Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Random dragon questions for FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So, to start, what colors do you wish were more common/ less expensive?

Honestly don't know which colors are supposed to be expensive rN.

Does eye type/color matter to you? And if so why?

If it matches, great! If it doesn't also great! It matters more that I like the dragon's colors than its eyes.

Does a dragon absolutely HAVE to have a Tertiary gene for you?

I prefer to use terts, but in a few cases basic is a godsend

Do you collect G1s?

Yes! Primarily a gen 1 lair.

If so, what genes do you use the most?

Whatever I'm into at the time. Had a period where I was obsessed with cherub/peregrine. Currently really like noxtide.

Do you buy dragons with a specific design you have planned or design around the dragon?

I design around the dragons' colors normally

What makes you typically avoid certain dragons?

Magenta terts kill me. The dragon will be perfect eyes, prim/sec, ect, and then magenta shows up and ruins my day. Over 1/2 of the eggs I've hatched myself have had magenta terts. I'm cursed.

Does all the dragons colors have to match or do you prefer contrasting ones?

I like both, depending on what the contrast is. Some combos just look awful no matter what I do.

Do you prefer mixed (Jag/Saf, Slime/Bee, etc.) genes rather than matched? (Genes that go together like Met/Al, Wasp/Bee, Iri/Shim, etc.)

I have more mixed dragons than matched, but I like both.

Is basic unappealing to you?

No, it looks fine. I just prefer another gene over basic most of the time. It can be really good for complicated skins/ accents!

Do you try to buy within a certain theme?
Does gen1 or gen2 imp count as a theme? I just but dragons I like otherwise.

Do you buy from hatcheries?
I'm on several gen 2 imp hatchery pinglists. Alas, the gen 1 life means I can't support may hatcheries, even if they produce quality hatches.

What's the most appealing/unappealing things about them?
Them as in hatcheries? I love the little cards with offspring range on them. Pair names can be really cute too!

What's the most T/G you're willing to spend on a dragon?
Base dragon? My highest is 2.5kg so far. W/ genes? Highest is around 8kg

Does hatch date matter to you?

Yes! I love getting holiday gen 1s or other interesting dates.

Does ID matter to you?
I have a 6 digit and one of the birthday id dragons from a few years back, otherwise a cool id is just a bonus.

Does lineage matter?
No, but I prefer to have few unnamed if I'm buying a prebred dragon. Like 2 or less.

Do you actively search for a dragon with a special date/ID/lineage or is it a nice bonus?

If it's the holiday or the day after, yes. Any other time no.

Is there any breed you exclusively avoid?
No

Are you a mono lair? Have you considered it? And if you did become a mono lair, what breed would you choose?

I never could. I like variety too much. Maybe coatls if I had to.

Honestly don't know which colors are supposed to be expensive rN.

If it matches, great! If it doesn't also great! It matters more that I like the dragon's colors than its eyes.

I prefer to use terts, but in a few cases basic is a godsend

Do you collect G1s?

Yes! Primarily a gen 1 lair.

Whatever I'm into at the time. Had a period where I was obsessed with cherub/peregrine. Currently really like noxtide.

Do you buy dragons with a specific design you have planned or design around the dragon?

I design around the dragons' colors normally

Magenta terts kill me. The dragon will be perfect eyes, prim/sec, ect, and then magenta shows up and ruins my day. Over 1/2 of the eggs I've hatched myself have had magenta terts. I'm cursed.

I like both, depending on what the contrast is. Some combos just look awful no matter what I do.

Do you prefer mixed (Jag/Saf, Slime/Bee, etc.) genes rather than matched? (Genes that go together like Met/Al, Wasp/Bee, Iri/Shim, etc.)

I have more mixed dragons than matched, but I like both.

No, it looks fine. I just prefer another gene over basic most of the time. It can be really good for complicated skins/ accents!

Does gen1 or gen2 imp count as a theme? I just but dragons I like otherwise.

I'm on several gen 2 imp hatchery pinglists. Alas, the gen 1 life means I can't support may hatcheries, even if they produce quality hatches.

Them as in hatcheries? I love the little cards with offspring range on them. Pair names can be really cute too!

Base dragon? My highest is 2.5kg so far. W/ genes? Highest is around 8kg

Yes! I love getting holiday gen 1s or other interesting dates.

Does ID matter to you?
I have a 6 digit and one of the birthday id dragons from a few years back, otherwise a cool id is just a bonus.

Does lineage matter?
No, but I prefer to have few unnamed if I'm buying a prebred dragon. Like 2 or less.

Do you actively search for a dragon with a special date/ID/lineage or is it a nice bonus?

If it's the holiday or the day after, yes. Any other time no.

No

Are you a mono lair? Have you considered it? And if you did become a mono lair, what breed would you choose?

I never could. I like variety too much. Maybe coatls if I had to.
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif

[*] FR +0
[*] 80% gen 1 lair. Please send help, my wallet is dying.
[*] Stay safe out there people!

What colors do you wish were more common/ less expensive?
I'm really noticing a dearth of lighter purples and greens (like heather, lavender, mint, aqua, seafoam) but ESPECIALLY on the same dragon. I like purple/green combos! So what if it makes everyone else think of Barney?

