Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinion: My dragons aren't their apparel
1 2 3 4 5
I’m also one of those people who could not care less about apparel. I like my dragons’ genes and colors and I don’t like apparel
I’m also one of those people who could not care less about apparel. I like my dragons’ genes and colors and I don’t like apparel
tgKCVtZ.png
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 10:39:46" ] [quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] [/quote] @Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss) [/quote] [quote name="Exlann" date="2020-06-08 10:37:52" ] Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab? (i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over) [img]https://i.imgur.com/lTnV2Qr.png[/img] [/quote] I feel like combining these two set-ups would be AWESOME. Love the idea of the button to show info to the left of the dragon, however I feel like it'd be best for that to be genes/info/whatever, and apparel be moved to beneath the dragon, next to lineage in the center, and battle stats to the right Not sure how long and if they'd implement it though- Although I do imagine implementing a toggle button for the apparel as a temporary fix would be pretty easy to do Ideally I'd have: 1. the genes/info moved beneath the dragon as well, next to the lineage, with the apparel + battle stats directly beneath that. 2. make the 'feed' and 'breed' button both the same width 3. make the id number smaller and part of the subtitle beneath that 4. have the element in brackets instead be a simple icon for the flight (like that one that's currently beneath the energy bar!) and the scenic background can just easily be toggled or a permanent setting toggle in your profile, but the mockups keep it relatively the same for the devs to prevent too much overhaul imo
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 10:39:46:
Celeana wrote on 2020-06-08 10:25:12:
HqauZtI.png

@Celeana 's mockup... (chef's kiss)
Exlann wrote on 2020-06-08 10:37:52:
Although moving the apparel back down would remove clutter from the top, I feel it just adds clutter to the bottom and makes it a little busy below. Maybe an alternative would be to hide it under a collapse-able tab?

(i rearranged the bottom too mostly because I'm just used to the info being on the right and wanted to move it over)

lTnV2Qr.png

I feel like combining these two set-ups would be AWESOME.
Love the idea of the button to show info to the left of the dragon, however I feel like it'd be best for that to be genes/info/whatever, and apparel be moved to beneath the dragon, next to lineage in the center, and battle stats to the right

Not sure how long and if they'd implement it though- Although I do imagine implementing a toggle button for the apparel as a temporary fix would be pretty easy to do

Ideally I'd have:

1. the genes/info moved beneath the dragon as well, next to the lineage, with the apparel + battle stats directly beneath that.
2. make the 'feed' and 'breed' button both the same width
3. make the id number smaller and part of the subtitle beneath that
4. have the element in brackets instead be a simple icon for the flight (like that one that's currently beneath the energy bar!)

and the scenic background can just easily be toggled or a permanent setting toggle in your profile, but the mockups keep it relatively the same for the devs to prevent too much overhaul imo
UqHgyno.gifZInaczN.gif
I use KDE + Magnifier + custom Vivaldi CSS to make everything on my computer and browser easier to see due to vision problems, and just threw it into my block list because it was too busy. It'd be nice to have a toggle option or something!
I use KDE + Magnifier + custom Vivaldi CSS to make everything on my computer and browser easier to see due to vision problems, and just threw it into my block list because it was too busy. It'd be nice to have a toggle option or something!
I'm sure I'll get used to having the apparel there, and eventually my eyes will gloss over it and I'll 'see' the dragon first, but it really does seem like an oddly prominent place to put it given you can already 'see' the apparel where the owner intends it on the dragon. I'd be thrilled to see it nudged down out of the way, or in absolute perfection fantasy land the ability to swap it with a different information panel of my choosing.
I'm sure I'll get used to having the apparel there, and eventually my eyes will gloss over it and I'll 'see' the dragon first, but it really does seem like an oddly prominent place to put it given you can already 'see' the apparel where the owner intends it on the dragon. I'd be thrilled to see it nudged down out of the way, or in absolute perfection fantasy land the ability to swap it with a different information panel of my choosing.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
on the whole I don't dress my dragons, but now all these empty boxes make me feel like I have to. the concept is nice, but I enjoy Celeana's mockup - having the info where the apparel is makes more sense to me and seems more useful overall.
on the whole I don't dress my dragons, but now all these empty boxes make me feel like I have to. the concept is nice, but I enjoy Celeana's mockup - having the info where the apparel is makes more sense to me and seems more useful overall.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
I would definitely want an option to return to the old view.
Atm it is so cluttered, I can hardly make any sense of all the stuff on the page :/

and while I've dressed up a few of my dragons, I prefer them to look good without anything.
The only time REAL dragons put on clothes is when they assume humanoid form :P
I would definitely want an option to return to the old view.
Atm it is so cluttered, I can hardly make any sense of all the stuff on the page :/

and while I've dressed up a few of my dragons, I prefer them to look good without anything.
The only time REAL dragons put on clothes is when they assume humanoid form :P
I also agree! I want it back down below the dragon. It may make it cluttered but like. The dragon shouldn’t be cluttered.
I also agree! I want it back down below the dragon. It may make it cluttered but like. The dragon shouldn’t be cluttered.
TBD
I think it would be more annoying if I had to click on a toggle/arrow or scroll down to get at the apparel, honestly. It's convenient to have it right up top.
I think it would be more annoying if I had to click on a toggle/arrow or scroll down to get at the apparel, honestly. It's convenient to have it right up top.
i don't want to be an adult. i don't want to "face the world" at work every day. i want to be snuggly buggly and cozy-wozy, preferably in my snuggly-buggly bed. PERIODT.
If I want to show off my apparel, it's right there on the dragon! I'd like it to be moved downward, maybe replace by the gene info like in the mock-up above, but imo it'd be best if we could just have the dragon and familiar on top. Move them apart a little, make them look less crowded, really show off the scene.
If I want to show off my apparel, it's right there on the dragon! I'd like it to be moved downward, maybe replace by the gene info like in the mock-up above, but imo it'd be best if we could just have the dragon and familiar on top. Move them apart a little, make them look less crowded, really show off the scene.
Yeah, leaving the extra apparel squares there gives me anxiety. I'm a completionist, and while I don't like cluttered outfits the unfilled boxes make me feel like I'm supposed to.
Yeah, leaving the extra apparel squares there gives me anxiety. I'm a completionist, and while I don't like cluttered outfits the unfilled boxes make me feel like I'm supposed to.
WjyjP9T.pngtumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
1 2 3 4 5