Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Random dragon questions for FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So, to start, what colors do you wish were more common/ less expensive?
i'm a big fan of overcast and robin but at this point idk if either of those is actually expensive

Does eye type/color matter to you? And if so why?
you can't really tell what color the eyes are on most dragons once they become adults unless you squint so not really? (spirals excepted of course) and almost all my dragons are from pre-eye type changes so i dont really mind

Does a dragon absolutely HAVE to have a Tertiary gene for you?
yea 100% i hate basic

Do you collect G1s?
yup lmao

If so, what genes do you use the most?
i have a lot of lace/runes tert g1s because they're mega jaycore
skink/spinner bc they're brewable and cheap while still having the nice accent colors
and regardless of what anyone says i will always love poitox so i have quite a few of those

Do you buy dragons with a specific design you have planned or design around the dragon?
both; i actually don't buy dragons that often but i do lurk in dragon sales looking for nice g1s - if i have a scry i like, i'll buy it
and then i buy fandragons based on specific design

What makes you typically avoid certain dragons?
i just don't like male ridgebacks or pearlcatchers' poses WHOOPS

Does all the dragons colors have to match or do you prefer contrasting ones?
both is good lol for example this g1 i bought recently...but i think a majority of my lair has nice colors that go together

Do you prefer mixed (Jag/Saf, Slime/Bee, etc.) genes rather than matched? (Genes that go together like Met/Al, Wasp/Bee, Iri/Shim, etc.)
no preference but sometimes the mix just Doesn't Look Good, at least matched genes are guaranteed to have matching pattterns

Is basic unappealing to you?
very :/

Do you try to buy within a certain theme?
nahhh

Do you buy from hatcheries?
not often

What's the most appealing/unappealing things about them?
honestly i just don't want what they have a lot of the time rip they're also lowkey expensive but as someone who ran a hatchery once...understandable

What's the most T/G you're willing to spend on a dragon?
lort probably like 10kg not that i have that much money

Does hatch date matter to you?
not really unless i'm like. looking for a birthday dragon or something

Does ID matter to you?
old/special ids = good and very cool. for normal dragons no

Does lineage matter?
i have a pure gen2 imp that i really like, and i'm probably going to buy a naomi descendant at some point so ? i guess it depends

Do you actively search for a dragon with a special date/ID/lineage or is it a nice bonus?
i did a hunt for the square root of 2 once and bought a dragon based on that

Is there any breed you exclusively avoid?
tundras and mirrors,....,,.,. i really like gaolers tho they're like. Upgraded tundras

Are you a mono lair? Have you considered it? And if you did become a mono lair, what breed would you choose?
nahh i like too many breeds and have too many g1s for that
if i had to though - probably skydancers because getting an imp scroll is impossible and i like g1s
i'm a big fan of overcast and robin but at this point idk if either of those is actually expensive

you can't really tell what color the eyes are on most dragons once they become adults unless you squint so not really? (spirals excepted of course) and almost all my dragons are from pre-eye type changes so i dont really mind

yea 100% i hate basic

Do you collect G1s?
yup lmao

i have a lot of lace/runes tert g1s because they're mega jaycore
skink/spinner bc they're brewable and cheap while still having the nice accent colors
and regardless of what anyone says i will always love poitox so i have quite a few of those

Do you buy dragons with a specific design you have planned or design around the dragon?
both; i actually don't buy dragons that often but i do lurk in dragon sales looking for nice g1s - if i have a scry i like, i'll buy it
and then i buy fandragons based on specific design

i just don't like male ridgebacks or pearlcatchers' poses WHOOPS

both is good lol for example this g1 i bought recently...but i think a majority of my lair has nice colors that go together

Do you prefer mixed (Jag/Saf, Slime/Bee, etc.) genes rather than matched? (Genes that go together like Met/Al, Wasp/Bee, Iri/Shim, etc.)
no preference but sometimes the mix just Doesn't Look Good, at least matched genes are guaranteed to have matching pattterns

very :/

nahhh

not often

honestly i just don't want what they have a lot of the time rip they're also lowkey expensive but as someone who ran a hatchery once...understandable

lort probably like 10kg not that i have that much money

not really unless i'm like. looking for a birthday dragon or something

Does ID matter to you?
old/special ids = good and very cool. for normal dragons no

Does lineage matter?
i have a pure gen2 imp that i really like, and i'm probably going to buy a naomi descendant at some point so ? i guess it depends

Do you actively search for a dragon with a special date/ID/lineage or is it a nice bonus?
i did a hunt for the square root of 2 once and bought a dragon based on that

tundras and mirrors,....,,.,. i really like gaolers tho they're like. Upgraded tundras