Depends. I might be looking for a very specific dragon (I breed fandragons for a friend). I like primals, multigaze and faceted, but I don't see the appeal of goat, so I don't keep them and won't pay extra for a goat-eyed dragon. I'm also addicted to Rare Shadow Spirals.

Well...I kind of feel like it's wasted potential if they don't have a gene; I find that in most cases Contour works pretty well and it's a lot cheaper than stained.

Do you collect G1s?
Not really. I have too many Ugly Primal Rehabilitation Projects for that.

I love accent colors, so Li/Nox, Poi/Tox, Fade/Blend, Pin/Trail, Iri/Shim, Swirl/Marbled...

Both! It depends on the project.

As mentioned before, I don't get Goat eyes. Eyeburners are generally a little too bright for me; one color is fine, but not all three. Although the traditional eyeburner colors can have some dazzling and non-eyeburnery results with the right genes. I can't stand Piebald/Paint, although that wouldn't keep me from buying a perfect color match for a project. Not fond of Snappers or Tundras, generally. Price over 45g/Kt is usually a no-go.

I like both! Some of my prettiest dragons have a high-contrast tert.

It depends on the accent colors. I'll always start a scry with matching genes, but eventually I usually settle on a combo that doesn't match but looks good together.

Generally, yes. The exceptions are White, Black, and Maize primary.

Yeeeeees...but I have a lot of different themes going on.

Not often. I can usually find what I'm looking for better on the AH for cheaper.

If a hatchery posts in a Dragons Wanted thread, it's really great to look at all the offered pairs. Most have pinglists for certain pairs, color combos, or eye types, which is nice. I'll probably browse them more when my lair space lets me. (ha ha).

Realistically, no more than 100g/kt. The most I've ever spent was 80g on a Light Primal Imperial, after I learned that Imperial scrolls were nigh impossible to come by. She had "ugly" genes and very much not-Light colors, but she was what I wanted, so I was happy.

Not really. I aim to hatch on "special" days because I know other people care, but I generally buy based on looks, not hatchdate.

Does ID matter to you?
Not really. I'd like to hatch a cool ID, but I'm not interested in buying one.

Does lineage matter?
Somewhat. I have several dragons from different lineage projects and I love to be able to continue another breeder's project. I only kind of get the whole "unbred G1" thing, and if I rescue a G1, they're probably going to be bred eventually.

I only searched for 1 Naomi dragon so that I could have one. Other than that, it's a nice bonus.

Don't like Snappers; I have my Earth reps and a pair of Frogs. That's it. I'm picky about Tundras and Bogsneaks; I think Bogs are cool but have yet to find a Bogsneak to fit into my lore.

No, not really, and I couldn't narrow it down. I like Mirrors, Banes, Skydancers, and Faes, but Guardians, Ridgebacks, and Imperials are growing on me.
I'm really noticing a dearth of lighter purples and greens (like heather, lavender, mint, aqua, seafoam) but ESPECIALLY on the same dragon. I like purple/green combos! So what if it makes everyone else think of Barney?

Depends. I might be looking for a very specific dragon (I breed fandragons for a friend). I like primals, multigaze and faceted, but I don't see the appeal of goat, so I don't keep them and won't pay extra for a goat-eyed dragon. I'm also addicted to Rare Shadow Spirals.

Well...I kind of feel like it's wasted potential if they don't have a gene; I find that in most cases Contour works pretty well and it's a lot cheaper than stained.

Do you collect G1s?
Not really. I have too many Ugly Primal Rehabilitation Projects for that.

I love accent colors, so Li/Nox, Poi/Tox, Fade/Blend, Pin/Trail, Iri/Shim, Swirl/Marbled...

Both! It depends on the project.

As mentioned before, I don't get Goat eyes. Eyeburners are generally a little too bright for me; one color is fine, but not all three. Although the traditional eyeburner colors can have some dazzling and non-eyeburnery results with the right genes. I can't stand Piebald/Paint, although that wouldn't keep me from buying a perfect color match for a project. Not fond of Snappers or Tundras, generally. Price over 45g/Kt is usually a no-go.

I like both! Some of my prettiest dragons have a high-contrast tert.

It depends on the accent colors. I'll always start a scry with matching genes, but eventually I usually settle on a combo that doesn't match but looks good together.

Generally, yes. The exceptions are White, Black, and Maize primary.

Yeeeeees...but I have a lot of different themes going on.

Not often. I can usually find what I'm looking for better on the AH for cheaper.

If a hatchery posts in a Dragons Wanted thread, it's really great to look at all the offered pairs. Most have pinglists for certain pairs, color combos, or eye types, which is nice. I'll probably browse them more when my lair space lets me. (ha ha).

Realistically, no more than 100g/kt. The most I've ever spent was 80g on a Light Primal Imperial, after I learned that Imperial scrolls were nigh impossible to come by. She had "ugly" genes and very much not-Light colors, but she was what I wanted, so I was happy.

Not really. I aim to hatch on "special" days because I know other people care, but I generally buy based on looks, not hatchdate.

Does ID matter to you?
Not really. I'd like to hatch a cool ID, but I'm not interested in buying one.

Does lineage matter?
Somewhat. I have several dragons from different lineage projects and I love to be able to continue another breeder's project. I only kind of get the whole "unbred G1" thing, and if I rescue a G1, they're probably going to be bred eventually.

