Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #Teamnamed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="TheMorningStar01" date="2020-03-26 10:52:19" ] Because I don't like the look of unnamed It looks incomplete to me [/quote]
TheMorningStar01 wrote on 2020-03-26 10:52:19:
Because I don't like the look of unnamed
It looks incomplete to me
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
[quote name="Lagara" date="2020-03-27 08:26:34" ] [quote name="SeiyreSlash" date="2020-03-27 08:18:28" ] [quote name="Valkyyriiee" date="2020-03-27 08:17:15" ] -snip- If FR staff wanted unnamed in the coli they would already do it, the fact it's still not a thing is self explanatory. [/quote] Just because it wasn't implemented from the start doesn't mean that it isn't a good idea. Otherwise, the suggestions forum wouldn't exist. [/quote] Exactly. There are lots of things that weren't implemented in the beginning that were implemented later on. It's like saying that the reason we don't yet have icons to indicate a familiar's bond level in our hoard is because the FR team doesn't think it should be implemented. And that's something that lots of players want, and won't cause controversy when/if it's ever added. [/quote] The reason why the staff hasn't allowed unnamed into the coliseum is unclear. It could be a literal coding issue, where they can't allow them in, due to some issue with coding messing up. It could be that they felt it isn't important enough to implement, or that there would be too much backlash or whatever. (for the bonding level in the hoard, I think that literally can't be implemented because the icons are just one picture, the heart isn't added later, so until we get a hoard revamp, I don't think it is possible to actually show the bonding level in the hoard. It might potentially be possible on the tooltip) Naming alwys lags for me, I think it does take me five seconds to click a dragon, hit the random button then click accept and for the dragon page to reload, maybe even more, and I don't have horrible internet anymore. That is also if I want to use the RNG, which I often don't, because I find most of the names in there horrible. I want to train my own fodder, that I bred myself, but I often have trouble coming up with names so it can take me months. I don't want to waste a 6K t item on fodder dragons, so I don't want to use a placeholder name for something that I am going to sell to be exalted later. It isn't an issue of 'I want these to be unnamed' They will get names. I just want to be able to train them when I feel like training them and not have to stop and go through literal hundreds of names to find one I am satisfied with. (and I do mean literal, I can be picky and want to be able to pronouce the name, so random gibberish the generators tend to toss at me won't do, and I like certain aesthetics of names) The entire issue could be solved, as said before, if players who dislike unnamed so much they want to make sure it can't ever end up on an exalted dragon, would simply name before selling. Then unnamed will never end up on their lineages.
Lagara wrote on 2020-03-27 08:26:34:
SeiyreSlash wrote on 2020-03-27 08:18:28:
Valkyyriiee wrote on 2020-03-27 08:17:15:
-snip-
If FR staff wanted unnamed in the coli they would already do it, the fact it's still not a thing is self explanatory.
Just because it wasn't implemented from the start doesn't mean that it isn't a good idea. Otherwise, the suggestions forum wouldn't exist.
Exactly. There are lots of things that weren't implemented in the beginning that were implemented later on. It's like saying that the reason we don't yet have icons to indicate a familiar's bond level in our hoard is because the FR team doesn't think it should be implemented. And that's something that lots of players want, and won't cause controversy when/if it's ever added.
The reason why the staff hasn't allowed unnamed into the coliseum is unclear. It could be a literal coding issue, where they can't allow them in, due to some issue with coding messing up.

It could be that they felt it isn't important enough to implement, or that there would be too much backlash or whatever.

(for the bonding level in the hoard, I think that literally can't be implemented because the icons are just one picture, the heart isn't added later, so until we get a hoard revamp, I don't think it is possible to actually show the bonding level in the hoard. It might potentially be possible on the tooltip)

Naming alwys lags for me, I think it does take me five seconds to click a dragon, hit the random button then click accept and for the dragon page to reload, maybe even more, and I don't have horrible internet anymore.

That is also if I want to use the RNG, which I often don't, because I find most of the names in there horrible. I want to train my own fodder, that I bred myself, but I often have trouble coming up with names so it can take me months. I don't want to waste a 6K t item on fodder dragons, so I don't want to use a placeholder name for something that I am going to sell to be exalted later.

