Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Dragons Write
1 2
I think spirals have writing but everything is written by ADD dragons with no attention span. An epic one thousand page novel will also contain the first two sentences on a thesis of if black holes exist, "See Noggle Run! Run Noggle run!," part of a poem about glowing mushrooms, and what looks like a partially complete math equation. This is all just on the first page.

It's pretty much going to be a frustrating read to everyone not a spiral.
I think spirals have writing but everything is written by ADD dragons with no attention span. An epic one thousand page novel will also contain the first two sentences on a thesis of if black holes exist, "See Noggle Run! Run Noggle run!," part of a poem about glowing mushrooms, and what looks like a partially complete math equation. This is all just on the first page.

It's pretty much going to be a frustrating read to everyone not a spiral.
qDavPTk.png
[quote name="luciferase" date="2019-11-21 12:54:10" ] under this system the arcanist is effectively a living typewriter [/quote] first off: yes. second off: yes! Headcanon subscribed. That alphabet is awesome, and I am almost guaranteed to try to implement that into my clan.
luciferase wrote on 2019-11-21 12:54:10:
under this system the arcanist is effectively a living typewriter

first off: yes.

second off: yes! Headcanon subscribed. That alphabet is awesome, and I am almost guaranteed to try to implement that into my clan.
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
[quote name="MoonlightFae" date="2019-11-21 12:57:59" ] According to Tomo, there's no written application of coatl. They just dance [/quote] i love the idea of a coatl dancing furiously at some dragon trying to warn them of impending doom and the dragons just like [emoji=snapper confused size=1]
MoonlightFae wrote on 2019-11-21 12:57:59:
According to Tomo, there's no written application of coatl.
They just dance
i love the idea of a coatl dancing furiously at some dragon trying to warn them of impending doom and the dragons just like
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds? (Also, there's a FR conlang called [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2428677#post_2428677]Ursegal[/url], and it's pretty neat too) [right][item=Forgotten Poet's Tools][/right]
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds?

(Also, there's a FR conlang called Ursegal, and it's pretty neat too)
Forgotten Poet's Tools
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2019-11-21 13:45:58" ] I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds? [/quote] Probably. I’m sure there are more efficient alphabets out there. This is just the photo reference from the book
Renaiwom wrote on 2019-11-21 13:45:58:
I like the alphabet, but wouldn't it make more sense for the single-footprint runes to be vowel sounds?
Probably. I’m sure there are more efficient alphabets out there. This is just the photo reference from the book
mkpoaHZ.png
[quote name="Reilata" date="2019-11-21 13:54:13" ] I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha. [/quote]
Reilata wrote on 2019-11-21 13:54:13:
I thought of Dinotopia the second I read this topic name and was immediately vindicated haha.
vaOV9W8.gif
@Laluzi

they don't come out of the backs of their wrists! they're just big thumb claws - when they walk on the ground, they fold their thumbs back. (they have thumbs on their feet too, just like pearlcatchers!) i'm sure writing wouldn't be much of a problem. i could write just fine like that :P

now as for why they have big thumb claws specifically, don't ask me.. but i'm sure they're pretty strong, and probably a digging tool, since they love tunneling through sandstone. ought to be decent weapons, too.
@Laluzi

they don't come out of the backs of their wrists! they're just big thumb claws - when they walk on the ground, they fold their thumbs back. (they have thumbs on their feet too, just like pearlcatchers!) i'm sure writing wouldn't be much of a problem. i could write just fine like that :P

now as for why they have big thumb claws specifically, don't ask me.. but i'm sure they're pretty strong, and probably a digging tool, since they love tunneling through sandstone. ought to be decent weapons, too.
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2