Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you playing?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. Sentimental attachment. And this site is the only pet site I’ve been on for years, as most others I drop after a few months. I actually did do that to Flight Rising too after my first six months. I left for three months or so, my friend dragged me back in, and I haven’t left since.

2. I’m always excited to see new updates, genes, breeds, etc. That keeps me interested, along with flight holidays!

3. As a broke student, I don’t wanna be weighed down by the fact I can’t pay to play. But with FR, I’ve gotten so many neat dragons and a large amount of currency without buying anything with real money. I may consider buying merch in the future though.

I’ve written tidbits of lore in a lot of my dragons’ bios, so I feel even more attached to them. I call them my “kids”, which may be strange, but at this point, they’re one of the things I enjoy waking up to check on and feed and such.
1. Sentimental attachment. And this site is the only pet site I’ve been on for years, as most others I drop after a few months. I actually did do that to Flight Rising too after my first six months. I left for three months or so, my friend dragged me back in, and I haven’t left since.

2. I’m always excited to see new updates, genes, breeds, etc. That keeps me interested, along with flight holidays!

3. As a broke student, I don’t wanna be weighed down by the fact I can’t pay to play. But with FR, I’ve gotten so many neat dragons and a large amount of currency without buying anything with real money. I may consider buying merch in the future though.

I’ve written tidbits of lore in a lot of my dragons’ bios, so I feel even more attached to them. I call them my “kids”, which may be strange, but at this point, they’re one of the things I enjoy waking up to check on and feed and such.
l9szmFh.jpg
I... don't know?

I think it's mostly my attachment to my dragons and the site as a system, I really love it. My dragons are my babies. Also it's the closest thing to social media I've ever had.

I'm also unhealthily addicted to browsing the forums

Aaaand the community is fantastic, everyone rocks
I... don't know?

I think it's mostly my attachment to my dragons and the site as a system, I really love it. My dragons are my babies. Also it's the closest thing to social media I've ever had.

I'm also unhealthily addicted to browsing the forums

Aaaand the community is fantastic, everyone rocks
Ot3Ahks.jpg
@SandBoa, and my dom team, and Fandragons
@SandBoa, and my dom team, and Fandragons
[quote name="Natakiro" date="2020-04-03 23:39:58" ] [quote name="timeblitz" date="2020-04-03 17:01:47" ] Honestly, not much anymore. I [b]lost a lot of interest after the eyes issue[/b] and it still hasn't come back. I check in to keep everyone fed and all that but I can't get myself to play around on the site much anymore. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]You know what, I honestly believe that exact moment is what really killed my interest in this site; ever since that anniversary event I just felt like I was investing too much in something that could be upended so easily. [/quote] What exactly happened?? I joined last September, so I don't know all the stuff apparently, but this quote made me curious...
Natakiro wrote on 2020-04-03 23:39:58:
timeblitz wrote on 2020-04-03 17:01:47:
Honestly, not much anymore. I lost a lot of interest after the eyes issue and it still hasn't come back. I check in to keep everyone fed and all that but I can't get myself to play around on the site much anymore.
You know what, I honestly believe that exact moment is what really killed my interest in this site; ever since that anniversary event I just felt like I was investing too much in something that could be upended so easily.

What exactly happened?? I joined last September, so I don't know all the stuff apparently, but this quote made me curious...
Myosotis "From Basic to Rare" breeding Challenge Living Stones
I'm honestly not sure.
I'm honestly not sure.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
[quote name="KsanaC" date="2020-04-06 13:45:39" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2020-04-03 23:39:58" ] [quote name="timeblitz" date="2020-04-03 17:01:47" ] Honestly, not much anymore. I [b]lost a lot of interest after the eyes issue[/b] and it still hasn't come back. I check in to keep everyone fed and all that but I can't get myself to play around on the site much anymore. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]You know what, I honestly believe that exact moment is what really killed my interest in this site; ever since that anniversary event I just felt like I was investing too much in something that could be upended so easily. [/quote] What exactly happened?? I joined last September, so I don't know all the stuff apparently, but this quote made me curious... [/quote] When eye types (primal, multi gaze, etc) were introduced, the Common eyes were “standardized” somehow across breeds? I was here but didn’t really notice a difference, but a lot of people got upset. The fact that scattersights are fully retired was also the subject of a lot of drama. It was honestly the biggest kerfuffle I remember on FR, and I’ve been here since year two.
KsanaC wrote on 2020-04-06 13:45:39:
Natakiro wrote on 2020-04-03 23:39:58:
timeblitz wrote on 2020-04-03 17:01:47:
Honestly, not much anymore. I lost a lot of interest after the eyes issue and it still hasn't come back. I check in to keep everyone fed and all that but I can't get myself to play around on the site much anymore.
You know what, I honestly believe that exact moment is what really killed my interest in this site; ever since that anniversary event I just felt like I was investing too much in something that could be upended so easily.

What exactly happened?? I joined last September, so I don't know all the stuff apparently, but this quote made me curious...
When eye types (primal, multi gaze, etc) were introduced, the Common eyes were “standardized” somehow across breeds? I was here but didn’t really notice a difference, but a lot of people got upset. The fact that scattersights are fully retired was also the subject of a lot of drama. It was honestly the biggest kerfuffle I remember on FR, and I’ve been here since year two.
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
Projects, making characters, and accents mostly. There are around ~40 accents I'd love to hunt down someday, however unlikely it would be to obtain all of them. I start off by making a particular character, designing how their dragon will look, breeding for that dragon, and then enhancing them with a matching accent!
Projects, making characters, and accents mostly. There are around ~40 accents I'd love to hunt down someday, however unlikely it would be to obtain all of them. I start off by making a particular character, designing how their dragon will look, breeding for that dragon, and then enhancing them with a matching accent!
Buying Food UMAs
New genes for sure, and running my hatchery - I love to cook up new projects and even when I’m not thinking about doing new stuff, I always end up with requests for some of my pairs.
And I love that my dragons don’t die, like other games - I don’t have to worry about missing out even if I did go offline for extended periods of time.
New genes for sure, and running my hatchery - I love to cook up new projects and even when I’m not thinking about doing new stuff, I always end up with requests for some of my pairs.
And I love that my dragons don’t die, like other games - I don’t have to worry about missing out even if I did go offline for extended periods of time.
E5NiyJY.png
Right now is enjoying the game and writing lore, but my long-term dream is to make exactly 31 fandragons based on a youtube series that i watch (It's gonna cost so much money and take so long skjdksd)
Right now is enjoying the game and writing lore, but my long-term dream is to make exactly 31 fandragons based on a youtube series that i watch (It's gonna cost so much money and take so long skjdksd)
hdCEH9z.png

nefzg1V.png
WKtl2lb.png

I like the forums, y'all are such a chill and nice community.

I'll be honest my interest in the site has been fading and I don't have motivation for any of my on-site projects anymore, but damn I can't keep myself away from these forums for more than a week.
I like the forums, y'all are such a chill and nice community.

I'll be honest my interest in the site has been fading and I don't have motivation for any of my on-site projects anymore, but damn I can't keep myself away from these forums for more than a week.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7