Are you a mono lair? Have you considered it? And if you did become a mono lair, what breed would you choose?
nahh i like too many breeds and have too many g1s for that
if i had to though - probably skydancers because getting an imp scroll is impossible and i like g1s
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
Orchid, has really nice accents to it. And Sunset with the same reason.
As a purple dragon hoarder, yes it does matter. Im more into shadow eyes then other eyes but other flight eyes can work.
No, at long as it doesn’t have a terrible gene
Do you collect G1s?
No, poor me
N/A reasons above and also I don’t like equating money on genes.
Design around the dragon
If they don’t match my aesthetic or very unmatchy genes (poison is banned from my lair)
No, but they do have to match my color range. Unless it’s for more reasons that they don’t match.
Mixed genes, makes them more colorful.
Yes, a disgrace for primary and secondary. But I’m neutral for tertiary.
Yes, edgy is the way to go
Not much, I do have some experiences of unexpected hatchery buys off the auction house.
If they just stick out of my lair.
100kt, depends on the dragon genes and colors.
No
Does ID matter to you?
No
Does lineage matter?
Yes, I don’t want a parent name and a offspring list having names like “soupfeaster”. Naming fodder saves my life.
A nice bonus, but I doesnt effect the dragon I purchase
Ridgebacks, never liked them.
No, but it will be neat if only im not too attached to my dergs already.
Orchid, has really nice accents to it. And Sunset with the same reason.
As a purple dragon hoarder, yes it does matter. Im more into shadow eyes then other eyes but other flight eyes can work.
No, at long as it doesn’t have a terrible gene
Do you collect G1s?
No, poor me
N/A reasons above and also I don’t like equating money on genes.
Design around the dragon
If they don’t match my aesthetic or very unmatchy genes (poison is banned from my lair)
No, but they do have to match my color range. Unless it’s for more reasons that they don’t match.
Mixed genes, makes them more colorful.
Yes, a disgrace for primary and secondary. But I’m neutral for tertiary.
Yes, edgy is the way to go
Not much, I do have some experiences of unexpected hatchery buys off the auction house.
If they just stick out of my lair.
100kt, depends on the dragon genes and colors.
No
Does ID matter to you?
No
Does lineage matter?
Yes, I don’t want a parent name and a offspring list having names like “soupfeaster”. Naming fodder saves my life.
A nice bonus, but I doesnt effect the dragon I purchase
Ridgebacks, never liked them.
No, but it will be neat if only im not too attached to my dergs already.
I don't really think I have a preference on this that comes to mind. More popular colors (like Orca, obsidian, sanguine,wine, etc.) can make it difficult to get dragons I want, but it is what it is!

Yes! I have a few 'rules' for a dragon to be in my lair. Eye color matching is one of them. Part of the reason I do this is to make it even more of a challenge to find what I want, and another is to prevent me from buying dragons I don't need! I've tried covering eyes with apparel in the past, and some dragons it doesn't bother me, but I got sick of having to slap it on every single dragon if I didn't want their eye color to clash.

Yes, at least in my lair. I've seen plenty of dragons I think look great as a basic tert, but it takes some of the fun/challenge out of it for me. Got three colors, might as well use them!

Do you collect G1s?
I am exclusively a G1 lair.

I usually end up using gem or baldwin genes. I don't pick gem genes because they're "more fancy"; I just actually like several of them (especially bee, glimmer, wraith,,). Wish I didn't, life would be so much easier! I also use Skink, Pin, Trail, and Capsule a ton just because I like the way they look.

Typically design around the dragon! Sometimes I KNOW I want a dragon with a specific color/gene combo (for example: "I want a dragon with pearl poison") and I'll hunt specifically for it. But typically I just find something I like and figure it out from there.

As I mentioned, as per my rules, I have to avoid a lot of dragons. If they're female, an XYZ, bred, non-G1, or have unmatching eyes, I can't have em! I did this partially for just my preference and mainly to prevent me from buying every cute G1 I find. I had that problem when I started FR, and having so many ungened dragons in my lair made me feel bad and I was going to quit.

Depends. Typically my colors go together in some way.

Depends! I tend to do mixed genes for the variety, but sometimes nothing beats a nice match.

For my dragons, yes! But thats only for them to have forever. As a G1 collector, I buy pretty much only triple basics, so it absolutely won't stop me from buying. Again tho, I've seen plenty of other dragons that aren't mine that rocked a basic look!

Sort of. Each tab kinda has its own theme. So I buy for each tab theme, and not one giant lair theme (though I wish I could. I just love variety).

G1 collector ; W ; So no!

Just because I don't buy from them doesn't mean I don't look at em! I really like seeing hatcheries with a pretty layout, easy to understand breeding cards, and nice dragons. They're just fun to see! Unappealing would be the opposite. I don't buy from them again because I'm a G1 collector, but I know some players who aren't G1 collectors don't like that I think they tend to be more expensive that 'normal' dragons?? I could be completely wrong though because I only know the G1 market.

All.

All kidding aside, I don't really have a limit. If I like it enough, and I think its worth it, and I can somehow scrounge up the funds, I'll do it. The most I've paid to date for one (1) dragon [not taking into account his genes, outfit, etc.] was 65kg ((Wick & Fatal were about this price)). It took an ungodly amount of saving, but,, there is no price tag on my love,,

Sometimes! There's days I just think are Neat. Like the eclipse, or the new year, or my anniversary with my partner, etc. Sometimes I'll search for a dragon with a hatch date like this, but I typically don't actively hunt them down. If I find one I like with a cool hatch day, bonus.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope! A cool ID is always a neat touch, but I've never gone out of my way to get a specific ID.

Does lineage matter?
The lack of lineage does.

Nice bonus!

I tend to dislike Tundras and Snappers (though the babies are adorable). However, if the scry looks best on a breed, I don't care what it is- I'll go for that. Except Imperials of course. Can't do that.

I am not a mono lair, but I considered it for a brief moment. I tragically adore Wildclaws which has utterly destroyed my wallet. I would go with them, I think, or possibly Coatls (not much better, huh?) if I had to. Those breeds are most of my lair I think, though Banescales have made a popular choice!
I don't really think I have a preference on this that comes to mind. More popular colors (like Orca, obsidian, sanguine,wine, etc.) can make it difficult to get dragons I want, but it is what it is!

Yes! I have a few 'rules' for a dragon to be in my lair. Eye color matching is one of them. Part of the reason I do this is to make it even more of a challenge to find what I want, and another is to prevent me from buying dragons I don't need! I've tried covering eyes with apparel in the past, and some dragons it doesn't bother me, but I got sick of having to slap it on every single dragon if I didn't want their eye color to clash.

