Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
[quote name="AshenFury" date="2019-11-07 12:37:06" ] so I was breeding my dragons and 2 adds pooped up and would not go away [/quote]
AshenFury wrote on 2019-11-07 12:37:06:
so I was breeding my dragons and 2 adds pooped up and would not go away
Guys please please please be careful right-clicking these. Once you go to that URL you could easily get malware and all kinds of other non-sense so please be careful. I know the staff are trying to get information, but if people are getting directed with a right click that is not safe. [quote name="" date="2019-10-04 05:48:41" ] On a {school owned} Windows OS using Chrome. Keep getting invisible pop up ads over my dragons familiar interaction buttons. Occasionally when I go to get that sweet sweet familiar loot and chests, I'll instead get randomly redirected to an ad on a new tab. I'll X out of that tab, and then a banner ad will show up on top right corner of the playing area, exactly like many of the reported banner ads. [/quote] [quote name="" date="2019-10-04 07:53:15" ] [quote name="" date="2019-10-03 07:13:23" ] i keep getting ads when gathering items. When i click on gather it sends me to a website thats very sketchy. I wasnt able to get a screenshot because i closed the window right away. Im using chrome, windows. Im aware that its not a virus on my computer, i've had my computer checked, and the ads only come from this website [/quote] I've started getting the same ads as everyone else, but more frequently [/quote] This sounds like clickjacking as well as the others saying about the rightclick and clicking on stuff that is general site content only to be redirected outside. Some info on clickjacking: https://www.blog.google/products/ads/more-defenses-roll-out-to-thwart-clickjacking Info on how to reduce or even prevent clickjacking: https://www.keycdn.com/blog/x-frame-options https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/cheatsheets/Clickjacking_Defense_Cheat_Sheet.html Anyone who has been redirected to one of these sites, please do a malware scan with your antivirus. [b]FOR STAFF[/b] There are three main mechanisms that can be used to defend against these attacks: [LIST] [*]Preventing the browser from loading the page in frame using the X-Frame-Options or Content Security Policy (frame-ancestors) HTTP headers. [*]Preventing session cookies from being included when the page is loaded in a frame using the SameSite cookie attribute. [*]Implementing JavaScript code in the page to attempt to prevent it being loaded in a frame (known as a "frame-buster"). [/LIST]
Guys please please please be careful right-clicking these.
Once you go to that URL you could easily get malware and all kinds of other non-sense so please be careful. I know the staff are trying to get information, but if people are getting directed with a right click that is not safe.
" wrote:
On a {school owned} Windows OS using Chrome. Keep getting invisible pop up ads over my dragons familiar interaction buttons. Occasionally when I go to get that sweet sweet familiar loot and chests, I'll instead get randomly redirected to an ad on a new tab. I'll X out of that tab, and then a banner ad will show up on top right corner of the playing area, exactly like many of the reported banner ads.
" wrote:
" wrote:
i keep getting ads when gathering items. When i click on gather it sends me to a website thats very sketchy. I wasnt able to get a screenshot because i closed the window right away. Im using chrome, windows.

Im aware that its not a virus on my computer, i've had my computer checked, and the ads only come from this website
I've started getting the same ads as everyone else, but more frequently

This sounds like clickjacking as well as the others saying about the rightclick and clicking on stuff that is general site content only to be redirected outside.

Some info on clickjacking:
https://www.blog.google/products/ads/more-defenses-roll-out-to-thwart-clickjacking

Info on how to reduce or even prevent clickjacking:
https://www.keycdn.com/blog/x-frame-options
https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/cheatsheets/Clickjacking_Defense_Cheat_Sheet.html

Anyone who has been redirected to one of these sites, please do a malware scan with your antivirus.

FOR STAFF
There are three main mechanisms that can be used to defend against these attacks:
  • Preventing the browser from loading the page in frame using the X-Frame-Options or Content Security Policy (frame-ancestors) HTTP headers.
  • Preventing session cookies from being included when the page is loaded in a frame using the SameSite cookie attribute.
  • Implementing JavaScript code in the page to attempt to prevent it being loaded in a frame (known as a "frame-buster").
Jura-Eye-Logo-Example.png
Thank you guys [i]so much[/i] for addressing this swiftly, and for explaining completely what the issue was. Other game and web developers could stand to take a few notes from you guys. [emoji=heart size=1]
Thank you guys so much for addressing this swiftly, and for explaining completely what the issue was. Other game and web developers could stand to take a few notes from you guys.
For anyone who wants to avoid right-clicking directly on the ad: [img]https://i.imgur.com/ShcNV46.png[/img] Use inspect element on any other spot of the page and then click the box with the cursor on it (the button I have circled) or press Ctrl+Shift+C and click on the ad.
For anyone who wants to avoid right-clicking directly on the ad:

ShcNV46.png

Use inspect element on any other spot of the page and then click the box with the cursor on it (the button I have circled) or press Ctrl+Shift+C and click on the ad.

neonplaster.gif
[quote name="TeaTimeTango" date="2019-11-07 16:26:12" ] Thank you guys [i]so much[/i] for addressing this swiftly, and for explaining completely what the issue was. Other game and web developers could stand to take a few notes from you guys. [emoji=heart size=1] [/quote] @Hiveworks is doing the heavy lifting as our ad manager, thanks goes to them too and the most. :) We'll continue to work together to prevent and when necessary, seek out and destroy invaders. [emoji=eliminate size=1] @TeaTimeTango
TeaTimeTango wrote on 2019-11-07 16:26:12:
Thank you guys so much for addressing this swiftly, and for explaining completely what the issue was. Other game and web developers could stand to take a few notes from you guys.

@Hiveworks is doing the heavy lifting as our ad manager, thanks goes to them too and the most. :) We'll continue to work together to prevent and when necessary, seek out and destroy invaders.

@TeaTimeTango
Just saw an add for Adam and Eve. The store. Im on phone but did take a screenshot. Will edit this later.
Just saw an add for Adam and Eve. The store. Im on phone but did take a screenshot. Will edit this later.
ZuiuwQJ.gifBySc4Om.gif 7A9FlOQ.gif BySc4Om.gif Xjp9eo2.gif
turns out it's not just FR. Its on Howrse too.
turns out it's not just FR. Its on Howrse too.
CLICK (not too much or they will die AGAIN) [comment on my FR userpage if my DC dergs are sick]
D9TbM.gif

Its DeathPhOEnix not DeathPhEOnix.
When I was extremely new I kept finding ads that kept playing sounds (and didn't know where it came from)

I don't know the ads but when I was on the fairegrounds I would hear random noises and freaked out. then when I closed the tab it came from here.
When I was extremely new I kept finding ads that kept playing sounds (and didn't know where it came from)

I don't know the ads but when I was on the fairegrounds I would hear random noises and freaked out. then when I closed the tab it came from here.
x0VKMlZ.png Celery Cruncher Subspecies!
My Art Shop! :D Fluffy Art shop! :D
also looking through this, reimage repair sounds familiar.
also looking through this, reimage repair sounds familiar.
x0VKMlZ.png Celery Cruncher Subspecies!
My Art Shop! :D Fluffy Art shop! :D
[img]https://i.imgur.com/SdnWdsT.png[/img] hmmm
SdnWdsT.png
hmmm
NmnOCtZ.jpg
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35