Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Poll: Fodder Rescues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ended up keeping a few randomly cos they happened to make a great breeding pair with another dragon in my lair. :I

I just grabbed whatever was cheapest, no plan required!
Ended up keeping a few randomly cos they happened to make a great breeding pair with another dragon in my lair. :I

I just grabbed whatever was cheapest, no plan required!
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
This one isn't the first fodder I've saved, but it's the only one I've got in my lair right now and surprisingly I don't think I'll ever tire of him. (When I do grab one, I generally end up exalting after a few weeks or whenever my liking has passed.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44856612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/448567/44856612_350.png[/img] [/url] Not sure why I kept him, since I just scryed his baby stage and it's lowkey not absolutely mindblowing or anything lol. But I'm not complaining, I think he's gorgeous as he is now and fits a theme that I enjoy (Dota 2's dire side of the map!)
This one isn't the first fodder I've saved, but it's the only one I've got in my lair right now and surprisingly I don't think I'll ever tire of him. (When I do grab one, I generally end up exalting after a few weeks or whenever my liking has passed.)

44856612_350.png

Not sure why I kept him, since I just scryed his baby stage and it's lowkey not absolutely mindblowing or anything lol. But I'm not complaining, I think he's gorgeous as he is now and fits a theme that I enjoy (Dota 2's dire side of the map!)
1009gIL.png
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not? Yes. My newbie self liked cheap, pretty dragons and had no concept of fodder. As of now 3 of those purchased remain. My older self got into gen 1s and has found a couple of pretties at fodder pricing. 1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally? I don't go in with the save the fodder mindset given I don't go for normal dragons anymore. Fodder saves are very rare 1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist? The newbs were very intentional cheap dragon buys, so yes for them. Gen 1 wise I was looking through gen1s once and thought one was a too good to be true price found near the middle of a dom battle. The other time I didn't realize what I had until was already trained, also mid dom battle. I kept both. 2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) [OR if you have never rescued, is there anything that might make you decide to?] Pretty gen 1 at cheap prices = take my money. Oldie (6 or less) at cheap prices = take my cash. Gen 2 imp at cheap prices = maybe if pretty enough. None are likely to occur, unfortunately. All else can perish. 3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? [OR for non-rescuers, what WOULD you do with one, aside from exalt?] Spend unholy amounts of dragon cash making them pretty before breeding them for even more fodder. Occasionally training to 25 because why not. 4. How long do you usually keep them? [OR, etc. etc., hypothetically....] The remaining newbie dragons are going on 4 1/2 years now, so pretty much forever. The other two have made themselves nice permanent homes unless I suddenly become a none/none collector. Given how unlikely that is, they aren't going anywhere. 5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!) [OR, if you've never rescued, just show me a pretty dragon you're proud of and tell me why :D] Given the newbie stories were already told and very simple I'll tell you about the other two. The newbies were Sergio Andromeda and Isaic if you want to look on your own though. [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21483272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/214833/21483272.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dude it was profit time. Two flights during it out and I was loving every second. I loaded 10 extra spaces at the time as much as possible. As I was mass selling via the horrors of the old ah to whomever would purchase, I noticed that one of my offerings was gen1. And rather pretty. After wasting 5 min scrying her, I was in love. And then there were only 9 fodder spots to profit with. [Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7629371] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/76294/7629371.png[/img] [/url][/center] This time around, I was looking around at gen1s in the new ah because I was bored. Near the top of the treasure list sat this beautiful double at 15kt. She was fully gened and I clicked purchase before the lack of gen1s before her dawned on me. At the time fodder floor was at around 14.5kt and I didn't realize I should have been making more profit. I fixed this and cherished my lucky find.
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not?
Yes. My newbie self liked cheap, pretty dragons and had no concept of fodder. As of now 3 of those purchased remain. My older self got into gen 1s and has found a couple of pretties at fodder pricing.