Yes, at least in my lair. I've seen plenty of dragons I think look great as a basic tert, but it takes some of the fun/challenge out of it for me. Got three colors, might as well use them!

Do you collect G1s?
I am exclusively a G1 lair.

I usually end up using gem or baldwin genes. I don't pick gem genes because they're "more fancy"; I just actually like several of them (especially bee, glimmer, wraith,,). Wish I didn't, life would be so much easier! I also use Skink, Pin, Trail, and Capsule a ton just because I like the way they look.

Typically design around the dragon! Sometimes I KNOW I want a dragon with a specific color/gene combo (for example: "I want a dragon with pearl poison") and I'll hunt specifically for it. But typically I just find something I like and figure it out from there.

As I mentioned, as per my rules, I have to avoid a lot of dragons. If they're female, an XYZ, bred, non-G1, or have unmatching eyes, I can't have em! I did this partially for just my preference and mainly to prevent me from buying every cute G1 I find. I had that problem when I started FR, and having so many ungened dragons in my lair made me feel bad and I was going to quit.

Depends. Typically my colors go together in some way.

Depends! I tend to do mixed genes for the variety, but sometimes nothing beats a nice match.

For my dragons, yes! But thats only for them to have forever. As a G1 collector, I buy pretty much only triple basics, so it absolutely won't stop me from buying. Again tho, I've seen plenty of other dragons that aren't mine that rocked a basic look!

Sort of. Each tab kinda has its own theme. So I buy for each tab theme, and not one giant lair theme (though I wish I could. I just love variety).

G1 collector ; W ; So no!

Just because I don't buy from them doesn't mean I don't look at em! I really like seeing hatcheries with a pretty layout, easy to understand breeding cards, and nice dragons. They're just fun to see! Unappealing would be the opposite. I don't buy from them again because I'm a G1 collector, but I know some players who aren't G1 collectors don't like that I think they tend to be more expensive that 'normal' dragons?? I could be completely wrong though because I only know the G1 market.

All.

All kidding aside, I don't really have a limit. If I like it enough, and I think its worth it, and I can somehow scrounge up the funds, I'll do it. The most I've paid to date for one (1) dragon [not taking into account his genes, outfit, etc.] was 65kg ((Wick & Fatal were about this price)). It took an ungodly amount of saving, but,, there is no price tag on my love,,

Sometimes! There's days I just think are Neat. Like the eclipse, or the new year, or my anniversary with my partner, etc. Sometimes I'll search for a dragon with a hatch date like this, but I typically don't actively hunt them down. If I find one I like with a cool hatch day, bonus.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope! A cool ID is always a neat touch, but I've never gone out of my way to get a specific ID.

Does lineage matter?
The lack of lineage does.

Nice bonus!

I tend to dislike Tundras and Snappers (though the babies are adorable). However, if the scry looks best on a breed, I don't care what it is- I'll go for that. Except Imperials of course. Can't do that.

I am not a mono lair, but I considered it for a brief moment. I tragically adore Wildclaws which has utterly destroyed my wallet. I would go with them, I think, or possibly Coatls (not much better, huh?) if I had to. Those breeds are most of my lair I think, though Banescales have made a popular choice!
QXokmAc.pngtumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngWEcoFAH.png
I don’t usually have a preference, but I think Eldritch/Mint-Peacock is criminally hard to find.

A dragon with eyes that match their scheme well is great, but if it clashes hard enough, I just slap a Daredevil cover on and call it a day. This is bypassed if the dragon is a fandragon.

A filled in tertiary is well and good, but if the tert color doesn’t fit, then it doesn’t fit! I’m not about to waste money to apply a gene that won’t look good!

Do you collect G1s?
If by ‘collect’, you mean hoard, then yes! I am an avid collector of G1s!

Pinstripe and Capsule are two that I use most often, but anything that has a secondary accent color to it is fair game for me, as it helps tie colors together in a way other genes can’t.

If the dragon is a G1, I will pick out a scry before I buy them. If the dragon is NonG1, I probably already like the way they look, and won’t be changing anything.

Overly clashing colors that cannot work together, or already named dragons. The first reason is obvious, but having to use rename scrolls is annoying, as the price does rack up eventually.

Ah! Color balance is key! Not all colors on a dragon HAVE TO match, but neither are they imbalanced! Contrasting colors do not mean clashing colors, and orange looks perfectly lovely with green when done correctly! I suppose the answer here, is that so long as I can make it look good, I prefer it!

A peek into my lair says that I don’t overuse matching genes, but they are still visible in my various assortment of dragons. I like what I like, and I like pretty.

If a dragon can look good in basic, that’s fine! While I do prefer at least a Primary gene, I don’t think I’d say basic is unappealing to me, rather, I’d say it’s a bit of a nice clean canvas to work on, despite being a hassle for the bank account. Besides, G1s start as Triple Basic, and I like G1s.

Ehhhh, I guess? I don’t go into the AH buying up everything that looks good, as a fodder trainer I guess I’ve learned to kill that side of me, since I’ve exalted oh so mamy gorgeous dragons. I patiently wait for a dragon with the color range I want to show up within a reasonable price, and try not to look at anything else.

Not that I can remember, I’m sure I have expressed an interest in some hatchlings, but never bought any.

The price of some hatchery dragons is insane. I understand you put a lot of work into it, but I am not about to buy a dragon I can start a breeding project for.

