Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | banescale headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5
This is small, but....Light Unusual are 100% blind.
Sure, most breeds with Light Unusual are close to white but Banescale are almost 100% white so it would be an interesting lore bit
This is small, but....Light Unusual are 100% blind.
Sure, most breeds with Light Unusual are close to white but Banescale are almost 100% white so it would be an interesting lore bit
010220mrcheese.png dark-dragon-egg-pixel.gif 2bf6nnX.png
LCqISMP.png
v2PJF9u.png
Piko

fr+3

YMPbu9R.png
7ntZZGM.png
oK2VVlE.png
Vs2WmBF.png
Like cats, banescales have a much higher heat tolerance than their appearances would suggest. They will sit seemingly right on top of lava, fires, heaters etc. and feel pleasantly warm whereas other breeds would be burning. Also like cats they actively seek out warm spots to nap and conserve energy by having the ambient heat keep them warm rather than their own metabolism.
Like cats, banescales have a much higher heat tolerance than their appearances would suggest. They will sit seemingly right on top of lava, fires, heaters etc. and feel pleasantly warm whereas other breeds would be burning. Also like cats they actively seek out warm spots to nap and conserve energy by having the ambient heat keep them warm rather than their own metabolism.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
well you just likely cemented my move to light with my new 'scale light bab dkjgdhjgd [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57406799] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/574068/57406799_350.png[/img] [/url] arcanites would totally follow a blind [s]prophetic[/s] baby dragon picked up by accident into a new territory with very little hesitation and y'all know it
well you just likely cemented my move to light with my new 'scale light bab dkjgdhjgd

57406799_350.png

arcanites would totally follow a blind prophetic baby dragon picked up by accident into a new territory with very little hesitation and y'all know it
YdXahFO.gif
melly | clan spellsong | fr+3 | 30 | she/her
Banescales pass down history orally, and there are specific Banescales appointed to memorising all of the songs.

Though due to the wiping out of most banescales and the ones that know all of the songs being dead, many Banescale songs and history are lost, leaving the main song and a couple of nursery rymes and basic knowledge songs left.

Also due to this, banescales had little to no knowledge about the other deities and will sometimes refer to other deities as Flame mother or Ice god, depending on their liking of said deity.
Banescales pass down history orally, and there are specific Banescales appointed to memorising all of the songs.

Though due to the wiping out of most banescales and the ones that know all of the songs being dead, many Banescale songs and history are lost, leaving the main song and a couple of nursery rymes and basic knowledge songs left.

Also due to this, banescales had little to no knowledge about the other deities and will sometimes refer to other deities as Flame mother or Ice god, depending on their liking of said deity.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
That they are distantly related to Mirror dragons.
(i don't know, somehow they just remind me of them?)
Maybe it's because Mirror Dragons were my favourite dragon before, and ever since the Banescales came out, I've been in love with them since.
That they are distantly related to Mirror dragons.
(i don't know, somehow they just remind me of them?)
Maybe it's because Mirror Dragons were my favourite dragon before, and ever since the Banescales came out, I've been in love with them since.
Q5eZhV2.png
[quote name="ClockworkEclipse" date="2019-12-09 15:34:42" ] If they don't actually wanna fight each other, they do that thing where they just chest bump and flap their wings as they try to push each other over. [/quote] @ClockworkEclipse Okay, but I watch my roosters do this on a regular basis and now a) I can't not see it. It's hilarious and I'm still giggling. and b) I'mma need two very specifically-coloured Banescales now. Desire to have two matching my two youngest roosters is overwhelming.
ClockworkEclipse wrote on 2019-12-09 15:34:42:
If they don't actually wanna fight each other, they do that thing where they just chest bump and flap their wings as they try to push each other over.

@ClockworkEclipse

Okay, but I watch my roosters do this on a regular basis and now
a) I can't not see it. It's hilarious and I'm still giggling.
and
b) I'mma need two very specifically-coloured Banescales now. Desire to have two matching my two youngest roosters is overwhelming.

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
Banescales form very strong family bonds, especially with siblings - a remnant of their former communal living. They treat clanmates like blood relations, such as cousins, aunts/uncles, or grandparents

In that vein, dragons don't have to be related by blood, or even the same breed, to be siblings. Banescales consider all babies that hatch at about the same time siblings. As a result they also tend to have more than 2 parents
Banescales form very strong family bonds, especially with siblings - a remnant of their former communal living. They treat clanmates like blood relations, such as cousins, aunts/uncles, or grandparents

In that vein, dragons don't have to be related by blood, or even the same breed, to be siblings. Banescales consider all babies that hatch at about the same time siblings. As a result they also tend to have more than 2 parents
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
Look to their story from eras bygone
They enacted each spell in the form of a song
Though sorting their thoughts out might take some time
I believe they are given to speaking in rhyme.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
They stretch their neck out when running like chickens.

Also, ones with skeletal like to fight by kicking with the bone spurs on their feet. (Ever seen roosters attack something?)
They stretch their neck out when running like chickens.

Also, ones with skeletal like to fight by kicking with the bone spurs on their feet. (Ever seen roosters attack something?)
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
They are very, VERY VOCAL about EVERYTHING... Happy? MAKE NOISE! Sad? Make noise... Angry? [B]MAKE NOISE![/B] Your mom gave you a beetle instead of a moth for breakfast and it shouldn't bother you but yesterday you got hurt so you really feel you should get a moth today? MAKE NOISE BUT NOT EXCESSIVELY! Edit: [quote name="Madarakita" date="2019-12-09 20:37:08" ] Look to their story from eras bygone They enacted each spell in the form of a song Though sorting their thoughts out might take some time I believe they are given to speaking in rhyme. [/quote] Wait they [i]rhyme[/i] their words? Oh,,,, I love that so much...
They are very, VERY VOCAL about EVERYTHING... Happy? MAKE NOISE! Sad? Make noise... Angry? MAKE NOISE! Your mom gave you a beetle instead of a moth for breakfast and it shouldn't bother you but yesterday you got hurt so you really feel you should get a moth today? MAKE NOISE BUT NOT EXCESSIVELY!

Edit:
Madarakita wrote on 2019-12-09 20:37:08:

Wait they rhyme their words?
Oh,,,, I love that so much...
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
1 2 3 4 5