1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally?
I don't go in with the save the fodder mindset given I don't go for normal dragons anymore. Fodder saves are very rare

1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist?
The newbs were very intentional cheap dragon buys, so yes for them.
Gen 1 wise I was looking through gen1s once and thought one was a too good to be true price found near the middle of a dom battle. The other time I didn't realize what I had until was already trained, also mid dom battle. I kept both.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) [OR if you have never rescued, is there anything that might make you decide to?]
Pretty gen 1 at cheap prices = take my money. Oldie (6 or less) at cheap prices = take my cash. Gen 2 imp at cheap prices = maybe if pretty enough. None are likely to occur, unfortunately. All else can perish.

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? [OR for non-rescuers, what WOULD you do with one, aside from exalt?]
Spend unholy amounts of dragon cash making them pretty before breeding them for even more fodder. Occasionally training to 25 because why not.

4. How long do you usually keep them? [OR, etc. etc., hypothetically....]
The remaining newbie dragons are going on 4 1/2 years now, so pretty much forever. The other two have made themselves nice permanent homes unless I suddenly become a none/none collector. Given how unlikely that is, they aren't going anywhere.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!) [OR, if you've never rescued, just show me a pretty dragon you're proud of and tell me why :D]

Given the newbie stories were already told and very simple I'll tell you about the other two. The newbies were Sergio Andromeda and Isaic if you want to look on your own though.
Dude it was profit time. Two flights during it out and I was loving every second. I loaded 10 extra spaces at the time as much as possible. As I was mass selling via the horrors of the old ah to whomever would purchase, I noticed that one of my offerings was gen1. And rather pretty. After wasting 5 min scrying her, I was in love. And then there were only 9 fodder spots to profit with.

This time around, I was looking around at gen1s in the new ah because I was bored. Near the top of the treasure list sat this beautiful double at 15kt. She was fully gened and I clicked purchase before the lack of gen1s before her dawned on me. At the time fodder floor was at around 14.5kt and I didn't realize I should have been making more profit. I fixed this and cherished my lucky find.

tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif

[*] FR +0
[*] 80% gen 1 lair. Please send help, my wallet is dying.
[*] Stay safe out there people!

I don't "rescue" per-se, as I follow the canon of "exalting is the best that can happen to a dragon", but I do "hold onto" some dragons, for some time the most, can't grant forever the rest.

1- Yeah, I do hold onto fodder, but just because I happen to notice it may be useful into some breeding projects/challenges of mine.
As such, it's not a regular thing for me, and are mostly spontaneous if I happen to notice them.

2- Again, I only keep dragons that work for my breeding projects. In some cases some may inspire me to Start a breeding project, but in those cases they rarely are what I end up scrying and as such I exalt them too and then go search AH fodder that may work for my project.

3- Most of the time they're kept into breeding project tab, rarely dressed tho I often add some tibdits of lore related to the desired dragon. But in case of my Guards breeding project/challenge, I fully incorporate them into my clan and its lore, I write for them, code bios, lvl them to 10~25 and breed them as part of my permas. Then I exalt them all when lore calls up for.

4- Depends in what I pretend to do with them. I usually save them for heavy dom pushes, but may casually exalt them within a week or less if I find a better replacement before doing lore around them. Others (mostly my lvl 25s) are kept until a dom battle calls for them.

5-
This is Muda, that from AH fodder became my mire trainer. He was the very first dragon I bought as a newbie (I was specifically searching for an Arcane derg for training and he was the cheapest one to show up), and I trained and stoned him myself. As such he's part of the dragons that built-up my clan, and the dragon I've dedicated the most time to actually writing and coding stuff in its bio. I've kept him since, but I don't frown upon the thought of exalting him after finding a replacement or in case of some extreme situation in lore, same thing as my other "perma" dragons. It is probable that I'll enjoy him for many many many years more tho n_n
I don't "rescue" per-se, as I follow the canon of "exalting is the best that can happen to a dragon", but I do "hold onto" some dragons, for some time the most, can't grant forever the rest.