During the Banescale release I pushed all sanity aside and bought a lovely XYY G1 Bane with matching eyes for 700g. He sits in my lair to this day, a reminder of how far I am willing to go. Never again, I say! I have a great many projects, and have sworn an oath to remain under the 100g threshold for dragon buying.

Not particularly?

Does ID matter to you?
Not when buying, but afterwards I may notice a dragon has a neat looking ID, and feel a little spark of joy because of it.

Does lineage matter?
Only if it’s a sentimental purpose, I’m not going to buy a Naomi Descendant because it’s a Naomi Descendant. I did, however, buy two dragons who share a common ancestor, that being the dragon who shares an ID with me. A skydancer by the name of Orentil.
Now, if a dragon doesn’t have a lineage, well, that is also important, I adore G1s.

Normally it’s a nice bonus, but again, I have searched for dragons with a specific lineage before...
I have searched for dragons without lineage. :D

No, I don’t avoid certain breeds, I just lean towards others more strongly. It isn’t that I dislike the breed, I just like others more.

I could never ignore any breed’s existence! I have not considered being a Mono, but if I had to choose, I would pick Guardians, my progen is a Guardian, and I love her too dearly to be rid of her. Plus the F pose for Guardians is just too great.
I don’t usually have a preference, but I think Eldritch/Mint-Peacock is criminally hard to find.

A dragon with eyes that match their scheme well is great, but if it clashes hard enough, I just slap a Daredevil cover on and call it a day. This is bypassed if the dragon is a fandragon.

A filled in tertiary is well and good, but if the tert color doesn’t fit, then it doesn’t fit! I’m not about to waste money to apply a gene that won’t look good!

Do you collect G1s?
If by ‘collect’, you mean hoard, then yes! I am an avid collector of G1s!

Pinstripe and Capsule are two that I use most often, but anything that has a secondary accent color to it is fair game for me, as it helps tie colors together in a way other genes can’t.

If the dragon is a G1, I will pick out a scry before I buy them. If the dragon is NonG1, I probably already like the way they look, and won’t be changing anything.

Overly clashing colors that cannot work together, or already named dragons. The first reason is obvious, but having to use rename scrolls is annoying, as the price does rack up eventually.

Ah! Color balance is key! Not all colors on a dragon HAVE TO match, but neither are they imbalanced! Contrasting colors do not mean clashing colors, and orange looks perfectly lovely with green when done correctly! I suppose the answer here, is that so long as I can make it look good, I prefer it!

A peek into my lair says that I don’t overuse matching genes, but they are still visible in my various assortment of dragons. I like what I like, and I like pretty.

If a dragon can look good in basic, that’s fine! While I do prefer at least a Primary gene, I don’t think I’d say basic is unappealing to me, rather, I’d say it’s a bit of a nice clean canvas to work on, despite being a hassle for the bank account. Besides, G1s start as Triple Basic, and I like G1s.

Ehhhh, I guess? I don’t go into the AH buying up everything that looks good, as a fodder trainer I guess I’ve learned to kill that side of me, since I’ve exalted oh so mamy gorgeous dragons. I patiently wait for a dragon with the color range I want to show up within a reasonable price, and try not to look at anything else.

Not that I can remember, I’m sure I have expressed an interest in some hatchlings, but never bought any.

The price of some hatchery dragons is insane. I understand you put a lot of work into it, but I am not about to buy a dragon I can start a breeding project for.

During the Banescale release I pushed all sanity aside and bought a lovely XYY G1 Bane with matching eyes for 700g. He sits in my lair to this day, a reminder of how far I am willing to go. Never again, I say! I have a great many projects, and have sworn an oath to remain under the 100g threshold for dragon buying.

Not particularly?

Does ID matter to you?
Not when buying, but afterwards I may notice a dragon has a neat looking ID, and feel a little spark of joy because of it.

Does lineage matter?
Only if it’s a sentimental purpose, I’m not going to buy a Naomi Descendant because it’s a Naomi Descendant. I did, however, buy two dragons who share a common ancestor, that being the dragon who shares an ID with me. A skydancer by the name of Orentil.
Now, if a dragon doesn’t have a lineage, well, that is also important, I adore G1s.

Normally it’s a nice bonus, but again, I have searched for dragons with a specific lineage before...
I have searched for dragons without lineage. :D

No, I don’t avoid certain breeds, I just lean towards others more strongly. It isn’t that I dislike the breed, I just like others more.

I could never ignore any breed’s existence! I have not considered being a Mono, but if I had to choose, I would pick Guardians, my progen is a Guardian, and I love her too dearly to be rid of her. Plus the F pose for Guardians is just too great.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png

Okay, like, platinum is what I NEED. I really just want a good platidragon.

Eye types with colors don't matter much, I can just cover the eyes but even then, I don't really care.

Nah, I don't mind that. I usually try to use it first though.

Do you collect G1s?

Yep! If you count keeping mainly the dragons I kept myself as collecting...

Python. It's too good.

Yeah, why else would I buy the dragon then?

Wrong gender, not g1, or if it's a bred g1.

Not all of the colors need to match, but I like to make some color matching with fantastic a c c e n t i n g c o l o r s.

I like to mix it all up in a great disaster.

Nope, I can deal with it and it's cheap.

if they match my fandragon ideas then i'll buy that dragon

I tend to really avoid them because IF IT ISN'T AN ORPHAN IT'S GOING TO THE LIGHTYEETER.

"Please name/don't exalt my hatchlings" as if you have any control over a dragon you do NOT own anymore. Seriously it's annoying. Also 30kt+ dragon with fodder color and gene combination like who are you kidding.

500g

Not really all of the time, but if there's a date special to me then GIVE ME THE OMLETTES.