It isn't an issue of 'I want these to be unnamed' They will get names. I just want to be able to train them when I feel like training them and not have to stop and go through literal hundreds of names to find one I am satisfied with. (and I do mean literal, I can be picky and want to be able to pronouce the name, so random gibberish the generators tend to toss at me won't do, and I like certain aesthetics of names)

The entire issue could be solved, as said before, if players who dislike unnamed so much they want to make sure it can't ever end up on an exalted dragon, would simply name before selling. Then unnamed will never end up on their lineages.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I can't stand unnamed dragons in my own dragons offspring list. My lair has lore, so not naming an offspring would be the equivalent of saying that this child is worthless to their parents, so they didn't bother naming them. I name all dragons, especially the ones who leave my lair.

Outside my own dragons offspring lists I don't care if people don't name their dragon because it's their business and not mine.
I can't stand unnamed dragons in my own dragons offspring list. My lair has lore, so not naming an offspring would be the equivalent of saying that this child is worthless to their parents, so they didn't bother naming them. I name all dragons, especially the ones who leave my lair.

Outside my own dragons offspring lists I don't care if people don't name their dragon because it's their business and not mine.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
[quote]However, this feels very Straight Pridey to me.[/quote] lulwut ... Why is this even a thread? I'm #TeamBeConsiderate. I'm not opposed to unnamed dragons on principal. I have a few myself. I have a small handful of dragons that even have Unnamed offspring and one of them at least I love more than just about every other dragon I have. Having the actual name "Unnamed" is certainly cliched at this point, especially for those Eldritch horrors and wandering warriors but what are you gonna do. People love their stereotypes. But if I get a dragon from somebody else, you'd better believe I'm naming that thing. Because it's pretty clear from as often as these threads turn up that people [i]don't like[/i] unnamed offspring. It's just a nice thing to do. Even a name they don't like won't stick out like the sore thumb that is "Unnamed." Of course, the best thing people can do is name before they sell if they don't want to have unnamed offspring. But considering the apparent majority of people who look for dragons based on whether or not they have "unnamed" in the offspring list, it's just nice to name dragons. Most people don't like unnamed dragons. And, I think this [quote]Saying that #UnnamedIsValid folks are toxic because of how they want to play the game just doesn't look too hot[/quote] may come from the fact that some are toxic? Saying, "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" is toxic.
Quote:
However, this feels very Straight Pridey to me.
lulwut

... Why is this even a thread?

I'm #TeamBeConsiderate.

I'm not opposed to unnamed dragons on principal. I have a few myself. I have a small handful of dragons that even have Unnamed offspring and one of them at least I love more than just about every other dragon I have. Having the actual name "Unnamed" is certainly cliched at this point, especially for those Eldritch horrors and wandering warriors but what are you gonna do. People love their stereotypes.

But if I get a dragon from somebody else, you'd better believe I'm naming that thing. Because it's pretty clear from as often as these threads turn up that people don't like unnamed offspring. It's just a nice thing to do. Even a name they don't like won't stick out like the sore thumb that is "Unnamed."

Of course, the best thing people can do is name before they sell if they don't want to have unnamed offspring.

But considering the apparent majority of people who look for dragons based on whether or not they have "unnamed" in the offspring list, it's just nice to name dragons. Most people don't like unnamed dragons.

