Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #Teamnamed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-03-27 10:02:03" ] [quote]If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.[/quote] I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if that dragon you want to level to 25 is on my dragon's offspring list? [i]This[/i] is exactly what I'm talking about. Thinking that an offspring list doesn't affect others' gameplay. [/quote] I don't control the colosseum. And yes offspring list can affect gameplay depending on how much you care. I just simply name them now. All dragons should exist in peace and all are loved by me. Even if I don't show it well. I love looking at others dragons. Just personally I would just not want them in my lair.
Almedha wrote on 2020-03-27 10:02:03:
Quote:
If I let my Level 25 unnamed dragon fight in the coli, it doesn't affect you or your gameplay.
I mean, (assuming that I care about having unnamed dragons in my offspring list) it does if that dragon you want to level to 25 is on my dragon's offspring list?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thinking that an offspring list doesn't affect others' gameplay.

I don't control the colosseum. And yes offspring list can affect gameplay depending on how much you care. I just simply name them now. All dragons should exist in peace and all are loved by me. Even if I don't show it well. I love looking at others dragons. Just personally I would just not want them in my lair.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
[quote name="Ossium" date="2020-03-27 11:00:54" ] Don't know why this discourse still exists. Name before you sell and don't harass people who don't name the dragon they bought fair and square. If you hate unnamed, NAME IT! If you like unnamed, DON'T NAME IT! It literally affects no one except the people who were too ignorant to name their dragon before selling it and having a 'stain' on their offspring lists. And I agree, this side of Flight Rising is weird. Stop the hashtags. Stop the 'blah blah this isn't valid AGREE WITH ME' posts. It would be fun for unnameds to fight in the coliseum so it's fair on both sides but in the meantime, stop arguing. [/quote] It exist because people feel strongly about it. This isn't a who's right who's wrong sort of thing. Its a I just like this more and here's why sort of thing. If you don't agree with me that's fine. Just ignore the forum or talk to me. All of flight rising is weird. We are raising virtual dragons. But we all become attached to how we like to play. No one should harass anyone I agree. That not what this forum started as. I gotta get control back.
Ossium wrote on 2020-03-27 11:00:54:
Don't know why this discourse still exists. Name before you sell and don't harass people who don't name the dragon they bought fair and square. If you hate unnamed, NAME IT! If you like unnamed, DON'T NAME IT! It literally affects no one except the people who were too ignorant to name their dragon before selling it and having a 'stain' on their offspring lists.

And I agree, this side of Flight Rising is weird. Stop the hashtags. Stop the 'blah blah this isn't valid AGREE WITH ME' posts. It would be fun for unnameds to fight in the coliseum so it's fair on both sides but in the meantime, stop arguing.

It exist because people feel strongly about it. This isn't a who's right who's wrong sort of thing. Its a I just like this more and here's why sort of thing. If you don't agree with me that's fine. Just ignore the forum or talk to me. All of flight rising is weird. We are raising virtual dragons. But we all become attached to how we like to play.

No one should harass anyone I agree. That not what this forum started as. I gotta get control back.
[quote name="AgentBonkers" date="2020-03-27 12:18:48" ] When I first joined I was more lax about naming and ended up mindlessly exalting three of my progens' dragons unnamed and now they have three unnamed listings on their offspring list forever [emoji=gaoler sad size=1] So now I name each dragon I hatch or buy IMMEDIATELY, because it bothers me too much otherwise :0 (I also now name all spawn I sell on AH due to some buyers exalting fodder unnamed even when you specifically request they name it in the bio) [/quote] That is the exact reason I started this thread. Thankfully the dragons I sold unnamed ending up getting names so it all worked out good.
AgentBonkers wrote on 2020-03-27 12:18:48:
When I first joined I was more lax about naming and ended up mindlessly exalting three of my progens' dragons unnamed and now they have three unnamed listings on their offspring list forever

So now I name each dragon I hatch or buy IMMEDIATELY, because it bothers me too much otherwise :0

(I also now name all spawn I sell on AH due to some buyers exalting fodder unnamed even when you specifically request they name it in the bio)

That is the exact reason I started this thread. Thankfully the dragons I sold unnamed ending up getting names so it all worked out good.
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2020-03-26 14:59:24" ] [quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-03-26 11:03:19" ] Thanks for the advice. @/Mertisal I don't have a problem with unnamed. Just not for me. I was frustrated when I added that but will probably get rid of it as per your advice. [/quote] You've argued at length about how unnamed dragons aren't valid and how other users oughtn't have them as a 'compromise' with your values on at least two different accounts. Don't pretend you don't have a massive chip on your shoulder with this topic. Anyway, I'm #TeamLetPeopleDoWhateverTheyWantWithTheirDragons [/quote] When I had that in my sig I was angry at the time. People can change you know that. Also 2 accounts is cheating. I may have a chip at one point but its gone now. That's why this fourm was important to me. To see how others felt and to see if there are any like me. Yes. Do what you want but I can think its weird and visa versa.
Laluzi wrote on 2020-03-26 14:59:24:
AceofWolves wrote on 2020-03-26 11:03:19:
Thanks for the advice. @/Mertisal

I don't have a problem with unnamed. Just not for me. I was frustrated when I added that but will probably get rid of it as per your advice.
You've argued at length about how unnamed dragons aren't valid and how other users oughtn't have them as a 'compromise' with your values on at least two different accounts. Don't pretend you don't have a massive chip on your shoulder with this topic.

