Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Dragons Write
1 2
I think spirals have writing but everything is written by ADD dragons with no attention span. An epic one thousand page novel will also contain the first two sentences on a thesis of if black holes exist, "See Noggle Run! Run Noggle run!," part of a poem about glowing mushrooms, and what looks like a partially complete math equation. This is all just on the first page.

It's pretty much going to be a frustrating read to everyone not a spiral.
I think spirals have writing but everything is written by ADD dragons with no attention span. An epic one thousand page novel will also contain the first two sentences on a thesis of if black holes exist, "See Noggle Run! Run Noggle run!," part of a poem about glowing mushrooms, and what looks like a partially complete math equation. This is all just on the first page.

It's pretty much going to be a frustrating read to everyone not a spiral.
qDavPTk.png
[quote name="luciferase" date="2019-11-21 12:54:10" ] under this system the arcanist is effectively a living typewriter [/quote] first off: yes. second off: yes! Headcanon subscribed. That alphabet is awesome, and I am almost guaranteed to try to implement that into my clan.
luciferase wrote on 2019-11-21 12:54:10:
under this system the arcanist is effectively a living typewriter

first off: yes.

second off: yes! Headcanon subscribed. That alphabet is awesome, and I am almost guaranteed to try to implement that into my clan.
Hiring transmuters and brewers. Thread here!
[quote name="MoonlightFae" date="2019-11-21 12:57:59" ] According to Tomo, there's no written application of coatl. They just dance [/quote] i love the idea of a coatl dancing furiously at some dragon trying to warn them of impending doom and the dragons just like [emoji=snapper confused size=1]
MoonlightFae wrote on 2019-11-21 12:57:59:
According to Tomo, there's no written application of coatl.
They just dance
i love the idea of a coatl dancing furiously at some dragon trying to warn them of impending doom and the dragons just like
it me, banescale enthusiast #370627
they/them | FR+8
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds? (Also, there's a FR conlang called [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2428677#post_2428677]Ursegal[/url], and it's pretty neat too) [right][item=Forgotten Poet's Tools][/right]
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds?

(Also, there's a FR conlang called Ursegal, and it's pretty neat too)
shadow_banner.png bEvLAND.png 9NGPE.gif 99piL.gif wEvsT.gif cLUYW.gif rTWoX.gif Formerly ScienceGal8
I like being pinged, except mass ones
FR + 0, she/her
My IGN only has one R.
1sZoO26.png
I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha.
I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha.
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2019-11-21 13:45:58" ] I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds? [/quote] Probably. I’m sure there are more efficient alphabets out there. This is just the photo reference from the book
Renaiwom wrote on 2019-11-21 13:45:58:
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds?
Probably. I’m sure there are more efficient alphabets out there. This is just the photo reference from the book
Recruiting for the New Nest Rental Topic! Find it here.
[quote name="Reilata" date="2019-11-21 13:54:13" ] I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha. [/quote]
Reilata wrote on 2019-11-21 13:54:13:
SFrJOyf.gif
@Laluzi

they don't come out of the backs of their wrists! they're just big thumb claws - when they walk on the ground, they fold their thumbs back. (they have thumbs on their feet too, just like pearlcatchers!) i'm sure writing wouldn't be much of a problem. i could write just fine like that :P

now as for why they have big thumb claws specifically, don't ask me.. but i'm sure they're pretty strong, and probably a digging tool, since they love tunneling through sandstone. ought to be decent weapons, too.
@Laluzi

they don't come out of the backs of their wrists! they're just big thumb claws - when they walk on the ground, they fold their thumbs back. (they have thumbs on their feet too, just like pearlcatchers!) i'm sure writing wouldn't be much of a problem. i could write just fine like that :P

now as for why they have big thumb claws specifically, don't ask me.. but i'm sure they're pretty strong, and probably a digging tool, since they love tunneling through sandstone. ought to be decent weapons, too.
ew9u8Xp.png
1 2