1- Yeah, I do hold onto fodder, but just because I happen to notice it may be useful into some breeding projects/challenges of mine.
As such, it's not a regular thing for me, and are mostly spontaneous if I happen to notice them.

2- Again, I only keep dragons that work for my breeding projects. In some cases some may inspire me to Start a breeding project, but in those cases they rarely are what I end up scrying and as such I exalt them too and then go search AH fodder that may work for my project.

3- Most of the time they're kept into breeding project tab, rarely dressed tho I often add some tibdits of lore related to the desired dragon. But in case of my Guards breeding project/challenge, I fully incorporate them into my clan and its lore, I write for them, code bios, lvl them to 10~25 and breed them as part of my permas. Then I exalt them all when lore calls up for.

4- Depends in what I pretend to do with them. I usually save them for heavy dom pushes, but may casually exalt them within a week or less if I find a better replacement before doing lore around them. Others (mostly my lvl 25s) are kept until a dom battle calls for them.

5-
This is Muda, that from AH fodder became my mire trainer. He was the very first dragon I bought as a newbie (I was specifically searching for an Arcane derg for training and he was the cheapest one to show up), and I trained and stoned him myself. As such he's part of the dragons that built-up my clan, and the dragon I've dedicated the most time to actually writing and coding stuff in its bio. I've kept him since, but I don't frown upon the thought of exalting him after finding a replacement or in case of some extreme situation in lore, same thing as my other "perma" dragons. It is probable that I'll enjoy him for many many many years more tho n_n
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

1.YES HOW DO PEOPLE THROW THESE DERGS AWAY THEY'RE TOO GOOD 1.a. Every time I go to the AH 1.b. I just see them and I don't want them to get exalted to I nab them and throw them at a hatchery. 2. pretty g1s, colors, id, or if the name is something like 'trash' I take it in 3. I either keep them as permas or throw them into some hatchery 4. How long do you usually keep them? Either permas or hatchery dergs, so either always or for like 5 seconds 5. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45432196] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454322/45432196_350.png[/img] [/url] My clan leader and the first derg I bought from the AH ever. I LOVE HIM TO BITS UNTIL I HAVE TO SUPERGLUE HIM BACK TOGETHER he was my profile pic for a year.
1.YES HOW DO PEOPLE THROW THESE DERGS AWAY THEY'RE TOO GOOD
1.a. Every time I go to the AH
1.b. I just see them and I don't want them to get exalted to I nab them and throw them at a hatchery.
2. pretty g1s, colors, id, or if the name is something like 'trash' I take it in

3. I either keep them as permas or throw them into some hatchery

4. How long do you usually keep them? Either permas or hatchery dergs, so either always or for like 5 seconds

45432196_350.png

My clan leader and the first derg I bought from the AH ever. I LOVE HIM TO BITS UNTIL I HAVE TO SUPERGLUE HIM BACK TOGETHER he was my profile pic for a year.
polBfjK.gif

>SOME. [ TIMES ]?

