Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #Teamnamed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Falinks" date="2020-03-27 03:15:48" ] god, can we just let this thread die. [/quote] i wake up and this is back. ugh. c'mon peoples. can we all just put our differing opinions on a minor subject behind us and move on. this thread's been nothing but a place for arguments. things got real outta hand. i get that. but i hate the tension in this thread, can we jus' leave it and let people cool off. last thing i want is for it ta get too far. we're all humans here, we all know that it's the fights over minutia like this that lead to things getting out of hand. nobody wants that. honestly? it's a petty war on both sides. and most likely everyone's aware of it. i'm not sayin' anything against anyone here. everybody's completely free to their own opinions- but it's the judging of others based on that where the issues have arisen. i name no names. nor am i telling anyone off, i'm just stating that that's how all... this... happened. how 'bout we all just let everyone play the game how they want to. no need for further discussion, nor replies, 'cause every bump this thread gets is a little twinge of memory of what went on in it, and it's easiest just for everyone to let the whole thing rest- startin' now. named is right. unnamed is right. end of.
Falinks wrote on 2020-03-27 03:15:48:
god, can we just let this thread die.
i wake up and this is back. ugh. c'mon peoples. can we all just put our differing opinions on a minor subject behind us and move on. this thread's been nothing but a place for arguments.

things got real outta hand. i get that. but i hate the tension in this thread, can we jus' leave it and let people cool off. last thing i want is for it ta get too far. we're all humans here, we all know that it's the fights over minutia like this that lead to things getting out of hand. nobody wants that.
honestly? it's a petty war on both sides. and most likely everyone's aware of it.

i'm not sayin' anything against anyone here. everybody's completely free to their own opinions- but it's the judging of others based on that where the issues have arisen. i name no names. nor am i telling anyone off, i'm just stating that that's how all... this... happened.

how 'bout we all just let everyone play the game how they want to. no need for further discussion, nor replies, 'cause every bump this thread gets is a little twinge of memory of what went on in it, and it's easiest just for everyone to let the whole thing rest- startin' now. named is right. unnamed is right. end of.
[quote name="Falinks" date="2020-03-29 21:04:09" ] [quote name="Falinks" date="2020-03-27 03:15:48" ] god, can we just let this thread die. [/quote] i wake up and this is back. ugh. c'mon peoples. can we all just put our differing opinions on a minor subject behind us and move on. this thread's been nothing but a place for arguments. things got real outta hand. i get that. but i hate the tension in this thread, can we jus' leave it and let people cool off. last thing i want is for it ta get too far. we're all humans here, we all know that it's the fights over minutia like this that lead to things getting out of hand. nobody wants that. honestly? it's a petty war on both sides. and most likely everyone's aware of it. i'm not sayin' anything against anyone here. everybody's completely free to their own opinions- but it's the judging of others based on that where the issues have arisen. i name no names. nor am i telling anyone off, i'm just stating that that's how all... this... happened. how 'bout we all just let everyone play the game how they want to. no need for further discussion, nor replies, 'cause every bump this thread gets is a little twinge of memory of what went on in it, and it's easiest just for everyone to let the whole thing rest- startin' now. named is right. unnamed is right. end of. [/quote] Yes ALL are fine. That was the whole point. Preference is always a personal thing which is the second point of this thread. I work 10 hr shifts and rarely get home before 10 at night. That's why I reply late at night as I am doing right now. I also do like to reply to some people obviously I can't reply to every person in here it'd be 100 pages of quotes. And it did get out of hand (not 100 percent my fault but may be a small percentage- that is always the path of a discussion forum they all get out of hand eventually.) but there are those posts where people actually get the point of this thread and are happy this thread exist. One even said they are now 100% team named and was happy. Literally my first post said that unnamed is fine and valid. I have never in this post implied it was bad. If you want it to die then don't reply to it. But for the people that like the thread and get the point...I.will keep this up for them as long as I can.
Falinks wrote on 2020-03-29 21:04:09:
Falinks wrote on 2020-03-27 03:15:48:
god, can we just let this thread die.
i wake up and this is back. ugh. c'mon peoples. can we all just put our differing opinions on a minor subject behind us and move on. this thread's been nothing but a place for arguments.

things got real outta hand. i get that. but i hate the tension in this thread, can we jus' leave it and let people cool off. last thing i want is for it ta get too far. we're all humans here, we all know that it's the fights over minutia like this that lead to things getting out of hand. nobody wants that.
honestly? it's a petty war on both sides. and most likely everyone's aware of it.

i'm not sayin' anything against anyone here. everybody's completely free to their own opinions- but it's the judging of others based on that where the issues have arisen. i name no names. nor am i telling anyone off, i'm just stating that that's how all... this... happened.

how 'bout we all just let everyone play the game how they want to. no need for further discussion, nor replies, 'cause every bump this thread gets is a little twinge of memory of what went on in it, and it's easiest just for everyone to let the whole thing rest- startin' now. named is right. unnamed is right. end of.