Does ID matter to you?

Not one bit. Unless it's old and has pretty. Then I want it.

Does lineage matter?

I will not buy g1s with offspring. If I do by accident, then I yeet it. I don't really care about linage regarding fodder.

It's a nice bonus.

Not a fan of bogsneks, sorry.

NOOOO never in a million years I need variation or else I'll go insane.

If I did become a monolair, probably choosing Pearlcatchers. Little unicorn dergs.

Okay, like, platinum is what I NEED. I really just want a good platidragon.

Eye types with colors don't matter much, I can just cover the eyes but even then, I don't really care.

Nah, I don't mind that. I usually try to use it first though.

Do you collect G1s?

Yep! If you count keeping mainly the dragons I kept myself as collecting...

Python. It's too good.

Yeah, why else would I buy the dragon then?

Wrong gender, not g1, or if it's a bred g1.

Not all of the colors need to match, but I like to make some color matching with fantastic a c c e n t i n g c o l o r s.

I like to mix it all up in a great disaster.

Nope, I can deal with it and it's cheap.

if they match my fandragon ideas then i'll buy that dragon

I tend to really avoid them because IF IT ISN'T AN ORPHAN IT'S GOING TO THE LIGHTYEETER.

"Please name/don't exalt my hatchlings" as if you have any control over a dragon you do NOT own anymore. Seriously it's annoying. Also 30kt+ dragon with fodder color and gene combination like who are you kidding.

500g

Not really all of the time, but if there's a date special to me then GIVE ME THE OMLETTES.

Does ID matter to you?

Not one bit. Unless it's old and has pretty. Then I want it.

Does lineage matter?

I will not buy g1s with offspring. If I do by accident, then I yeet it. I don't really care about linage regarding fodder.

It's a nice bonus.

Not a fan of bogsneks, sorry.

NOOOO never in a million years I need variation or else I'll go insane.

If I did become a monolair, probably choosing Pearlcatchers. Little unicorn dergs.
What colors do you wish were more common/ less expensive?
Can't say there are any specific colors I have trouble finding. Combinations of certain colors, that can be a challenge! I tend to be cheap, so if I see a color combo I love I am more likely to try to breed for it than to shell out several hundred gems.

Sometimes. I have dragons that, no joke, the eye color combined with the other colors is just perfect. And there have been dragons I sort of liked, but decided against because I didn't like it enough to compensate for a blah eye color. But much of the time eye color is a neutral thing.

While I love a well-matched tert gene, or at least the potential for one, it's not critical.

Do you collect G1s?
<glances nervously at lair and den> What makes you think that?

It really depends on the dragon, but I have a weak spot for Savannah, Safari, Skink, Metallic, Chevron, and Arrow. But it's more that certain colors really look good with certain genes on certain breeds. Take Spring Wasp on female Guardians, for example.

The only dragons I've bought for a design are the fandragons. The rest of the time the design happens around the dragon. There have been instances though where I saw a nice color/gene combo in another lair and wanted to do something like that.

Pink. Also nasty parent or offspring names. FR's censors take care of a lot, but every now and then something slips through.

I like saturated colors, so I like some degree of contrast. Triples are hit-or-miss with me, and doubles I'm happier if there's a pop of contrast. But I don't go in for eyeburners generally.

Some of my favorite dragons are fodder with mixed genes that happen to look really neat together. I've got my share of matched genes, but it's definitely not an all-or-nothing to me.

Naah. Sometimes there'll be an accent or a skin that needs a basic background to really look good. Other times I'll find a dragon where the tert is bright and they look really good with say basic/basic/Runes. I have a lot of dragons with gene plans, but am really slow to actually implement those plans most of the time.

Is organized chaos a theme?

Occasionally.

About hatcheries? I like that you can often predict what you are going to get, and sometimes the parents have interesting lore. The biggest drawback is that hatchery dragons may be expensive, and I'm cheap.

Under normal circumstances? 300 gems tops, and that's rare; usually I troll through the fodder listings instead. Please don't ask about the 5-digits or the G1 Primal, they were all on off days and my OCD got the better of me. :P

Occasionally. <cuddles palindrome day dragon>

Does ID matter to you?
<shoves 5-digits back into hiding>

Does lineage matter?
Only as far as if it gives me a lore idea. I haven't sought out any specific lineages.

I'm not organized enough to do a search like that! The closest I've come is looking for a dragon hatched on a given holiday, or deciding to keep a fodder dragon that happened to be hatched on my birthday.

No.

Heck no. I like variety and there are too many nice-looking dragons out there. Also, different genes look good on different breeds. Peacock on Fae? Fabulous!
Can't say there are any specific colors I have trouble finding. Combinations of certain colors, that can be a challenge! I tend to be cheap, so if I see a color combo I love I am more likely to try to breed for it than to shell out several hundred gems.

Sometimes. I have dragons that, no joke, the eye color combined with the other colors is just perfect. And there have been dragons I sort of liked, but decided against because I didn't like it enough to compensate for a blah eye color. But much of the time eye color is a neutral thing.

While I love a well-matched tert gene, or at least the potential for one, it's not critical.

Do you collect G1s?
<glances nervously at lair and den> What makes you think that?

It really depends on the dragon, but I have a weak spot for Savannah, Safari, Skink, Metallic, Chevron, and Arrow. But it's more that certain colors really look good with certain genes on certain breeds. Take Spring Wasp on female Guardians, for example.

The only dragons I've bought for a design are the fandragons. The rest of the time the design happens around the dragon. There have been instances though where I saw a nice color/gene combo in another lair and wanted to do something like that.