>animation shop
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not? Yes, lots. Usually by accident. Sometimes I see pretty dragons at fodder prices, other times the fodder just sits there in my lair doing sad eyes at me until I swear and move it to my keeping tab. 1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally? If I go on the AH, I will find fodder I want to save, so I try and only go on the AH for specific things... 1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist? Both things have happened. 2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) All these things have happened (???) 3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? Depends. Sometimes they hang around for a bit and then I resell them, sometimes I end up exalting them. Usually I try and breed most dragons that go through my lair at least once. Sometimes they end up part of my lore and I sigh loudly... 4. How long do you usually keep them? Too long... 5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49973146][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499732/49973146_350.png[/img][/url] This is Goober. He started life as a Guardian who I thought was too cute to not at least get a chance at being more than fodder; he sat in my hibden for months. Eventually I realised he'd make a good Gaoler, so now he's a founder member of my gaoler clan and will eventually get lore. Oops. Not bad for a derg who was being sold for fodder! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54225909][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542260/54225909_350.png[/img][/url] Brev is also the online ID of a dear friend; she actually found the dragon, I couldn't resist making myself a Brev fandragon. As soon as I thought of some lore, I was done for! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48326721] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483268/48326721_350.png[/img] [/url] Sudeley has been rescued several times - I got her off the AH, and passed her on to a friend who gave her lore. Then she came back to me with lore and is now going to get MORE lore for her place in my clan. Oops. These are just the ones who I know for sure were fodder and who actually have a solid place in my lore (???) I guarantee you there are a bunch more dragons who are part of breeding pairs or became gaolers or Mystics and so on who started life being sold off cheap but I've completely forgotten that they were never meant to be permadergs. I have a problem ¯\_(?)_/¯

Yes, lots. Usually by accident. Sometimes I see pretty dragons at fodder prices, other times the fodder just sits there in my lair doing sad eyes at me until I swear and move it to my keeping tab.

If I go on the AH, I will find fodder I want to save, so I try and only go on the AH for specific things...

1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist?

Both things have happened.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?)

All these things have happened (???)

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues?

Depends. Sometimes they hang around for a bit and then I resell them, sometimes I end up exalting them. Usually I try and breed most dragons that go through my lair at least once. Sometimes they end up part of my lore and I sigh loudly...

4. How long do you usually keep them?

Too long...

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!)

49973146_350.png

This is Goober. He started life as a Guardian who I thought was too cute to not at least get a chance at being more than fodder; he sat in my hibden for months. Eventually I realised he'd make a good Gaoler, so now he's a founder member of my gaoler clan and will eventually get lore. Oops. Not bad for a derg who was being sold for fodder!

54225909_350.png

Brev is also the online ID of a dear friend; she actually found the dragon, I couldn't resist making myself a Brev fandragon. As soon as I thought of some lore, I was done for!

48326721_350.png

Sudeley has been rescued several times - I got her off the AH, and passed her on to a friend who gave her lore. Then she came back to me with lore and is now going to get MORE lore for her place in my clan. Oops.

These are just the ones who I know for sure were fodder and who actually have a solid place in my lore (???) I guarantee you there are a bunch more dragons who are part of breeding pairs or became gaolers or Mystics and so on who started life being sold off cheap but I've completely forgotten that they were never meant to be permadergs. I have a problem ¯\_(?)_/¯
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
[font=sitka banner][b]1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not?[/b] Absolutely yes. I'm a sucker for cheap pretties and I just can't stand to see them get exalted when they have so much potential. [b]1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally?[/b] I do it pretty often, I'd say. A good chunk of my lair is fodder saves actually. [b]1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist?[/b] When I go to buy a dragon because I need to sate my never-quenching thirst for pretties I always take a quick peak at the cheapest fodder, just to see if there's anything good. 99% of the time I'll end up with 3 new kids that have colours I didn't even know I wanted. [b]2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) [OR if you have never rescued, is there anything that might make you decide to?][/b] A mix of colour, breed and genes. I tend to look for fully gened dragons but I have bought basic kids before. [b]3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? [OR for non-rescuers, what WOULD you do with one, aside from exalt?][/b] Keep them and instantly write lore and make art for them and love them instead of working on the projects I'm supposed to finish. [b]4. How long do you usually keep them? [OR, etc. etc., hypothetically....][/b] Usually forever, though I have given some to a friend before once I got tired of seeing them. [b]5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!) [OR, if you've never rescued, just show me a pretty dragon you're proud of and tell me why :D][/b] My favourite fodder rescue has to be Fantome! She was the first dragon with Ghost I ever got and kicked off a whole collection of dragons in my lair with lore similar to her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47760566][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/477606/47760566.png[/img][/url]
Absolutely yes. I'm a sucker for cheap pretties and I just can't stand to see them get exalted when they have so much potential.
I do it pretty often, I'd say. A good chunk of my lair is fodder saves actually.
When I go to buy a dragon because I need to sate my never-quenching thirst for pretties I always take a quick peak at the cheapest fodder, just to see if there's anything good. 99% of the time I'll end up with 3 new kids that have colours I didn't even know I wanted.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) [OR if you have never rescued, is there anything that might make you decide to?]
A mix of colour, breed and genes. I tend to look for fully gened dragons but I have bought basic kids before.