And, I think this
Quote:
Saying that #UnnamedIsValid folks are toxic because of how they want to play the game just doesn't look too hot
may come from the fact that some are toxic? Saying, "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" is toxic.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-03-27 09:30:46" ] And, I think this [quote]Saying that #UnnamedIsValid folks are toxic because of how they want to play the game just doesn't look too hot[/quote] may come from the fact that some are toxic? Saying, "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" is toxic. [/quote] To me, that also goes for the other side, the ones who say 'just give it a name, because I dislike unnamed and don't want to name before selling'. There are toxic people on both sides, and the main two reasons I come down on the side I do, is because I feel that players who dislike unnamed already have a powerful tool at their fingertips to prevent that word from showing up, and I am a firm believer of 'if I own the dragon, I own everything about the dragon'. Yes, the dragon's name shows up on the parent's offspring list, but what if I like 'edgy' names and want to name dragons after pandemics? Not everyone might like that showing up. What if I like 'body function names' and want to name dragons after gas or 'funny' things like that? Those could make players uncomfortable, but I would have no way of knowing that, just as I have no way of knowing whether or not the person who sold this dragon unnamed cares about it getting a name or not. I do name all dragons I get, eventually, but if someone else doesn't want to name a dragon, that is fine with me. If players want to exalt unnamed dragons, great, that is more dragons out of the economy. All the dragons I hatch myself (with the exception of gen1s, though I have the urge to name them as well) will get names before they leave my lair, thus I don't have to worry about unnamed offspring. The new owner doesn't have to worry that Unnamed will offend me, because the only unnamed* in my dragon's offspring lists will be dragons in my own lair, that I have full control over. They don't have to worry about a standard 'exalt' name that might upset me if they bought all 3 of the dragons from one nest, because all three dragons have names already. I don't have to worry about those either. The only thing I still have to worry about are the ones players want to keep getting renamed, and if they do, I will live with it. *Some dragons had unnamed offspring before I obtained them, so I had no control over them, nor do I really care at that point)
Almedha wrote on 2020-03-27 09:30:46:

And, I think this
Quote:
Saying that #UnnamedIsValid folks are toxic because of how they want to play the game just doesn't look too hot
may come from the fact that some are toxic? Saying, "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" is toxic.
To me, that also goes for the other side, the ones who say 'just give it a name, because I dislike unnamed and don't want to name before selling'. There are toxic people on both sides, and the main two reasons I come down on the side I do, is because I feel that players who dislike unnamed already have a powerful tool at their fingertips to prevent that word from showing up, and I am a firm believer of 'if I own the dragon, I own everything about the dragon'.

Yes, the dragon's name shows up on the parent's offspring list, but what if I like 'edgy' names and want to name dragons after pandemics? Not everyone might like that showing up. What if I like 'body function names' and want to name dragons after gas or 'funny' things like that? Those could make players uncomfortable, but I would have no way of knowing that, just as I have no way of knowing whether or not the person who sold this dragon unnamed cares about it getting a name or not.

I do name all dragons I get, eventually, but if someone else doesn't want to name a dragon, that is fine with me. If players want to exalt unnamed dragons, great, that is more dragons out of the economy. All the dragons I hatch myself (with the exception of gen1s, though I have the urge to name them as well) will get names before they leave my lair, thus I don't have to worry about unnamed offspring. The new owner doesn't have to worry that Unnamed will offend me, because the only unnamed* in my dragon's offspring lists will be dragons in my own lair, that I have full control over. They don't have to worry about a standard 'exalt' name that might upset me if they bought all 3 of the dragons from one nest, because all three dragons have names already. I don't have to worry about those either. The only thing I still have to worry about are the ones players want to keep getting renamed, and if they do, I will live with it.

*Some dragons had unnamed offspring before I obtained them, so I had no control over them, nor do I really care at that point)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-03-27 09:30:46" ] And, I think this [quote]Saying that #UnnamedIsValid folks are toxic because of how they want to play the game just doesn't look too hot[/quote] may come from the fact that some are toxic? Saying, "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" is toxic. [/quote] [font= georgia]Okay, but, the whole argument against allowing unnamed to fight in the coli truly feels like a "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" argument. If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay. I'll add to my previous statement in the quote above. Both sides have toxic people. But the person I was replying to in that quote seemed to imply that [i]all[/i] #UnnamedIsValid supporters are inherently toxic. Idk, just calling out an entire group of people as toxic because we just wants dragons with a certain name to fight in the coli doesn't do it for me. [quote]To me, that also goes for the other side, the ones who say 'just give it a name, because I dislike unnamed and don't want to name before selling'.[/quote] ^^^
Almedha wrote on 2020-03-27 09:30:46:
And, I think this
Quote:

Okay, but, the whole argument against allowing unnamed to fight in the coli truly feels like a "I want what I want and I don't care about how that affects you" argument. If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.

