Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how did you create a lair aesthetic?
1 2 3 4 5
I just really like warm colors so I ran with that. [emoji=guardian star size=2]
I just really like warm colors so I ran with that.
Nq0eoGi.png
my aesthetic is having no aesthetic because im indecisive and theres too many cool dragons I want.
my aesthetic is having no aesthetic because im indecisive and theres too many cool dragons I want.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
I'm not gonna not buy a dragon cause it doesn't fit an arbitrary aesthetic. My taste is varied, so my lair is varied. Obv, not everyone is that way, but just something to think about.
I'm not gonna not buy a dragon cause it doesn't fit an arbitrary aesthetic. My taste is varied, so my lair is varied. Obv, not everyone is that way, but just something to think about.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
brown. dirt. earth. i like

I also yeet any dragons I like but don't fit my aesthetic into the hibden.
brown. dirt. earth. i like

I also yeet any dragons I like but don't fit my aesthetic into the hibden.
one word.
P I N K
one word.
P I N K
alU7SjZ.pngtumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gifYdXahFO.gifc6ldplq.gifYdXahFO.giftumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gifbkS13OY.png
I just kept buying and realized a common theme...
I just kept buying and realized a common theme...
Q11qPxO.png Formerly TheFamily
In posession of Savior, our one true leader
Feel free to PM me!
I like vivid colours so that's a running theme for me, I just organised them by colour and it's worked fine. :P
I like vivid colours so that's a running theme for me, I just organised them by colour and it's worked fine. :P
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
Simplicity
Simplicity
7A9FlOQ.gif+•+ HELIOPHOBIA +•+7A9FlOQ.gif
Lair aesthetic? Pfft, i forgot to get one of those

But really I just get dragons I like and keep them, it makes life easier also gives me free range of the AH
Lair aesthetic? Pfft, i forgot to get one of those

But really I just get dragons I like and keep them, it makes life easier also gives me free range of the AH
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
[quote name="@blubloo" date="2019-09-29 10:19:15" ] And any advice on pushing me to forget about my hatchery for a bit and just work on making pairs I'm truly happy with? My hatchery is my major source of income, and I feel bad when I get rid of pairs that people wanted to be pinged for. [/quote] Personally I believe that your hatchery should just be a natural extension of your lair and the kinds of dragons you like. I feel that a hatchery is much stronger, and therefore more appealing, when you can see that these are dragons that the breeder themselves truly enjoys owning and not just Pair #15 That's Here to Make Me Money. People can tell the difference. That aside, if you want to retire pairs, but are worried that there might still be people who want hatchlings from that pair, give those people a warning. Make a post saying, "Hey I'm going to retire these pairs soon, does anyone on the pinglist still really want a hatchling?" and then give a day for people to respond to gauge interest. If there are still some interested buyers, put those pairs to nest; otherwise, you can probably safely retire them without needing to breed again. When you make the post with the hatchlings, be sure to state very clearly that it's the last nest for the pair. When you've had a hatchery for a long time, it's inevitable that you wind up with older pairs who aren't selling as well or that you're no longer interested in actively breeding anymore or you want to make room for newer pairs. A number of hatcheries have a retired pairs section where they will offer to breed on demand those retired pairs if someone requests them, so that can be an option is you're worried about removing a pair completely from your hatchery.
@blubloo wrote on 2019-09-29 10:19:15:
And any advice on pushing me to forget about my hatchery for a bit and just work on making pairs I'm truly happy with? My hatchery is my major source of income, and I feel bad when I get rid of pairs that people wanted to be pinged for.

Personally I believe that your hatchery should just be a natural extension of your lair and the kinds of dragons you like. I feel that a hatchery is much stronger, and therefore more appealing, when you can see that these are dragons that the breeder themselves truly enjoys owning and not just Pair #15 That's Here to Make Me Money. People can tell the difference.

That aside, if you want to retire pairs, but are worried that there might still be people who want hatchlings from that pair, give those people a warning. Make a post saying, "Hey I'm going to retire these pairs soon, does anyone on the pinglist still really want a hatchling?" and then give a day for people to respond to gauge interest.

If there are still some interested buyers, put those pairs to nest; otherwise, you can probably safely retire them without needing to breed again. When you make the post with the hatchlings, be sure to state very clearly that it's the last nest for the pair.

When you've had a hatchery for a long time, it's inevitable that you wind up with older pairs who aren't selling as well or that you're no longer interested in actively breeding anymore or you want to make room for newer pairs. A number of hatcheries have a retired pairs section where they will offer to breed on demand those retired pairs if someone requests them, so that can be an option is you're worried about removing a pair completely from your hatchery.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
1 2 3 4 5