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? [OR for non-rescuers, what WOULD you do with one, aside from exalt?]
Keep them and instantly write lore and make art for them and love them instead of working on the projects I'm supposed to finish.

4. How long do you usually keep them? [OR, etc. etc., hypothetically....]
Usually forever, though I have given some to a friend before once I got tired of seeing them.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? (I'm super happy to see more than one if you can't choose just 1!) [OR, if you've never rescued, just show me a pretty dragon you're proud of and tell me why :D]
My favourite fodder rescue has to be Fantome! She was the first dragon with Ghost I ever got and kicked off a whole collection of dragons in my lair with lore similar to her.
47760566.png
23839.png probablynx #310083
• she/her • fr +9 •
{avatar}
1. yes. a. all the time. b. i'm subscribed to a lot of free dragon threads and a few of them are pending for exalting. i also buy explicit fodder (like these dragons are only for exalting and not a miss-price) from others. 2. if they are vaguely pretty or a 1st gen/2nd gen. I also offer the more ugly ones, in case people do like them. 3. i have a fodder for dragon thread so others can rescue the ones i bought. as for the free ones, i keep them. 4. forever. if it's an ugly, them I sell them to dom. 5. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52260657] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/522607/52260657_350.png[/img] [/url] wreath is the first one i've ever rescued. he's a pure g2 and i was so happy to get him!!! feel free to look at my lair. the ones I'm keeping in the first 3 tabs and the 1st page in den i've only bought 16 of.
1. yes.
a. all the time.
b. i'm subscribed to a lot of free dragon threads and a few of them are pending for exalting. i also buy explicit fodder (like these dragons are only for exalting and not a miss-price) from others.
2. if they are vaguely pretty or a 1st gen/2nd gen. I also offer the more ugly ones, in case people do like them.
3. i have a fodder for dragon thread so others can rescue the ones i bought. as for the free ones, i keep them.
4. forever. if it's an ugly, them I sell them to dom.

52260657_350.png

wreath is the first one i've ever rescued. he's a pure g2 and i was so happy to get him!!!
feel free to look at my lair. the ones I'm keeping in the first 3 tabs and the 1st page in den i've only bought 16 of.
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
@Skald

Thank you!

Mostly I read in other windows. Seanan McGuire's tumblr is my current go-to. I discovered it a few days ago so I've got years of posts to read right now.

Karkinos is my argument against family trees that include siblings; parents and grandparents are fine but once you put in siblings some of the lists get excessive.
@Skald

Thank you!

Mostly I read in other windows. Seanan McGuire's tumblr is my current go-to. I discovered it a few days ago so I've got years of posts to read right now.

Karkinos is my argument against family trees that include siblings; parents and grandparents are fine but once you put in siblings some of the lists get excessive.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
All the dragons on my first lair page, aside from a few, are fodder rescues. They're dragons I bought when I first started. There's some that aren't there anymore (like FireOpal) buut I just really like them. I see a dragon that looks nice (imo) and I buy it.

Now, i'm buying oldies. I have so many now... (not all permas ofc lol)
All the dragons on my first lair page, aside from a few, are fodder rescues. They're dragons I bought when I first started. There's some that aren't there anymore (like FireOpal) buut I just really like them. I see a dragon that looks nice (imo) and I buy it.

Now, i'm buying oldies. I have so many now... (not all permas ofc lol)
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7