Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you playing?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I suspect it's compulsive hoarding. Gotta get just one more, I NEED it... and then maybe one... Better here than in real life.
I suspect it's compulsive hoarding. Gotta get just one more, I NEED it... and then maybe one... Better here than in real life.
t4irFr8.png
- Familiars. I'm not planning to get the retired ones, but I still have long way to go considering that many of those are boss or gem familiars. And one day I will get Hippojay (to lesser extent Lilyfowl) even if it kills me *shakes fist at gathering*

- I want to complete the breeding project I started right after the colourwheel expansion. At this point getting mates is probably the biggest time sink.

- New breeds and new genes. I want to see what the plague ancient will look like (if we get one).
- Familiars. I'm not planning to get the retired ones, but I still have long way to go considering that many of those are boss or gem familiars. And one day I will get Hippojay (to lesser extent Lilyfowl) even if it kills me *shakes fist at gathering*

- I want to complete the breeding project I started right after the colourwheel expansion. At this point getting mates is probably the biggest time sink.

- New breeds and new genes. I want to see what the plague ancient will look like (if we get one).
I'm coming back again hoping it can inspire me. I used to have so many ideas for this site and I miss that part of myself
I'm coming back again hoping it can inspire me. I used to have so many ideas for this site and I miss that part of myself
I come back here because I consider flight rising a relatively save place in comparison to the rest of the Internet. I can exist here without being attacked from all sides simply for being alive. Also I really like the dragons and all the projects. I can calm down my mind if my anxiety and depression gets bad.

Well I guess my answer is not helping anybody. But I guess I just wanted to say this somewhere. Sorry.
I come back here because I consider flight rising a relatively save place in comparison to the rest of the Internet. I can exist here without being attacked from all sides simply for being alive. Also I really like the dragons and all the projects. I can calm down my mind if my anxiety and depression gets bad.

Well I guess my answer is not helping anybody. But I guess I just wanted to say this somewhere. Sorry.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
i want to flex my creativity muscles here because i do have a passion for animal sim sites and this one has by far the most effort and love poured into it by the developers.

the responses on this thread are somewhat foreboding, though. i certainly don't agree with some aspects of the site's economy, particularly considering gems, but i don't have the first clue what it takes to keep a site like this running with this level of quality. obviously a lot, since there are frankly none quite like it.

for now though i'm having tons of fun and i've only encountered very kind people in the community!
i want to flex my creativity muscles here because i do have a passion for animal sim sites and this one has by far the most effort and love poured into it by the developers.

the responses on this thread are somewhat foreboding, though. i certainly don't agree with some aspects of the site's economy, particularly considering gems, but i don't have the first clue what it takes to keep a site like this running with this level of quality. obviously a lot, since there are frankly none quite like it.

for now though i'm having tons of fun and i've only encountered very kind people in the community!
Normally I find one or more of three problems with a game:
a) I can feel it trying to suck my IRL money out of me
Definitely doesn't apply here; I'm rolling in gems without any contribution from IRL currency.
b) I get existential; 'yes, this is what I'm doing today, but what am I doing this month, this year, what am I looking forward to?'
Rarely applies here and leaves after a few months hiatus; I have projects on many timescales, I'm bonding with all my familiars, I look forward to festivals and there's always lore to write. And importantly, I can always come back and find things basically intact.
c) Poor site design/lack of effort from devs
Pretty hard to quantify but I feel like FR is very easy to navigate and even though a fairly high percentage of updates are for features I don't participate in I can really see how much time and thought has gone into making them and it's amazing when a release 'in my realm' comes along.

I can deal with an awful community by just ignoring that element of a game but actually FR's lot are really good if you exercise some common sense by not entering subforums that are gonna make you angry whatever.

So yeah, I'm here still 'cause I see none of the problems that would drive me away from another game.
Normally I find one or more of three problems with a game:
a) I can feel it trying to suck my IRL money out of me
Definitely doesn't apply here; I'm rolling in gems without any contribution from IRL currency.
b) I get existential; 'yes, this is what I'm doing today, but what am I doing this month, this year, what am I looking forward to?'
Rarely applies here and leaves after a few months hiatus; I have projects on many timescales, I'm bonding with all my familiars, I look forward to festivals and there's always lore to write. And importantly, I can always come back and find things basically intact.
c) Poor site design/lack of effort from devs
Pretty hard to quantify but I feel like FR is very easy to navigate and even though a fairly high percentage of updates are for features I don't participate in I can really see how much time and thought has gone into making them and it's amazing when a release 'in my realm' comes along.

I can deal with an awful community by just ignoring that element of a game but actually FR's lot are really good if you exercise some common sense by not entering subforums that are gonna make you angry whatever.

So yeah, I'm here still 'cause I see none of the problems that would drive me away from another game.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I like my projects, I like the aspect of making pretty dragons through breeding & lore, & also egg.
I like my projects, I like the aspect of making pretty dragons through breeding & lore, & also egg.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
I’m legally required to unnerve everyone here
I’m legally required to unnerve everyone here
l1yRMX4.png
My avatar screes in hunger, an unsatisfiable hunger more powerful than the gods themselves.

What does it hunger for, you ask?

ankles

Pd4Z4Ct.png
Friends.
Friends.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
It’s a nice creative outlet.

Also the moneys
It’s a nice creative outlet.

Also the moneys
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7