Pink. Also nasty parent or offspring names. FR's censors take care of a lot, but every now and then something slips through.

I like saturated colors, so I like some degree of contrast. Triples are hit-or-miss with me, and doubles I'm happier if there's a pop of contrast. But I don't go in for eyeburners generally.

Some of my favorite dragons are fodder with mixed genes that happen to look really neat together. I've got my share of matched genes, but it's definitely not an all-or-nothing to me.

Naah. Sometimes there'll be an accent or a skin that needs a basic background to really look good. Other times I'll find a dragon where the tert is bright and they look really good with say basic/basic/Runes. I have a lot of dragons with gene plans, but am really slow to actually implement those plans most of the time.

Is organized chaos a theme?

Occasionally.

About hatcheries? I like that you can often predict what you are going to get, and sometimes the parents have interesting lore. The biggest drawback is that hatchery dragons may be expensive, and I'm cheap.

Under normal circumstances? 300 gems tops, and that's rare; usually I troll through the fodder listings instead. Please don't ask about the 5-digits or the G1 Primal, they were all on off days and my OCD got the better of me. :P

Occasionally. <cuddles palindrome day dragon>

Does ID matter to you?
<shoves 5-digits back into hiding>

Does lineage matter?
Only as far as if it gives me a lore idea. I haven't sought out any specific lineages.

I'm not organized enough to do a search like that! The closest I've come is looking for a dragon hatched on a given holiday, or deciding to keep a fodder dragon that happened to be hatched on my birthday.

No.

Heck no. I like variety and there are too many nice-looking dragons out there. Also, different genes look good on different breeds. Peacock on Fae? Fabulous!
riVr93C.png
Man, I don't know. I don't really go for specific color combos all that often. I wish weird combos and some of the less-loved colors like Spring got more love.

Sometimes. If it's noticeable, it matters, or if I'm looking for specifics for lore reasons. I've sought out a couple of specific primals, for instance, and I'm picky about eye color on my fandragons. On the breeds with tiny eyes, anything goes.

Heck no. Two of my favorites have had Basic terts for all of the four years I've had them.

Do you collect G1s?
Not really. I like hatching G1s, and I've gotten a few from friends, but their actual status as G1 doesn't really matter to me.

I think Clown and Veined. I'm up to five Veineds brewed and I think I once counted at least that many Clown scrolls bought. I'm also a big fan of Savannah.

Usually the former, anymore. My flight reps have been designed around what I got, but now I'm mostly into the fandragon business so I design first, then find the dragon.

If they're boring, I guess? I don't really have a Taste and I don't really buy dragons for looks much.

I much prefer contrasting colors.

Mixed. A lot of times matched genes look too busy or too same-y.

Not usually. Dragons with Basic secondaries and gened primaries/terts tend to look weird to me though.

No theme.

I don't seek them out, but if the dragon I need comes from one, that's fine.

I really don't have an opinion on hatcheries. My taste just doesn't usually fit them. They're useful when I'm looking for an actual nice color combo though.

On the dragon itself? Not much. Genes and apparel and stuff? A few kg, a few hundred kT. I don't total entire projects so I don't really know for sure.

Sometimes. I have a few dragons that I have because of a specific date, and then I have some dragons that I hatched on a specific date but don't really find the date important anymore.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope. My birthday-date-ID dragon is the only one that I have for his ID, and I do think it's neat that my Light rep and a dragon closely connected to her have IDs that are almost identical.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Nice bonus, except for the aforementioned birthday-ID dragon.

I wouldn't say I avoid them per se, but I can't really bring myself to like Gaolers enough for them to find a place in my lair apart from Brigitte.

Nope and nope. I like too many things, want to make too many fandragons, have too many sentimental dragons that I wouldn't change.
Man, I don't know. I don't really go for specific color combos all that often. I wish weird combos and some of the less-loved colors like Spring got more love.

Sometimes. If it's noticeable, it matters, or if I'm looking for specifics for lore reasons. I've sought out a couple of specific primals, for instance, and I'm picky about eye color on my fandragons. On the breeds with tiny eyes, anything goes.

Heck no. Two of my favorites have had Basic terts for all of the four years I've had them.

Do you collect G1s?
Not really. I like hatching G1s, and I've gotten a few from friends, but their actual status as G1 doesn't really matter to me.

I think Clown and Veined. I'm up to five Veineds brewed and I think I once counted at least that many Clown scrolls bought. I'm also a big fan of Savannah.

Usually the former, anymore. My flight reps have been designed around what I got, but now I'm mostly into the fandragon business so I design first, then find the dragon.

If they're boring, I guess? I don't really have a Taste and I don't really buy dragons for looks much.

I much prefer contrasting colors.

Mixed. A lot of times matched genes look too busy or too same-y.

Not usually. Dragons with Basic secondaries and gened primaries/terts tend to look weird to me though.

No theme.

I don't seek them out, but if the dragon I need comes from one, that's fine.

I really don't have an opinion on hatcheries. My taste just doesn't usually fit them. They're useful when I'm looking for an actual nice color combo though.

On the dragon itself? Not much. Genes and apparel and stuff? A few kg, a few hundred kT. I don't total entire projects so I don't really know for sure.

Sometimes. I have a few dragons that I have because of a specific date, and then I have some dragons that I hatched on a specific date but don't really find the date important anymore.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope. My birthday-date-ID dragon is the only one that I have for his ID, and I do think it's neat that my Light rep and a dragon closely connected to her have IDs that are almost identical.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Nice bonus, except for the aforementioned birthday-ID dragon.