I only searched for 1 Naomi dragon so that I could have one. Other than that, it's a nice bonus.

Don't like Snappers; I have my Earth reps and a pair of Frogs. That's it. I'm picky about Tundras and Bogsneaks; I think Bogs are cool but have yet to find a Bogsneak to fit into my lore.

No, not really, and I couldn't narrow it down. I like Mirrors, Banes, Skydancers, and Faes, but Guardians, Ridgebacks, and Imperials are growing on me.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png

No particular combo jumps out at me, but I do wish rare combos were more common.

~

Type only matters if I'm looking for a specific look. Color has to look good with the dragon's colors and genes.

~

Nope.

~

Do you collect G1s?

Eh, I wouldn't say I collect them, but I do have a few.

~

No particular preference for my genones. Whatever looks good!

~

Sometimes one, sometimes the other. It's situational. Sometimes I go into it knowing what lore slot I need filled, sometimes I let it come to me.

~

Pastels, clashing colors that in no way look good, eyeburners.

~

I don't have a preference for either.

~

I prefer mixed! Looks better that way imo.

~

Nah. In a lot of cases, basic is the perfect gene.

~

For lore, yes. For display, no.

~

Sometimes, but the graphics are so time consuming to read and sift through that I normally just go straight to the AH. Sure, graphics makes your shop look better, but I don't really care what breeding card your pair has. I want to see the dragon for sale.

~

If that explanation didn't cut it, the sheer amount of unnecessary text and images surrounding everything. It's annoying, personally. There's a fine line between tasteful decoration and a visual overload.

~

Doesn't matter as long as I like it enough to justify the price.

~

Normally, no, but there are some exceptions. Leap day and my genone scatter project from the day of the Area 51 raid are my favorites.

~

Does ID matter to you?

Heck nah. I couldn't care less if a dragon is 3 digits or 8, or has a cool number pattern.

~

Does lineage matter?

Nope, I never browse parents anyway. Idrc that the dragon is a double gen7 naomi descendant.

~

n/a due to my answers above, I don't care

~

I don't avoid any on purpose, but I still have yet to have a Bogsneak.

~

No no no no. Mono lairs are boring, you can fight me :X

No particular combo jumps out at me, but I do wish rare combos were more common.

~

Type only matters if I'm looking for a specific look. Color has to look good with the dragon's colors and genes.

~

Nope.

~

Do you collect G1s?

Eh, I wouldn't say I collect them, but I do have a few.

~

No particular preference for my genones. Whatever looks good!

~

Sometimes one, sometimes the other. It's situational. Sometimes I go into it knowing what lore slot I need filled, sometimes I let it come to me.

~

Pastels, clashing colors that in no way look good, eyeburners.

~

I don't have a preference for either.

~

I prefer mixed! Looks better that way imo.

~

Nah. In a lot of cases, basic is the perfect gene.

~

For lore, yes. For display, no.

~

Sometimes, but the graphics are so time consuming to read and sift through that I normally just go straight to the AH. Sure, graphics makes your shop look better, but I don't really care what breeding card your pair has. I want to see the dragon for sale.

~

If that explanation didn't cut it, the sheer amount of unnecessary text and images surrounding everything. It's annoying, personally. There's a fine line between tasteful decoration and a visual overload.

~

Doesn't matter as long as I like it enough to justify the price.

~

Normally, no, but there are some exceptions. Leap day and my genone scatter project from the day of the Area 51 raid are my favorites.

~

Does ID matter to you?

Heck nah. I couldn't care less if a dragon is 3 digits or 8, or has a cool number pattern.

~

Does lineage matter?

Nope, I never browse parents anyway. Idrc that the dragon is a double gen7 naomi descendant.

~

n/a due to my answers above, I don't care

~

I don't avoid any on purpose, but I still have yet to have a Bogsneak.

~

No no no no. Mono lairs are boring, you can fight me :X
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Thistle, swamp, murk, moss, olive. There are a lot.

Not usually, unless it's a project dragon sometimes. It's too small of a detail to really make a fuss over, for me.

No, but I'd prefer for my dragons to have a tert gene.

Do you collect G1s?
I try not to. It's a lot of time and effort and I'm not one for commitment.

Skink, butterfly, glimmer.

Unless it's a project, I design around the dragon.

How the genes display on certain breeds. I'm not sure what it is about snappers, their genes and art don't bother me and their babies are arguably the cutest to me. I just am not drawn to them.

I avoid pre-named dragons tbh.

Depends, I adore matching XYZ, but they any dragon is welcome if I like it. Whether it be fore a lore idea or I just like it.

I prefer mix matched genes.

I like basic more as a primary then anything else. It has it's own potential.

Nope. The only theme my dragons have in common (other then a mildly overarching plot), is that I bought them because I liked them.

Yup!

Most appealing are lore hatcheries.
Least appealing, I'm always too slow lol.

Depends how bad I want the dragon and if it's for me or someone else. Spent 4kg on a gen 1 pair for a subspecies I love with all my heart. I don't regret it.

Sometimes? There are just some cool dates to have. Birthday? Check. Halloween? o yeah.

Does ID matter to you?
No.

Does lineage matter?
Eh, if it's a project lineage.

Nice bonus.

I don't want to avoid any. :(

I've never considered it, nor will I. However, if I did. It would be Goalers.
Thistle, swamp, murk, moss, olive. There are a lot.

