Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Constructive Criticism vs Bashing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
out of the entire mess of schtuff that's spawned from the keel and glowtail announcements this is hands down the most important post.
out of the entire mess of schtuff that's spawned from the keel and glowtail announcements this is hands down the most important post.
ink2.png 20
fr+0
[quote name="Atrocities" date="2020-05-08 12:43:22" ] t h i s [/quote]
Atrocities wrote on 2020-05-08 12:43:22:
t h i s

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
This. You can show your dissatisfaction with something without being rude about it.
This. You can show your dissatisfaction with something without being rude about it.
[quote name="Atrocities" date="2020-05-08 12:43:22" ] t h i s [/quote] I really liked the gene and I wish they hadn't pulled it so soon, it also is really sad to see many mean comments.
Atrocities wrote on 2020-05-08 12:43:22:
t h i s
I really liked the gene and I wish they hadn't pulled it so soon, it also is really sad to see many mean comments.
Another comment I saw was someone on the keel forum drawing scribbled triangles on ms paint over a dragon and saying something along the same lines as "This is the same quality" and I'd like to chime in and say PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. That's not constructive or helpful in any way, just rude and uncalled for.
Another comment I saw was someone on the keel forum drawing scribbled triangles on ms paint over a dragon and saying something along the same lines as "This is the same quality" and I'd like to chime in and say PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. That's not constructive or helpful in any way, just rude and uncalled for.
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Very well said. I'm a little exhausted seeing some of the comments from different threads. It's super important to speak your mind, but in a respectful way. Also, FR is a [i]company[/i], but it's still a small one. We have every right to like/dislike anything they give us, and criticize it. And as some of the posts are directed at Staff, we also have to remember that they are people too. [quote name="PearlConnor" date="2020-05-08 13:42:44" ] Hey... uh. While I agree it did need some art updates, am I allowed to be angry that everyone throwing a tantrum got it taken away? They haven't done this with other genes that need work to my knowledge. Wait ago yall, you got us grounded [/quote] Both Keel and Glowtail are the first genes that threads have been locked. Firefly was the last one to get quite a load controversial arguments. I can't stop anyone from being mad, but just remember... because of the heavy dislike, Staff felt the need to do some work on it. It's like any other company product; if it had bad reviews, they are going to stop production, and rethink.
Very well said. I'm a little exhausted seeing some of the comments from different threads.

It's super important to speak your mind, but in a respectful way. Also, FR is a company, but it's still a small one. We have every right to like/dislike anything they give us, and criticize it. And as some of the posts are directed at Staff, we also have to remember that they are people too.

PearlConnor wrote on 2020-05-08 13:42:44:
Hey... uh. While I agree it did need some art updates, am I allowed to be angry that everyone throwing a tantrum got it taken away? They haven't done this with other genes that need work to my knowledge.

Wait ago yall, you got us grounded

Both Keel and Glowtail are the first genes that threads have been locked. Firefly was the last one to get quite a load controversial arguments.

I can't stop anyone from being mad, but just remember... because of the heavy dislike, Staff felt the need to do some work on it. It's like any other company product; if it had bad reviews, they are going to stop production, and rethink.
J6W6Pav.png Steelchain
FR +3