I wouldn't say I avoid them per se, but I can't really bring myself to like Gaolers enough for them to find a place in my lair apart from Brigitte.

Nope and nope. I like too many things, want to make too many fandragons, have too many sentimental dragons that I wouldn't change.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Vermillion! It’s such a pretty color, my favorite on the site, but compared to other reds like sanguine it’s painfully rare.

Only when I’m making fandragons! Otherwise I really don’t care very much, but it’s a nice bonus if they DO match.

Honestly yeah, it does. Seems like a waste to me to not try and incorporate all the colors of a dragon.

Do you collect G1s?
I have a few, but I’m by no means a collector.

Not a collector, but probably capsule.

Only for fandragons, but outside of that, nope.

Nothing in particular, but I tend to be really picky in general about the dragons I want. Not crazy about certain genes or colors, but there are always exceptions.

Contrasting! But like, in a good way. I really love having many different colors, but with accent colors that go with each other. Really not sure how to explain it.

Mixed. Mixed for sure.

Yeah, it is. I can’t unsee how barren it looks now that I see all the genes out there.

Sort of. I like reds, blacks, and whites a lot. I have exceptions though, like golds and purples.

Yep!

I love the unique color combos people come up with, but the prices people ask for them kill me a little inside sometimes lol. Not that I blame them since selling dragons if difficult.

I think the mist I’ve spent, raw, on a new dragon is about 250g/kt. Would probably spend up to 300g. Anything more seems excessive.

Only if I’m looking for a specific holiday dragon, which has so far included birthday, leap year, and some halloween that I purchased without knowing.

Does ID matter to you?
Nah.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Nice bonus.

Nah. I’m not crazy about Snappers but that’s just because I haven’t found one I like yet.

No I am not, and I have not considered it seriously. If I did become a mono lair though, it’d probably be either Wildclaws or Skydancers.
Vermillion! It’s such a pretty color, my favorite on the site, but compared to other reds like sanguine it’s painfully rare.

Only when I’m making fandragons! Otherwise I really don’t care very much, but it’s a nice bonus if they DO match.

Honestly yeah, it does. Seems like a waste to me to not try and incorporate all the colors of a dragon.

Do you collect G1s?
I have a few, but I’m by no means a collector.

Not a collector, but probably capsule.

Only for fandragons, but outside of that, nope.

Nothing in particular, but I tend to be really picky in general about the dragons I want. Not crazy about certain genes or colors, but there are always exceptions.

Contrasting! But like, in a good way. I really love having many different colors, but with accent colors that go with each other. Really not sure how to explain it.

Mixed. Mixed for sure.

Yeah, it is. I can’t unsee how barren it looks now that I see all the genes out there.

Sort of. I like reds, blacks, and whites a lot. I have exceptions though, like golds and purples.

Yep!

I love the unique color combos people come up with, but the prices people ask for them kill me a little inside sometimes lol. Not that I blame them since selling dragons if difficult.

I think the mist I’ve spent, raw, on a new dragon is about 250g/kt. Would probably spend up to 300g. Anything more seems excessive.

Only if I’m looking for a specific holiday dragon, which has so far included birthday, leap year, and some halloween that I purchased without knowing.

Does ID matter to you?
Nah.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Nice bonus.

Nah. I’m not crazy about Snappers but that’s just because I haven’t found one I like yet.

No I am not, and I have not considered it seriously. If I did become a mono lair though, it’d probably be either Wildclaws or Skydancers.
JflGBHo.png
I've always had a problem finding a nice grey-range dragon. I wish I could get more specific beyond that, but there really aren't that many good looking dragons (in my opinion) that are for sale with those colors.

Generally no, but there have been instances where I've specifically looked for dragons with certain eyes. For a while I was trying to collect a dragon with each of the new eye types, but after getting all the primal eyes that project lost a bit of steam on my end. There were also instances in lore where I specifically wanted say a Plague dragon. I also created a rule where ancients in my lair all need to have different flights, but that's really just a way for me to keep my lair from being over run with the new breeds.

Nope. Different things look good on different dragons.

Do you collect G1s?
Currently the majority of my lair isn't gen 1. I'm debating putting all of my current dragons in my hib den and starting a gen 1 only lair, but I don't know if I'm up for that. It definitely wouldn't be until after I finished collecting eggs for my mass hatch if it were to happen.

My "defaults" are usually jaguar and runes.

Usually I create an outfit and sometimes even a bit of lore before I start hunting for the right dragon.

Probably price. A lot of dragons simply aren't appealing to me because I just can't see them fitting into my clan's lore.

Contrasting is usually better.

Usually mixed.

Nope. My favorite dragon has a basic primary and secondary.

For a while I was only buying witchy dragons, but I don't have the restraint to keep to a theme anymore.

Usually no.

I'm assuming the "them" is hatcheries? Usually the dragons are too expensive.

Typically under 100k

Nope. Besides certain instances like birthday/holidays, but I'm rarely looking for those.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Beyond the occasional birthday/holiday dragon it's usually a nice bonus. I typically forget to even look at those things tbh.

Bogsneaks.

I've considered it. I'd pick Skydancers. I think one of the main things that held me back from doing it is how expensive the scrolls are!
I've always had a problem finding a nice grey-range dragon. I wish I could get more specific beyond that, but there really aren't that many good looking dragons (in my opinion) that are for sale with those colors.

Generally no, but there have been instances where I've specifically looked for dragons with certain eyes. For a while I was trying to collect a dragon with each of the new eye types, but after getting all the primal eyes that project lost a bit of steam on my end. There were also instances in lore where I specifically wanted say a Plague dragon. I also created a rule where ancients in my lair all need to have different flights, but that's really just a way for me to keep my lair from being over run with the new breeds.