Anyway, I'm #TeamLetPeopleDoWhateverTheyWantWithTheirDragons

When I had that in my sig I was angry at the time. People can change you know that. Also 2 accounts is cheating.

I may have a chip at one point but its gone now. That's why this fourm was important to me. To see how others felt and to see if there are any like me.

Yes. Do what you want but I can think its weird and visa versa.
[quote name="LascielsShadow" date="2020-03-26 15:00:00" ] [quote name="rottenbird" date="2020-03-26 14:51:17" ] Kinda have to agree with that this comes off very similar vibe to "why can't we have straight pride?" No one is going after people for the act of naming dragons as far as I've seen so I guess I don't really see how this is necessary at all. [/quote] Agreed. It's not the people who don't name their dragons I see complaining about people who do, so I'm not at all sure why this is needed. Also, yeah, what Laluzi said. OP, you were arguing at length about this subject in the suggestions thread, so this sudden "unnamed is valid too!" sentiment comes off as a bit disingenuous IMO. [/quote] Again I was angry when I had that in my sig/wrote that in fourms. I may have said that but I have *slowly* started to change. People can change. Anger speaks more dangerously than calmness.
LascielsShadow wrote on 2020-03-26 15:00:00:
rottenbird wrote on 2020-03-26 14:51:17:
Kinda have to agree with that this comes off very similar vibe to "why can't we have straight pride?"
No one is going after people for the act of naming dragons as far as I've seen so I guess I don't really see how this is necessary at all.
Agreed. It's not the people who don't name their dragons I see complaining about people who do, so I'm not at all sure why this is needed.

Also, yeah, what Laluzi said. OP, you were arguing at length about this subject in the suggestions thread, so this sudden "unnamed is valid too!" sentiment comes off as a bit disingenuous IMO.

Again I was angry when I had that in my sig/wrote that in fourms. I may have said that but I have *slowly* started to change. People can change. Anger speaks more dangerously than calmness.
[quote name="Falinks" date="2020-03-27 03:15:48" ] god, can we just let this thread die. let people play their game how they want to. the simple act of naming/not naming your dragons shouldn't be sparking this kinda controversy [/quote] You play how you want. I said that many times. I agree it shouldn't spark anything which is what this post didn't meant to do. Its just a discussion for people who prefer names is all. Or at least that's what it was supposed to be. Though it has surely spiraled beyond my control. But I will work to get control back.
Falinks wrote on 2020-03-27 03:15:48:
god, can we just let this thread die. let people play their game how they want to. the simple act of naming/not naming your dragons shouldn't be sparking this kinda controversy

You play how you want. I said that many times. I agree it shouldn't spark anything which is what this post didn't meant to do. Its just a discussion for people who prefer names is all. Or at least that's what it was supposed to be. Though it has surely spiraled beyond my control. But I will work to get control back.
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2020-03-27 12:11:27" ] Just name before you sell and name dragons if you wanna name them. Unnamed looks better in an offspring list than MOISTSOCKS or whatever anyway. I don’t get why this has to be such an argument, other than that people seem to want to control how other people play the game with their own dragons. [/quote] Its only a argument if we make it one. That not what I had in mind when I started this. No one wants to control other peoples gameplay. Don't know why so many think that.
Wizardry wrote on 2020-03-27 12:11:27:
Just name before you sell and name dragons if you wanna name them. Unnamed looks better in an offspring list than MOISTSOCKS or whatever anyway. I don’t get why this has to be such an argument, other than that people seem to want to control how other people play the game with their own dragons.

Its only a argument if we make it one. That not what I had in mind when I started this. No one wants to control other peoples gameplay. Don't know why so many think that.

[quote name="GlaxusPlaxus" date="2020-03-27 19:31:33" ] How about we stop caring and what the hell we want with our dragons [/quote] Yes which is the whole point of this forum. Or at least was. Unnamed is fine. Nammed is fine. I just don't like it personally. Don't know why people think I'm a bad guy for that. I'm sure there are things players don't like about my play style. In fact I know there is.
GlaxusPlaxus wrote on 2020-03-27 19:31:33:
How about we stop caring and what the hell we want with our dragons

Yes which is the whole point of this forum. Or at least was.
Unnamed is fine. Nammed is fine. I just don't like it personally. Don't know why people think I'm a bad guy for that. I'm sure there are things players don't like about my play style. In fact I know there is.
@Decaying

I like your user name :) wanted to let you know.
@Decaying

I like your user name :) wanted to let you know.
I know.
I know.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10