Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tips for staying active?
I used to be really into this game, but I've had less time to play it, and frankly, it's just become less fun. I'm off for long periods, and have little food left to feed my starving dragons when I get back. I still love this game though, and want it to be fun for me to play. Can anyone give advice on how to make it a little for fun and engaging?
I used to be really into this game, but I've had less time to play it, and frankly, it's just become less fun. I'm off for long periods, and have little food left to feed my starving dragons when I get back. I still love this game though, and want it to be fun for me to play. Can anyone give advice on how to make it a little for fun and engaging?
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
I just came back after a long break, I've only been back a couple of days but I'm doing a couple things to keep myself actually playing
First of all I got way more food than I need so I don't need to constantly worry about it
Then I wrote down some goals that I have so I don't forget and have to figure it out again if I leave the game for a week or something
And I joined some forums and things, nothing that requires you to check every day so it doesn't feel like a chore but some fun things to do
A lot of people suggest lair clearouts, which I haven't done myself yet but I;m considering it
I just came back after a long break, I've only been back a couple of days but I'm doing a couple things to keep myself actually playing
First of all I got way more food than I need so I don't need to constantly worry about it
Then I wrote down some goals that I have so I don't forget and have to figure it out again if I leave the game for a week or something
And I joined some forums and things, nothing that requires you to check every day so it doesn't feel like a chore but some fun things to do
A lot of people suggest lair clearouts, which I haven't done myself yet but I;m considering it
1.Keep giving yourself dumb goals
2. Socialize with others

Those are the two things that keep me coming back.
1.Keep giving yourself dumb goals
2. Socialize with others

Those are the two things that keep me coming back.
Honestly there have been months where I only show up to feed my dragons so I don't lose my well fed bonus. Some times it takes stepping away for a while.

Right now NotN prep is keeping me busy. That's something I would really hate to miss so I've been here every day for good chunks of time. Plus I'm doing a Pinkerlocke.
Honestly there have been months where I only show up to feed my dragons so I don't lose my well fed bonus. Some times it takes stepping away for a while.

Right now NotN prep is keeping me busy. That's something I would really hate to miss so I've been here every day for good chunks of time. Plus I'm doing a Pinkerlocke.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.giff4c9992b-47ff-11e7-8b02-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif000653c0-4800-11e7-b454-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
I'm going to agree with a few of the above and say: set goals, or, alternatively, find a niche 'group' that appeals to you (which might not be mutually exclusive!).

I used to be an avid player and then life took over and I gradually came around less and less, just not as interested, until I finally gave up the ghost and went on a two year hiatus. I came back a few weeks ago and decided spur of the moment to get involved in accent collecting, which has motivated me to play and socialize a lot more than I have in quite some time.
I'm going to agree with a few of the above and say: set goals, or, alternatively, find a niche 'group' that appeals to you (which might not be mutually exclusive!).

I used to be an avid player and then life took over and I gradually came around less and less, just not as interested, until I finally gave up the ghost and went on a two year hiatus. I came back a few weeks ago and decided spur of the moment to get involved in accent collecting, which has motivated me to play and socialize a lot more than I have in quite some time.
a star sign out of whack.
G1s. You'll be too busy scrambling for money to run out of goals. :'D

In seriousness, I don't think it's unusual to fall in and out of love with a game. I'll often get bored of FR and drift away for months at a time, only coming back to do some token gathering each festival. Then something will yank me back into it and I'll spend the next few months doing little else online. Sometimes you need the break to make things fresh.
G1s. You'll be too busy scrambling for money to run out of goals. :'D

In seriousness, I don't think it's unusual to fall in and out of love with a game. I'll often get bored of FR and drift away for months at a time, only coming back to do some token gathering each festival. Then something will yank me back into it and I'll spend the next few months doing little else online. Sometimes you need the break to make things fresh.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Roleplay, talk on the forums, thats all I have, and why ive existed for 2 years-
Roleplay, talk on the forums, thats all I have, and why ive existed for 2 years-
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
My suggestion is to completely reinvent your entire lair in ways that are more expensive that whatever it is you were previously doing.

For example - I'm reinventing my lair from British Spirals to Norse Bogsneaks.

It's going to be way more expensive converting all these Spirals into Bogsneaks (than what it cost me to convert other breeds into Spirals in the first place), but it's completely worth it. My lair has cohesive lore on its tabs and now has an entrance room tab, which is something I wanted but could never figure out how to implement before. I also feel motivated to actually write lore for my dragons, which is something that I always kept neglecting to do beyond one or two dragons. (They're not gods, just dragons named after gods.)
My suggestion is to completely reinvent your entire lair in ways that are more expensive that whatever it is you were previously doing.

For example - I'm reinventing my lair from British Spirals to Norse Bogsneaks.

It's going to be way more expensive converting all these Spirals into Bogsneaks (than what it cost me to convert other breeds into Spirals in the first place), but it's completely worth it. My lair has cohesive lore on its tabs and now has an entrance room tab, which is something I wanted but could never figure out how to implement before. I also feel motivated to actually write lore for my dragons, which is something that I always kept neglecting to do beyond one or two dragons. (They're not gods, just dragons named after gods.)
qDavPTk.png
Honestly, just let yourself take a break! If it feels like a chore, don't try to make yourself do it or it'll keep feeling like a chore. Just stop for a while, stick your dragons in the Den so they don't use up food, maybe log in once a day to gather and get festival stuff if you feel like it. I do that on and off until an exciting new update gets me playing again.
Honestly, just let yourself take a break! If it feels like a chore, don't try to make yourself do it or it'll keep feeling like a chore. Just stop for a while, stick your dragons in the Den so they don't use up food, maybe log in once a day to gather and get festival stuff if you feel like it. I do that on and off until an exciting new update gets me playing again.
-Check the forums even if its just to read them like a new paper.
-Buy some art or even just look at the art forum.
-Breed dragon and sell fodder to make money for silly projects.
-Colusium
-Check the forums even if its just to read them like a new paper.
-Buy some art or even just look at the art forum.
-Breed dragon and sell fodder to make money for silly projects.
-Colusium
ky82ASU.gifv1YXSNU.pngpzHLHqb.png yMJvT3V.png