Not usually, unless it's a project dragon sometimes. It's too small of a detail to really make a fuss over, for me.

No, but I'd prefer for my dragons to have a tert gene.

Do you collect G1s?
I try not to. It's a lot of time and effort and I'm not one for commitment.

Skink, butterfly, glimmer.

Unless it's a project, I design around the dragon.

How the genes display on certain breeds. I'm not sure what it is about snappers, their genes and art don't bother me and their babies are arguably the cutest to me. I just am not drawn to them.

I avoid pre-named dragons tbh.

Depends, I adore matching XYZ, but they any dragon is welcome if I like it. Whether it be fore a lore idea or I just like it.

I prefer mix matched genes.

I like basic more as a primary then anything else. It has it's own potential.

Nope. The only theme my dragons have in common (other then a mildly overarching plot), is that I bought them because I liked them.

Yup!

Most appealing are lore hatcheries.
Least appealing, I'm always too slow lol.

Depends how bad I want the dragon and if it's for me or someone else. Spent 4kg on a gen 1 pair for a subspecies I love with all my heart. I don't regret it.

Sometimes? There are just some cool dates to have. Birthday? Check. Halloween? o yeah.

Does ID matter to you?
No.

Does lineage matter?
Eh, if it's a project lineage.

Nice bonus.

I don't want to avoid any. :(

I've never considered it, nor will I. However, if I did. It would be Goalers.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
appealing anything in the sanguine-berry range. g1s with good terts. appealing spruces.

self imposed restriction to only buy dergs with plague eyes. it hurts my soul sometimes

preferably. spines is always an option if it sucks so bad that nothing works

Do you collect G1s?
oh heck yes. that my entire lair baby

uhhhhhh fade/blend are big ones, i like savannah a lot too, skydancers and wildclaws, stained is growing on me rapidly though i don't currently have any. i try for variety in genes but i keep falling back into the things i know i like oops

mixture of both. this dragon i bought specifically for that accent and outfit, this one i impulse bought cause ew gross she's perfect and built a character around that

if it's not a g1 and it doesn't have plague eyes i won't buy it. and even then if it doesn't have the ~nasty factor~ i want i won't buy it either.

depends how you define "match". i have a consistently disgusting aesthetic but they aren't confined to a tight color range. i have a purple dragon who matches the rest through her clothes only.

if i ever have a dragon with paired genes in my lair assume i've died.

when buying, no. a basic g1 is generally cheaper than a gened one.

only the nastiest and most unconventional plague babies are allowed in my lair

nope

they don't produce g1s lol

as much as it takes if i really want it. i think my most expensive dragon purchase was 3.8kg for a primal, but i can't see myself dropping more than 10kg on one dragon.

sometimes i hatch on specific dates but other than that not really

Does ID matter to you?
meh.

Does lineage matter?
none/none is the only lineage i'll accept barring a few sentimental exceptions

i won't buy a g1 if it's bred but the other things are a "huh cool" moment

*laughs in g1 imperial*

mono element yes! plague eyes only. a singular exception though because mire fliers have to be arcane to be effective in my experience. if i were to become a mono breed lair it would probably be skydancers
appealing anything in the sanguine-berry range. g1s with good terts. appealing spruces.

self imposed restriction to only buy dergs with plague eyes. it hurts my soul sometimes

preferably. spines is always an option if it sucks so bad that nothing works

Do you collect G1s?
oh heck yes. that my entire lair baby

uhhhhhh fade/blend are big ones, i like savannah a lot too, skydancers and wildclaws, stained is growing on me rapidly though i don't currently have any. i try for variety in genes but i keep falling back into the things i know i like oops

mixture of both. this dragon i bought specifically for that accent and outfit, this one i impulse bought cause ew gross she's perfect and built a character around that

if it's not a g1 and it doesn't have plague eyes i won't buy it. and even then if it doesn't have the ~nasty factor~ i want i won't buy it either.

depends how you define "match". i have a consistently disgusting aesthetic but they aren't confined to a tight color range. i have a purple dragon who matches the rest through her clothes only.

if i ever have a dragon with paired genes in my lair assume i've died.

when buying, no. a basic g1 is generally cheaper than a gened one.

only the nastiest and most unconventional plague babies are allowed in my lair

nope

they don't produce g1s lol

as much as it takes if i really want it. i think my most expensive dragon purchase was 3.8kg for a primal, but i can't see myself dropping more than 10kg on one dragon.

sometimes i hatch on specific dates but other than that not really

Does ID matter to you?
meh.

Does lineage matter?
none/none is the only lineage i'll accept barring a few sentimental exceptions

i won't buy a g1 if it's bred but the other things are a "huh cool" moment

*laughs in g1 imperial*

mono element yes! plague eyes only. a singular exception though because mire fliers have to be arcane to be effective in my experience. if i were to become a mono breed lair it would probably be skydancers
QQnBZuq.gif
if you are reading this you get a cookie
persist/percy | he/they | fr+3
643gino.gif
Not sure. Kinda wish that dark colors were less common tho. Maybe having light blues be more common would be nice

Sometimes. It it is plague primal that is a major nono. I absolutely hate it and cannon stand it.

No it does not. It just needs to look nice enough.