Stormcatcher's #1 fanaa
l
l
l
l
l
laa
User-made Guides
Coliseum Build Guide
BBCode Compendium
Custom Achievements Gen.
Compare Dragon Sizes
-
I know this point was basically made, but it’s also useful to consider how you yourself (not specifically anyone, just a general you) would react to criticism. If you made a circle, for example, and it was flawed, are you more likely to take someone seriously if they say “This circle is rushed, lazy, and unskilled, you’re just going to make sloppy circles from now on, that’s obvious”, or would you likely take the advice of someone who says, “That circle is flawed, you should make sure the left side is more even and fix some of the sketchy lines, not my favorite circle.” While one would likely edit the circle either way, and both express dislike of the circle, one criticism is clearly more helpful than the other, and will help changes as time goes on.
I know this point was basically made, but it’s also useful to consider how you yourself (not specifically anyone, just a general you) would react to criticism. If you made a circle, for example, and it was flawed, are you more likely to take someone seriously if they say “This circle is rushed, lazy, and unskilled, you’re just going to make sloppy circles from now on, that’s obvious”, or would you likely take the advice of someone who says, “That circle is flawed, you should make sure the left side is more even and fix some of the sketchy lines, not my favorite circle.” While one would likely edit the circle either way, and both express dislike of the circle, one criticism is clearly more helpful than the other, and will help changes as time goes on.
[font=cambria]THIS THIS THIS. Although Glowtail is not something I personally would use, as with most tertiary genes, I still see it being put to good use. Somebody pointed out in the reveal post that it looks very good with Irid/Shim, and that it can be used to mimic animals with contrasting tails i.e. rats and opossums. I for one actually liked Keel when it was first revealed; my immediate thought was that it would be [i]perfect[/i] for ice dragons as it gives the look of icecaps, or crystal shards for earth and arcane dragons. Do I agree with Glowtail being 1.2G .. mm, no. However, that is perfectly reasonable feedback that I am sure the devs realized, no harm done; I believe it should be priced more in the range of Runes. You couldn't have said this better. There will always be room for improvement, but going straight for the devs and accusing them of being "lazy" is immature. I have seen hardly any talk about how incredible the new Fiona recolors look .. it is okay to celebrate one thing while being constructive about the other, but what happened today was completely unnecessary. If the devs are so "lazy" then how come they jumped on corrections almost immediately after listening to all the feedback? [emoji=spiral deadpan size=1] Although I hated to see the way this went down (I was sad when I saw the tweet about halting sales .. ) I look forward to seeing what comes next. Thank you, devs, for everything you do! ♥
THIS THIS THIS. Although Glowtail is not something I personally would use, as with most tertiary genes, I still see it being put to good use. Somebody pointed out in the reveal post that it looks very good with Irid/Shim, and that it can be used to mimic animals with contrasting tails i.e. rats and opossums. I for one actually liked Keel when it was first revealed; my immediate thought was that it would be perfect for ice dragons as it gives the look of icecaps, or crystal shards for earth and arcane dragons.

Do I agree with Glowtail being 1.2G .. mm, no. However, that is perfectly reasonable feedback that I am sure the devs realized, no harm done; I believe it should be priced more in the range of Runes.

You couldn't have said this better. There will always be room for improvement, but going straight for the devs and accusing them of being "lazy" is immature. I have seen hardly any talk about how incredible the new Fiona recolors look .. it is okay to celebrate one thing while being constructive about the other, but what happened today was completely unnecessary. If the devs are so "lazy" then how come they jumped on corrections almost immediately after listening to all the feedback?

Although I hated to see the way this went down (I was sad when I saw the tweet about halting sales .. ) I look forward to seeing what comes next. Thank you, devs, for everything you do! ♥
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif » Felox
» ATL | FR +3
» Discord: #9976
» Directory
[quote name="----" date="2020-05-08 14:18:43" ] ...I don't hate this, but why did we need this? [/quote] Also comments like this one are pretty unnecessary as well. I hate when we get a new Gene and people say stuff like why does this exists or but why though? The why is always because this is a petsite and the staff are trying to bring you new content. It just stricks me as weirdly snide and certainly isn't constructive or even real critisizm :/
---- wrote on 2020-05-08 14:18:43:
...I don't hate this, but why did we need this?

Also comments like this one are pretty unnecessary as well. I hate when we get a new Gene and people say stuff like why does this exists or but why though? The why is always because this is a petsite and the staff are trying to bring you new content. It just stricks me as weirdly snide and certainly isn't constructive or even real critisizm :/
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="AbsoluteSubzero" date="2020-05-08 14:52:32" ] I know this point was basically made, but it’s also useful to consider how you yourself (not specifically anyone, just a general you) would react to criticism. [/quote] THIS. And this thread in general, honestly. It doesn't matter how you feel about the new content - it isn't your place to bash the artists who put tons of work into this site.
AbsoluteSubzero wrote on 2020-05-08 14:52:32:
I know this point was basically made, but it’s also useful to consider how you yourself (not specifically anyone, just a general you) would react to criticism.

THIS. And this thread in general, honestly. It doesn't matter how you feel about the new content - it isn't your place to bash the artists who put tons of work into this site.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8