Yes ALL are fine. That was the whole point.
Preference is always a personal thing which is the second point of this thread.

I work 10 hr shifts and rarely get home before 10 at night. That's why I reply late at night as I am doing right now. I also do like to reply to some people obviously I can't reply to every person in here it'd be 100 pages of quotes.

And it did get out of hand (not 100 percent my fault but may be a small percentage- that is always the path of a discussion forum they all get out of hand eventually.)

but there are those posts where people actually get the point of this thread and are happy this thread exist. One even said they are now 100% team named and was happy. Literally my first post said that unnamed is fine and valid. I have never in this post implied it was bad.

If you want it to die then don't reply to it. But for the people that like the thread and get the point...I.will keep this up for them as long as I can.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
hi i enjoy the entirety of this thread

no but really, i rather liked seeing people argue (i'm using that word without the negative connotation) about it, i do love watching people reason. but anyway, i'm going to come in and help celebrate named now, so:

team named/team considerate!

well, team "i really want them all to have names but my naming ability died some time ago and now i sometimes only get around to naming them when i start paying attention to them by finishing their genes/outfit/etc"

to me, an unnamed dragon in my lair means.. "this dragon is unfinished, they kind of don't exist yet. i haven't carefully thought of a name to fit their personality, if they even have one yet." so i'm quite happy when my dragons get just the right names! i'm quite proud of a lot of the names i gave my dragons, as well as some of the ones i bought pre-named. even when i go through the random generator to name my failed breeding project fodder, i pick one that gives the dragon an aura i like so that i can grow just a bit attached to them as i train them. plus then i'm actually sending a personality to the stormcatcher instead of just.. like, "intern" or "yeet" :p i'm probably far more proud of my to-be-exalted-when-they-give-me-the-right-kid project pair's offspring list than i should be, lmao. all the names are just so cool.

no but really, i rather liked seeing people argue (i'm using that word without the negative connotation) about it, i do love watching people reason. but anyway, i'm going to come in and help celebrate named now, so:

well, team "i really want them all to have names but my naming ability died some time ago and now i sometimes only get around to naming them when i start paying attention to them by finishing their genes/outfit/etc"

to me, an unnamed dragon in my lair means.. "this dragon is unfinished, they kind of don't exist yet. i haven't carefully thought of a name to fit their personality, if they even have one yet." so i'm quite happy when my dragons get just the right names! i'm quite proud of a lot of the names i gave my dragons, as well as some of the ones i bought pre-named. even when i go through the random generator to name my failed breeding project fodder, i pick one that gives the dragon an aura i like so that i can grow just a bit attached to them as i train them. plus then i'm actually sending a personality to the stormcatcher instead of just.. like, "intern" or "yeet" :p i'm probably far more proud of my to-be-exalted-when-they-give-me-the-right-kid project pair's offspring list than i should be, lmao. all the names are just so cool.
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
[quote name="CometStorm" date="2020-03-29 23:00:04" ] hi i enjoy the entirety of this thread no but really, i rather liked seeing people argue (i'm using that word without the negative connotation) about it, i do love watching people reason. but anyway, i'm going to come in and help celebrate named now, so: team named/team considerate! .. well, team "i really want them all to have names but my naming ability died some time ago and now i sometimes only get around to naming them when i start paying attention to them by finishing their genes/outfit/etc" to me, an unnamed dragon in my lair means.. "this dragon is unfinished, they kind of don't exist yet. i haven't carefully thought of a name to fit their personality, if they even have one yet." so i'm quite happy when my dragons get just the right names! i'm quite proud of a lot of the names i gave my dragons, as well as some of the ones i bought pre-named. even when i go through the random generator to name my failed breeding project fodder, i pick one that gives the dragon an aura i like so that i can grow just a bit attached to them as i train them. plus then i'm actually sending a personality to the stormcatcher instead of just.. like, "intern" or "yeet" :p i'm probably far more proud of my to-be-exalted-when-they-give-me-the-right-kid project pair's offspring list than i should be, lmao. all the names are just so cool. [/quote] Glad you enjoy it.
CometStorm wrote on 2020-03-29 23:00:04:

Glad you enjoy it.
Rest in peace flint. It appears its not only named people who are spiteful. Its never cool to do spiteful names. Just cause you can...doesn't mean you should.

I hope whoever you are you are happy. You can do that as I don't want to be hypocritical. But my boy will always be flint.

Serve winddad well. Sorry buddy you are not allowed back here. I thought this was a glitch but the extra m gave it away.

I almost don't want to accept the gold for him.

https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59469782
Rest in peace flint. It appears its not only named people who are spiteful. Its never cool to do spiteful names. Just cause you can...doesn't mean you should.

I hope whoever you are you are happy. You can do that as I don't want to be hypocritical. But my boy will always be flint.

Serve winddad well. Sorry buddy you are not allowed back here. I thought this was a glitch but the extra m gave it away.

I almost don't want to accept the gold for him.

https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59469782
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10