Nope. Different things look good on different dragons.

Do you collect G1s?
Currently the majority of my lair isn't gen 1. I'm debating putting all of my current dragons in my hib den and starting a gen 1 only lair, but I don't know if I'm up for that. It definitely wouldn't be until after I finished collecting eggs for my mass hatch if it were to happen.

My "defaults" are usually jaguar and runes.

Usually I create an outfit and sometimes even a bit of lore before I start hunting for the right dragon.

Probably price. A lot of dragons simply aren't appealing to me because I just can't see them fitting into my clan's lore.

Contrasting is usually better.

Usually mixed.

Nope. My favorite dragon has a basic primary and secondary.

For a while I was only buying witchy dragons, but I don't have the restraint to keep to a theme anymore.

Usually no.

I'm assuming the "them" is hatcheries? Usually the dragons are too expensive.

Typically under 100k

Nope. Besides certain instances like birthday/holidays, but I'm rarely looking for those.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope.

Does lineage matter?
Nope.

Beyond the occasional birthday/holiday dragon it's usually a nice bonus. I typically forget to even look at those things tbh.

Bogsneaks.

I've considered it. I'd pick Skydancers. I think one of the main things that held me back from doing it is how expensive the scrolls are!
More wild, neon/vaporwave color combos that aren't the standard triple Orchid or Abyss/Abyss/Cyan.

Usually yes. I like that matchy matchy. Makes my brain happy to have, say, a Fire dragon that actually looks like it came from Fire territory.

I prefer it, but I have a few that don't.

Do you collect G1s?
Foremost I collect Ice G1s, to be breedchanged into Gaolers for my all-Gaoler subclan. I also have a few of my own hatches from special dates, and have been thinking about having at least one G1 for each Ancient species, of the species' Flight of origin.

Pin/Trail and Poi/Tox can add some good depth to otherwise lackluster primary and secondary colors, as well as Stained to save bad terts.

I will either buy a dragon for a specified role in my lore, or restrain my impulse purchases to dragons that fit in with the theme of any of my subclans.

Bred dragons and dragons that would require extensive regenening to look good(unless it's a fandragon project/G1/special eyes).

Depends on the colors/genes! I like uniform palettes, but trying new stuff is always fun too.

Either works.

Not particularly, though I do prefer gened to ungened in most situations. I do have a few dragons that work best with Basic instead of a cluttered gene pattern though, and it's just par for the course on G1s prior to geneing.

I like for my dragons to give off a vibe that they believably belong in the lore for whatever subclan I put them in.

Only if they aren't unnecessarily expensive.

Appealing is the nice themed color combos, particularly rarer ones.
Unappealing is as I said above, with pompously overinflated prices because the breeder thinks their dragons are ~special~ just because they have a hatchery badge slapped in their bio.

Roughly 50kt/g on your everyday common dragon, up to about 200kt/g on common dragons with special eyes/extremely rare color combos, and up to 500kt/g on a G1 with good colors.

Money spent on geneing projects and outfits varies wildly depending on how important the dragon is to me.

Nah.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope.

Does lineage matter?
I usually ignore/don't mention a dragon's actual parents in lore, so no.

Nice bonus.

Snappers, particularly the males, because the pose is just so awkward and clunky.
I love the breed, but the art is just...eh.

Props to anyone who owns a mono-lair 'cause I could never choose to have just one breed in my lair.
More wild, neon/vaporwave color combos that aren't the standard triple Orchid or Abyss/Abyss/Cyan.

Usually yes. I like that matchy matchy. Makes my brain happy to have, say, a Fire dragon that actually looks like it came from Fire territory.

I prefer it, but I have a few that don't.

Do you collect G1s?
Foremost I collect Ice G1s, to be breedchanged into Gaolers for my all-Gaoler subclan. I also have a few of my own hatches from special dates, and have been thinking about having at least one G1 for each Ancient species, of the species' Flight of origin.

Pin/Trail and Poi/Tox can add some good depth to otherwise lackluster primary and secondary colors, as well as Stained to save bad terts.

I will either buy a dragon for a specified role in my lore, or restrain my impulse purchases to dragons that fit in with the theme of any of my subclans.

Bred dragons and dragons that would require extensive regenening to look good(unless it's a fandragon project/G1/special eyes).

Depends on the colors/genes! I like uniform palettes, but trying new stuff is always fun too.

Either works.

Not particularly, though I do prefer gened to ungened in most situations. I do have a few dragons that work best with Basic instead of a cluttered gene pattern though, and it's just par for the course on G1s prior to geneing.

I like for my dragons to give off a vibe that they believably belong in the lore for whatever subclan I put them in.

Only if they aren't unnecessarily expensive.

Appealing is the nice themed color combos, particularly rarer ones.
Unappealing is as I said above, with pompously overinflated prices because the breeder thinks their dragons are ~special~ just because they have a hatchery badge slapped in their bio.

Roughly 50kt/g on your everyday common dragon, up to about 200kt/g on common dragons with special eyes/extremely rare color combos, and up to 500kt/g on a G1 with good colors.

Money spent on geneing projects and outfits varies wildly depending on how important the dragon is to me.

Nah.

Does ID matter to you?
Nope.

Does lineage matter?
I usually ignore/don't mention a dragon's actual parents in lore, so no.

Nice bonus.

Snappers, particularly the males, because the pose is just so awkward and clunky.
I love the breed, but the art is just...eh.

Props to anyone who owns a mono-lair 'cause I could never choose to have just one breed in my lair.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7