Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how did you create a lair aesthetic?
1 2 3 4 5
i wish i could create one... all i do is impulse buy. >:(
i would love for my lair to look cohesive... but I think i somewhat manage it through my dressing style. All the silks and same type apparel i use across all dragons sort of makes them look like one unit, i guess...
i wish i could create one... all i do is impulse buy. >:(
i would love for my lair to look cohesive... but I think i somewhat manage it through my dressing style. All the silks and same type apparel i use across all dragons sort of makes them look like one unit, i guess...
UnyqHqE.png
I have multiple aesthetics and basically what I do is keep similar colored dragons together, especially with apparel.
I have multiple aesthetics and basically what I do is keep similar colored dragons together, especially with apparel.
I dunno if my lair quite has an “aesthetic,” but I do gravitate towards high-contrast and/or space-y dragons. Maybe identify which traits you like the most (colors, genes, themes?) and go from there?
I dunno if my lair quite has an “aesthetic,” but I do gravitate towards high-contrast and/or space-y dragons. Maybe identify which traits you like the most (colors, genes, themes?) and go from there?
Never be afraid to ping me!
well, I'm currently trying to figure that out too. I started by throwing out all my old dragons and picking a colour scheme for my lair. the current plan is yellow/brown/orange with a fall theme, so I guess I'll see how well that works out
well, I'm currently trying to figure that out too. I started by throwing out all my old dragons and picking a colour scheme for my lair. the current plan is yellow/brown/orange with a fall theme, so I guess I'll see how well that works out
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
i just found dragons that remind me of halloween
i just found dragons that remind me of halloween
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
*slaps roof of lair*

This baby can fit in so many Ancient Egyptian references!

But yeah, I literally just spent hundreds of hours on historical, cultural and theological research about Ancient Egypt, found some interesting deities, occupations, items, stuff about fashion and paid attention to scenery of the desert's green heaven. Spent 500+ hours in AC: Origins just to get a real feel for it, took over 300 screenshots, did some more research and studied their ways, then incorporated all sorts of little hints and references into my dragons. I mainly base my dragons' colours on natural looks and scenery, while the apparel tries to appear as ancient as possible. Also, don't forget like 20 different Word/Excel documents and like 50 bookmarks to have everything I do on FR very organised.

Yes, I take this site much more seriously than some people do with their jobs.
*slaps roof of lair*

This baby can fit in so many Ancient Egyptian references!

But yeah, I literally just spent hundreds of hours on historical, cultural and theological research about Ancient Egypt, found some interesting deities, occupations, items, stuff about fashion and paid attention to scenery of the desert's green heaven. Spent 500+ hours in AC: Origins just to get a real feel for it, took over 300 screenshots, did some more research and studied their ways, then incorporated all sorts of little hints and references into my dragons. I mainly base my dragons' colours on natural looks and scenery, while the apparel tries to appear as ancient as possible. Also, don't forget like 20 different Word/Excel documents and like 50 bookmarks to have everything I do on FR very organised.

Yes, I take this site much more seriously than some people do with their jobs.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Purge everything, even the babies, find a cool subspecies, and become one with their cult. At least, that's what I did
Purge everything, even the babies, find a cool subspecies, and become one with their cult. At least, that's what I did
5409.png
"Do not let it win. Do not give in. Do not assimilate."

34821.png
*taps mic and clears throat*

Vaporwave.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
*taps mic and clears throat*

Vaporwave.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
I went with anything I liked. =D
I went with anything I liked. =D
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Pretty much a Mono breed lair, and what really sells it, mono gene.
Most of my dragons are spooky looking but this really becomes a pain sometimes. Lore and color organization also really helps.
Pretty much a Mono breed lair, and what really sells it, mono gene.
Most of my dragons are spooky looking but this really becomes a pain sometimes. Lore and color organization also really helps.
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
1 2 3 4 5