I'll add to my previous statement in the quote above. Both sides have toxic people. But the person I was replying to in that quote seemed to imply that all #UnnamedIsValid supporters are inherently toxic. Idk, just calling out an entire group of people as toxic because we just wants dragons with a certain name to fight in the coli doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
To me, that also goes for the other side, the ones who say 'just give it a name, because I dislike unnamed and don't want to name before selling'.
^^^
laV4cLs.gif
[quote]If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.[/quote] I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if that dragon you want to level to 25 is on my dragon's offspring list? [i]This[/i] is exactly what I'm talking about. Thinking that an offspring list doesn't affect others' gameplay.
Quote:
If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.
I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if that dragon you want to level to 25 is on my dragon's offspring list?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thinking that an offspring list doesn't affect others' gameplay.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
In before this gets locked :/

Ugh. Straight pride. Rood.
In before this gets locked :/

Ugh. Straight pride. Rood.
TBD
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-03-27 10:02:03" ] [quote]If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.[/quote] I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if you have a dragon on my dragon's offspring list? [/quote] [font= georgia]But the problem is that it's my dragon. If you hatched it, then it was your responsibility to name the dragon before you sold it. If you bought the dragon with unnamed in its offspring list, then it's just something you have to accept as the buyer. If unnamed offspring lists bother you, then you'll have to check a dragon's offspring list before you purchase it. Chances are my dragon wouldn't be the only unnamed in the offspring list.
Almedha wrote on 2020-03-27 10:02:03:
Quote:
If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.
I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if you have a dragon on my dragon's offspring list?

But the problem is that it's my dragon. If you hatched it, then it was your responsibility to name the dragon before you sold it.

If you bought the dragon with unnamed in its offspring list, then it's just something you have to accept as the buyer. If unnamed offspring lists bother you, then you'll have to check a dragon's offspring list before you purchase it. Chances are my dragon wouldn't be the only unnamed in the offspring list.
laV4cLs.gif
[quote name="variian" date="2020-03-27 10:05:26" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-03-27 10:02:03" ] [quote]If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.[/quote] I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if you have a dragon on my dragon's offspring list? [/quote] [font= georgia]But the problem is that it's my dragon. If you hatched it, then it was your responsibility to name the dragon before you sold it. If you bought the dragon with unnamed in its offspring list, then it's just something you have to accept as the buyer. If unnamed offspring lists bother you, then you'll have to check a dragon's offspring list before you purchase it. Chances are my dragon wouldn't be the only unnamed in the offspring list. [/quote] This is what I'm talking about, though, thinking that unnamed offspring doesn't affect people's gameplay. If names don't affect people's gameplay, then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place because it wouldn't matter to you that you can't train your dragon unnamed. Because names shouldn't matter. Now, I totally agree that [b]people who care about their offspring lists should name before they sell[/b]. It's the easiest thing in the world and they can't blame anyone but themselves if they choose not to do that. But it is pretty well demonstrated that a lot of people don't like unnamed dragons. Some people don't care--but the fact that they don't care kind of removes them from the equation in a way. A whole lot of people do care, though, and it is on each of us individually to be considerate of the people we affect by our actions.
variian wrote on 2020-03-27 10:05:26:
Almedha wrote on 2020-03-27 10:02:03:
Quote:
I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if you have a dragon on my dragon's offspring list?

But the problem is that it's my dragon. If you hatched it, then it was your responsibility to name the dragon before you sold it.

If you bought the dragon with unnamed in its offspring list, then it's just something you have to accept as the buyer. If unnamed offspring lists bother you, then you'll have to check a dragon's offspring list before you purchase it. Chances are my dragon wouldn't be the only unnamed in the offspring list.
This is what I'm talking about, though, thinking that unnamed offspring doesn't affect people's gameplay. If names don't affect people's gameplay, then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place because it wouldn't matter to you that you can't train your dragon unnamed. Because names shouldn't matter.

Now, I totally agree that people who care about their offspring lists should name before they sell. It's the easiest thing in the world and they can't blame anyone but themselves if they choose not to do that.

But it is pretty well demonstrated that a lot of people don't like unnamed dragons. Some people don't care--but the fact that they don't care kind of removes them from the equation in a way. A whole lot of people do care, though, and it is on each of us individually to be considerate of the people we affect by our actions.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10