Do you collect G1s?
No i do not. Too expensive and the good ones are rare/even more expensive.

I dont know.

Only one dragon i bought.

Ugly colors.

They just need to look generally okay.

I have no idea and i dont want to put effot into searching it so im gonna say yes.

Nope.

Only onve have i done that.

Rarely

Not sure.

50kt 70g

Kinda. It its my birthday then thats pretty cool

Does ID matter to you?
Same thing as above. If i happen to buy a cool id dragon then thats cool but i dont go out of my way to get them.

Does lineage matter?
Yes.

Its a nice bonus.

Ridgebacks, banescales, snappers, and ancient breeds because its a pain not being able to breed two beautiful dragons.

I thought about it and i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon. If i were to become one i would choose imperials hands down.
Not sure. Kinda wish that dark colors were less common tho. Maybe having light blues be more common would be nice

Sometimes. It it is plague primal that is a major nono. I absolutely hate it and cannon stand it.

No it does not. It just needs to look nice enough.

Do you collect G1s?
No i do not. Too expensive and the good ones are rare/even more expensive.

I dont know.

Only one dragon i bought.

Ugly colors.

They just need to look generally okay.

I have no idea and i dont want to put effot into searching it so im gonna say yes.

Nope.

Only onve have i done that.

Rarely

Not sure.

50kt 70g

Kinda. It its my birthday then thats pretty cool

Does ID matter to you?
Same thing as above. If i happen to buy a cool id dragon then thats cool but i dont go out of my way to get them.

Does lineage matter?
Yes.

Its a nice bonus.

Ridgebacks, banescales, snappers, and ancient breeds because its a pain not being able to breed two beautiful dragons.

I thought about it and i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon. If i were to become one i would choose imperials hands down.
193.png
194.png
5198.png
i can't really say, honestly! i buy dragons on a whim a lot, meaning i just scroll around the AH and forums and see who catches my eye, so i don't have any solid preferences.

not really... if i like the dragon a lot otherwise, i'll probably buy anyway. eye types really only matter to me when it comes to lore, and even then it's usually an afterthought.

nope! some of my ultimate favorite dragons are basic tert. honestly, it's nice when they're basic because then i don't have to worry about apparel/skin clutter, haha

Do you collect G1s?
kinda? i'd say i'm a casual when it comes to it.

capsule was a fave for a while, and peacock's a new fave ever since i realized how pretty it is! but i also like poison, skink, and a lot of the treasure marketplace genes. jaguar's a super fave gene-wise but i've never really used it for some reason.

around the dragon, usually!

hmm... dragons whose genes are too busy, and doubles/triples. the former just get hard for me to look at, and the latter i just feel are a bit too plain for me. also, i can't really do hypnotic since i can't look at the pattern for very long.

either are fine if they work well c:

mixed, definitely. matched genes feel too similar to me. the only exception i've caught myself making is jaguar/rosette, and even then i don't currently own any dragons with the combo.

nope, it can be very nice to have a basic gene or two! keeps clutter to a minimum, imo, and sometimes basic captures the mood of a dragon better than anything.

i wanna say no, but while doing this survey i realized i keep unconsciously buying greyscale/brown range primary + blue range secondary dragons... well, that aside, i just buy whatever i'm feeling at the moment!

not usually, no. i do check them out when i'm feeling curious, though.

hatcheries... it's appealing how they just have a selection of dragons out there, you know? i'm the type of person that doesn't really know what i want until i see it, and i don't see much outside of hatcheries and sales forum in general.

the most unappealing thing about hatcheries is probably their prices... i can't bring myself to pay for the dragons i'm interested in half the time. i guess it helps keep my lair count low, though!

i try not to break 100g/100kt for any dragon max, and rarely buy outside the 50g/50kt zone... bit of a cheapskate, haha. can't really help it considering my previous main source of income was fairgrounds jigsaw grinding... (wince)

nope! sometimes i go out looking during the occasion, but if i bought the dragon without birthdate in mind, then it won't matter to me.

Does ID matter to you?
not really, though it can be the deciding factor when i'm really stuck on whether or not i want to buy a dragon. a lot of my permadergs have IDs with repeating digits or "all evens" IDs mostly because i like looking at them.

Does lineage matter?
not really, unless i'm specifically looking for a g1. i was interested in naomi kids and subspecies for a bit, but not enough to take in and keep a dragon myself.

bonus! c:

i wouldn't say avoid, but yeah, there's been a noticeable lack of snappers/ridgebacks/bogsneak/mirror/tundra/coatl/banescale/gaoler in my lair.

