenic mode of that to one dragon per lair, but it's a shame not being able to see the gorgeous art on that too.

The empty boxes are jarring especially since they are not even interactive. It took me a few clicks on an empty box before figuring out that maybe i should click on the title.

How many gems for a custom scene
?

/I would rather have the physical info replacing the apparel area - those information are relevant and interesting to the dragon rather than the apparel information.
I kind of wished we can leave dragons in scenic mode, with a discreet bond with familiars button since that's about the only daily activity a dragon has. And agree on the removal of the apparel section from the top of the page. Also, being able to see the scenic mode of the default element background. Maybe limit the scenic mode of that to one dragon per lair, but it's a shame not being able to see the gorgeous art on that too.

The empty boxes are jarring especially since they are not even interactive. It took me a few clicks on an empty box before figuring out that maybe i should click on the title.

How many gems for a custom scene
?

/I would rather have the physical info replacing the apparel area - those information are relevant and interesting to the dragon rather than the apparel information.
OcyPyoj.png
I agree. It draws the eyes away from the dragon, which should be the main focus of the page. While I like the new look overall, this feels a little stronger than just me being picky.
I agree. It draws the eyes away from the dragon, which should be the main focus of the page. While I like the new look overall, this feels a little stronger than just me being picky.
336806_daefb7429c15321d_I.gif333647_cafe6b3c3773e3a6_I.gif
Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab? (i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over) [img]https://i.imgur.com/lTnV2Qr.png[/img]
Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab?

(i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over)

lTnV2Qr.png
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
[quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] [/quote] @Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss)
Celeana wrote on 2020-06-08 10:25:12:
HqauZtI.png

@Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss)
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
[quote name="Orangecat" date="2020-06-08 10:35:40" ] I kind of wished we can leave dragons in scenic mode, with a discreet bond with familiars button since that's about the only daily activity a dragon has. [/quote] This would be awesome, I'd love to be able to focus on my dragons and their scenes, and only have a separate click to view info if I needed to know something specific
Orangecat wrote on 2020-06-08 10:35:40:
I kind of wished we can leave dragons in scenic mode, with a discreet bond with familiars button since that's about the only daily activity a dragon has.
This would be awesome, I'd love to be able to focus on my dragons and their scenes, and only have a separate click to view info if I needed to know something specific
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 10:39:46" ] [quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] [/quote] @Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss) [/quote] yass
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 10:39:46:
Celeana wrote on 2020-06-08 10:25:12:
HqauZtI.png

@Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss)

yass
OcyPyoj.png
[quote name="AgentBonkers" date="2020-06-08 10:29:26" ] Definitely agree. I like the familiar placement, though I do wish they weren't so massive relative to both the dragon AND the scene behind, but the apparel is just, cluttered, distracting, and really not the first thing I want to see when I click on someone else's dragon. Particularly when considering buying one, I'd much rather see the old info about their birthday, genes, and colors etc up top (i can take or leave battle info) than what clothes they [don't, if up on AH] have on. [/quote] This, exactly. I don't mind the familiar being there, although it is very large. As much as I adore dressing up my dragons though (seriously, they all are decked out in apparel, I can't stand having a naked adult dragon if I want to keep said dragon), I really don't like the fact that the apparel is the first thing you see. I'd like to see the dragon first, maybe have their information easily accessible. Then the familiar and apparel.
AgentBonkers wrote on 2020-06-08 10:29:26:
This, exactly.

I don't mind the familiar being there, although it is very large. As much as I adore dressing up my dragons though (seriously, they all are decked out in apparel, I can't stand having a naked adult dragon if I want to keep said dragon), I really don't like the fact that the apparel is the first thing you see.

I'd like to see the dragon first, maybe have their information easily accessible. Then the familiar and apparel.
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
[quote name="Exlann" date="2020-06-08 10:37:52" ] Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab? (i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over) [img]https://i.imgur.com/lTnV2Qr.png[/img] [/quote] I feel like this would be the ideal set-up. This way, the dragon would be the main focus while still preventing too much clutter down below.
Exlann wrote on 2020-06-08 10:37:52:
Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab?

(i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over)

lTnV2Qr.png

I feel like this would be the ideal set-up. This way, the dragon would be the main focus while still preventing too much clutter down below.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
I’m also one of those people who could not care less about apparel. I like my dragons’ genes and colors and I don’t like apparel
I’m also one of those people who could not care less about apparel. I like my dragons’ genes and colors and I don’t like apparel
tgKCVtZ.png
1 2 3 4 5