Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | banescale headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5
while their encyclopedia entry states that banescales have given up the craft of weapons and armor, i like 2 imagine that they still keep their ancestors metallurgical practices alive in the form of making other things, and the tools they forge r very sought after.
while their encyclopedia entry states that banescales have given up the craft of weapons and armor, i like 2 imagine that they still keep their ancestors metallurgical practices alive in the form of making other things, and the tools they forge r very sought after.
When all of the banescales burst from their cavern in the blacksand annex, nearby dragons were stunned and confused at first. They figured out more or less what was going on pretty quick, though, and dragons from all over Sornieth banded together to help the thousands of new banescales on their first flight to their new homes.

Fire dragons heated air beneath them so they could rise easily on warm currents. Wind dragons made sure that the little banescales always had a swift breeze at their back. Lightning dragons pushed dark clouds and storms away to keep the hatchlings safe, while water dragons held rain clouds at bay. When night fell, light dragons lit up the sky like stars so that the new banescales wouldn't get lost.
When all of the banescales burst from their cavern in the blacksand annex, nearby dragons were stunned and confused at first. They figured out more or less what was going on pretty quick, though, and dragons from all over Sornieth banded together to help the thousands of new banescales on their first flight to their new homes.

Fire dragons heated air beneath them so they could rise easily on warm currents. Wind dragons made sure that the little banescales always had a swift breeze at their back. Lightning dragons pushed dark clouds and storms away to keep the hatchlings safe, while water dragons held rain clouds at bay. When night fell, light dragons lit up the sky like stars so that the new banescales wouldn't get lost.
PPlYEpQ.png
Banescales not only put on impressive areal shows, but compose complex songs to attract a mate!

Sopranos are valued as some of the best singers because it’s easy for them to hit the high notes that most Banes can’t. Due to the mass and how their vocal cords are arranged, it’s much easier for them to hit lower notes. Many males and even some females are Bases.

Their metalworking skill is usually reserved for more decorative purposes, like making intricate wind chimes or large helmets with sprawling, twisting horns.

Although they do have a natural affinity for both the battlefield and the hunting ground, many modern Banescales do not seek violence. They’re ready to defend themselves if something drastic happens, but that’s about it.
Banescales not only put on impressive areal shows, but compose complex songs to attract a mate!

Sopranos are valued as some of the best singers because it’s easy for them to hit the high notes that most Banes can’t. Due to the mass and how their vocal cords are arranged, it’s much easier for them to hit lower notes. Many males and even some females are Bases.

Their metalworking skill is usually reserved for more decorative purposes, like making intricate wind chimes or large helmets with sprawling, twisting horns.

Although they do have a natural affinity for both the battlefield and the hunting ground, many modern Banescales do not seek violence. They’re ready to defend themselves if something drastic happens, but that’s about it.
SURlPKu.png
i just had the thought that banescales probably feel a sort of kinship with nocturnes due to having similar body plans (nocs have very large wings and their front legs are too small to use for locomotion) and the way nocturne eggs scatter across the land and hatch without knowing their parents.
i just had the thought that banescales probably feel a sort of kinship with nocturnes due to having similar body plans (nocs have very large wings and their front legs are too small to use for locomotion) and the way nocturne eggs scatter across the land and hatch without knowing their parents.
This is a really recent one I thought up but

Baby Banescales use a sort of made-up language consisting of chirping (I imagine it sounding similar to those Chinese wooden percussion instruments, I don’t know their specific name, I really only know of their existence from GarageBand :p).
-When they want attention from other dragons, particularly their parents, they will use a repetitive high-pitched chirp
-A grumpy hatchling/Annoyed hatchling/hatchling attempting to intimidate someone will typically use low pitched chirps,
-They use this language constantly, a silent hatchling is either a sleeping hatching or a very scared hatchling
-Baby Banescales will have made-up “Chirplish” names for each other, mostly just consisting of different pitched chirps in a pattern
-Groups of baby Banescales may create even more words in Chirpish. Hatchlings in dangerous environments (either dangerous due to the place they live in or even just due to an abusive family) will typically have “Chirplish” words to warn each other of danger (though it is also common for “Chirplish” to be hardly used in families where abuse is involved, as stated before “a silent hatchling is either a sleeping hatchling or a very scared hatchling”)
-They use this language longer in clans mostly filled with Coatls or other Banscales, but often really close friends, siblings and those romantically interested in each other will refer to each other as their “chirplish” names even in adulthood.
This is a really recent one I thought up but

Baby Banescales use a sort of made-up language consisting of chirping (I imagine it sounding similar to those Chinese wooden percussion instruments, I don’t know their specific name, I really only know of their existence from GarageBand :p).
-When they want attention from other dragons, particularly their parents, they will use a repetitive high-pitched chirp
-A grumpy hatchling/Annoyed hatchling/hatchling attempting to intimidate someone will typically use low pitched chirps,
-They use this language constantly, a silent hatchling is either a sleeping hatching or a very scared hatchling
-Baby Banescales will have made-up “Chirplish” names for each other, mostly just consisting of different pitched chirps in a pattern
-Groups of baby Banescales may create even more words in Chirpish. Hatchlings in dangerous environments (either dangerous due to the place they live in or even just due to an abusive family) will typically have “Chirplish” words to warn each other of danger (though it is also common for “Chirplish” to be hardly used in families where abuse is involved, as stated before “a silent hatchling is either a sleeping hatchling or a very scared hatchling”)
-They use this language longer in clans mostly filled with Coatls or other Banscales, but often really close friends, siblings and those romantically interested in each other will refer to each other as their “chirplish” names even in adulthood.
u94F7n8.png
I'll get to making this look nice someday
[quote name="Sonatine" date="2019-12-11 15:22:03" ] When all of the banescales burst from their cavern in the blacksand annex, nearby dragons were stunned and confused at first. They figured out more or less what was going on pretty quick, though, and dragons from all over Sornieth banded together to help the thousands of new banescales on their first flight to their new homes. Fire dragons heated air beneath them so they could rise easily on warm currents. Wind dragons made sure that the little banescales always had a swift breeze at their back. Lightning dragons pushed dark clouds and storms away to keep the hatchlings safe, while water dragons held rain clouds at bay. When night fell, light dragons lit up the sky like stars so that the new banescales wouldn't get lost. [/quote] this one made me cry
Sonatine wrote on 2019-12-11 15:22:03:

this one made me cry
ijWAday.png
1 2 3 4 5