... ancient breeds can be excused since i only came back recently, but wow, that's a lot of breeds now that i type them out...

nope! i don't think i could ever do it. if i absolutely had to be a mono lair, maybe spiral, just because i like both poses equally and their loopy bodies are fun. pearlcatcher is also an option, but only F poses...
i can't really say, honestly! i buy dragons on a whim a lot, meaning i just scroll around the AH and forums and see who catches my eye, so i don't have any solid preferences.

not really... if i like the dragon a lot otherwise, i'll probably buy anyway. eye types really only matter to me when it comes to lore, and even then it's usually an afterthought.

nope! some of my ultimate favorite dragons are basic tert. honestly, it's nice when they're basic because then i don't have to worry about apparel/skin clutter, haha

Do you collect G1s?
kinda? i'd say i'm a casual when it comes to it.

capsule was a fave for a while, and peacock's a new fave ever since i realized how pretty it is! but i also like poison, skink, and a lot of the treasure marketplace genes. jaguar's a super fave gene-wise but i've never really used it for some reason.

around the dragon, usually!

hmm... dragons whose genes are too busy, and doubles/triples. the former just get hard for me to look at, and the latter i just feel are a bit too plain for me. also, i can't really do hypnotic since i can't look at the pattern for very long.

either are fine if they work well c:

mixed, definitely. matched genes feel too similar to me. the only exception i've caught myself making is jaguar/rosette, and even then i don't currently own any dragons with the combo.

nope, it can be very nice to have a basic gene or two! keeps clutter to a minimum, imo, and sometimes basic captures the mood of a dragon better than anything.

i wanna say no, but while doing this survey i realized i keep unconsciously buying greyscale/brown range primary + blue range secondary dragons... well, that aside, i just buy whatever i'm feeling at the moment!

not usually, no. i do check them out when i'm feeling curious, though.

hatcheries... it's appealing how they just have a selection of dragons out there, you know? i'm the type of person that doesn't really know what i want until i see it, and i don't see much outside of hatcheries and sales forum in general.

the most unappealing thing about hatcheries is probably their prices... i can't bring myself to pay for the dragons i'm interested in half the time. i guess it helps keep my lair count low, though!

i try not to break 100g/100kt for any dragon max, and rarely buy outside the 50g/50kt zone... bit of a cheapskate, haha. can't really help it considering my previous main source of income was fairgrounds jigsaw grinding... (wince)

nope! sometimes i go out looking during the occasion, but if i bought the dragon without birthdate in mind, then it won't matter to me.

Does ID matter to you?
not really, though it can be the deciding factor when i'm really stuck on whether or not i want to buy a dragon. a lot of my permadergs have IDs with repeating digits or "all evens" IDs mostly because i like looking at them.

Does lineage matter?
not really, unless i'm specifically looking for a g1. i was interested in naomi kids and subspecies for a bit, but not enough to take in and keep a dragon myself.

bonus! c:

i wouldn't say avoid, but yeah, there's been a noticeable lack of snappers/ridgebacks/bogsneak/mirror/tundra/coatl/banescale/gaoler in my lair.

... ancient breeds can be excused since i only came back recently, but wow, that's a lot of breeds now that i type them out...

nope! i don't think i could ever do it. if i absolutely had to be a mono lair, maybe spiral, just because i like both poses equally and their loopy bodies are fun. pearlcatcher is also an option, but only F poses...
globules.png
So, to start, what colors do you wish were more common/less expensive?

I’d love to see more murky greens! I like that section of the color wheel when it isn’t showing up in the terts of my bright/pastel g1s.

I prefer them to match the dragon, but it isn’t necessary. If I love the colors, I can work with any eyes!

Most of the time, yes, but there are a few exceptions. My progens both have basic terts because I can’t bring myself to scatter their original colors.

Do you collect G1s?

Unfortunately for my wallet, yes :P

CONSTELLATION... I have so many scries with Constellation and my wallet suffers because of it. I also use Capsule a lot, and I love all genes that bring out accent colors!

Both! I have looked for specific combos before, but I usually just impulse buy whatever dragons I like and design around them.

I don’t like triples or messy offspring lists with lots of unnamed/weirdly named kids, and I try to avoid gene projects unless it’s a g1. I also have a hard time keeping dragons that are “just pretty” - they need to have something interesting about them (g1, oldie, special eyes/ID/hatchdate/lineage, sentimental value, etc.)

It depends! I love it when accent colors match, but contrasting colors are also cool, especially light/bright against dark colors like Obsidian.

I prefer mixed gene combos because they’re a lot more unique and interesting to me. I do like certain matching combos though, like Iri/Shim!

Usually, but again, there are exceptions. White and Obsidian look best as basic primaries in my opinion, and I wouldn’t want anything else for my precious boy Blep!

Nope - I’ve tried to maintain a lair theme in the past, but I just can’t stop myself from impulse buying whatever pretty dragons I want. My lair is chaos and I’ve accepted it.

Rarely. I only browse hatcheries when I’m looking for dragons hatched on a certain date.

They’re usually expensive and often breed common color/gene combos. I prefer more unusual combos, and since most hatchery pairs have tight ranges, it’s hard to find unique kids from them.

It really depends on how much I want the dragon! The most expensive dragon I’ve bought was 18kg in an auction because he’s a double g1 in my favorite colors. I won’t spend more than 1kg on a non-g1 unless there’s something really special about it.

It’s not super important to me, but special hatchdates are a neat bonus, and I do occasionally seek out dragons hatched on a certain date (like leap day and my birthday). Usually I just use special dates as an excuse to hatch eggs ;)

Does ID matter to you?

Yes! I love collecting special IDs. Counting down and attempting to hatch them is a lot of fun, gives me something to look forward to, and brings the community together.

Does lineage matter?

As with special hatchdates, I don’t often seek out special lineages deliberately, but it is cool to find dragons that have them!

Both! I do sometimes search for specific dates/IDs/lineages, but often times it’s just a nice surprise.

I don’t go out of my way to avoid any breed, but I’m not a huge fan of Snappers, Bogsneaks, Ridgebacks, Tundras, or Mirrors. As always, it depends on the dragon!

I’m not and I could never be. It’s the same reason I don’t have a lair theme - I don’t want there to be restrictions on what I can and can’t buy. I just want to get the dragons I love. That being said, if I had to become a mono lair, I would choose Skydancers because they’re my favorite breed!
So, to start, what colors do you wish were more common/less expensive?

I’d love to see more murky greens! I like that section of the color wheel when it isn’t showing up in the terts of my bright/pastel g1s.

I prefer them to match the dragon, but it isn’t necessary. If I love the colors, I can work with any eyes!

Most of the time, yes, but there are a few exceptions. My progens both have basic terts because I can’t bring myself to scatter their original colors.

Do you collect G1s?

Unfortunately for my wallet, yes :P

CONSTELLATION... I have so many scries with Constellation and my wallet suffers because of it. I also use Capsule a lot, and I love all genes that bring out accent colors!

Both! I have looked for specific combos before, but I usually just impulse buy whatever dragons I like and design around them.

I don’t like triples or messy offspring lists with lots of unnamed/weirdly named kids, and I try to avoid gene projects unless it’s a g1. I also have a hard time keeping dragons that are “just pretty” - they need to have something interesting about them (g1, oldie, special eyes/ID/hatchdate/lineage, sentimental value, etc.)

It depends! I love it when accent colors match, but contrasting colors are also cool, especially light/bright against dark colors like Obsidian.

I prefer mixed gene combos because they’re a lot more unique and interesting to me. I do like certain matching combos though, like Iri/Shim!

Usually, but again, there are exceptions. White and Obsidian look best as basic primaries in my opinion, and I wouldn’t want anything else for my precious boy Blep!

Nope - I’ve tried to maintain a lair theme in the past, but I just can’t stop myself from impulse buying whatever pretty dragons I want. My lair is chaos and I’ve accepted it.

Rarely. I only browse hatcheries when I’m looking for dragons hatched on a certain date.

They’re usually expensive and often breed common color/gene combos. I prefer more unusual combos, and since most hatchery pairs have tight ranges, it’s hard to find unique kids from them.

It really depends on how much I want the dragon! The most expensive dragon I’ve bought was 18kg in an auction because he’s a double g1 in my favorite colors. I won’t spend more than 1kg on a non-g1 unless there’s something really special about it.

It’s not super important to me, but special hatchdates are a neat bonus, and I do occasionally seek out dragons hatched on a certain date (like leap day and my birthday). Usually I just use special dates as an excuse to hatch eggs ;)

Does ID matter to you?

Yes! I love collecting special IDs. Counting down and attempting to hatch them is a lot of fun, gives me something to look forward to, and brings the community together.

Does lineage matter?

As with special hatchdates, I don’t often seek out special lineages deliberately, but it is cool to find dragons that have them!

Both! I do sometimes search for specific dates/IDs/lineages, but often times it’s just a nice surprise.

I don’t go out of my way to avoid any breed, but I’m not a huge fan of Snappers, Bogsneaks, Ridgebacks, Tundras, or Mirrors. As always, it depends on the dragon!

I’m not and I could never be. It’s the same reason I don’t have a lair theme - I don’t want there to be restrictions on what I can and can’t buy. I just want to get the dragons I love. That being said, if I had to become a mono lair, I would choose Skydancers because they’re my favorite breed!
ZmzBHMQ.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 SVwGCMX.png
-I’m not sure honestly. I’m a little out of the loop on what’s in rn

-Usually no, but I refuse to have any plague eyes. I just don’t like the red eyes. Everything else is fair game. Bonus points if the eyes match the dragon but it’s not necessary.

-nope not at all. Basic is a valid tertiary, but I do always feel accomplished if I can make a bad tertiary look good/decent.

Do you collect G1s?
-nope. I have a few but I wouldn’t say I’m a collector. I have a hard time getting attached to my G1s, they’re usually some of the first dragons to go in a purge tbh.

-most of my projects in general result in me slapping python on honestly lmao or savannah.

-it varies. Sometimes I’ll buy dragons specifically for skins and accents and add apparel, sometimes I buy a pretty dragon and dress it up after the fact.

-plague eyes, bright colors, mirror breed (but if I like the dragon enough I’ll buy a breed change scroll)

-honestly? It just depends on the dragon. Sometimes I love a good XXX, most of the time I like kinda matchy XYZs. I like seeing what different color combos can make.

-usually, yes! But it’s usually because I only like one gene out of the lair lol. But I’ll take either tbh.

-Basic is value. That being said, I will do my absolute best to give a dragon a tertiary gene, but I have quite a few dragons that have a gene or two missing!

-actually yes! My lair (not counting my den) is basically all tree/nature dragons and I love it!

-sometimes!

-they’re usually marked up super high when I can get the same thing elsewhere, and usually get it cheaper.

-for a dragon that doesn’t need to be gened up/isn’t a project? 200g/kg

-nope!

Does ID matter to you?
-nope! I only have one special ID and it’s my birthday ID dragon

Does lineage matter?
-nope not at all.

-it’s just a nice bonus

-miror. I do not like their art

-I’m half way to being a mono imperial lair so I’d just do imps. I love them best lol. I’ve low key considered it but I love my dragons too much to give them up
-I’m not sure honestly. I’m a little out of the loop on what’s in rn

-Usually no, but I refuse to have any plague eyes. I just don’t like the red eyes. Everything else is fair game. Bonus points if the eyes match the dragon but it’s not necessary.

-nope not at all. Basic is a valid tertiary, but I do always feel accomplished if I can make a bad tertiary look good/decent.

Do you collect G1s?
-nope. I have a few but I wouldn’t say I’m a collector. I have a hard time getting attached to my G1s, they’re usually some of the first dragons to go in a purge tbh.

-most of my projects in general result in me slapping python on honestly lmao or savannah.

-it varies. Sometimes I’ll buy dragons specifically for skins and accents and add apparel, sometimes I buy a pretty dragon and dress it up after the fact.

-plague eyes, bright colors, mirror breed (but if I like the dragon enough I’ll buy a breed change scroll)

-honestly? It just depends on the dragon. Sometimes I love a good XXX, most of the time I like kinda matchy XYZs. I like seeing what different color combos can make.

-usually, yes! But it’s usually because I only like one gene out of the lair lol. But I’ll take either tbh.

-Basic is value. That being said, I will do my absolute best to give a dragon a tertiary gene, but I have quite a few dragons that have a gene or two missing!

-actually yes! My lair (not counting my den) is basically all tree/nature dragons and I love it!

-sometimes!

-they’re usually marked up super high when I can get the same thing elsewhere, and usually get it cheaper.

-for a dragon that doesn’t need to be gened up/isn’t a project? 200g/kg

-nope!

Does ID matter to you?
-nope! I only have one special ID and it’s my birthday ID dragon

Does lineage matter?
-nope not at all.

-it’s just a nice bonus

-miror. I do not like their art

-I’m half way to being a mono imperial lair so I’d just do imps. I love them best lol. I’ve low key considered it but I love my dragons too much to give them up
I'm not less common colors mean they're more expensive? Idk I hardly ever see dragons with yellow or amber, and the colors between silver and obsidian could use more love.

Sort of. I have breeding projects I'm hosting in other nests for certain eye colors, but frequently the eyes are barely noticeable so it's not always a big deal, although if it's too clashy that can be a deal breaker.

It's preferable, yes.

Do you collect G1s?
I have a couple, but I wouldn't call myself a collector.

N/A

Depends? I prefer to breed dragons for myself, but when buying I will usually take a dragon as it. If I have to change more than one gene then it's not worth my time, usually.

Clashy genes. Busy terts mixed with busy primaries and secondaries. Colors that result in offspring that go into the wrong end of the color wheel.

Either. I like colors that blend together as well as nice complimentary contrasts. Two-tone genes are love.

Definitely mixed! The only genes that are allowed to match are the non-patterned ones like iri/shim, met/al, crystal/facet, etc.

Not entirely. I have a couple dragons with basic, but since I'm usually buying with breeding in mind, I prefer to have non-basic genes.

No, I just buy/breed what I like

Sometimes

WAY. TOO. EXPENSIVE. A lot of the time. But if they've nailed the aesthetic I'm after without me having to breed for months, it can be worth it.

100kt or 100g, I think. Somewhere around there. But most of the time I'm super cheap.

They can be fun (I have a birthday dragon and a leap dragon) but not something I'll devote a ton of time and money to.

Does ID matter to you?
Same as above.

Does lineage matter?
No

It's a nice bonus

No. My goal is to have at least one of every breed and gender in my lair, but I do have my preferences.

As above, I'm the exact opposite of that. I love skydancers a whole lot though.
I'm not less common colors mean they're more expensive? Idk I hardly ever see dragons with yellow or amber, and the colors between silver and obsidian could use more love.

Sort of. I have breeding projects I'm hosting in other nests for certain eye colors, but frequently the eyes are barely noticeable so it's not always a big deal, although if it's too clashy that can be a deal breaker.

It's preferable, yes.

Do you collect G1s?
I have a couple, but I wouldn't call myself a collector.

N/A

Depends? I prefer to breed dragons for myself, but when buying I will usually take a dragon as it. If I have to change more than one gene then it's not worth my time, usually.

Clashy genes. Busy terts mixed with busy primaries and secondaries. Colors that result in offspring that go into the wrong end of the color wheel.

Either. I like colors that blend together as well as nice complimentary contrasts. Two-tone genes are love.

Definitely mixed! The only genes that are allowed to match are the non-patterned ones like iri/shim, met/al, crystal/facet, etc.

Not entirely. I have a couple dragons with basic, but since I'm usually buying with breeding in mind, I prefer to have non-basic genes.

No, I just buy/breed what I like

Sometimes

WAY. TOO. EXPENSIVE. A lot of the time. But if they've nailed the aesthetic I'm after without me having to breed for months, it can be worth it.

100kt or 100g, I think. Somewhere around there. But most of the time I'm super cheap.

They can be fun (I have a birthday dragon and a leap dragon) but not something I'll devote a ton of time and money to.

Does ID matter to you?
Same as above.

Does lineage matter?
No

It's a nice bonus

No. My goal is to have at least one of every breed and gender in my lair, but I do have my preferences.

As above, I'm the exact opposite of that. I love skydancers a whole lot though.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7